How to Properly Balance Rune of the Sanctuary

shadowpass.4236

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > Shad> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > I think a lot of people are overreacting to the rework of this sigil. It essentially increases the amount of healing you gain actively (does not affect passive regen) by 20%. The rune is good on most classes and effective in many different variations of builds. It is NOT (in my opinion) overpowered.

> > >

> > > However, after playing ranked/unranked for several hours today, both as and against other Scourges, I've come to the conclusion that the only broken interaction the rune has is with resurrecting downed bodies. This isn't an issue with Scourge specifically, but the rune basically gives everyone a free 10% additional res speed. This, combined with other res traits/utilities means that cleaving a downed body becomes nearly impossible in a team fight when multiple people coordinate the res.

> > >

> > > So, my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the Sanctuary from affecting downed bodies. Everything else seems fine to me.

> > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > >

> > > Also, it's worth noting that Scourges have stronger condi clear and easy access to might with this rune. Even then, I still don't think it's necessarily broken. Scourges still die to power damage and the condi clear is roughly as strong as Diamond Skin while Desert Shroud and Transfusion are on cooldown. You can check out my [latest broadcast on twitch](

) to see how I deal with Blood Scourges both in a mirror matchup and as a variety of other classes and builds.

> > >

> > > If you (Anet) were to fix this "issue," putting a .5s or 1s ICD (possibly per target) on Abrasive Grit solves the problem without any dire consequences.

> >

> > you keep talking, over and over again how this is solely a necro issue.....

> > I do think it's a problem with necros...I mean, can anyone else in game rez someone in 2 secs? That isht needs to be nerfed into the ground on any class that can rezbot.

> >

> > But lets adress the following I pulled from another thread that addresses issues with all classes using it

> > **This is broken because of the following.

> > This works in downstate, meaning that the barrier is multiplied based on how many people are ressing you.

> > So technically it's going to be near impossible to dps out a target that has this rune equipped.

> > This also works with Signet Of Mercy, meaning that if a downed target gets ressed with Rune Of Sanc they literally get max barrier.**

> >

> > _Care to address that?_

>

> ???

>

> I did.

>

> Why would you quote my OP if you didn't even read it? lol...

you didn't mention the barrier specifically.

Where in your post did you say barrier?

You said "my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the sanctuary from affecting downed bodies"

And partially that was my mistake.

But, still have a question, which your post does not answer.

The Rune Description says, (6): Gain a barrier with health equal to 20% of any heals you receive.

The heals can be from yourself, even regen.

Can the person doing the rezzing get a barrier while rezzing?

Do you think that would be balanced if there was an icd?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Shadowpass really just cares about how it interacts with Boonbeast and Druid, both of which massively benefit from Sanctuary Runes and Boonbeast definitely doesn't need buffs right now.

>

> Boonbeast doesn't benefit more from Sanctuary Rune than any other profession.... um, less benefit that many classes to be honest. Everyone has their class biases but Boonbeast isn't really known for its direct heal spamming.

>

> I find its better for classes like Scrapper that has a +15% multiplier on incoming barriers, and a direct heal like Healing Turret, Super Elixir, and you gain 7 barrier for every single boon you apply to yourself from Compounding Chemicals. What this does it allow you to keep high uptime of Barrier so that your Grandmaster Trait that is a -20% condition damage multiplier when you have active barrier can work.

>

> Even with all that Scrapper Synergy, the runeset is still not outperforming say.. Rune of Speed, Leadership, Eagle, etc. by a noticeable amount.. if you're gonna make accusations of bias, which obviously does exist, there's only a point if the facts do actually favor that profession

>

>

OH HO HO! How wrong you are! You just wait for my Healing Boonbeast Build! lol...

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > Shad> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > I think a lot of people are overreacting to the rework of this sigil. It essentially increases the amount of healing you gain actively (does not affect passive regen) by 20%. The rune is good on most classes and effective in many different variations of builds. It is NOT (in my opinion) overpowered.

> > > >

> > > > However, after playing ranked/unranked for several hours today, both as and against other Scourges, I've come to the conclusion that the only broken interaction the rune has is with resurrecting downed bodies. This isn't an issue with Scourge specifically, but the rune basically gives everyone a free 10% additional res speed. This, combined with other res traits/utilities means that cleaving a downed body becomes nearly impossible in a team fight when multiple people coordinate the res.

> > > >

> > > > So, my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the Sanctuary from affecting downed bodies. Everything else seems fine to me.

> > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > >

> > > > Also, it's worth noting that Scourges have stronger condi clear and easy access to might with this rune. Even then, I still don't think it's necessarily broken. Scourges still die to power damage and the condi clear is roughly as strong as Diamond Skin while Desert Shroud and Transfusion are on cooldown. You can check out my [latest broadcast on twitch](

) to see how I deal with Blood Scourges both in a mirror matchup and as a variety of other classes and builds.

> > > >

> > > > If you (Anet) were to fix this "issue," putting a .5s or 1s ICD (possibly per target) on Abrasive Grit solves the problem without any dire consequences.

> > >

> > > you keep talking, over and over again how this is solely a necro issue.....

> > > I do think it's a problem with necros...I mean, can anyone else in game rez someone in 2 secs? That isht needs to be nerfed into the ground on any class that can rezbot.

> > >

> > > But lets adress the following I pulled from another thread that addresses issues with all classes using it

> > > **This is broken because of the following.

> > > This works in downstate, meaning that the barrier is multiplied based on how many people are ressing you.

> > > So technically it's going to be near impossible to dps out a target that has this rune equipped.

> > > This also works with Signet Of Mercy, meaning that if a downed target gets ressed with Rune Of Sanc they literally get max barrier.**

> > >

> > > _Care to address that?_

> >

> > ???

> >

> > I did.

> >

> > Why would you quote my OP if you didn't even read it? lol...

>

> you didn't mention the barrier specifically.

> Where in your post did you say barrier?

> You said "my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the sanctuary from affecting downed bodies"

>

> And partially that was my mistake.

>

> But, still have a question, which your post does not answer.

>

> The Rune Description says, (6): Gain a barrier with health equal to 20% of any heals you receive.

> The heals can be from yourself, even regen.

>

> Can the person doing the rezzing get a barrier while rezzing?

>

> Do you think that would be balanced if there was an icd?

My suggestion was to prevent the 6th bonus of RoS (heal + barrier) from affecting downed bodies. Barrier cannot be applied to players in downstate anyways.

I think you misunderstand how the rune works. RoS doesn't affect passive healing at all. The 6th bonus only triggers on active healing skills. This means skills like: Rugged Growth, Adrenal Health, Healing Signet, Signet of Renewal, Regeneration (boon), etc. etc. don't give you additional healing/barrier.

However, skills such as: Troll Unguent, False Oasis, Might Makes Right + Magebane Tether, all gain additional healing/barrier from RoS.

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > Shadowpass really just cares about how it interacts with Boonbeast and Druid, both of which massively benefit from Sanctuary Runes and Boonbeast definitely doesn't need buffs right now.

> >

> > Boonbeast doesn't benefit more from Sanctuary Rune than any other profession.... um, less benefit that many classes to be honest. Everyone has their class biases but Boonbeast isn't really known for its direct heal spamming.

> >

> > I find its better for classes like Scrapper that has a +15% multiplier on incoming barriers, and a direct heal like Healing Turret, Super Elixir, and you gain 7 barrier for every single boon you apply to yourself from Compounding Chemicals. What this does it allow you to keep high uptime of Barrier so that your Grandmaster Trait that is a -20% condition damage multiplier when you have active barrier can work.

> >

> > Even with all that Scrapper Synergy, the runeset is still not outperforming say.. Rune of Speed, Leadership, Eagle, etc. by a noticeable amount.. if you're gonna make accusations of bias, which obviously does exist, there's only a point if the facts do actually favor that profession

> >

> >

>

> OH HO HO! How wrong you are! You just wait for my Healing Boonbeast Build! lol...

He's not wrong. Also, you should really do your research/test mechanics in-game before you (falsely) call people out for being incorrect.

As I mentioned above, the only meaningful interactions RoS has with boonbeast is through TU and Spiritual Reprieve. In other words, you gain an extra 1600 total healing on my healing skill (roughly equal to Rune of Water pre-patch) and 800 additional health/barrier every 40 seconds on SR.

You can stack as many sources of passive regen as you want (SoR, Rugged Growth, Regeneration, etc. etc.) but RoS won't affect them at all.

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > Shad> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > I think a lot of people are overreacting to the rework of this sigil. It essentially increases the amount of healing you gain actively (does not affect passive regen) by 20%. The rune is good on most classes and effective in many different variations of builds. It is NOT (in my opinion) overpowered.

> > > > >

> > > > > However, after playing ranked/unranked for several hours today, both as and against other Scourges, I've come to the conclusion that the only broken interaction the rune has is with resurrecting downed bodies. This isn't an issue with Scourge specifically, but the rune basically gives everyone a free 10% additional res speed. This, combined with other res traits/utilities means that cleaving a downed body becomes nearly impossible in a team fight when multiple people coordinate the res.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the Sanctuary from affecting downed bodies. Everything else seems fine to me.

> > > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, it's worth noting that Scourges have stronger condi clear and easy access to might with this rune. Even then, I still don't think it's necessarily broken. Scourges still die to power damage and the condi clear is roughly as strong as Diamond Skin while Desert Shroud and Transfusion are on cooldown. You can check out my [latest broadcast on twitch](

> > > > >

> > > > > If you (Anet) were to fix this "issue," putting a .5s or 1s ICD (possibly per target) on Abrasive Grit solves the problem without any dire consequences.

> > > >

> > > > you keep talking, over and over again how this is solely a necro issue.....

> > > > I do think it's a problem with necros...I mean, can anyone else in game rez someone in 2 secs? That isht needs to be nerfed into the ground on any class that can rezbot.

> > > >

> > > > But lets adress the following I pulled from another thread that addresses issues with all classes using it

> > > > **This is broken because of the following.

> > > > This works in downstate, meaning that the barrier is multiplied based on how many people are ressing you.

> > > > So technically it's going to be near impossible to dps out a target that has this rune equipped.

> > > > This also works with Signet Of Mercy, meaning that if a downed target gets ressed with Rune Of Sanc they literally get max barrier.**

> > > >

> > > > _Care to address that?_

> > >

> > > ???

> > >

> > > I did.

> > >

> > > Why would you quote my OP if you didn't even read it? lol...

> >

> > you didn't mention the barrier specifically.

> > Where in your post did you say barrier?

> > You said "my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the sanctuary from affecting downed bodies"

> >

> > And partially that was my mistake.

> >

> > But, still have a question, which your post does not answer.

> >

> > The Rune Description says, (6): Gain a barrier with health equal to 20% of any heals you receive.

> > The heals can be from yourself, even regen.

> >

> > Can the person doing the rezzing get a barrier while rezzing?

> >

> > Do you think that would be balanced if there was an icd?

>

> My suggestion was to prevent the 6th bonus of RoS (heal + barrier) from affecting downed bodies. Barrier cannot be applied to players in downstate anyways.

>

> I think you misunderstand how the rune works. RoS doesn't affect passive healing at all. The 6th bonus only triggers on active healing skills. This means skills like: Rugged Growth, Adrenal Health, Healing Signet, Signet of Renewal, Regeneration (boon), etc. etc. don't give you additional healing/barrier.

>

> However, skills such as: Troll Unguent, False Oasis, Might Makes Right + Magebane Tether, all gain additional healing/barrier from RoS.

>

> > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > Shadowpass really just cares about how it interacts with Boonbeast and Druid, both of which massively benefit from Sanctuary Runes and Boonbeast definitely doesn't need buffs right now.

> > >

> > > Boonbeast doesn't benefit more from Sanctuary Rune than any other profession.... um, less benefit that many classes to be honest. Everyone has their class biases but Boonbeast isn't really known for its direct heal spamming.

> > >

> > > I find its better for classes like Scrapper that has a +15% multiplier on incoming barriers, and a direct heal like Healing Turret, Super Elixir, and you gain 7 barrier for every single boon you apply to yourself from Compounding Chemicals. What this does it allow you to keep high uptime of Barrier so that your Grandmaster Trait that is a -20% condition damage multiplier when you have active barrier can work.

> > >

> > > Even with all that Scrapper Synergy, the runeset is still not outperforming say.. Rune of Speed, Leadership, Eagle, etc. by a noticeable amount.. if you're gonna make accusations of bias, which obviously does exist, there's only a point if the facts do actually favor that profession

> > >

> > >

> >

> > OH HO HO! How wrong you are! You just wait for my Healing Boonbeast Build! lol...

>

> He's not wrong. Also, you should really do your research/test mechanics in game before you (falsely) call people out for being incorrect.

>

> As I mentioned above, the only meaningful interactions RoS has with boonbeast is through TU and Spiritual Reprieve. In other words, you gain an extra 1600 total healing on my healing skill (roughly equal to Rune of Water pre-patch) and 800 additional health/barrier every 40 seconds on SR.

>

> You can stack as many sources of passive regen as you want (SoR, Rugged Growth, Regeneration, etc. etc.) but RoS won't affect them at all.

I did misunderstand how it worked. I think someone claimed regen triggered it.

I took there word for it.

Alright, thanks.

And yeah I was totally joking about the boonbeast build because that would be...ridiculous :p hehe

But, in all seriousness, I have a friend who messes around with a healing boonbeast in WvW just for siths and giggles..can pull off some ridiculous single heals

/cheers

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > > Shad> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > I think a lot of people are overreacting to the rework of this sigil. It essentially increases the amount of healing you gain actively (does not affect passive regen) by 20%. The rune is good on most classes and effective in many different variations of builds. It is NOT (in my opinion) overpowered.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However, after playing ranked/unranked for several hours today, both as and against other Scourges, I've come to the conclusion that the only broken interaction the rune has is with resurrecting downed bodies. This isn't an issue with Scourge specifically, but the rune basically gives everyone a free 10% additional res speed. This, combined with other res traits/utilities means that cleaving a downed body becomes nearly impossible in a team fight when multiple people coordinate the res.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the Sanctuary from affecting downed bodies. Everything else seems fine to me.

> > > > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, it's worth noting that Scourges have stronger condi clear and easy access to might with this rune. Even then, I still don't think it's necessarily broken. Scourges still die to power damage and the condi clear is roughly as strong as Diamond Skin while Desert Shroud and Transfusion are on cooldown. You can check out my [latest broadcast on twitch](

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you (Anet) were to fix this "issue," putting a .5s or 1s ICD (possibly per target) on Abrasive Grit solves the problem without any dire consequences.

> > > > >

> > > > > you keep talking, over and over again how this is solely a necro issue.....

> > > > > I do think it's a problem with necros...I mean, can anyone else in game rez someone in 2 secs? That isht needs to be nerfed into the ground on any class that can rezbot.

> > > > >

> > > > > But lets adress the following I pulled from another thread that addresses issues with all classes using it

> > > > > **This is broken because of the following.

> > > > > This works in downstate, meaning that the barrier is multiplied based on how many people are ressing you.

> > > > > So technically it's going to be near impossible to dps out a target that has this rune equipped.

> > > > > This also works with Signet Of Mercy, meaning that if a downed target gets ressed with Rune Of Sanc they literally get max barrier.**

> > > > >

> > > > > _Care to address that?_

> > > >

> > > > ???

> > > >

> > > > I did.

> > > >

> > > > Why would you quote my OP if you didn't even read it? lol...

> > >

> > > you didn't mention the barrier specifically.

> > > Where in your post did you say barrier?

> > > You said "my suggestion is to prevent Rune of the sanctuary from affecting downed bodies"

> > >

> > > And partially that was my mistake.

> > >

> > > But, still have a question, which your post does not answer.

> > >

> > > The Rune Description says, (6): Gain a barrier with health equal to 20% of any heals you receive.

> > > The heals can be from yourself, even regen.

> > >

> > > Can the person doing the rezzing get a barrier while rezzing?

> > >

> > > Do you think that would be balanced if there was an icd?

> >

> > My suggestion was to prevent the 6th bonus of RoS (heal + barrier) from affecting downed bodies. Barrier cannot be applied to players in downstate anyways.

> >

> > I think you misunderstand how the rune works. RoS doesn't affect passive healing at all. The 6th bonus only triggers on active healing skills. This means skills like: Rugged Growth, Adrenal Health, Healing Signet, Signet of Renewal, Regeneration (boon), etc. etc. don't give you additional healing/barrier.

> >

> > However, skills such as: Troll Unguent, False Oasis, Might Makes Right + Magebane Tether, all gain additional healing/barrier from RoS.

> >

> > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > Shadowpass really just cares about how it interacts with Boonbeast and Druid, both of which massively benefit from Sanctuary Runes and Boonbeast definitely doesn't need buffs right now.

> > > >

> > > > Boonbeast doesn't benefit more from Sanctuary Rune than any other profession.... um, less benefit that many classes to be honest. Everyone has their class biases but Boonbeast isn't really known for its direct heal spamming.

> > > >

> > > > I find its better for classes like Scrapper that has a +15% multiplier on incoming barriers, and a direct heal like Healing Turret, Super Elixir, and you gain 7 barrier for every single boon you apply to yourself from Compounding Chemicals. What this does it allow you to keep high uptime of Barrier so that your Grandmaster Trait that is a -20% condition damage multiplier when you have active barrier can work.

> > > >

> > > > Even with all that Scrapper Synergy, the runeset is still not outperforming say.. Rune of Speed, Leadership, Eagle, etc. by a noticeable amount.. if you're gonna make accusations of bias, which obviously does exist, there's only a point if the facts do actually favor that profession

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > OH HO HO! How wrong you are! You just wait for my Healing Boonbeast Build! lol...

> >

> > He's not wrong. Also, you should really do your research/test mechanics in game before you (falsely) call people out for being incorrect.

> >

> > As I mentioned above, the only meaningful interactions RoS has with boonbeast is through TU and Spiritual Reprieve. In other words, you gain an extra 1600 total healing on my healing skill (roughly equal to Rune of Water pre-patch) and 800 additional health/barrier every 40 seconds on SR.

> >

> > You can stack as many sources of passive regen as you want (SoR, Rugged Growth, Regeneration, etc. etc.) but RoS won't affect them at all.

>

> I did misunderstand how it worked. I think someone claimed regen triggered it.

> I took there word for it.

>

> Alright, thanks.

>

> And yeah I was totally joking about the boonbeast build because that would be...ridiculous :p hehe

> But, in all seriousness, I have a friend who messes around with a healing boonbeast in WvW just for siths and giggles..can pull off some ridiculous single heals

>

> /cheers

Yup, you're welcome. o7

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > > @"Mighty Assasin.3816" said:

> > > > > solid troll 10/10

> > > > Pretty much

> > > > How to balance sanctuary runes : shift+delete

> > > > For unknown reasons pack runes were butchered out of PvP . I dont see any reason to let this rune survive

> > >

> > > For the past few years if you suggest any rune other than pack for power damage all the top players come rushing in to tell you why pack is better... It would appear that they accidentally nerfed themselves on this one lol

> > >

> > > They buffed my infiltration runes im obsessed with on most builds but removed my passive stealth and target break ?

> > Aaaaaaand how does it change things? Now scholar is bandwagon rune for power specs(that want to do damage) with more consistent bonus as ferocity. There wasnt even choices and still I dont see too many options

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > >

> > > scholar is better.

> > >

> > > if they rush, ignore. they have no brain

> > If they like pack more then they have no brain ? Its safe to say everyone who think scholar is better have no brain

> > >! If ppl ask for thief buff they have no brain either. ;)

>

> Infiltration is a good choice ?

in terms of damage, scholar is better. from the front side or the back.

The rune essentially increases incoming heals by 20%, except it converts that 20% into barrier.

It's the barrier part that is the problem - if it was just 20% extra healing, it would have zero interaction with scourge's minor trait. While I like that an armor rune could have such interesting interaction with a trait, I don't see how else to tone it down without unnecessarily nerfing something else. Set it to 20% increased incoming healing and barrier and call it a day?

> As I said, "I think a lot of people are overreacting to the rework of this sigil."

>

> Put a 1s ICD on Abrasive Grit + prevent the rune from affecting downed players. This stops Blood Scourge from stacking 25 might and cuts the condition clear down to 1 per second max (similar to diamond skin). It also slows res speeds to more manageable numbers and prevents people from getting max barrier after getting picked up.

While I'd like to support this idea instead of flat out nerfing the rune, that's still a bit strong. you can basically still remove 1 condition with every hit you do. Diamond Skin requires you to get hit to remove conditions while being above the health threshold 75%. Sanctuary needs to not proc off Lifesteal, downed state heals, that's all.

There is a lot of theorycrafting here, but I find it hard to believe Anet didn't test these rune changes. Otherwise, why would they change them? It would actually be shocking unless they have nobody internally familiar with Scourge and the Abrasive Grit trait.

Do we have actual videos yet of this rune being OP in duels or sPvP? It's hard to theorycraft a precise fix without some semblance of how severe the problem is. Most people think Elusive Mind is OP...certain burst from Soul Beast, Deadeye, Guardian, Holo, and Mesmer can be OP...Certain CC trains can be OP....some professions can be unhittable/invuln for many seconds straight. We have to see things in action and benchmark it to other things before crafting an exact solution.

Some people may be right with their proposed solutions, but let's see it in some duels and PVP to find out exactly how severe it is. It could be something as simple as an ICD on a trait that needs adjusting.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > > > @"Mighty Assasin.3816" said:

> > > > > > solid troll 10/10

> > > > > Pretty much

> > > > > How to balance sanctuary runes : shift+delete

> > > > > For unknown reasons pack runes were butchered out of PvP . I dont see any reason to let this rune survive

> > > >

> > > > For the past few years if you suggest any rune other than pack for power damage all the top players come rushing in to tell you why pack is better... It would appear that they accidentally nerfed themselves on this one lol

> > > >

> > > > They buffed my infiltration runes im obsessed with on most builds but removed my passive stealth and target break ?

> > > Aaaaaaand how does it change things? Now scholar is bandwagon rune for power specs(that want to do damage) with more consistent bonus as ferocity. There wasnt even choices and still I dont see too many options

> > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > >

> > > > scholar is better.

> > > >

> > > > if they rush, ignore. they have no brain

> > > If they like pack more then they have no brain ? Its safe to say everyone who think scholar is better have no brain

> > > >! If ppl ask for thief buff they have no brain either. ;)

> >

> > Infiltration is a good choice ?

>

>

> in terms of damage, scholar is better. from the front side or the back.

>

>

>

>

>

>

I bet you like it from the back too hehe

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mighty Assasin.3816" said:

> > > > > > > solid troll 10/10

> > > > > > Pretty much

> > > > > > How to balance sanctuary runes : shift+delete

> > > > > > For unknown reasons pack runes were butchered out of PvP . I dont see any reason to let this rune survive

> > > > >

> > > > > For the past few years if you suggest any rune other than pack for power damage all the top players come rushing in to tell you why pack is better... It would appear that they accidentally nerfed themselves on this one lol

> > > > >

> > > > > They buffed my infiltration runes im obsessed with on most builds but removed my passive stealth and target break ?

> > > > Aaaaaaand how does it change things? Now scholar is bandwagon rune for power specs(that want to do damage) with more consistent bonus as ferocity. There wasnt even choices and still I dont see too many options

> > > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > scholar is better.

> > > > >

> > > > > if they rush, ignore. they have no brain

> > > > If they like pack more then they have no brain ? Its safe to say everyone who think scholar is better have no brain

> > > > >! If ppl ask for thief buff they have no brain either. ;)

> > >

> > > Infiltration is a good choice ?

> >

> >

> > in terms of damage, scholar is better. from the front side or the back.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I bet you like it from the back too hehe

>

Bazinga

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > **Bug Fixes:**

> > - Abrasive Grit: This trait now has a 5-second cooldown, and the might it grants has been increased from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 3 stacks for 8 seconds.

>

> Thanks Anet. ^^

Did this really make things okay now?

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > **Bug Fixes:**

> > > - Abrasive Grit: This trait now has a 5-second cooldown, and the might it grants has been increased from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 3 stacks for 8 seconds.

> >

> > Thanks Anet. ^^

>

> Did this really make things okay now?

Well, no, they could have nerfed the fucking rune, not the scourge trait.

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > **Bug Fixes:**

> > - Abrasive Grit: This trait now has a 5-second cooldown, and the might it grants has been increased from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 3 stacks for 8 seconds.

>

> Thanks Anet. ^^

This change was stupid as was your recommendation of it. Scourges do not need an additional 20% extra healing for free with zero stat investment from their pocket firebrands. That's literally the last thing this game needs nor do they need free passive condition cleansing.

This whole thing is fucking stupid.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > **Bug Fixes:**

> > > - Abrasive Grit: This trait now has a 5-second cooldown, and the might it grants has been increased from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 3 stacks for 8 seconds.

> >

> > Thanks Anet. ^^

>

> Did this really make things okay now?

Yeah it's fine now. They have good sustain still against sustained pressure but their might stacking and condi clear are a lot lower and they still die to power bursts very easily. Good fix. ^^