• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"miriforst.1290" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > Mesmer and Engi got removed from the WvW Meta.

> > > >

> > > > Nice patch indeed.

> > > >

> > > > Its even more scourge + Firebrand only.

> > > >

> > > > Awesome

> > > >

> > >

> > > Did Scrapper get nerfed that bad? Apologize for ignorance, I don't play Scrapper, but their superspeed is oh so nice.

> >

> > Super speed fields got removed. We got a nice 10% extra damage while we are under stability though which I'm sure the 0.5 scrappers in raids love.

>

> So ANET basically pulled a "Hey Scrappers you are now actually wanted in WVW, annnnddddd it's gone"

This.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"miriforst.1290" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > Mesmer and Engi got removed from the WvW Meta.

> > > >

> > > > Nice patch indeed.

> > > >

> > > > Its even more scourge + Firebrand only.

> > > >

> > > > Awesome

> > > >

> > >

> > > Did Scrapper get nerfed that bad? Apologize for ignorance, I don't play Scrapper, but their superspeed is oh so nice.

> >

> > Super speed fields got removed. We got a nice 10% extra damage while we are under stability though which I'm sure the 0.5 scrappers in raids love.

>

> So ANET basically pulled a "Hey Scrappers you are now actually wanted in WVW, annnnddddd it's gone"

Someone still got a hate kitten from our days of soloing 3+ players at ease. So if we turn up as effective in any way we gotta be taught a lesson. Lets call it a "buff" though.

Oh well cant wait 6 month for the next balance patch.

> @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> The issue isn't that they nerfed the chronomancer. The issue is that they nerfed it before creating viable alternatives.

That's because they never wanted to create viable alternatives. All those people thinking how they are going to fill chrono shoes soon ("just one nerf more"), are in for a big surprise.

> @"syszery.1592" said:

> Last weekend I was thinking of gearing a chrono for Raid (and maybe also for wvw). Thank god I am not very spontaneous =)

You're lucky. I blew over 70g on the two sigils of concentration alone and now they are worth 3g. Fantastic Anet. Thanks for that.

Serious answer: We have to.

There is nothing players can do or say which will revert the decision and direction Arenanet has taken.

Their data on raid completion, class activity, player activity and such will determinate their future actions. They've already announced future changes and disruptions (which I credit them for since this at least gives players some warning not to get to attached or invested into their current builds).

What we can hope for though is eventually down the road a sort of roadmap which they start following to prevent such major disruptions. Be it a stricter meta and more designated roles, specialized tanks or healers, I don't care personally. A full reshuffle of the, granted niche, group content will be unhealthy to the game if done to often.

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> Can we just accept.changes and move on ... So much negativity about balance patch

So we should be happy about our favorite builds getting run into the ground for often times no apparent reason? The gameplay is a big part why people enjoy a game to begin with and the whole point of these changes is to screw with the gameplay so of course people are going to be negative about it if one of these changes affects their gameplay experience in a negative way.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > Can we just accept.changes and move on ... So much negativity about balance patch

>

> So we should be happy about our favorite builds getting run into the ground for often times no apparent reason? The gameplay is a big part why people enjoy a game to begin with and the whole point of these changes is to screw with the gameplay so of course people are going to be negative about it if one of these changes affects their gameplay experience in a negative way.

It happends sad as its all builds will get this sooner or later

GW1 was never balanced GW2 will never be balanced, ANET shifts metas that's what they do. Its just bad in gw2 because gw1 had a skill point system where gear stats didn't matter a lot. I'd rather have a point system instead of stats tied to gear. say put 20 points in power 20 in precision and 20 in ferocity that equals beserker stats. Then you can take some points out put them in what ever stat combo you want. Integrate build templates much easier as well.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Their data on raid completion, class activity, player activity and such will determinate their future actions. They've already announced future changes and disruptions (which I credit them for since this at least gives players some warning not to get to attached or invested into their current builds).

Looking at this and previous changes they "balance" game based only on raiding tournaments and SC videos.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > Can we just accept.changes and move on ... So much negativity about balance patch

>

> So we should be happy about our favorite builds getting run into the ground for often times no apparent reason?

No apparent reason? In no other MMO is one single spec the only tank, while also being the best support (and by a large margin). It was very weird. Granted, Anet should not have let it get so out of control and let it continue for so long, but there is a very, very clear reason why Chrono was nerfed.

> @"SierraRei.8526" said:

> Same goes for fractals, where chrono's spot is still uncontested but now they have half the CC, playing them is more of a chore, and missing a well can be a death sentence for your DPS.

If your DPS doesn't have 100% uptime on quickness/alactrity, it "can be a death sentence"? -- what game are you playing?

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > Can we just accept.changes and move on ... So much negativity about balance patch

> >

> > So we should be happy about our favorite builds getting run into the ground for often times no apparent reason?

>

> No apparent reason? In no other MMO is one single spec the only tank, while also being the best support (and by a large margin). It was very weird. Granted, Anet should not have let it get so out of control and let it continue for so long, but there is a very, very clear reason why Chrono was nerfed.

I was talking about these patches in general (hence the "often times").

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> > The issue isn't that they nerfed the chronomancer. The issue is that they nerfed it before creating viable alternatives.

> That's because they never wanted to create viable alternatives. All those people thinking how they are going to fill chrono shoes soon ("just one nerf more"), are in for a big surprise.

>

Agreed. The intent seems to be to parcel desirable support among different professions. So, instead of Chron/Druid and DPS, they envision a bigger spread of support across more professions. What I think is likely to happen as a result is that meta will become Chrono (for quickness/alacrity); whatever provides the best might; the best fury uptime, and a Guardian if Stab/Aegis/Protection are deemed necessary; plus DPS). If meta is being enforced in 5-person groups, that could mean 1 slot for the other professions -- which would not be a positive change, imo. Raid groups might also be more restrictive.

Maybe ANet will surprise me pleasantly and that won't happen, but they don't do that very often.

... No, because some forum goers have the maturity and foresight of a five year old; they think that THEY are right, that they know what's best because THEY PLAY THE GAME, goddamn it, and they apparently can't adapt to change. You say you spent money on equipment and you're fucking pissed. Well, get over it? I mean it's your fault that you're following a meta and can't think for yourselves. Deal with it or get out. I'm sorry, but listening to you people crying like a bunch of babies without a tit rubs me the wrong way, after awhile. You're adults, act like it.

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > Can we just accept.changes and move on ... So much negativity about balance patch

> >

> > So we should be happy about our favorite builds getting run into the ground for often times no apparent reason?

>

> No apparent reason? In no other MMO is one single spec the only tank, while also being the best support (and by a large margin). It was very weird. Granted, Anet should not have let it get so out of control and let it continue for so long, but there is a very, very clear reason why Chrono was nerfed.

>

>

So what buff did they recieve to balance all the nerfs mesmers got?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > Can we just accept.changes and move on ... So much negativity about balance patch

> > >

> > > So we should be happy about our favorite builds getting run into the ground for often times no apparent reason?

> >

> > No apparent reason? In no other MMO is one single spec the only tank, while also being the best support (and by a large margin). It was very weird. Granted, Anet should not have let it get so out of control and let it continue for so long, but there is a very, very clear reason why Chrono was nerfed.

> >

> >

>

> So what buff did they recieve to balance all the nerfs mesmers got?

What buff did who receive? Mesmers? The purpose of nerfing the god class is to make it less godly.