[POLL] Current Most Useless Profession?

Kako.1930

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was almost expecting our favorite edgelords the necros to make an appearance here.

But in PvP, it is without a doubt ele. It's very easy to screw up, very easy to get one-shotted, very hard to do decent damage or support. They don't have a role in PvP. One can complain about weak elite specs and weak core for all the other classes... but ele just doesn't have a serious presence in PvP at all.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Ele by far and if we do not careful this maybe moved as well (the class that should be not named).

>

> Ele is balanced with fields in mind and soft cc doing something as well one stuns its balanced for 2012 not 2018 gw2.

I'm hoping it remains to shed light on the situation, especially since I worded it very carefully to avoid it being banished to exile, but it may be sent off to die there just to create the illusion that everything is fine and balanced lol.

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Ele by far and if we do not careful this maybe moved as well (the class that should be not named).

> >

> > Ele is balanced with fields in mind and soft cc doing something as well one stuns its balanced for 2012 not 2018 gw2.

>

> I'm hoping it remains to shed light on the situation, especially since I worded it very carefully to avoid it being banished to exile, but it may be sent off to die there just to create the illusion that everything is fine and balanced lol.

But noone is biased! :trollface:

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Kako.1930" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > Ele by far and if we do not careful this maybe moved as well (the class that should be not named).

> > >

> > > Ele is balanced with fields in mind and soft cc doing something as well one stuns its balanced for 2012 not 2018 gw2.

> >

> > I'm hoping it remains to shed light on the situation, especially since I worded it very carefully to avoid it being banished to exile, but it may be sent off to die there just to create the illusion that everything is fine and balanced lol.

>

> But noone is biased! :trollface:

Lol, rip to the other thread. It's filled with a bunch of mindless wvw blobbers and pve golem-whackers who are all confused now because they probably don't even know what PvP is. No bias tho!!111!1?

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > I always find these threads kinda pointless because it's ultimately all about builds, not professions.

> They're pointless because everyone is convinced their own favorite profession is the one Anet has neglected the most.

>

> Case in point: the OP.

If that were the case, wouldn't the results be a little more spread out instead of 85/137 voting for the same thing, and the rest not even breaching 16? Especially since no profession was named in the description or left out of the polling options, so everyone could just vote for their main.

I played 12K hours as **Ele in PVP**

Ele strongly needs to have more normal "stunbreaks" and it will shine even in cloth armor and low vitality.

This is very small change but helps a lot.

Also If Ele will have few active defense abilities it will be way more interesting and fun to play (today just single "oh-shit-button": "twist of fate").

If Ele is so squishy and have no blocks, no armor, no passive defense, no vitality, need to give him some ways to survive at least for attentive players...

I may offer to have this "oh-shit-button" per dual attunement, today none uses dualattunement since last nerf, so it will add a deep and fun to the fight and it's often available during a fight.

Alternative way for conditions cleanse will diversify builds a lot. As example "remove condition on each "protection" or remove condition on each "barrier").

> @"otto.5684" said:

> Whoever voted for rev, please wake the hell up. The only reason herald is not consider significantly outperforming, is because condi builds keep it in check.

Mesmer melts the Revenant, counters it even harder than lb Soulbeast counter the Scourge. Any time I see a Mes in the enemy lines I known that can't afford going far or holding home. Could be a l2p thing, but seing the team with the two Mesmers cut across in the last EU AT put the things clear over the table.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

>

> > Whoever voted for rev, please wake the hell up. The only reason herald is not consider significantly outperforming, is because condi builds keep it in check.

>

> Mesmer melts the Revenant, counters it even harder than lb Soulbeast counter the Scourge. Any time I see a Mes in the enemy lines I known that can't afford going far or holding home. Could be a l2p thing, but seing the team with the two Mesmers cut across in the last EU AT put the things clear over the table.

It surely is not L2P. Mesmer is a very effective against rev due multiple evasion tools and reapplication of condis. Though, most of the time rev and Mesmer run in different circles. Mesmer mostly play off point, where rev tends to stay more mid. So, the interactions should be minimized.

The key for rev strength (and weakness in its absence) is a solid supporting team, with beefy allies. If you have someone to soak damage and deal with mirages and scourges, rev dominates.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> >

> > > Whoever voted for rev, please wake the hell up. The only reason herald is not consider significantly outperforming, is because condi builds keep it in check.

> >

> > Mesmer melts the Revenant, counters it even harder than lb Soulbeast counter the Scourge. Any time I see a Mes in the enemy lines I known that can't afford going far or holding home. Could be a l2p thing, but seing the team with the two Mesmers cut across in the last EU AT put the things clear over the table.

>

> It surely is not L2P. Mesmer is a very effective against rev due multiple evasion tools and reapplication of condis. Though, most of the time rev and Mesmer run in different circles. Mesmer mostly play off point, where rev tends to stay more mid. So, the interactions should be minimized.

>

> The key for rev strength (and weakness in its absence) is a solid supporting team, with beefy allies. If you have someone to soak damage and deal with mirages and scourges, rev dominates.

Another problem is that there really aren't a whole lot of beefy builds left after the removal of so many amulets. The only support build I can think of that's still ok is firebrand, but even then it's rough. The rev could use more personal support to make up for it, probably.

By mistake voted for Necro.

Want to explain that my vote should have gone to ELE.

I will be surprised, disappointed, angry and, lastly, sad if Anet doesn't buff the existing one and aren't designing something that will be in the meta (ELEs 3rd elite spec).

We really need this and it's not just a rant.

Every time I play my ele in PvP I got constant bash from my team and the rain of the questions:

"ELE in PvP?!?! WTF?"

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> By mistake voted for Necro.

> Want to explain that my vote should have gone to ELE.

> I will be surprised, disappointed, angry and, lastly, sad if Anet doesn't buff the existing one and aren't designing something that will be in the meta (ELEs 3rd elite spec).

> We really need this and it's not just a rant.

> Every time I play my ele in PvP I got constant bash from my team and the rain of the questions:

> "ELE in PvP?!?! kitten?"

This is the reality we live in...if ele find itself in a somehow balanced situation..they will shout OP till it get rekted by nerfs....then they shout at you for using an ele and if you lose to their spec...you must l2p..it's sad I know

The ele suffered from way too many nerfs. The class felt rewarding to play back when we had might on cantrips and could use zerk d/d in wvw without melting in 0.1 seconds.

It's the only case of devs destroying the class I play to the point of sending me play other games and making me uninstall their game.

I am beginning to believe that balancing the elementalist is difficult for the devs due to the fact that all weapon sets are fundamentally different, yet the traitlines are not geared specifically to the weapon sets. In today's game ele plays so much slower and clunkier than some of the other classes I like to play. Being rooted during casting is just ONE horrible design flaw. Remove that and ele's would be alot better, JUST THAT ONE MECHANIC.

If I am playing my staff ele in PvP and I happen to get placed with the right comp it's lights out for the other team. I usually get placed in other less optimized comps. I have often wondered if the match maker has an algorithm that places certain specs into certain comps. On my ele i get alot of "bruisers " on my team. My FB gets placed with alot different setups. When on my my warrior I never see any ele's . just weird.

> @"Kathul.1280" said:

> I am beginning to believe that balancing the elementalist is difficult for the devs due to the fact that all weapon sets are fundamentally different, yet the traitlines are not geared specifically to the weapon sets. In today's game ele plays so much slower and clunkier than some of the other classes I like to play. Being rooted during casting is just ONE horrible design flaw. Remove that and ele's would be alot better, JUST THAT ONE MECHANIC.

>

> If I am playing my staff ele in PvP and I happen to get placed with the right comp it's lights out for the other team. I usually get placed in other less optimized comps. I have often wondered if the match maker has an algorithm that places certain specs into certain comps. On my ele i get alot of "bruisers " on my team. My FB gets placed with alot different setups. When on my my warrior I never see any ele's . just weird.

Being rooted, long cast times, and having to be facing your target to cast a lot of skills all make ele clunky and weak compared to how fast and smooth everything else is tbh. A lot of skills get canceled mid-cast just by slightly turning the character or trying to move a bit. Here's hoping something changes... Eventually....