[Suggestion} Make Anniversary Reward Account Based

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > I would not like that it becomes account bound. I am happy to get the gift for each of my char, especially the dyes. That's how I was able to get expensive ones instead of paying for them. I would like it to continue as is. :)

>

> As I said ... I suggested to keep all those rewards (such as dyes - shoot cake - scrolls - minis) character bound but to change the specific - unique to celebrate the GW2 anniversary or at least account bound

Isnt that the way things already work? Character birthday stuff comes in per character while the GW2 anniversary stuff comes in per account.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > > I would not like that it becomes account bound. I am happy to get the gift for each of my char, especially the dyes. That's how I was able to get expensive ones instead of paying for them. I would like it to continue as is. :)

> >

> > As I said ... I suggested to keep all those rewards (such as dyes - shoot cake - scrolls - minis) character bound but to change the specific - unique to celebrate the GW2 anniversary or at least account bound

>

> Isnt that the way things already work? Character birthday stuff comes in per character while the GW2 anniversary stuff comes in per account.

it comes once when you get your first character to its birthday creation ... so it 's basically character bound. You'll have to get a character created on launch day to get it in the same time than GW2 anniversary.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > I deleted quite a few characters in the early days of Guild Wars. But as the person who actually proposed the idea of "birthday rewards," I am not upset about how it worked out, which meant that I did not receive my birthday gifts as early as others who didn't delete their first characters.

> > >

> > > After all, people have birthdays, not accounts, and I look on my characters as a virtual "person." :)

> >

> > Well, by your logic, if it's people who have birthdays and the game clearly is not a person, why celebrate the game's birthday? I don't really see it as strange to celebrate the game's longevity with players rather than their characters. Just saying ;)

>

> That's the anniversary celebration. Birthdays are different.

Well, isn't that what this thread is about?

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > I deleted quite a few characters in the early days of Guild Wars. But as the person who actually proposed the idea of "birthday rewards," I am not upset about how it worked out, which meant that I did not receive my birthday gifts as early as others who didn't delete their first characters.

> > > >

> > > > After all, people have birthdays, not accounts, and I look on my characters as a virtual "person." :)

> > >

> > > Well, by your logic, if it's people who have birthdays and the game clearly is not a person, why celebrate the game's birthday? I don't really see it as strange to celebrate the game's longevity with players rather than their characters. Just saying ;)

> >

> > That's the anniversary celebration. Birthdays are different.

>

> Well, isn't that what this thread is about?

>

THANK YOU Q.Q

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > @"Tasida.4085" said:

> > I made a few toons at 3 day head start (and kept em)........curious to see what we get this year...no spoilers ;). Some of us during first birthday of GW1 learned the hard way not to delete toons so freely lol. I see nothing wrong with the current system (been this way since 06) and think it all should stay as it is. Note: Yes GW 1 launched in 05 but first birthday was 06.

>

> OHHH... multiple toons maintained since pre-launch!? OUTSTANDING!!! :smiley:

I still have five that I created in the first three hours of day 1 of head start(1), and two that I created on day two.

(1) Mostly as a means of grabbing some names I wanted, only some of which were on my GW1 characters.

I had this problem in GW1 - I deleted my first few characters so the oldest one I have left is about 9 months younger than my account. Partially because of that I spent the GW2 betas making 'practice' versions of my characters so I could get them right at launch. I knew I had a tendency to restart characters several times to make changes (not even just in MMOs - I started playing Baldur's Gate again a month ago and haven't gotten beyond the first town you visit because I keep restarting) and I didn't want to waste my time doing that at launch if I could avoid it. So since the betas were happening, and everything was deleted at the end of each one anyway, it seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Even then I ended up restarting two of them - one a couple of days in and one after about a week when I got back from holiday (yeah, I played the headstart period then missed the first week!) and my oldest character has been tweaked with a total makeover kit at least once. I've also deleted other characters over the years so I 'miss out' on their birthday gifts, some were a year or two old when I deleted them.

But I know it would bother me to have characters who aren't quite right, or a massive list of old characters I never use, more than waiting longer for the birthday gifts bothers me.

> @"ATMAvatar.5749" said:

> The only birthday gift that matters is a gun... that shoots _cake_.

Yes! It's still one of my favourite birthday gifts. And occasionally useful too when I realise I've forgotten to bring any food.

I used to look forward to my GW Birthdays, wondering what mini pet I would get, ( I wasn't that bothered about the tonics) oh the joy to get the Gwen or the bone dragon. <3

Also meant I had tons of pets for my HoM.

Be nice to have something to look forward too like that.

I learned from GW1 never ever delete a character because.. well... birthdays. I used all my character slots on the first pre-release day and now just buy a new char slot when I want something different. (26 characters and counting) - I look forward to all the birthday gifts I receive and am looking forward to the 6th anniversary gift come 24 Aug (?). The only useless gift would be a level 60 boost because after 6 years of playing I am swamped with stacks and stacks of tomes of knowledge and another level booster is just a waste of bank space.

But my point is never delete a char. Those gifts add up.

> @"Kreony.6240" said:

> I was told no to delete my char because of birthdays from GW1.(playing only GW2). so now i have 24 Chars (min 2 of a class).every time i needed to try something new was buying new charslot. Thats how i did it.

now we know why GW2 is still alive ;)

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Kreony.6240" said:

> > I was told no to delete my char because of birthdays from GW1.(playing only GW2). so now i have 24 Chars (min 2 of a class).every time i needed to try something new was buying new charslot. Thats how i did it.

>

> now we know why GW2 is still alive ;)

Spending cash so we don't have to xD

I have 4 headstart characters ... it would've been 5 but I deleted one :\ .... I figured 4 max-year b-day gifts isn't that much worse than 5

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> Exactly no: be cause I get lots of rewards be cause I deliberately created like 5-6 characters at the prerelease event back in 2012. I get a lot of stuff then :wink:

You know, I did the exact same thing. I created a character for each slot I had the first night of the early access...and on my first birthday, all those characters ages showed they were all created one day apart from each other, 1 character a day for 5 days. I thought that was odd and submitted a ticket, but I just got back something about creating a bug report in game as close as possible to where the bug occurred. Since I couldn't understand where exactly I was supposed to go in game to make a bug report for multiple character creations on the same night that now show they were each made a day apart, I just gave up and accepted it will always be screwed up.

So now, I get 1 gift a day for 5 days on those characters. It is what it is I guess.

> @"Kreejaffa.3682" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > Exactly no: be cause I get lots of rewards be cause I deliberately created like 5-6 characters at the prerelease event back in 2012. I get a lot of stuff then :wink:

>

> You know, I did the exact same thing. I created a character for each slot I had the first night of the early access...and on my first birthday, all those characters ages showed they were all created one day apart from each other, 1 character a day for 5 days. I thought that was odd and submitted a ticket, but I just got back something about creating a bug report in game as close as possible to where the bug occurred. Since I couldn't understand where exactly I was supposed to go in game to make a bug report for multiple character creations on the same night that now show they were each made a day apart, I just gave up and accepted it will always be screwed up.

>

> So now, I get 1 gift a day for 5 days on those characters. It is what it is I guess.

I have had a similar situation.

I understand the pain of characters that got deleted... Having said that, if the gift were account bound, I would be kind of miffed that my (almost) 6 year old character got the exact same gift as a one year old character on a 6 year old account. I built my character. I nursed it through all the updates, upgrades, specializations, and gear changes. I can't tell you how many transmute charges I've gone through.

It might sound a bit minor in the greater scheme of things, but a one-year-old character simply doesn't deserve a 6-year-worthy gift.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> After all these years, I still can't understand why we couldn't have a mount licence selector or a glider, they are in game for a while now and playing with a character for 6 years or more definitely deserve that! Or a mount pack!

I'd imagine Anet wants the birthday gifts to be usable by all players, including those who don't have either expansion. So, unless mounts or gliders ever become core content, I don't think we'll ever get a mount skin or glider skin as a birthday gift.