Please Release Episode 4 trailer today

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > A little early based on their trend. I wouldn’t expect to see a trailer until the end of the month.

>

> I don't think they opt for another 4 month release for no reason.

There would always be a reason for why an episode takes as long as it does.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Perhaps a good question to ask them during the next AMA would be what they forecast there release cadence to be. Is it still every 2-3 months or is it further out?

My question is does the 3 months start from when the last episode was released or from when it was supposed to be released?

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> As long as it wont be delayed I will be happy.

>

> The 3 months cadence ends on September 26.

>

> So this is when we should be expecting the episode

It is not and never has been a date by date 3 month cadence. It is an approximation based on an ideal they hope to deliver, with the explicit caveat of it being shorter or longer based on any number of variables.

Basically, itll be ready when it is ready and after openingly admitting they rushed Kourna, not one single person should be pushing them for a sooner finish or to deliver by an exact date. Id rather wait for 5 months and have a better quality, finished release frankly

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > As long as it wont be delayed I will be happy.

> >

> > The 3 months cadence ends on September 26.

> >

> > So this is when we should be expecting the episode

>

> It is not and never has been a date by date 3 month cadence. It is an approximation based on an ideal they hope to deliver, with the explicit caveat of it being shorter or longer based on any number of variables.

>

> Basically, itll be ready when it is ready and after openingly admitting they rushed Kourna, not one single person should be pushing them for a sooner finish or to deliver by an exact date. Id rather wait for 5 months and have a better quality, finished release frankly

Yeah, and I was born yesterday...

So why did they apologize for two delayed episodes just at the same day the episodes should hit?

Check " Episode 3 is on the horizon" topic

You're repeating everything over and over again.

The last episode was not rushed... It was released after almost 4 months after Ep2.

It was all thought out but when people started complaining about Gandara meta, then they said: oh we will take care of the future metas much better.

We could see after this final cinematic that everything was prepared, and those bugs after the launch could happen anytime.

"wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence."

'Normal Release Cadence' means 2-3 months.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Perhaps a good question to ask them during the next AMA would be what they forecast there release cadence to be. Is it still every 2-3 months or is it further out?

They basically answered that when they were streaming last week (notes). It's currently taking them 9-10 months to develop an episode, which means the cadence is now 3-4 months. Back when it was 2-3, it was 6-7 months per episode.

I have more faith on the next episode since it's supposed to be team 1's work. They gave us Istan, which released soon after POF and had good story and open world meta. Story wise I am not too interested since joko is dead and we know we can't kill Kralkatorrik. I guess they can easily surprise me since I have no expectations.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Perhaps a good question to ask them during the next AMA would be what they forecast there release cadence to be. Is it still every 2-3 months or is it further out?

>

> They basically answered that when they were streaming last week (notes). It's currently taking them 9-10 months to develop an episode, which means the cadence is now 3-4 months. Back when it was 2-3, it was 6-7 months per episode.

>

Ah. Thanks for pointing that out.

I kind of figured there wouldn't be a trailer today with the pvp patch just last week. Here's to hoping for one next week though! Would love to get it before the Halloween festivities begin so I'm not torn between what to do.

Lots of interesting news lately though. An article on reddit said something about season 5 releasing stuff that is normally released with expansions. Wonder what that could be. As much as I would love elite specs I imagine it's probably something less game-changing than that. More mounts and this Sun's Refuge thing hasn't really had any additional comment made about it.

So much wild speculation everywhere, and I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> You're repeating everything over and over again.

>

> The last episode was not rushed... It was released after almost 4 months after Ep2.

>

> It was all thought out but when people started complaining about Gandara meta, then they said: oh we will take care of the future metas much better.

That's not true. They admitted they release Kourna map in unfinished state. Customers have every right to complain about that and put blame on devs.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > You're repeating everything over and over again.

> >

> > The last episode was not rushed... It was released after almost 4 months after Ep2.

> >

> > It was all thought out but when people started complaining about Gandara meta, then they said: oh we will take care of the future metas much better.

>

> That's not true. They admitted they release Kourna map in unfinished state. Customers have every right to complain about that and put blame on devs.

Source?

The "2-3 month cadence" became the "3 month cadence" which quietly became the "3-4 month cadence" and is now quickly becoming the "4 month cadence"...... By next year it will be the "7 month cadence" and after a certain point its like why even call it a "living world" of regular content release.

And before anyone makes the argument that delaying it will improve the quality... look how that worked out for episode 3...

> @"Xenon.4537" said:

> The "2-3 month cadence" became the "3 month cadence" which quietly became the "3-4 month cadence" and is now quickly becoming the "4 month cadence"...... By next year it will be the "7 month cadence" and after a certain point its like why even call it a "living world" of regular content release.

>

> And before anyone makes the argument that delaying it will improve the quality... look how that worked out for episode 3...

I personally found nothing wrong with episode 3 and felt it was no different than the previous episodes including LS3. Istan is only being propped up above everything else because of the farm.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > You're repeating everything over and over again.

> > >

> > > The last episode was not rushed... It was released after almost 4 months after Ep2.

> > >

> > > It was all thought out but when people started complaining about Gandara meta, then they said: oh we will take care of the future metas much better.

> >

> > That's not true. They admitted they release Kourna map in unfinished state. Customers have every right to complain about that and put blame on devs.

>

> Source?

Ive been trying to find proof of the claim myself, and i keep finding people saying it came up in an AMA shortly after release of EP3, but i dont know where to go for the full versions of the AMAs.

The typical three month period is set when the episode actually gets released, not when it was originally supposed to. So its not time yet.

Its always been the 2-3 months and they have stuck with it. Just because Something doesn't come out a month late doesn't mean the very next chapter comes the very next month. I expect to explain this a thousand times more because people don't understand this.

I also think that they should not rush future episodes like they did last one, and take as long as they need to do that. Kourna was clearly unfinished to me, as seen if you break out of the map and go into Gandara and see unfinished buildings and the walls put in place for what looked like was supposed to be a 3 lane meta.