Why.... [MAJOR SPOILERS]

Arden.7480

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Phaede Knight.4705" said:

> > @"whitenoize.5106" said:

> > BUT now that my poor aurene has passed. We get to go to cantha find a child of kuunavang and kill kralk dead. And kurzick vs luxons "Alliance" battles.

>

> Sadly there are no more kurzick and luxons...lore between 1 and 2 had them forced into the dragon empire around the time the tengu left cantha…

> Permanent death in GW lore has never made much sense even when Rurik and Togo died in gw1...We die repeatedly and show up at a shrine to one of the 5, yet they and others die for good? Now theres no rez shrines but we still keep coming back (abet from downed not dead) at the nearest waypoint so the gods got replaced by asura science...Then Balth kills us for real some how and we still don't stay dead...While I don't like the use of killing aurene to pull at our hearts; with the state of things at this time yeh its highly unlikely that she'll stay dead...either we do something in the mists...or aurene's use of balths and jokos powers allow her to return or w/e other angle anet plays death has very little meaning at this point as others have said....on another note...Kuunavang is not an elder dragon that we know of...likely a champion of w/e elder dragon invested power into the original dynasty of the Dragon Emperors...No reason Kuunavang is dead in 250yrs so get her and resurrected aurene together and kill that overgrown crystal bully.

>

I feel like Cantha would be best suited as an isolated campaign of its own. Where we join the resistance. Introduce the Tengu as a new playable race whose entire starter zone is in the Dominion of Winds and their Personal Story is all about taking back their "birthright." Keep the Tengu out of Guild Wars 2's vanilla campaign (Personal story-wise I mean, maybe have the ability to replay those missions sure) and focused entirely on Cantha - very nastalgic for Guild Wars 1 veterans where this was the format between Factions and Nightfall. While The Commander himself/herself is focused on the alliance with the resistance and we uncover hidden sects of Luxons and Kurzicks - freeing them and helping them achieve their sovereignty.

How could you?!?!? You spend the last four episodes getting us attached to Aurene, then you kill her??? That's just soooo wrong! She was my baby! As a writer, I understand you need to sacrifice a character now and again(I've done it), but Aurene didn't deserve this! The players didn't deserve this! I'm heartbroken and disappointed. Still crying! :anguished:

I have a feeling, Aurene pulled a "change Places!" card at the last minute. That's just my optimism though. But yeah, I finished it, and all I could do was just stand and stare a t the forge, I felt numb and unable to really do anything, I actually had to log off to recollect myself.

No. Just no.

If we kill Kralk without Aurene there to absorb his power, we destroy the world.

If we don't kill Kralk, he destroys the world.

But Aurene is dead, and I'm just standing in the forge staring in disbelief. The Commander has failed. Maybe Joko was right, and the Commander is a bigger threat to Tyria than he ever was.

Well, first of all. She ate Mordremoth's magic, that means she have hive-mind ability. Maybe now weakened Kralk engaged in mental fight with her in his own head. Or maybe her mind sits in Commander's head, take a look at her last look if you gotta play this story again.

Second, ofc. She ate Joko.

Also if devs read this, you've made GW2 version of John Sheridan out of Commander, give us Vorlon Aurene =)

> @"Starligh.5214" said:

> How could you?!?!? You spend the last four episodes getting us attached to Aurene, then you kill her??? That's just soooo wrong! She was my baby! As a writer, I understand you need to sacrifice a character now and again(I've done it), but Aurene didn't deserve this! The players didn't deserve this! I'm heartbroken and disappointed. Still crying! :anguished:

Actually no, you don't ever need to kill characters in a story. On the contrary, less death = more impact. But you're right: Aurene was done completely dirty. In fact, i'd say the entire story arc surrounding glint's prophecy has been done dirty. Back in PoF, when you went to Kesho, Sadizi outlined the entire plans of the Forgotten in utter detail, from how we threw a wrench in things by killing Zhaitan & Mordy too early, to how they need to be replaced with _entities that **share magic** rather than hoard it._ After all that time spent hyping up Aurene's destiny. Either this was done as an _EXTREMELY_ cheap plot twist and Aurene's actually still out there, or we have to replace her with another convenient magic-sharing entity in order to make the Forgotten's plan work. Aurene's role has been hyped up for 2 years, 4 if you count the time she spent as an egg, both in the Zephyrite's care, in Caithe's hands, and resting in Tarir.

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> Am I the only person who remember she consumed joko. I expect she will come back alive in season 5 using joko's power of self resurrection.

You're not wrong. At the same time, you'd think after consuming him she'd show some hints/signs that she gained his power before this to remind everyone that she ate him and consumed his magic. In fact, I don't recall her really showing any hints/signs of her using the magic she absorbed from Zhaitan, Mordremoth, or Balthazar unless I just wasn't paying attention in previous episodes (I know she gained physical traits from absorbing Zhaitan's and Mordremoth's magic but, again, I don't recall her ever using their abilities).

For being this magical Dyson she really hasn't shown that she has access to this magic. :x

Really masterful the way you handled the end. My character was just standing there staring in shock, like a cinematic cut scene, with no controls, just that doom-laden soundtrack. It wasn't for quite a while that I thought it was going on a little long for just dramatic effect and tried to move some buttons.

I, too was staring in shock for a while, glad there was that recovery time before moving on...I would not have been ready for the cut scene to play for some time.

>! Personally, I am hoping she will do a Gandalf and devour Kralk from the inside.

> @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> > Am I the only person who remember she consumed joko. I expect she will come back alive in season 5 using joko's power of self resurrection.

>

> You're not wrong. At the same time, you'd think after consuming him she'd show some hints/signs that she gained his power before this to remind everyone that she ate him and consumed his magic. In fact, I don't recall her really showing any hints/signs of her using the magic she absorbed from Zhaitan, Mordremoth, or Balthazar unless I just wasn't paying attention in previous episodes (I know she gained physical traits from absorbing Zhaitan's and Mordremoth's magic but, again, I don't recall her ever using their abilities).

>

> For being this magical Dyson she really hasn't shown that she has access to this magic. :x

Kralk showeed that he has consumed those three in the cut scene where braham "blocks" the beam. There good reason not to show Joko's Immortal power, it removes all tension from the story. This reminds of the the prophecy from Harry potter, in which ironically two contradictory outcome both come true. We had two prophecies, that Kralk dies, and that Aurene dies. This theory allows both to come true. Remember Anet heavily recycles popular tropes in their stories.

Why have Kralk show that he has absorbed Zhaitah, Mordenmoth and Balthazar, when it does nothing for the story, unless it is indirect hint to remind you dragon absorbs the power of what they consume? This is the type of hints anet like to do, remember Lazerus using fire magic to hint Balth, or the name of the jungle dragon being a random skill from subject alpha in CoE.

> @"Gambit.9501" said:

>

> Actually no, you don't ever need to kill characters in a story. On the contrary, less death = more impact. But you're right: Aurene was done completely dirty. In fact, i'd say the entire story arc surrounding glint's prophecy has been done dirty. Back in PoF, when you went to Kesho, Sadizi outlined the entire plans of the Forgotten in utter detail, from how we threw a wrench in things by killing Zhaitan & Mordy too early, to how they need to be replaced with _entities that **share magic** rather than hoard it._ After all that time spent hyping up Aurene's destiny. Either this was done as an _EXTREMELY_ cheap plot twist and Aurene's actually still out there, or we have to replace her with another convenient magic-sharing entity in order to make the Forgotten's plan work. Aurene's role has been hyped up for 2 years, 4 if you count the time she spent as an egg, both in the Zephyrite's care, in Caithe's hands, and resting in Tarir.

I'm a professional writer, and I agree that you never need to kill characters in a story (I'm not going to get started on George R.R. Martin, I'm not). This was a cheap plot twist, especially coming so soon after Blish's death and Taimi's admission that she's dying. If they bring Aurene back, then they're twisting us in knots for no good reason. If they don't, the past 4 years of story was for nothing.

I'm very close to hating the devs right now. I play this game because I LIKE being able to take a break from the boring, mundane real world to be a hero who really makes a difference. But I won't be heroic for nothing. ("All For Nothing," someone said. Yeah. I agree.) And I'm all for the feels but I won't play if it's just cheap emotion-grubbing on the part of the story writer. Much more of this and I will stop playing.

hello all.

First sorry for my mystake in english.

Second: My opinion.

I would like to put in evidence something. If we can feel the love of Aurene for his/her champion, i'm a little disapointed by the sensation of love of our heroes for her. I mean, it's feel sometimes if we was using her and not instead really protect her. By exemple "the reconforting" phase, was a little cold for me. Just a few words "we are with you...." it's a little bit short for someone who see her death.....

**Third thing: Aurene is.....really death? i start to think that's it's not the maybe the case.**

why: we see her body crystallized and...it's all in fact.

Specially because Caithe say (in french so not sure for the translation in english) "She is not here"....it's doesn't mean that she is dead, she don't feel her (her spirit) and that's mean that she is maybe alive. She recieve a special power from brill that only dragon give to each other. She eat joko too, so she has maybe special power now. She is maybe in the mists or in the sanctuary of Brill

In fact, from yesterday i start to have more and more hope to see her back because i think personnally seeing a message of hope of "Caithe" when she say "she is not here" and not specially a bad news.....

For me she is alive...somewhere....

(yes i love aurene so much ♥)

Yeah... it's kinda sad to see Aurene being crystalize just like that with all the hard work and tensions...

but maybe this is the turning point for her to get resurrect again since she ate Joko... who knows..? (and if Kralk doesn't die, which means the tracker still in his body)

Well, about Taimi's health condition, I'm pretty sure I have seen it since she first appears in the story, she just walk differently compared to another asuran, so I'm not surprise but hope she doesn't die... :'(

As for my opinion, kill off some of the characters from the story is really sad but sometimes, it just happens, this is a war, remember? not everyone survives even you want them to live... sighs... T^T

In any great fight you have loses. Sad for that cute dragon, but if we had defeated kralk during that episode I would have said that he wasn't that strong and us more than a god. It's great that kralk isn't easy to kill, seriously what we have done? Tickling his neck and poking his eye. (Maybe shaking his stomach with all those shock~waves).

Can't tell how many good characters we lose, Tybalt, "Joko", Blish, Eir, Aurene? And in next episode surely Taimi.

To sum up, I'm more for defeats, win everytime is not fun, bring no emotions and turn the hero into a cliché.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Where it goes, I'm rather intentionally not asking, for like you, I enjoy the storytelling very, very much. And as much as possible, I want to learn it when you do.

Gaile, are you saying you don't actually know what happens in LS4.6 even though the story has been written, the actors have recorded their bits?

That's some serious willpower :+1:

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> In any great fight you have loses. Sad for that cute dragon, but if we had defeated kralk during that episode I would have said that he wasn't that strong and us more than a god. It's great that kralk isn't easy to kill, seriously what we have done? Tickling his neck and poking his eye. (Maybe shaking his stomach with all those shock~waves).

> Can't tell how many good characters we lose, Tybalt, "Joko", Blish, Eir, Aurene? And in next episode surely Taimi.

>

> To sum up, I'm more for defeats, win everytime is not fun, bring no emotions and turn the hero into a cliché.

I agree with you. * thumbs up *

One of my friends who completed it early refused to let any of us complete it without someone else present. I thought maybe it was because there was some weird mechanic that was easier with two. Now I realize it's because... wow.

Like other people, I sat stunned.

I was 90% sure I knew what happened from the sounds, from the images. And then having to limp to Braham and then to Taimi... that was a really nice touch. It gave me time to absorb the fight and its end and prepare myself for ...something big.

It was an epic ending to an epic fight.