Aoe carpets

Psycoprophet.8107

I wasn’t complaining due to constant deaths from the aoe’s as there easy to avoid,usually I’m just watching from sidelines as the circles just spread and it’s a battle of aoe’s and who can spam the most wins,fun battles lol only time the combats fun is after the battle and the spread out heading to next base. Was just stating battles would be more enjoyable if there was less aoe’s

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > this isn't twitter

> >

> > Similar levels of impact on the outside world

> >

> >

>

> Definitely. I just find it hilarious that the OP splits his post into three unnecessarily while complaining about spam.

This comment :)

For once i have to agree with this guy, the amount of pirateshipping thats goimg on is simply boring as hell. Id be for lowering aoe cap from 5 to 3 players hit, or that a play can only get hit once every 0.25 seconds when in the periphery of several other players (which would probably be harder than lowering aoe cap)

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Aoe carpets are ruining wvw. No wonder the population has dropped and is dropping further

Its a game ment for casuals and scrubs... they would have to lear to play well if game wasnt about that...

If ur looking for a decent and skilled RvR type game, gw2 isnt one of them.

For some reason Anet pairs in a match and lins servers that play at diferent time so each one can ktrain on its time zone.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

> >

> > Use to gain an edge over the 90% of players that don't know about this secret technique.

>

> What happens next will shock you!

> (you can actually survive)

Nice! which class does a 30 ft dodge roll lol cuz most carpet bombing spreads faster and a further distance than any roll. Maybe we’re playing a different game?

Dont worry, 80% of the people visiting these forums havent even experienced melee meta. They dont know nothing about how good WvW used to be when you actually had the ability to swing a melee weapon in blob fights and didnt die in 2 seconds during engaging. So its only natural that a ton in here are protecting pirateship meta (thats the only experience they got in WvW).

Pretty sad cause a massive majority of WvW hates being a pirate and the ones who love it are the minority who visit this forum.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

> > >

> > > Use to gain an edge over the 90% of players that don't know about this secret technique.

> >

> > What happens next will shock you!

> > (you can actually survive)

>

> Nice! which class does a 30 ft dodge roll lol cuz most carpet bombing spreads faster and a further distance than any roll. Maybe we’re playing a different game?

Or maybe you're tunnel visioned? You have 360º to dodge.

Seriously, i'm no genius, nor an expert on wvw, but i'm learning too much from my guildies and that's how i finally could enjoy wvw.

Some tips i remember from my mind, atm:

- Double dodging is counter intuitive on most game modes, but can be a life saver in wvw

- If you're in range of the enemy zerg make sure you have stability (yell at your guardians)

- Running straight lines while fighting is death sentence, strafe and counter-bomb or run

- Have a teleport skill on your utility bar (to quickly get out of stunlocks/ bombs if you fuck up)

I remember how frustrating was to die and getting yelled because i fucked up my positioning on guild wvw raid, and this, playing as scrapper or firebrand. Now, after 4 months of, at least, 4 hours daily on wvw i'm playing a zerker weaver most of the time, dying WAY less. And i'm doing this because now i understand how positioning is important on this game-mode (particularly on zerg fights) and i want to practice it (ok, i'm playing weaver because it's fun to turn the tide of a battle with one well placed meteor).

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

> > > >

> > > > Use to gain an edge over the 90% of players that don't know about this secret technique.

> > >

> > > What happens next will shock you!

> > > (you can actually survive)

> >

> > Nice! which class does a 30 ft dodge roll lol cuz most carpet bombing spreads faster and a further distance than any roll. Maybe we’re playing a different game?

>

> Or maybe you're tunnel visioned? You have 360º to dodge.

> Seriously, i'm no genius, nor an expert on wvw, but i'm learning too much from my guildies and that's how i finally could enjoy wvw.

> Some tips i remember from my mind, atm:

>

> - Double dodging is counter intuitive on most game modes, but can be a life saver in wvw

> - If you're in range of the enemy zerg make sure you have stability (yell at your guardians)

> - Running straight lines while fighting is death sentence, strafe and counter-bomb or run

> - Have a teleport skill on your utility bar (to quickly get out of stunlocks/ bombs if you kitten up)

>

> I remember how frustrating was to die and getting yelled because i kitten up my positioning on guild wvw raid, and this, playing as scrapper or firebrand. Now, after 4 months of, at least, 4 hours daily on wvw i'm playing a zerker weaver most of the time, dying WAY less. And i'm doing this because now i understand how positioning is important on this game-mode (particularly on zerg fights) and i want to practice it (ok, i'm playing weaver because it's fun to turn the tide of a battle with one well placed meteor).

>

Yea ofc you like the meta now, shipping away with your long kitten range, go back to melee and die out of boredom

Ppl hating on the old pre hot melee meta just didnt know how to play against it as caster.

Just spread your caster out into a clud and rain down hell from all sides onto the enemy meleetrain.

You know what tgis also did? Yes, making classes like thief or mesmer not obsolete, because they were used to try to counter the clouding, with picking off enemy caster which then had their own group of thiefs/mesmer to fight those.

All the caster that played back then and defend the pirateshipping are just too lazy or were too bad to effectively play in a cloud to stop a meleeheavy enemy zerg

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

> > > > >

> > > > > Use to gain an edge over the 90% of players that don't know about this secret technique.

> > > >

> > > > What happens next will shock you!

> > > > (you can actually survive)

> > >

> > > Nice! which class does a 30 ft dodge roll lol cuz most carpet bombing spreads faster and a further distance than any roll. Maybe we’re playing a different game?

> >

> > Or maybe you're tunnel visioned? You have 360º to dodge.

> > Seriously, i'm no genius, nor an expert on wvw, but i'm learning too much from my guildies and that's how i finally could enjoy wvw.

> > Some tips i remember from my mind, atm:

> >

> > - Double dodging is counter intuitive on most game modes, but can be a life saver in wvw

> > - If you're in range of the enemy zerg make sure you have stability (yell at your guardians)

> > - Running straight lines while fighting is death sentence, strafe and counter-bomb or run

> > - Have a teleport skill on your utility bar (to quickly get out of stunlocks/ bombs if you kitten up)

> >

> > I remember how frustrating was to die and getting yelled because i kitten up my positioning on guild wvw raid, and this, playing as scrapper or firebrand. Now, after 4 months of, at least, 4 hours daily on wvw i'm playing a zerker weaver most of the time, dying WAY less. And i'm doing this because now i understand how positioning is important on this game-mode (particularly on zerg fights) and i want to practice it (ok, i'm playing weaver because it's fun to turn the tide of a battle with one well placed meteor).

> >

>

> Yea ofc you like the meta now, shipping away with your long kitten range, go back to melee and die out of boredom

>

> Ppl hating on the old pre hot melee meta just didnt know how to play against it as caster.

> Just spread your caster out into a clud and rain down hell from all sides onto the enemy meleetrain.

> You know what tgis also did? Yes, making classes like thief or mesmer not obsolete, because they were used to try to counter the clouding, with picking off enemy caster which then had their own group of thiefs/mesmer to fight those.

>

> All the caster that played back then and defend the pirateshipping are just too lazy or were too bad to effectively play in a cloud to stop a meleeheavy enemy zerg

I play Firebrand, Scourge, Scrapper, Revenant AND Weaver (still gearing other specs). I don't have problems at all playing Firebrand really agressive, i enjoy it. Working as a team, receiving superspeed on pushes, providing stability, rolling behind to keep the backline safe, etc. It's just a different kind of fun. I am not "a caster", i don't have a main, i enjoy experiencing and understanding most of the specs. It helps on improving my skills as whole.

Other than that, what makes you think clouding the casters isn't a good option on today's meta? Play a full zerker weaver and try to push with the frontline, then you come here again and talk about your experience.

If i'm playing weaver against a guild zerg (not PUGs) there's ALWAYS a thief or a soulbeast that will target me all the time after ONE good offensive damage delivering. Then i have to play a lot safer, and yes, it becomes boring for some time because i can't use the full potential of the spec i'm playing (cheers to the enemy, bro, we have our thief or soulbeast too and they're there to do EXACTLY this). But no worries, i just try to find that window when i'm not attracting much attention to spike again.

Stop being entitled at the point you think people who don't have the same taste, or is close-minded like you, is bad or lazy.

EDIT: You don't have a clue what you're saying here: "...go back to melee and die out of boredom". Playing Firebrand, Scourge or Scrapper delivers A LOT more action than Weaver.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Use to gain an edge over the 90% of players that don't know about this secret technique.

> > > > >

> > > > > What happens next will shock you!

> > > > > (you can actually survive)

> > > >

> > > > Nice! which class does a 30 ft dodge roll lol cuz most carpet bombing spreads faster and a further distance than any roll. Maybe we’re playing a different game?

> > >

> > > Or maybe you're tunnel visioned? You have 360º to dodge.

> > > Seriously, i'm no genius, nor an expert on wvw, but i'm learning too much from my guildies and that's how i finally could enjoy wvw.

> > > Some tips i remember from my mind, atm:

> > >

> > > - Double dodging is counter intuitive on most game modes, but can be a life saver in wvw

> > > - If you're in range of the enemy zerg make sure you have stability (yell at your guardians)

> > > - Running straight lines while fighting is death sentence, strafe and counter-bomb or run

> > > - Have a teleport skill on your utility bar (to quickly get out of stunlocks/ bombs if you kitten up)

> > >

> > > I remember how frustrating was to die and getting yelled because i kitten up my positioning on guild wvw raid, and this, playing as scrapper or firebrand. Now, after 4 months of, at least, 4 hours daily on wvw i'm playing a zerker weaver most of the time, dying WAY less. And i'm doing this because now i understand how positioning is important on this game-mode (particularly on zerg fights) and i want to practice it (ok, i'm playing weaver because it's fun to turn the tide of a battle with one well placed meteor).

> > >

> >

> > Yea ofc you like the meta now, shipping away with your long kitten range, go back to melee and die out of boredom

> >

> > Ppl hating on the old pre hot melee meta just didnt know how to play against it as caster.

> > Just spread your caster out into a clud and rain down hell from all sides onto the enemy meleetrain.

> > You know what tgis also did? Yes, making classes like thief or mesmer not obsolete, because they were used to try to counter the clouding, with picking off enemy caster which then had their own group of thiefs/mesmer to fight those.

> >

> > All the caster that played back then and defend the pirateshipping are just too lazy or were too bad to effectively play in a cloud to stop a meleeheavy enemy zerg

>

> I play Firebrand, Scourge, Scrapper, Revenant AND Weaver (still gearing other specs). I don't have problems at all playing Firebrand really agressive, i enjoy it. Working as a team, receiving superspeed on pushes, providing stability, rolling behind to keep the backline safe, etc. It's just a different kind of fun. I am not "a caster", i don't have a main, i enjoy experiencing and understanding most of the specs. It helps on improving my skills as whole.

>

> Other than that, what makes you think clouding the casters isn't a good option on today's meta? Play a full zerker weaver and try to push with the frontline, then you come here again and talk about your experience.

>

> If i'm playing weaver against a guild zerg (not PUGs) there's ALWAYS a thief or a soulbeast that will target me all the time after ONE good offensive damage delivering. Then i have to play a lot safer, and yes, it becomes boring for some time because i can't use the full potential of the spec i'm playing (cheers to the enemy, bro, we have our thief or soulbeast too and they're there to do EXACTLY this). But no worries, i just try to find that window when i'm not attracting much attention to spike again.

>

> Stop being entitled at the point you think people who don't have the same taste, or is close-minded like you, is bad or lazy.

>

> EDIT: You don't have a clue what you're saying here: "...go back to melee and die out of boredom". Playing Firebrand, Scourge or Scrapper delivers A LOT more action than Weaver.

Ive played 5 years of warrior and this meta right now is the most stale kitten ever, and did you not read? I said back then THIEFES had a place in a zerg, why are you bringing up soulbeasts, yet another pirateship class.

There are so many ppl complaining that stuff like thief is not welcomed in a zerg (and dont talk about staff thief in a public, please)

If you think you are using a cloud right now, than you never seen one back then.

Im mostly talking about public environments, ive played in enough wvw guilds to know that those have a complete different style of play than blob vs blob publics

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Use to gain an edge over the 90% of players that don't know about this secret technique.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What happens next will shock you!

> > > > > > (you can actually survive)

> > > > >

> > > > > Nice! which class does a 30 ft dodge roll lol cuz most carpet bombing spreads faster and a further distance than any roll. Maybe we’re playing a different game?

> > > >

> > > > Or maybe you're tunnel visioned? You have 360º to dodge.

> > > > Seriously, i'm no genius, nor an expert on wvw, but i'm learning too much from my guildies and that's how i finally could enjoy wvw.

> > > > Some tips i remember from my mind, atm:

> > > >

> > > > - Double dodging is counter intuitive on most game modes, but can be a life saver in wvw

> > > > - If you're in range of the enemy zerg make sure you have stability (yell at your guardians)

> > > > - Running straight lines while fighting is death sentence, strafe and counter-bomb or run

> > > > - Have a teleport skill on your utility bar (to quickly get out of stunlocks/ bombs if you kitten up)

> > > >

> > > > I remember how frustrating was to die and getting yelled because i kitten up my positioning on guild wvw raid, and this, playing as scrapper or firebrand. Now, after 4 months of, at least, 4 hours daily on wvw i'm playing a zerker weaver most of the time, dying WAY less. And i'm doing this because now i understand how positioning is important on this game-mode (particularly on zerg fights) and i want to practice it (ok, i'm playing weaver because it's fun to turn the tide of a battle with one well placed meteor).

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yea ofc you like the meta now, shipping away with your long kitten range, go back to melee and die out of boredom

> > >

> > > Ppl hating on the old pre hot melee meta just didnt know how to play against it as caster.

> > > Just spread your caster out into a clud and rain down hell from all sides onto the enemy meleetrain.

> > > You know what tgis also did? Yes, making classes like thief or mesmer not obsolete, because they were used to try to counter the clouding, with picking off enemy caster which then had their own group of thiefs/mesmer to fight those.

> > >

> > > All the caster that played back then and defend the pirateshipping are just too lazy or were too bad to effectively play in a cloud to stop a meleeheavy enemy zerg

> >

> > I play Firebrand, Scourge, Scrapper, Revenant AND Weaver (still gearing other specs). I don't have problems at all playing Firebrand really agressive, i enjoy it. Working as a team, receiving superspeed on pushes, providing stability, rolling behind to keep the backline safe, etc. It's just a different kind of fun. I am not "a caster", i don't have a main, i enjoy experiencing and understanding most of the specs. It helps on improving my skills as whole.

> >

> > Other than that, what makes you think clouding the casters isn't a good option on today's meta? Play a full zerker weaver and try to push with the frontline, then you come here again and talk about your experience.

> >

> > If i'm playing weaver against a guild zerg (not PUGs) there's ALWAYS a thief or a soulbeast that will target me all the time after ONE good offensive damage delivering. Then i have to play a lot safer, and yes, it becomes boring for some time because i can't use the full potential of the spec i'm playing (cheers to the enemy, bro, we have our thief or soulbeast too and they're there to do EXACTLY this). But no worries, i just try to find that window when i'm not attracting much attention to spike again.

> >

> > Stop being entitled at the point you think people who don't have the same taste, or is close-minded like you, is bad or lazy.

> >

> > EDIT: You don't have a clue what you're saying here: "...go back to melee and die out of boredom". Playing Firebrand, Scourge or Scrapper delivers A LOT more action than Weaver.

>

> Ive played 5 years of warrior and this meta right now is the most stale kitten ever, and did you not read? I said back then THIEFES had a place in a zerg, why are you bringing up soulbeasts, yet another pirateship class.

*You played 5 years of one spec and this meta isn't pleasing to you (fixed for ya).

I'm just showing you that classes like Rangers, that were useless, also have a spot on zergs now (since your original point was "this meta made 2 classes useless", wich is clearly a falacy too). I even pointed out thieves sided by Rangers, but you prefer to ignore that to """"prove your point""""".

> There are so many ppl complaining that stuff like thief is not welcomed in a zerg (and dont talk about staff thief in a public, please)

There are a lot more thieves, soulbeasts and mesmers (running non-zerg builds) on public groups than it has on guild zergs, where they obviously have limited space on the comp.

> If you think you are using a cloud right now, than you never seen one back then.

The "back in the old times, times that only me and those who agree with me lived" argument again...

> Im mostly talking about public environments, ive played in enough wvw guilds to know that those have a complete different style of play than blob vs blob publics

>

Thanks for sharing the info that you are "talking mostly about public environments" now. It makes all your statements even clueless.