Are short people unimportant?

To be fair, if you're worried about playing Asura it should be because their characters are generally unbearable assholes who get off on telling everyone else in the game how unintelligent they are. Taimi is possibly the only Asura I don't hate.

Seriously, never got past level 20 with an Asura because interacting with that many Asuran NPCs was the most miserable I've been in this game.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"CamoBadger.8531" said:

> To be fair, if you're worried about playing Asura it should be because their characters are generally unbearable kitten who get off on telling everyone else in the game how unintelligent they are. Taimi is possibly the only Asura I don't hate.

>

> Seriously, never got past level 20 with an Asura because interacting with that many Asuran NPCs was the most miserable I've been in this game.

awwww

> @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> I wanted to pick a new race for toon. I forget the name there is a very short troll looking race. I worry that people will think I am not as important because I am not as tall as everyone else. I know it sounds silly. Honestly I'm afraid that I will not be considered equal because I am shorter. Is this normal or is this silly

This sounds like manlet talk

> I wanted to pick a new race for toon. I forget the name there is a very short troll looking race. I worry that people will think I am not as important because I am not as tall as everyone else. I know it sounds silly. Honestly I'm afraid that I will not be considered equal because I am shorter. Is this normal or is this silly

Look, being short—my uncle was a great manlet, Dr. Mid Jet at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very short, the Metrica Institute of Technology, very good, very short—you know, if you’re a conservative Asura, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Asura, they would say I'm one of the tallest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Asura they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Metrica, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a golem—you know I have to give my height credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged— but you look at what's going on with the four taller races—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the Charr are taller now than the Asura, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Sylvari are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

With apologies to Randy Newman...

>!

>! > Asura people got no reason

>! > To live

>! >

>! > They got little hands

>! > And little eyes

>! > And they walk around

>! > Tellin' great big lies

>! >

>! > They got little noses

>! > And tiny little teeth

>! > They wear platform shoes

>! > On their nasty little feet

>! >

>! > Well, I don't want no Asura people

>! > Don't want no Asura people

>! > Round here

>! >

>! > Short people are just the same

>! > As you and I

>! > (A fool such as I)

>! > All Tyrians are brothers

>! > Until the day they die

>! > (It's a wonderful world)

>! >

>! > Asura people got nobody

>! > To love

>! >

>! > They got little baby legs

>! > And they stand so low

>! > You got to pick 'em up

>! > Just to say hello

>! >

>! > They got little golems

>! > That go click click clack

>! > They got little voices

>! > Goin' trick trick track

>! >

>! > They got grubby little fingers

>! > And devious little minds

>! > They're gonna get you every time

>! >

>! > Well, I don't want no Asura people

>! > 'Round here

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> With apologies to Randy Newman...

> >!

>

> ****

> >! > Asura people got no reason

> >! > To live

> >! >

> >! > They got little hands

> >! > And little eyes

> >! > And they walk around

> >! > Tellin' great big lies

> >! >

> >! > They got little noses

> >! > And tiny little teeth

> >! > They wear platform shoes

> >! > On their nasty little feet

> >! >

> >! > Well, I don't want no Asura people

> >! > Don't want no Asura people

> >! > Round here

> >! >

> >! > Short people are just the same

> >! > As you and I

> >! > (A fool such as I)

> >! > All Tyrians are brothers

> >! > Until the day they die

> >! > (It's a wonderful world)

> >! >

> >! > Asura people got nobody

> >! > To love

> >! >

> >! > They got little baby legs

> >! > And they stand so low

> >! > You got to pick 'em up

> >! > Just to say hello

> >! >

> >! > They got little golems

> >! > That go click click clack

> >! > They got little voices

> >! > Goin' trick trick track

> >! >

> >! > They got grubby little fingers

> >! > And devious little minds

> >! > They're gonna get you every time

> >! >

> >! > Well, I don't want no Asura people

> >! > 'Round here

Those lyrics are heartbreaking. :'(

There I was, last night in WvW, it was a grand battle, my Nomad Loving Norn Engineer with heal Spec was pulling all the agro, I would swing my ginormous hammer and.. well nothing would die.. but it looked awesome because I was huge and it was huge.. and being huge commanded respect.. everyone looked up to me, as I stood there doing nothing important but still being a bunker build I was unstoppable.

That was till some little rat looking Asura warrior thing gnawed my ankles off.. now everyone calls me stumpy and I am short and no one respects me anymore

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> There I was, last night in WvW, it was a grand battle, my Nomad Loving Norn Engineer with heal Spec was pulling all the agro, I would swing my ginormous hammer and.. well nothing would die.. but it looked awesome because I was huge and it was huge.. and being huge commanded respect.. everyone looked up to me, as I stood there doing nothing important but still being a bunker build I was unstoppable.

>

> That was till some little rat looking Asura warrior thing gnawed my ankles off.. now everyone calls me stumpy and I am short and no one respects me anymore

@"STIHL.2489" did you just heightsplain me

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/yWn5jGZ.png "")

> > It's pretty evident them Bookahs consult us short people for the important tasks...

>

> Wasn't commander proven the biggest idiot in the universe by Joko recently?

I am an Asura, I know that I am right. Always. Do you hear me. **Always**.

## AND YOU KNOW THAT! YOU ALL DO.

(Actually, who cares about that? The commander did so much for everyone, it's okay to slip here and there. Because learning from possible mistakes is the reason why we Asura are the concentrated magnificence!)

Also, if you think about it, the Asura are the one playable species that had to start all over. That's why they've caved it into the walls of their buildings, and basically, the first few lines are right:

`We are the asura, lords of the deep domains that are now denied to us. Overwhelmed by numbers, power, and brute force, we have been forced to this open sunfilled world and forced to recreate our civilisation. That we have succeeded is a testament to the indomitable spirit and innate intelligence of our people. In every day and with every invention we rebuild our world and bend reality to match our needs.`

And still we are secretly ruling the place. Without us, the Asura, you would still be stuck in medieval times. . . Whatever that could mean, Tyria does not have that time period after all.

Excelsior.

It would seem in Guild Wars, thankfully it is not an issue. But it is not a silly question. In another game my character has black fur and braided hair. I have been the subject of racial slurs etc. Sounds stupid but some are as they are no matter what. Again thankfully, in GW2, we have a our issues, but we're still an awesome community!

Oh, and Asurans, ROCK!

My Sylvari is as short as possible. I made her that way for jump puzzles. She is super fast and nimble.

Brah, lemme tell you this, auras are the coolest creative interesting and funniest toons you will see in gw2 and theyre easily noticed if you look trolly, BUT if you want to dwelve into fashion wars and look hot or cool, Human is the best choice, btw human fashion wars is no joke thing :#