Thoughts on the new fractal?

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > This fractal is horrible. There is so much mob spam, so much AOE/Displacement, and so much damage reduction that it's ridiculous. You need perfect, 0 ping internet for some parts, like the shark AOE which is instant death unless dodged but is on such a sensitive dodge timer as to be impossible with real world internet. My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

>

> No, you just don't know the mechanics well yet, while CM's have been done so many times at this point that they can almost be done with closed eyes.

>

> The shark AoE is green, to signal to stack in it (kind of like green at Arkk), to share the damage.

> People don't have strategies yet when to man cannons, cleave adds, burst bosses. What to avoid, where to move etc.

> It's no where near "release difficulty" of the CM's.

>

> The fractal is alright and will be on farm in less than a month.

Run it yesterday, its nowhere near release cm's esp 100cm on release.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Perkysaurus.2630" said:

> > The aoe spam is ridiculous the conditions are constant and all I can think is that it is supposed to be raid training but mostly it is just embarassing garbage. Quite honestly I will avoid it after have done it twice totally not worth the time and effort. In otherwords absolute garbage, since I play this game to relax and enjoy my leisure time not pound my head against a wall.

>

> I dont think its aimed to be training material for raids. But tbh diff ppl like diff things i guess and theres something for everyone.

You are certainly correct in that people like different things.

At the moment this fractal is a nightmare in usual (non-CM) groups. At first, people are constantly joining with elementalists which will turn enemies invisible. It's funny though because before the patch I haven't had nearly that much weavers in casual T4s.

Additionally it's like during open world game play, almost nobody cares about mechanics, spawning mobs inside the tunnel endlessly and not having any clue about cannons or how to position themselves for cleave damage etc.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> My biggest gripe is the bug where if you die, all of the enemies become invisible and laggy. That made the cannon section harder than it needed to be.

>

> I'm not sure if it was just the instabilities or if my teammates were just potionless pugs, but I found the final fight to be really difficult. I'm not sure what the best strategy is yet, since I don't know if the adds have a fixed spawn rate or if they just respawn when killed, but in later stages my entire team would just get bogged down with conditions and murdered.

>

> Otherwise, everything seems fine. Decent environment, decent music, decent ideas for mechanics, etc.

Pull the elite Quartermasters to boss to be cleaved down. They enhance all the surrounding adds.

Bring tons of condi clear and reflects, it's not the boss that kills you, it's the mounting horde of ranged adds.

Stability does nothing against the wind pushes, gotta love Anet's inconsistency on what works and doesn't.

Green circle is a shared damage mechanic. Usually if someone downs, it's because they got knocked off with the green circle on them and didn't get to the group back in time.

If your druid isn't bringing healing spring, replace him with a druid who is. He should be bringing Jaracanda for the occasional resistance, and that alongside with the chrono's heal well and one of the DPS bringing some reflects/condi clear utilities makes the fight much easier.

It's really the chill stacking that grinds the group down as people start to split away from the druid so they don't get heals and they don't move quick enough to avoid getting knocked out.

If people bring the right utilities, the fight is really manageable. I just pity the weavers who are used to easily dodged damage even in CM because this fractal is peppered with a bunch of unavoidable damage that just makes me think Anet wants more dragonhunters stacked on fractals, because their wall of reflection or shield plus one trap makes handling adds so much easier.

If people are missing dragonhunters, Soulbeasts are also pretty good here because they can rotate healing spring with the druid and keep condi's in check while whirling defense is a pretty damn good reflect and the druid can also bring offhand axe if fury is not an issue.

This is a terrible fractal for low DPS groups as that last boss fight becomes significantly harder with bad DPS. I'd rate this fight even with the right utilities as being on the scale of artsariv in terms of difficulty.

100cm feels almost easier but that's only because the breakbar mechanic in this game makes competent power DPS classes busted and it should be changed so the breakbar interrupts a deadly ability or boss regen instead of giving the group bonus damage to make sure phases are not trivially skipped and encounters are kept challenging while also making condi specs competitive again.

The beginning is okay, first encounter is good, has interesting mechanics and whatnot... but then dumpsterfire begins. Puzzle is annoying and, safe for the fact I went for it in a duo, was literally impossible to do with pugs who joined 'new fractal, everybody welcome' LFG. The issue isn't visible in CM+T4|F+P|200KP+ parties, so I guess it's more about fine tuning and recognizing how bad the bottom players are. But the final encounter is annoying, cluttered and outright hard in pug parties.

Basically a decent fractal, but isn't tuned for bad players that seemed to be the target audience for Deepstone.

Plus there's no CM.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

>

> I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much crap everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

Map beatiful with biotops

First easy but Endboss its hard, to much aoe to much mobs spawn to much wind and to much condi with this new shitty stabs: low heal and enemy have more attack speed, and piranias in water, aoe shark attack that more powerfull when you alone.

And this one all of fuckn tiny boat Shittest Frak ever made

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> At the moment this fractal is a nightmare in usual (non-CM) groups. At first, people are constantly joining with elementalists which will turn enemies invisible. It's funny though because before the patch I haven't had nearly that much weavers in casual T4s.

> Additionally it's like during open world game play, almost nobody cares about mechanics, spawning mobs inside the tunnel endlessly and not having any clue about cannons or how to position themselves for cleave damage etc.

Gotta love them event like fractals.

Btw is it ele whos causing them enemies to not spawn? Was it also the cause of ark going invisible?

> @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > My biggest gripe is the bug where if you die, all of the enemies become invisible and laggy. That made the cannon section harder than it needed to be.

> >

> > I'm not sure if it was just the instabilities or if my teammates were just potionless pugs, but I found the final fight to be really difficult. I'm not sure what the best strategy is yet, since I don't know if the adds have a fixed spawn rate or if they just respawn when killed, but in later stages my entire team would just get bogged down with conditions and murdered.

> >

> > Otherwise, everything seems fine. Decent environment, decent music, decent ideas for mechanics, etc.

>

> Pull the elite Quartermasters to boss to be cleaved down. They enhance all the surrounding adds.

>

> Bring tons of condi clear and reflects, it's not the boss that kills you, it's the mounting horde of ranged adds.

>

> Stability does nothing against the wind pushes, gotta love Anet's inconsistency on what works and doesn't.

>

> Green circle is a shared damage mechanic. Usually if someone downs, it's because they got knocked off with the green circle on them and didn't get to the group back in time.

>

> If your druid isn't bringing healing spring, replace him with a druid who is. He should be bringing Jaracanda for the occasional resistance, and that alongside with the chrono's heal well and one of the DPS bringing some reflects/condi clear utilities makes the fight much easier.

>

> It's really the chill stacking that grinds the group down as people start to split away from the druid so they don't get heals and they don't move quick enough to avoid getting knocked out.

>

> If people bring the right utilities, the fight is really manageable. I just pity the weavers who are used to easily dodged damage even in CM because this fractal is peppered with a bunch of unavoidable damage that just makes me think Anet wants more dragonhunters stacked on fractals, because their wall of reflection or shield plus one trap makes handling adds so much easier.

>

> If people are missing dragonhunters, Soulbeasts are also pretty good here because they can rotate healing spring with the druid and keep condi's in check while whirling defense is a pretty kitten good reflect and the druid can also bring offhand axe if fury is not an issue.

>

> This is a terrible fractal for low DPS groups as that last boss fight becomes significantly harder with bad DPS. I'd rate this fight even with the right utilities as being on the scale of artsariv in terms of difficulty.

>

> 100cm feels almost easier but that's only because the breakbar mechanic in this game makes competent power DPS classes busted and it should be changed so the breakbar interrupts a deadly ability or boss regen instead of giving the group bonus damage to make sure phases are not trivially skipped and encounters are kept challenging while also making condi specs competitive again.

>

>

Isnt the bonus dmg on breakbar only a think in dungeons and fractals? Iirc boses dont get that in raids. Also i agree the bonus dmg is not needed, it hard trvialises fights and overpromotes burst dps.

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> >

> > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

>

> Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

Tried to bring heavy antiprojectile utility?

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> >

> > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

>

> Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

You just need a support who focus on healing, another support who focus on pulse defense boons and sustain healing(you know which class im talking about) , and 1 or 2 dps who's better on cleave mobs/boss. Problem solved

> @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> > >

> > > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

> >

> > Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

>

> You just need a support who focus on healing, another support who focus on pulse defense boons and sustain healing(you know which class im talking about) , and 1 or 2 dps who's better on cleave mobs/boss. Problem solved

You just need a druid with healing spring. The direct damage is very low. Its the condis that kill everyone. Get projectile defenses on top of that and you will probably not even need healing.

You could also get a renegade with veantari and afk in that bubble. Almost all attacks are projectiles.

At least projectile defenses are usefull again. Condi fb is insane on that boss btw. F1 resets on every kill.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Isnt the bonus dmg on breakbar only a think in dungeons and fractals? Iirc boses dont get that in raids. Also i agree the bonus dmg is not needed, it hard trvialises fights and overpromotes burst dps.

You would just igore the breakbar then most of the time. At least it rewards skill this way.

It's funny except for the final boss. I'm not a fan of the "difficulty" due to the spam of the minions, since being a healer is not easy to take care of people in an active place like fractals, and even worse if that adds all the spam of the enemies that do a good amount of damage + freezing, it becomes a bit annoying.

In all other aspects, I found it very good, I really liked the subject and the little story inside this one. :)

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > > > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> > > >

> > > > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

> > >

> > > Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

> >

> > You just need a support who focus on healing, another support who focus on pulse defense boons and sustain healing(you know which class im talking about) , and 1 or 2 dps who's better on cleave mobs/boss. Problem solved

>

> You just need a druid with healing spring. The direct damage is very low. Its the condis that kill everyone. Get projectile defenses on top of that and you will probably not even need healing.

> You could also get a renegade with veantari and afk in that bubble. Almost all attacks are projectiles.

> At least projectile defenses are usefull again. Condi fb is insane on that boss btw. F1 resets on every kill.

>

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Isnt the bonus dmg on breakbar only a think in dungeons and fractals? Iirc boses dont get that in raids. Also i agree the bonus dmg is not needed, it hard trvialises fights and overpromotes burst dps.

>

> You would just igore the breakbar then most of the time. At least it rewards skill this way.

Except what I just said was to make the breakbar stop deadly skills, so you wouldn't ignore them.

You know, like you don't interrupt Arkk's giant ball phase you all wipe. Or Siax's megadeath channel.

It doesn't even need to be megadeath, it could be the breakbar interrupting Artsariv's bullet hell channel or shorten the beach ball phase.

I'm sure they can come up with a bunch of deadly crap to interrupt via breakbar considering GW1 had a ton of stuff you needed to interrupt or you wiped.

It's already absurd that many power specs are overperforming condition specs without breakbar phases on long raid fights because of how nerfed condi specs have been, we don't need a ridiculous damage bonus that gives them even more of an advantage.

First part = warming up, good

Second part = 1st "harder" boss, good

Third part = puzzle, good as well, although the slowdown seems kinda inconsistent sometimes and with hammstrung it gets quite annoying

Clearing the ship = a bit annoying because you just have to spam the cannons while 1 or 2 throw the chest to eachother or a bit in front of himself, feels a bit too much like just adding time to the fract than actually being meaningsome

Boss fight = cluster"f-word", it's just way too much at the same time and very punishing. Limited area without boundaries but huge condi dmg if you go out, loads of mobs without pause in between waves, winds to dodge while you need to stack in green or get KO'd.

It's just too many things on a small surface, and too punishing. If the guy in green gets caught in a wind and gets thrown off the boat: he's dead next to the boat without any way to ress and it's an automatic reset. Feels like raid mentality is brought to fracts which isn't a good thing imo. Let fracts be fracts, and raids be raids, if you want to bring the raid mentality to fracts, add more cm modes. (for a good understanding, I do complete the fract, just summarizing general opinions from myself and guild)

Another thing is that the instabilities can instantly turn it into an impossible fract. With the burning missile instability added to the constant flow of mobs. It's kinda worthy of a "cm" label since it's a huge dmg increase and you're still stuck with the limited space and other mechanics.

Another problem is that the mechanics are contradictory as well, the winds require you to keep moving, while the green requires you to stack and group up. This also applies to reflects, which you can apply properly in some cases because you have to move out of it due to the winds.

I think all in all, it's a promising fract but the endfight could use some tweaks, definitely if you keep in consideration that this is only a lvl 78 fract, at it's current state, it would be better to swap it with 96 aetherblade; make 78 aetherblade and 96 siren's reef and the difficulty lvl gets placed in another perspective.

Yeah with the instabilities today the end boss became harder then a cm boss.

No Pain No Gain, Fragility , Super Rush .

As ele you have only 8k! life with Fragility and the other 2 increase the enemy dmg we got him down to 60% when there are 2 air strips an corner you its over.

You can post a picture if you were able to do it .

> @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > > @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> > > > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > > > > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> > > > >

> > > > > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

> > > >

> > > > Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

> > >

> > > You just need a support who focus on healing, another support who focus on pulse defense boons and sustain healing(you know which class im talking about) , and 1 or 2 dps who's better on cleave mobs/boss. Problem solved

> >

> > You just need a druid with healing spring. The direct damage is very low. Its the condis that kill everyone. Get projectile defenses on top of that and you will probably not even need healing.

> > You could also get a renegade with veantari and afk in that bubble. Almost all attacks are projectiles.

> > At least projectile defenses are usefull again. Condi fb is insane on that boss btw. F1 resets on every kill.

> >

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Isnt the bonus dmg on breakbar only a think in dungeons and fractals? Iirc boses dont get that in raids. Also i agree the bonus dmg is not needed, it hard trvialises fights and overpromotes burst dps.

> >

> > You would just igore the breakbar then most of the time. At least it rewards skill this way.

>

> Except what I just said was to make the breakbar stop deadly skills, so you wouldn't ignore them.

>

> You know, like you don't interrupt Arkk's giant ball phase you all wipe. Or Siax's megadeath channel.

>

> It doesn't even need to be megadeath, it could be the breakbar interrupting Artsariv's bullet hell channel or shorten the beach ball phase.

>

> I'm sure they can come up with a bunch of deadly kitten to interrupt via breakbar considering GW1 had a ton of stuff you needed to interrupt or you wiped.

>

> It's already absurd that many power specs are overperforming condition specs without breakbar phases on long raid fights because of how nerfed condi specs have been, we don't need a ridiculous damage bonus that gives them even more of an advantage.

They can buff condi when they nerf scourge + mirage into the ground. Trailblazer scourge does like 8% less damage than viper while being almost unkillable. Same for mirage probably. Almost all power builds are super glassy and lose a lot of damage with tanky gear.

They would have to design abilities to interrupt then. Wont happen so we would end ignoring a lot of breakbars outside of cm fractals.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> > > >

> > > > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

> > >

> > > Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

> >

> > You just need a support who focus on healing, another support who focus on pulse defense boons and sustain healing(you know which class im talking about) , and 1 or 2 dps who's better on cleave mobs/boss. Problem solved

>

> You just need a druid with healing spring. The direct damage is very low. Its the condis that kill everyone. Get projectile defenses on top of that and you will probably not even need healing.

> You could also get a renegade with veantari and afk in that bubble. Almost all attacks are projectiles.

> At least projectile defenses are usefull again. Condi fb is insane on that boss btw. F1 resets on every kill.

>

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Isnt the bonus dmg on breakbar only a think in dungeons and fractals? Iirc boses dont get that in raids. Also i agree the bonus dmg is not needed, it hard trvialises fights and overpromotes burst dps.

>

> You would just igore the breakbar then most of the time. At least it rewards skill this way.

I disagree, in raids we dont see ppl ignoring the bar unless it means more dps. most breakbars in fractals are toed to some annoying cc or strong attack which could lead to your dps getting downed and therefore stop doing their job.

So you lose nothing from breaking it, the boss even gets stunned for x seconds.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > > > @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> > > > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > > > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > > > > > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

> > > > >

> > > > > Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

> > > >

> > > > You just need a support who focus on healing, another support who focus on pulse defense boons and sustain healing(you know which class im talking about) , and 1 or 2 dps who's better on cleave mobs/boss. Problem solved

> > >

> > > You just need a druid with healing spring. The direct damage is very low. Its the condis that kill everyone. Get projectile defenses on top of that and you will probably not even need healing.

> > > You could also get a renegade with veantari and afk in that bubble. Almost all attacks are projectiles.

> > > At least projectile defenses are usefull again. Condi fb is insane on that boss btw. F1 resets on every kill.

> > >

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > Isnt the bonus dmg on breakbar only a think in dungeons and fractals? Iirc boses dont get that in raids. Also i agree the bonus dmg is not needed, it hard trvialises fights and overpromotes burst dps.

> > >

> > > You would just igore the breakbar then most of the time. At least it rewards skill this way.

> >

> > Except what I just said was to make the breakbar stop deadly skills, so you wouldn't ignore them.

> >

> > You know, like you don't interrupt Arkk's giant ball phase you all wipe. Or Siax's megadeath channel.

> >

> > It doesn't even need to be megadeath, it could be the breakbar interrupting Artsariv's bullet hell channel or shorten the beach ball phase.

> >

> > I'm sure they can come up with a bunch of deadly kitten to interrupt via breakbar considering GW1 had a ton of stuff you needed to interrupt or you wiped.

> >

> > It's already absurd that many power specs are overperforming condition specs without breakbar phases on long raid fights because of how nerfed condi specs have been, we don't need a ridiculous damage bonus that gives them even more of an advantage.

>

> They can buff condi when they nerf scourge + mirage into the ground. Trailblazer scourge does like 8% less damage than viper while being almost unkillable. Same for mirage probably. Almost all power builds are super glassy and lose a lot of damage with tanky gear.

>

> They would have to design abilities to interrupt then. Wont happen so we would end ignoring a lot of breakbars outside of cm fractals.

HMMM could there possibly be an issue with the stat set then? Nah its the classes ofc.

Jokes aside going for the most dmg you should give up tankyness and vice versa. If a stat set gives u both it should be weaker at both.

The stat type is the issue not the classes.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> They would have to design abilities to interrupt then. Wont happen so we would end ignoring a lot of breakbars outside of cm fractals.

We already have alot of skills that interupt and interupt play has been a thing in fractals for years.

A 5 man group has enough cc to loop double the breakbars of any fractal encounter atm and never have a problem.

They can easily add more breakbars or simply keep the ones they already have but remove the bonus dmg.

For interupt play whe would need the popper ui elements such as channels bars to apear when channels take place.

Although that exact system existed in gw1 they dont have to do it in gw2 (id love to interupt, it was one of the best things in gw1, it makes packs scary, not the mindless pull and cleave that they are in gw2) but just having breakbars is enough.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > > > @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> > > > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > > > @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > > > > > > My regular group which runs every fractal including CMs in one go with no rezzing tried for 2 hours to get through the fractal before giving up. The difficulty is completely out of line with all the other fractals, exceeding even the CMs at T4.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I cannot believe that. I did it with a non meta comp with people that had very little CM experience and the only part that we found tough was the last boss on the ship and that we got it 3 pulls after realizing what all the mechanics were and found a druid to give us some might. No way a CM group would not take that champ down the moment they understood how it works. You were probably just doing sth wrong when it came to the mechanics.

> > > > >

> > > > > Aside from a couple problems with the skeleton, the last boss was the entire issue. No matter how hard we tried we were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mobs, AOEs, displacements, and undodgeable instant downs (sharks). We couldn't position, we could barely DPS, and even after changing to max cleave characters there was so much kitten everywhere from the mobs that we could barely even see anything.

> > > >

> > > > You just need a support who focus on healing, another support who focus on pulse defense boons and sustain healing(you know which class im talking about) , and 1 or 2 dps who's better on cleave mobs/boss. Problem solved

> > >

> > > You just need a druid with healing spring. The direct damage is very low. Its the condis that kill everyone. Get projectile defenses on top of that and you will probably not even need healing.

> > > You could also get a renegade with veantari and afk in that bubble. Almost all attacks are projectiles.

> > > At least projectile defenses are usefull again. Condi fb is insane on that boss btw. F1 resets on every kill.

> > >

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > Isnt the bonus dmg on breakbar only a think in dungeons and fractals? Iirc boses dont get that in raids. Also i agree the bonus dmg is not needed, it hard trvialises fights and overpromotes burst dps.

> > >

> > > You would just igore the breakbar then most of the time. At least it rewards skill this way.

> >

> > Except what I just said was to make the breakbar stop deadly skills, so you wouldn't ignore them.

> >

> > You know, like you don't interrupt Arkk's giant ball phase you all wipe. Or Siax's megadeath channel.

> >

> > It doesn't even need to be megadeath, it could be the breakbar interrupting Artsariv's bullet hell channel or shorten the beach ball phase.

> >

> > I'm sure they can come up with a bunch of deadly kitten to interrupt via breakbar considering GW1 had a ton of stuff you needed to interrupt or you wiped.

> >

> > It's already absurd that many power specs are overperforming condition specs without breakbar phases on long raid fights because of how nerfed condi specs have been, we don't need a ridiculous damage bonus that gives them even more of an advantage.

>

> They can buff condi when they nerf scourge + mirage into the ground. Trailblazer scourge does like 8% less damage than viper while being almost unkillable. Same for mirage probably. Almost all power builds are super glassy and lose a lot of damage with tanky gear.

>

Oh, please, guardian is rolling in blocks on top of a conal invulnerability, and daredevil has 19839273028 dodges for every occasion where something might hit them.

The only high risk power build is weaver, and condi weaver is just as glassy, so it's an ele specific problem, not a power problem.

And mirage is not even better to power chrono. Power chrono has blurred frenzy, sword 4, focus 5 for reflects, and his distortion can be used on 0 clones for even more faceroll survival whereas mirage using distortion or diversion is a massive dps loss.

Power reaper has also way better survival than scourge.