Aurora, “One Of The Hardest PVE Items To Obtain In Guild Wars 2”, Here is a summation of everything

I made this post to show everything needed for Aurora. I wanted everyone to know how crazy the list of materials, quests, bosses, and currency was before setting off to get it. Have fun and let me know what you think.

https://realitydecoded.blog/2018/08/17/i-must-be-insane-trying-to-add-aurora-the-hardest-to-obtain-item-in-guild-wars-2-to-my-player-here-is-everything-needed-to-prove-it/

I loved the process of crafting this item a lot. Aurora, and the way to it, is how an open world Legendary should be. As a side note to all the players asking for legendaries to be obtainable through open world PvE ONLY, this is how it will and should be.

Also, i clicked on that link in the OP, more (you)'s for you. :)

This legendary was actually quite fun to get. Here is the big disparity though:

- For a new Player starting from scratch the process is long. Very long. It is absolutely a long term goal to which you can constantly work towards.

- Veteran players who were active during every living world Episode when it released and gather daily some of the materials (by getting the home instance node for example) were able to craft the legendary almost immediately or shortly after it got added.

If I'd have to guess, I'd assumed that at the end of Living World Season 4 a similar item will get added, at least I hope Arenanet does. One of the main reasons to daily gather the home instance with all the nodes.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > I thought it was considered much easier among legnedaries? Ask you don’t need all of those achievements, just most of them.

>

> Is this true? The main thing that turned me away from Aurora is a thought ALL LS achievements had to be completed.

>

Not all of them but you need to do all meta achievements for the episodes. They don't require you to do everything but still abig chunk. Also, ANet made sure to keep the hardest part in, regardeless of which achis you do for the meta, f.e. you will need to do the Chalice of Tears, regardeless of the meta achievement for EP2.

> @"Joraan Adenard.2061" said:

> You dont need to complete every mets achiements to craft it, you only need the **items** rewarded through those meta achievements. These items can be obtained through PvP/WvW reward tracks, making you completely bypass most achievements, if that is what's keeping you back from crafting the legendary.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > I thought it was considered much easier among legnedaries? Ask you don’t need all of those achievements, just most of them.

> >

> > Is this true? The main thing that turned me away from Aurora is a thought ALL LS achievements had to be completed.

> >

>

> Not all of them but you need to do all meta achievements for the episodes. They don't require you to do everything but still abig chunk. Also, ANet made sure to keep the hardest part in, regardeless of which achis you do for the meta, f.e. you will need to do the Chalice of Tears, regardeless of the meta achievement for EP2.

Will definatley go back and revisit this. Thanks!

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > I thought it was considered much easier among legnedaries? Ask you don’t need all of those achievements, just most of them.

>

> Is this true? The main thing that turned me away from Aurora is a thought ALL LS achievements had to be completed.

>

If I remember correctly, there are collections for each map, so you’ll have to play a lot of S3, but one of the items required is the skin from the meta achievement out of each. But, you can also get those skins from pvp or wvw reward tracks if you really hate the thought of doing all those achs

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

>

>

You can "dodge" a lot of achievments by getting the armor pieces of each LS map from PvP reward tracks.

I've done this to craft mine, way easier (if you enjoy pvp, of course)

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> I thought it was considered much easier among legnedaries? Ask you don’t need all of those achievements, just most of them.

Well at least it is cheaper. Everything else is subjective. A lot of people will probably not appreciate having to do Chalice of Tears twice.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

>

> Well at least it is cheaper. Everything else is subjective. A lot of people will probably not appreciate having to do Chalice of Tears twice.

I was able to get all my Chalice tokens with the help of a mesmer. Shout out to the chrono from Cute, But Devlish Inside (CUTE) that helped me get them. And to all the offers from mesmers I saw in map chat. You all truly are gems!

• 1 month later...