• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > And I shall say no more

>

> This seems like you're hinting at something...

>

> I have my own theory...

> >! Aurene ate Joko right? And probably absorbed his magic... and Joko kept coming back to life... maybe Aurene can do the same? I'm hoping so badly xD

Many people have already suggested this. It's possible they will go that way. You never know though, especially after this.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> She's not dead, that thing at the end must be a crystal copy, the real Aurene must be escaped somewhere or flew inside Kralk's body to find Blish, right Anet? RIGHT?

> *crying*

She is dead... :'( Caithe lost the connection... Aurene died...

> @"MHaastrup.6978" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > And I shall say no more

> >

> > This seems like you're hinting at something...

> >

> > I have my own theory...

> > >! Aurene ate Joko right? And probably absorbed his magic... and Joko kept coming back to life... maybe Aurene can do the same? I'm hoping so badly xD

>

> Many people have already suggested this. It's possible they will go that way. You never know though, especially after this.

That would be too obvious and cheap.... although likely I guess...

Let us grieve now...

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > She's not dead, that thing at the end must be a crystal copy, the real Aurene must be escaped somewhere or flew inside Kralk's body to find Blish, right Anet? RIGHT?

> > *crying*

>

> She is dead... :'( Caithe lost the connection... Aurene died...

Well... so did the Commander, and look how little that did to stop us.

She's been detrimental to the direction of the plot in my opinion. I'm very glad she's gone (after a lacklustre episode I actually thumbs'ed up this "twist") since I've heavily disliked her and the use of her since her introduction. Sadly though, it is unlikely to be the last of her since Glint's side discussion is almost certainly linked into her death and we already know from our PoF story that death is meaningless and cheap in the GW2 Universe now.

_"We are in the Endgame now"...._

> @"whitenoize.5106" said:

> BUT now that my poor aurene has passed. We get to go to cantha find a child of kuunavang and kill kralk dead. And kurzick vs luxons "Alliance" battles.

Sadly there are no more kurzick and luxons...lore between 1 and 2 had them forced into the dragon empire around the time the tengu left cantha…

Permanent death in GW lore has never made much sense even when Rurik and Togo died in gw1...We die repeatedly and show up at a shrine to one of the 5, yet they and others die for good? Now theres no rez shrines but we still keep coming back (abet from downed not dead) at the nearest waypoint so the gods got replaced by asura science...Then Balth kills us for real some how and we still don't stay dead...While I don't like the use of killing aurene to pull at our hearts; with the state of things at this time yeh its highly unlikely that she'll stay dead...either we do something in the mists...or aurene's use of balths and jokos powers allow her to return or w/e other angle anet plays death has very little meaning at this point as others have said....on another note...Kuunavang is not an elder dragon that we know of...likely a champion of w/e elder dragon invested power into the original dynasty of the Dragon Emperors...No reason Kuunavang is dead in 250yrs so get her and resurrected aurene together and kill that overgrown crystal bully.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"MHaastrup.6978" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > And I shall say no more

> >

> > This seems like you're hinting at something...

> >

> > I have my own theory...

> > >! Aurene ate Joko right? And probably absorbed his magic... and Joko kept coming back to life... maybe Aurene can do the same? I'm hoping so badly xD

>

> Many people have already suggested this. It's possible they will go that way. You never know though, especially after this.

Actually, no hints were included there, I was just not willing to post anything about... you know... shall we call it "our loss" even in a spoiler-tagged (thank you!) thread.

Where it goes, I'm rather intentionally not asking, for like you, I enjoy the storytelling very, very much. And as much as possible, I want to learn it when you do.

>! I said this before in another thread but I'm gonna repeat it here: I'm glad this happened because maybe now we can focus on a way to save Tyria that doesn't involve Dragons AT ALL. I was always a little peeved at the 180 that was done in LWS3 where we had to stop killing Dragons unless we replaced them. It never made sense to me that the thing to do was to replace them with _another Dragon_ since I believe there's potential for even benevolent Dragons like Aurene, Vlast, and Glint to change given enough time and magic consumption.

>!

>! It also wouldn't have felt right to kill Kralkatorrik without Zojja there (not to mention outright disrespectful to her character). It wouldn't be a real Destiny's Edge vs. Kralkatorrik rematch without her seeing as Kralkatorrik killed her mentor, Snaff. In my opinion, she deserves to be there in some capacity when we do eventually skewer the Crystal Dragon.

>!

>! Finally, it's about time the Commander and Dragon's Watch get knocked down a peg. A good, significant peg. I like this current trend with the story that's been going on since about late LWS3, really highlighting that they're (especially the Commander) doing as much harm to Tyria as Kralkatorrik, as Palawa Joko, as Balthazar, as Mordremoth, as Zhaitan. Their haste to stop catastrophe after catastrophe and the hastiness involved in their actions has in turn brought about catastrophic results of their own. I'll admit that I'm biased because I no longer see the PC as my character anymore, but as another NPC. However, based on my interpretation of how the story has gone, the Commander and Dragon's Watch have jumped into action too many times, too fast without a contingency plan to fall back on. That lack of a contingency plan in their actions has, in my opinion, brought us to this point.

>!

>! While others have expressed a loss of hope with the end of this Episode, I have more hope than ever. Hope that, as I said before, Tyria can finally start moving toward a solution that involves exactly zero Dragons. Hope that the Commander and Dragon's Watch will take more time with their actions/plans in order to keep Tyria from plunging further into chaos. I could be wrong and Anet may throw us a curve ball in the next episode or side story that brings Aurene/Glint/Vlast back or they may very well do another PC/DW haste move that actually pays off. (I mean, they keep finding ways to bring Eir back into the story somehow even as a ghost despite her being kebab'd in HoT.) However, my interpretation of what happened with this episode is that now is the time to find a way for Tyria to survive and even thrive without any Dragons.

tl;dr - Excellent story, team. Best Living World Episode ever, in my opinion.

Maybe one day as GW2 is fading into the sunset, ANet will look back on all this and realize something that's very important to the vast majority of people in real life: the good guys should win. And in a game where we're supposed to be playing world saving heroes, they should do with decisively and without tragedy at every turn. From my military service, I know all too well that victory often has its price to be paid. But this is a GAME. Let us have fun. Let us have glory. Let heroes be heroes. The world is tragic enough without bringing the horror into where most players go as an escape. You did this wrong, ANet. You did this just straight up wrong.

Honestly wish she was still alive, felt cool honestly first game ever to have a dragon that could speak through you and in your mind, who you could sink up with and do wonders with, so much character development, I know that in order for her to ascend or go through ascension that much is clear if anyone paid attention in Path of Fire's story or the short dialogue but losing her, hopefully ascension does happen and she comes back twice as strong, but I sighs... Out of all the characters in this game, this one actually has me wanting to cry, there could have been other ways to have made this ending epic but the loss of your favorite character it makes you wonder if the journey is worth continuing. Like whats my incentive now, when Aurene is what I looked forward to in every episode.

:( Honestly we watch her since the end of HOT for years now when she as a egg. Were excited when she hatched, literally raised her for years, played with her, and now she died for us. It really hurts and I feel exactly like the last lines said :( I don't know what's going to happen next. I really hope there is a proper funeral and such in the next episode. It would just feel horribly wrong if they didn't. That being said, the story writing was stronger than ever in this episode and I'm amazed at how far we've come and the changes in the episode style. As an artist I feel inspired and as a long player of gw2 I feel grief. :((

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> Maybe one day as GW2 is fading into the sunset, ANet will look back on all this and realize something that's very important to the vast majority of people in real life: the good guys should win. And in a game where we're supposed to be playing world saving heroes, they should do with decisively and without tragedy at every turn. From my military service, I know all too well that victory often has its price to be paid. But this is a GAME. Let us have fun. Let us have glory. Let heroes be heroes. The world is tragic enough without bringing the horror into where most players go as an escape. You did this wrong, ANet. You did this just straight up wrong.

Honestly? Just go play a different game if that's what you're honestly looking for. Ever since the days of Scarlet, GW2 has loved injecting its existential dread at the end of episodes. I'm not saying this as an excuse, i'm saying this as a simple matter of fact.