Which Living World Maps do you return to often? Why?

Bolshie.6137

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloodstone Fen: Treasure Mushroom

Bitterfrost Frontier: When I need more ascended equipment or if I want more Steak with Winterberry Sauce. Or if I want low-maintenance unbound magic.

Draconis Mons: Treasure Mushroom

Domain of Istan: When I need gold or unbound magic

Sandswept Isles: When I need more ascended equipment with different stats, or I need more Coconut Milk for Avocado Smoothies.

Those are the ones that I mostly visit.

I find myself going to Siren's landing quite frequently when I feel the need to gather some t5 wood, since it's more convenient to just send any level 80 there via teleport scroll than parking them at Pagga. I also often portal to an appropriate ls map to do whatever daily gathering or vista is up, for the same reason of not having specific characters parked at specific places. Lastly due to enjoying story and having way too many characters, I tend to go to all maps in this game occasionally, including much all of the living story maps. There's really no map in the game that I visit more regularly than others.

All LW3 zones gets play to deck out ten alts in trinkies, but the zones I enjoy most are Lake Doric for pony genocide (OCD heaven), Bitterfrost Frontier for berry runs and because I like the events , Siren's Landing for mat gathering, Bloodstone Fen to air out my glider fleet and Ember Bay to bathe my revenant in lense flares. None of the LW4 zones really stuck with me, even if the best-in game-gold-per-hour are (were) to be found there.

It really depends on my mood.. for the most part I go to the new maps on release, do map completion and buy a few things like mini's etc and complete the story and then tend to hang around for a few days getting a couple of achievements and completing some of the events but after that I move on.

I do occasionally come back to a map to achievement hunt though.. recently I've been doing that in Istan and i've only one more to go.

Rejoining Istan has also gotten me doing some daily meta farming too for Kralkanite ore and Volatile magic which has been enjoyable but overall I don't care for farming so I rarely spend more than a couple of weeks farming daily meta runs on a map as it gets boring after a while and forcing myself to do it for gold eventually kills my interest in playing the game entirely.

The season 3 ones because I still have reasons to farm there, though I am on my last character to get ascended trinkets. Season 4 maps don't get a lot of mileage from me, even the brand new one. I just have nothing to do there. It's a shame because I do love the new map visually. Maybe I'll get into the weapon collection there at some point.

I do all the quick dailies on all the LW maps regularly for quick karma and map resources. The current season's daily chests I save for low level characters and new masteries when they come out. Salvaging amulets and other trinkets you buy with the resources is good gold if you get lucky salvaged stuff.

At the moment I spend a bit more time farming ascended mats to make vision crystals for the new weapon set achievements.

I love messing around in Bloodstone Fen and occasionally Ember Bay just for the atmosphere. Both environs are awesome just to pootle around in and there always events going on.

Draconis Mons used to be my go to because of how much depth it contained in content, but I haven't been back for a while.

My only real go back to LS4 map is Sandswept becaue I love everything about it - the style, the stories, the events. I'd like to do Istan more for the meteors, but the performance issues annoy me there, plus whilst I like the meteor events, it can be difficult to get there on time.

I think Silverwastes is the ultimate seaosn map though. I can pootle, I can farm and I just thoroughly enjoy playing the meta more than any other

Honorary mention goes to Sirens Landing. The map is rubbish, but it does have lots of elder wood and I need the pearls for the backpack collection

I went back to most of the Season 3 maps to get the achievements after completing the story. Other than that, I go back to Season 3 maps to get ascended trinkets, but I only like to do that in Bitterfrost Frontier since the Winterberry bushes are guaranteed to drop Winterberries - unlike the nodes in other Season 3 maps, which frustrate me since the drops are dependent on RNG.

It's funny you ask that because I've found that this current map: Thunderhead Peaks, has been the one that has held my attention the least of all the previous ones.

I like the look of the map but, from a purely personal standpoint, there is nothing I want to work towards on it. YMMV of course.

I popped into Kourna last evening for the first time in months and it was empty apart from a few souls (presumably new to the map) doing some small events.

The map that I visited the most when it dropped was Jahai Bluffs. Spent the best part of a month doing every event and getting all the AP I could. I thoroughly enjoyed that area but haven't been back since before Christmas.

It's a shame really that these maps seems to depopulate so quickly after all the obvious effort that went in to creating them. Those with farming potential always retain players the longest of course but it would be nice if some updated events took place in them to encourage folks to go back.

Currently, it is **Thunderhead Peaks**, no doubt. If the Endless Djinn Tonic had a higher drop rate and the Mistonium had been useful in the long run (i.e., for trinkets), I would have spent (and probably still would spend) more time in the **Jahai Bluffs** (overall my favorite map); the daily toyal treasure hunt race was also bugged for so long that people lost interest in making that one of their daily regular activities.

Someone already mentioned Bloodstone Fen--two easy/quick dailies for rubies plus flax. Then on to Verdant Brink for flax (ok, not a living world zone but whatever). Then Draconis Mons for more flax.

Beyond that, I mostly stay in a map until I accomplish my goals and get the rewards then I'm done. For example, I haven't been to Sandswept Isles in a while... or Lake Doric.