Kicked from Fractals For being Herald?

Just got booted from a Pug group for being a herald? I main rev and have ever since I switched over from warrior. The guy who went down every 3 seconds complained that we needed a druid and that herald is useless in fractals. I've never had a problem in any other PUG groups or guild groups. The group chat became really toxic and then I was suddenly booted. I was not rude to them at all and we were on an easy T4 fractal (snowblind). Not sure what I did wrong. Any insight would be appreciated.

Fractals have become a place where everyone just wants to get the dailies over and done with no fuss. So overtime "meta classes" have become the expected norm such that every class outside of Chrono/Druid is expected to do dps and those 2 are expected to play as support (playing dps chrono/druid would catch players off guard unless you say youre dps). Everything else would be considered niche - you might be playing healer and nobody knows it, hell you might get 2 if nobody mentions theyre healing. If you play firebrand/herald/scourge etc everyone expect dps even though they can be played as support.

Not having been present, and only bearing your side of the story (which sounds plausible) I'd have to assume:

- a group of inexperienced and/or mediocre players. Snowblind is a very nice fractals to see who can and can't play. Many attack can/should be dodged without sacrificing damage especially on the last Boss (since he goes immun)

- lack of healer (you started you were in herald, not if support herald or not). no healer is required but this will automatically make people blame you even if it's their bad positioning playing a non-meta or less known meta class

- possible a group who filled up thus making you automatically the odd man out

I wouldn't take it to heart. Stuff like this happens. There is some truly terrible (skill wise) players in T4 and when 3-4 of them come together with no one to carry them, things go south.

As eldrjth said: it's all about getting the loot as fast and easy (brain dead) as possible.

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> Chill just few "Meta" players.. there are lot of them. SC build but 0 skill and +100 blame for not being a "Meta"

Whenever i see non meta players on twitch trying fractals it takes them ages to complete anything.

You can complete normal t4's in 20min. Your average non meta pug needs that time for one fractal alone.

> @"Xantaria.8726" said:

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > Chill just few "Meta" players.. there are lot of them. SC build but 0 skill and +100 blame for not being a "Meta"

>

> Not some Mateplayers....just bad/stupid players.

> But thanks for starting an unjust rant against metaplayers again.

I dont want to start it again, but if I play with ppl that arent good and they die and they play their own builds...-> no hate from their side, cuz they know they fucked up. I cannot say the same for "You know who" players, they are convinced that they have the best build, thus losing it is not their fault.

But I got your point. Lets focus on thread TY.

For me Rev(even pure DPS) is great cuz lovely boons. Fractals are doable even without healer its just little bit harder.

NOT YOUR FAULT

:) be prepared to meet a lot of unpleasant people, but also lot of Chilled dudes and gurls that you will enjoy every second with.

you know being kicked because of class

#necrodailyissues

EDIT:

Herald is getting buff so it will be interesting what he gets :)

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > Chill just few "Meta" players.. there are lot of them. SC build but 0 skill and +100 blame for not being a "Meta"

>

> Whenever i see non meta players on twitch trying fractals it takes them ages to complete anything.

> You can complete normal t4's in 20min. Your average non meta pug needs that time for one fractal alone.

whenever Im in Meta group 80% of them are doing 8-10k dps...and die a lot because dodge is dmg loss :D

only sometimes i find ppl that rocks and DPS thru the roof

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > Chill just few "Meta" players.. there are lot of them. SC build but 0 skill and +100 blame for not being a "Meta"

> >

> > Whenever i see non meta players on twitch trying fractals it takes them ages to complete anything.

> > You can complete normal t4's in 20min. Your average non meta pug needs that time for one fractal alone.

>

> whenever Im in Meta group 80% of them are doing 8-10k dps...and die a lot because dodge is dmg loss :D

> only sometimes i find ppl that rocks and DPS thru the roof

Is why I like DD staff thief, can dodge and do dmg

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

>

> Whenever i see non meta players on twitch trying fractals it takes them ages to complete anything.

> You can complete normal t4's in 20min. Your average non meta pug needs that time for one fractal alone.

And my average meta group needs ~40mins for both cms+t4.... but oh no, just cause you didnt get such groups all who play "meta" builds must be bad players.... and you must be pretty sure that they never theocraft for themself, or maybe worked together to create a meta build? cause you know, there were thousnad on the communityforums of qt alone.

But sure, your average meta player is just as every non-meta i got in pug groups which took 2h for t4 cause they dealt only 1k dps with their snowflake builds kappa.

Their are bad metaplayers, there are bad non-metaplayers. But assuming that the average of those are bad or always assume that when something like from op happens that they must be metaplayers *just cause you got some bad ones in the few times you tried to run in such a group* is wrong. But who am i to judge? I am just a filthy meta player. Sure i must be wrong in every manner.

> @"Bacon Please.8407" said:

Ignore them and move on. This can always happen in pugs for any stupid reason. In the past you were kicked cause you dont have 5k AP. Sad but true.

For a less stressful experience maybe look for a static^^.

I had my best time in this game while raiding and running fractals with a static group, much better then depend on pugs.

> Just got booted from a Pug group for being a herald? I main rev and have ever since I switched over from warrior. The guy who went down every 3 seconds complained that we needed a druid and that herald is useless in fractals. I've never had a problem in any other PUG groups or guild groups. The group chat became really toxic and then I was suddenly booted. I was not rude to them at all and we were on an easy T4 fractal (snowblind). Not sure what I did wrong. Any insight would be appreciated.

whenever you join 4th or as 5th person on fractal group, check their tag. If its same tag, i'd just leave. coz if anything goes wrong, you will be the first one to get kicked which is not bad but it comes with verbal abuse as well and that can be bad.

> Just got booted from a Pug group for being a herald? I main rev and have ever since I switched over from warrior. The guy who went down every 3 seconds complained that we needed a druid and that herald is useless in fractals. I've never had a problem in any other PUG groups or guild groups. The group chat became really toxic and then I was suddenly booted. I was not rude to them at all and we were on an easy T4 fractal (snowblind). Not sure what I did wrong. Any insight would be appreciated.

This druid/chrono meme already make ppl lazy to think how to play their class properly. Anet did their job to make sure each class has a way to survive from terrible environment. The only problem is our dear SC guild did their job too well, only few player would like to invest time to their class.

So back to this situation, that's why u get booted. Those guy dont know how to play their class. So they have no choice but find druid / chrono to carry them. SC doesn't put too much love on herald(i guess you were playing support-dps)

> @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> So back to this situation, that's why u get booted. Those guy dont know how to play their class. So they have no choice but find druid / chrono to carry them. SC doesn't put too much love on herald(i guess you were playing support-dps)

Fair enough druid isn't actually needed (this could be a problem with the condi instabilities tho), but chrono is pretty much irreplaceable in fractals. I believe Deroir played herald before PoF, there's Rheyo who also uploads and streams (he's on a break or smth), don't know of any more ppl, but rev is still very much playable fractals.

If you join a t4 run that doesn't specify roles you can join even on meme classes like necro, a lot of the time you won't even be kicked for having 5k cleave dps.

> > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > Was their group's LFG stated LF druid or something?

>

> No it was just a LFG daily 2 necro, 1 warrior, 1 guardian, me

> we had done all the other t4 fractals with no issues.

Maybe you underperformed? Maybe you didn't bring enough to the group like bringing ventari reflect for the campfire fight (e.g. bringing something unique from the class and actually utilizing it) ? Maybe they were just assholes who knows. Don't let kicks get to you, it's not a big deal at the end of the day, it's a majority vote.

The best thing to do when a group start to criticize your build is to leave this group. It's not like LFG is not there to allow you to enter another group soon after. And since you've not been kicked, you do not feel "bad" or whatever, you're just true to yourself, aware of your own worth.

> @"Xantaria.8726" said:

> > @"Bacon Please.8407" said:

>

> Ignore them and move on. This can always happen in pugs for any stupid reason. In the past you were kicked cause you dont have 5k AP. Sad but true.

> For a less stressful experience maybe look for a static^^.

> I had my best time in this game while raiding and running fractals with a static group, much better then depend on pugs.

>

i have 12k on this account and 5000 hours though..

>The guy who went down every 3 seconds complained that we needed a druid and that herald is useless in fractals.

>The group chat became really toxic and then I was suddenly booted.

Sounds like they did you a favor.

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago that caused me to stop playing fractals. We breezed through two of the dailies, then we had a druid who left due to time constraints. Someone reposted on LFG asking for a druid and I said we didn't need a druid, they're freaking fractals. This caused 2 others to leave because apparently they believed they needed the crutch of a healer when really they just needed to understand the mechanics.

Totally soured me on fractals, and I'm close to getting my first Mist Attunement.