Most absurd thing you heard in game...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"particlepinata.9865" said:

> Queensdale map chat is standard annoying, so i mostly turn of chat when there. Don't know what it is over there, but its not as frequent in other areas/maps.

It's the human initial area, so it's most likely more crowded by new players and idiots alike.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> "The name of your pet offends me."

Tbh, I've seen some rangers with very offensive pet names (Like this one with a Black Bear which the name was a derivate of the N word). But I'm assuming the pet in question problably only had a dumb name?

Old but gold:

"Game is supposed to be played how you want, so I can join any group I want, with any build I want, and nobody should be able to do anything about it"

The common argument of the entitled people that don't understand what "play how you want" actually means.

And rather "recent" one, at least I haven't read this nonsense in the past:

"Disable kicking from party/squad once you enter an instance"

> @"Hugheszie.6291" said:

> Two people fighting in WVW (because thats what you're supposed to do) I run up, nuke the guy on the other team and my team mate says "Why'd you do that Assh***?"

>

> =)

They were dueling... I had the exact same thing happen to me once, got called an assh***, too.

Someone once told me (in the Labyrinth of course) that not only are rangers the only profession with knockback skills but that _all_ ranger weapons _and_ all pets cause knockback and there is nothing the ranger can do to prevent it.

Thankfully other people confirmed that a ranger using sword/torch and axe/torch cannot cause knockback (this was before HoT so no Glyph of Tides) and then a mesmer owned up to never having read the description for Illusionary Wave and promised to stop using it and even though the guy still insisted rangers constantly knockback enemies all the time the problem mysteriously stopped.

I've heard great many absurd things...

"Leveling elite specs/masteries is too hard"

"Mouth of Zhaitan is impossible, I need help"

"Help me powerlevel"

"reaper is a bad spec for open world/fractals"

"Ranger players have no skill" (depends how you play your ranger... not all of us are bearbow and not all of us have our pet tank mobs)

> @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> "Ranger players have no skill" (depends how you play your ranger... not all of us are bearbow and not all of us have our pet tank mobs)

Someone once told me rangers don't have a learning curve, they have a cliff. Most professions you can work out gradually but rangers are either really easy or very difficult.

I'm not entirely sure that's true, I feel like it's just a matter of being willing to try different weapons and pets which isn't really any different from most professions. But I like the description of a learning cliff anyway, and I can think of some games where it's definitely appropriate.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > "Ranger players have no skill" (depends how you play your ranger... not all of us are bearbow and not all of us have our pet tank mobs)

>

> Someone once told me rangers don't have a learning curve, they have a cliff. Most professions you can work out gradually but rangers are either really easy or very difficult.

>

> I'm not entirely sure that's true, I feel like it's just a matter of being willing to try different weapons and pets which isn't really any different from most professions. But I like the description of a learning cliff anyway, and I can think of some games where it's definitely appropriate.

For a learning 'cliff', I offer up EVE Online. For the thread, I offer up "HoT/PoF is too hard."

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > "Ranger players have no skill" (depends how you play your ranger... not all of us are bearbow and not all of us have our pet tank mobs)

>

> Someone once told me rangers don't have a learning curve, they have a cliff. Most professions you can work out gradually but rangers are either really easy or very difficult.

>

> I'm not entirely sure that's true, I feel like it's just a matter of being willing to try different weapons and pets which isn't really any different from most professions. But I like the description of a learning cliff anyway, and I can think of some games where it's definitely appropriate.

To be fair I don't think ranger has that bad learning curve, but things like pulling power soulbeast off properly is not the simplest thing on the planet to play, despite condi soulbeast and druid being rather simple.

And a lot of people do seem to think that ranger mains are not capable of being skilled in endgame content. Ranger was my first character and it does not stop me from being skilled on other classes.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Someone once told me (in the Labyrinth of course) that not only are rangers the only profession with knockback skills but that _all_ ranger weapons _and_ all pets cause knockback and there is nothing the ranger can do to prevent it.

But of course a flamethrower Engi would *never* spam knockbacks while I'm trying to greatsword at things!

Primary offender is still bearbow. If I'm in open world and someone baps a critter away from me, I just walk away and let them have it. -_-

"Don't use chilling reaper in group content. It makes everyone slower."

Not sure what (s)he meant with that but it sounded odd.

And something that sounded odd to me but not sure if it it. A warning from a complete stranger (more like a rude threat) to change my hunter pets name or they would report me for breaking name policies and get me banned. The pet is the pink moa bird I named "Floyd". (Yes pun intended.) Haven't really dared use the name anymore just to be sure, which is a pity.

I can't reiterate the stuff I see in the game at times but there have been many cases where I'm chilling in a town and the Chat is just full of the most random, crazy and often hilarious nonsense I've ever read XD

God bless those with warped and creative minds because you really do amuse the hell out of me at times XD

It's always a good laugh when the chat goes randomly nuts like that lol