If you could only do one balance change on each class?

Master Ketsu.4569

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shala.8352" said:

> > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > > **Mesmer**: Power lock reduced range to 300 from 1200. Also added a cast time of 1/2 sec with a big tell visual animation. Can't perform Power lock from stealth.

> > > > > > > **Chronomancer**: remove Deja vu. You already blocking attacks, summoning phantasm and gaining protection and still moving while blocking, i don't see why you should be even more rewarded for blocking in an aoe spam game.

> > > > > > > **Mirage**: if you want to keep all your defensive tools, then you will have to sacrifice your attacks: add 1s cast time (with animation) for f1-f2-f3 shatters when choosing mirage trait line. This is to make Mirage more susceptible to CC and daze effects.

> > > > > > > **Boonbeast**: remove any stability gain from dolyak stance. You are already a kiting class with the higher dmg reduction in the game, why you need stability?

> > > > > > > **holosmith**: too much quickness, no time to react even to big tell animations make the game with no counterplays. No more quickness gain from radiant arc.

> > > > > > > **Revenant**: skill 4 sword off hand no more dmg, bring it back to a normal block as it was. Revenant lacks defence, not DMG. Also reduce the cast time and energy consumption for this skill off course.

> > > > > > > **Herald**: shield skill 5 allow you to move and doesnt root you in place anymor

> > > > > > > **Renegade**: add/replace a short bow skill with a movement skill (no care wich type, if a back roll or a translate left or right after using the skill) that consume no energy. Renegade lacks on defence and mobility, and has already big energy consuming skills with low reward.

> > > > > > > **Warrior**: Rampage: 150 second cooldown. This should be your last resource instead of another possible CC spam abuse.

> > > > > > > **Spellbreaker**: Disrupting Stab, remove the stun effect. You are already dazing the target and dealing more dmg because he was using a skill, why another stun reward?

> > > > > > > **Thief**: pistol 4 no more spammable, add a 1/2 cast time to pistol 4. Stop the no brain spam of CC in this game plz. If you can CC, you have to time it.

> > > > > > > **Deadeye**: no more stealth on evade. Why rewarding a class for evading an attack? The evade itself is already the reward!

> > > > > > > **Guardian**: big tell animation 3/4s cast time on Judge intervention. So that you can't easy chain skills with it while teleporting.

> > > > > > > **Druid**: remove stealth from celestial shadow. You are a Druid not a Thief. Stop giving stealth to any class randomly. Replace the stealth effect with vigor (2s).

> > > > > > > **Necromancer/Scourge** why all the animations for these classes look the same? Can't you put more effort on the animation for this classes? Really these classes look like AOE spam bots simply because all of their animation looks all the same!!! Especialy the staff ones, simply shaking his left hand...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thief: I think that would be a bad change. How would you interrupt anything if your interrupt skill has 1/2s cast time? You‘d have to guess which skill your enemy will use next insted of locking at the animation and actually time it properly. Besides if you spam it (2-3 times) you‘re gonna die because you won‘t have initiative left to do anything. And btw it‘s a 1/4s daze, not CC.

> > > > >

> > > > > Daze is a CC. I think in this game only two type of skills should have no cast time: stun breakers and autoattacks.

> > > >

> > > > Well okay, I doesn‘t really matter what we call it. My point still stands tho, atm you use all you‘re Initiative for 3/4s of daze if you spam it. Imo that‘s punishment enough. And how would you use the skill if your changes would be made? I‘d say the skill becomes useless but maybe you see something that I don‘t?

> > >

> > > Maybe we play different games, but seriously speaking, is there a single time where you think you won't interrupt any skill using your pistol 4? Since when a player stay more than 1/2 a second not casting a skill in gw2? Are we playing slow turn based MMORPG? And Just to mention, you know an interrupted skill goes in CD? Isn't it dumb that a skill with no CD and no cast time can send your skills in CD for 5s?

> > > But if you prefer, we can change a little the variant: allow pistol 4 to be an immediate 900 range skill (omg so stupid, but whatever) but put in it a 10 seconds CD, so that it can't be spammed and thief has to start thinking which skill is better to interrupt.

> >

> > Not every skill has a cast. And you did still not answer how you interrupt a skill if the interrupt hast castime.

> >

> > Initiative is a resource you can spam if you want but you‘ll get punished if you do. That‘s just how thief works.

>

> is very simple, you interrupt skills that have more than 3/4s cast time. If you are focusing also in skills that have 1/2s or lower, then you are not interrupting important skills, you are just spamming.

Lol, avarage reaction time is 0.2 seconds, so interrupting a skill whith 0.5 seconds cast time is easy doable.

> @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > > > **Mesmer**: Power lock reduced range to 300 from 1200. Also added a cast time of 1/2 sec with a big tell visual animation. Can't perform Power lock from stealth.

> > > > > > > > **Chronomancer**: remove Deja vu. You already blocking attacks, summoning phantasm and gaining protection and still moving while blocking, i don't see why you should be even more rewarded for blocking in an aoe spam game.

> > > > > > > > **Mirage**: if you want to keep all your defensive tools, then you will have to sacrifice your attacks: add 1s cast time (with animation) for f1-f2-f3 shatters when choosing mirage trait line. This is to make Mirage more susceptible to CC and daze effects.

> > > > > > > > **Boonbeast**: remove any stability gain from dolyak stance. You are already a kiting class with the higher dmg reduction in the game, why you need stability?

> > > > > > > > **holosmith**: too much quickness, no time to react even to big tell animations make the game with no counterplays. No more quickness gain from radiant arc.

> > > > > > > > **Revenant**: skill 4 sword off hand no more dmg, bring it back to a normal block as it was. Revenant lacks defence, not DMG. Also reduce the cast time and energy consumption for this skill off course.

> > > > > > > > **Herald**: shield skill 5 allow you to move and doesnt root you in place anymor

> > > > > > > > **Renegade**: add/replace a short bow skill with a movement skill (no care wich type, if a back roll or a translate left or right after using the skill) that consume no energy. Renegade lacks on defence and mobility, and has already big energy consuming skills with low reward.

> > > > > > > > **Warrior**: Rampage: 150 second cooldown. This should be your last resource instead of another possible CC spam abuse.

> > > > > > > > **Spellbreaker**: Disrupting Stab, remove the stun effect. You are already dazing the target and dealing more dmg because he was using a skill, why another stun reward?

> > > > > > > > **Thief**: pistol 4 no more spammable, add a 1/2 cast time to pistol 4. Stop the no brain spam of CC in this game plz. If you can CC, you have to time it.

> > > > > > > > **Deadeye**: no more stealth on evade. Why rewarding a class for evading an attack? The evade itself is already the reward!

> > > > > > > > **Guardian**: big tell animation 3/4s cast time on Judge intervention. So that you can't easy chain skills with it while teleporting.

> > > > > > > > **Druid**: remove stealth from celestial shadow. You are a Druid not a Thief. Stop giving stealth to any class randomly. Replace the stealth effect with vigor (2s).

> > > > > > > > **Necromancer/Scourge** why all the animations for these classes look the same? Can't you put more effort on the animation for this classes? Really these classes look like AOE spam bots simply because all of their animation looks all the same!!! Especialy the staff ones, simply shaking his left hand...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thief: I think that would be a bad change. How would you interrupt anything if your interrupt skill has 1/2s cast time? You‘d have to guess which skill your enemy will use next insted of locking at the animation and actually time it properly. Besides if you spam it (2-3 times) you‘re gonna die because you won‘t have initiative left to do anything. And btw it‘s a 1/4s daze, not CC.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Daze is a CC. I think in this game only two type of skills should have no cast time: stun breakers and autoattacks.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well okay, I doesn‘t really matter what we call it. My point still stands tho, atm you use all you‘re Initiative for 3/4s of daze if you spam it. Imo that‘s punishment enough. And how would you use the skill if your changes would be made? I‘d say the skill becomes useless but maybe you see something that I don‘t?

> > > >

> > > > Maybe we play different games, but seriously speaking, is there a single time where you think you won't interrupt any skill using your pistol 4? Since when a player stay more than 1/2 a second not casting a skill in gw2? Are we playing slow turn based MMORPG? And Just to mention, you know an interrupted skill goes in CD? Isn't it dumb that a skill with no CD and no cast time can send your skills in CD for 5s?

> > > > But if you prefer, we can change a little the variant: allow pistol 4 to be an immediate 900 range skill (omg so stupid, but whatever) but put in it a 10 seconds CD, so that it can't be spammed and thief has to start thinking which skill is better to interrupt.

> > >

> > > Not every skill has a cast. And you did still not answer how you interrupt a skill if the interrupt hast castime.

> > >

> > > Initiative is a resource you can spam if you want but you‘ll get punished if you do. That‘s just how thief works.

> >

> > is very simple, you interrupt skills that have more than 3/4s cast time. If you are focusing also in skills that have 1/2s or lower, then you are not interrupting important skills, you are just spamming.

>

> Lol, avarage reaction time is 0.2 seconds, so interrupting a skill whith 0.5 seconds cast time is easy doable.

We've already discussed that.

You can add another 0.1 to 0.2s of internet lag to that. Even more if your target has a poor connection. Duelling thieves that have a 200 ping is a pain in the ass. They will damage you with shadowshot or sword2 before they are even rendered next to you due to lag compensation issues (I live right next to the european GW2 servers and have a ping of about 25ms and other people's ping issues do often more hurt than help me).

On top of that the value you mentioned was achieved from persons who expected the thing they had to react to - like "look at a screen and when a red dot shows up, you press a button". That's something completely different to active gameplay where you don't know what your target will do next and where you have to interpret its actions first before reacting.

> @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > **Mesmer**: Power lock reduced range to 300 from 1200. Also added a cast time of 1/2 sec with a big tell visual animation. Can't perform Power lock from stealth.

> > > > **Chronomancer**: remove Deja vu. You already blocking attacks, summoning phantasm and gaining protection and still moving while blocking, i don't see why you should be even more rewarded for blocking in an aoe spam game.

> > > > **Mirage**: if you want to keep all your defensive tools, then you will have to sacrifice your attacks: add 1s cast time (with animation) for f1-f2-f3 shatters when choosing mirage trait line. This is to make Mirage more susceptible to CC and daze effects.

> > > > **Boonbeast**: remove any stability gain from dolyak stance. You are already a kiting class with the higher dmg reduction in the game, why you need stability?

> > > > **holosmith**: too much quickness, no time to react even to big tell animations make the game with no counterplays. No more quickness gain from radiant arc.

> > > > **Revenant**: skill 4 sword off hand no more dmg, bring it back to a normal block as it was. Revenant lacks defence, not DMG. Also reduce the cast time and energy consumption for this skill off course.

> > > > **Herald**: shield skill 5 allow you to move and doesnt root you in place anymor

> > > > **Renegade**: add/replace a short bow skill with a movement skill (no care wich type, if a back roll or a translate left or right after using the skill) that consume no energy. Renegade lacks on defence and mobility, and has already big energy consuming skills with low reward.

> > > > **Warrior**: Rampage: 150 second cooldown. This should be your last resource instead of another possible CC spam abuse.

> > > > **Spellbreaker**: Disrupting Stab, remove the stun effect. You are already dazing the target and dealing more dmg because he was using a skill, why another stun reward?

> > > > **Thief**: pistol 4 no more spammable, add a 1/2 cast time to pistol 4. Stop the no brain spam of CC in this game plz. If you can CC, you have to time it.

> > > > **Deadeye**: no more stealth on evade. Why rewarding a class for evading an attack? The evade itself is already the reward!

> > > > **Guardian**: big tell animation 3/4s cast time on Judge intervention. So that you can't easy chain skills with it while teleporting.

> > > > **Druid**: remove stealth from celestial shadow. You are a Druid not a Thief. Stop giving stealth to any class randomly. Replace the stealth effect with vigor (2s).

> > > > **Necromancer/Scourge** why all the animations for these classes look the same? Can't you put more effort on the animation for this classes? Really these classes look like AOE spam bots simply because all of their animation looks all the same!!! Especialy the staff ones, simply shaking his left hand...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Thief: I think that would be a bad change. How would you interrupt anything if your interrupt skill has 1/2s cast time? You‘d have to guess which skill your enemy will use next insted of locking at the animation and actually time it properly. Besides if you spam it (2-3 times) you‘re gonna die because you won‘t have initiative left to do anything. And btw it‘s a 1/4s daze, not CC.

> >

> > Daze is a CC. I think in this game only two type of skills should have no cast time: stun breakers and autoattacks.

>

> Well okay, I doesn‘t really matter what we call it. My point still stands tho, atm you use all you‘re Initiative for 3/4s of daze if you spam it. Imo that‘s punishment enough. And how would you use the skill if your changes would be made? I‘d say the skill becomes useless but maybe you see something that I don‘t?

Thief is glassy by its designed nature. It uses evade and mobility for its lack of sustain. It has a block ( bandits Defense) that’s one of if not shortest blocks in game, 1 1/4 sec I think compared to most 3-4 sec blocks on most other classes that have not only more hp but multiple types of blocks among other defences like invulnerability a lot of them have on top. Thief had what? Instant reflexes lol oh that’s reliable. U guys are complaining about a less than a second daze? It should be 1 sec daze at least!

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Derenaya.3479" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shala.8352" said:

> > > > > > > > > **Mesmer**: Power lock reduced range to 300 from 1200. Also added a cast time of 1/2 sec with a big tell visual animation. Can't perform Power lock from stealth.

> > > > > > > > > **Chronomancer**: remove Deja vu. You already blocking attacks, summoning phantasm and gaining protection and still moving while blocking, i don't see why you should be even more rewarded for blocking in an aoe spam game.

> > > > > > > > > **Mirage**: if you want to keep all your defensive tools, then you will have to sacrifice your attacks: add 1s cast time (with animation) for f1-f2-f3 shatters when choosing mirage trait line. This is to make Mirage more susceptible to CC and daze effects.

> > > > > > > > > **Boonbeast**: remove any stability gain from dolyak stance. You are already a kiting class with the higher dmg reduction in the game, why you need stability?

> > > > > > > > > **holosmith**: too much quickness, no time to react even to big tell animations make the game with no counterplays. No more quickness gain from radiant arc.

> > > > > > > > > **Revenant**: skill 4 sword off hand no more dmg, bring it back to a normal block as it was. Revenant lacks defence, not DMG. Also reduce the cast time and energy consumption for this skill off course.

> > > > > > > > > **Herald**: shield skill 5 allow you to move and doesnt root you in place anymor

> > > > > > > > > **Renegade**: add/replace a short bow skill with a movement skill (no care wich type, if a back roll or a translate left or right after using the skill) that consume no energy. Renegade lacks on defence and mobility, and has already big energy consuming skills with low reward.

> > > > > > > > > **Warrior**: Rampage: 150 second cooldown. This should be your last resource instead of another possible CC spam abuse.

> > > > > > > > > **Spellbreaker**: Disrupting Stab, remove the stun effect. You are already dazing the target and dealing more dmg because he was using a skill, why another stun reward?

> > > > > > > > > **Thief**: pistol 4 no more spammable, add a 1/2 cast time to pistol 4. Stop the no brain spam of CC in this game plz. If you can CC, you have to time it.

> > > > > > > > > **Deadeye**: no more stealth on evade. Why rewarding a class for evading an attack? The evade itself is already the reward!

> > > > > > > > > **Guardian**: big tell animation 3/4s cast time on Judge intervention. So that you can't easy chain skills with it while teleporting.

> > > > > > > > > **Druid**: remove stealth from celestial shadow. You are a Druid not a Thief. Stop giving stealth to any class randomly. Replace the stealth effect with vigor (2s).

> > > > > > > > > **Necromancer/Scourge** why all the animations for these classes look the same? Can't you put more effort on the animation for this classes? Really these classes look like AOE spam bots simply because all of their animation looks all the same!!! Especialy the staff ones, simply shaking his left hand...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thief: I think that would be a bad change. How would you interrupt anything if your interrupt skill has 1/2s cast time? You‘d have to guess which skill your enemy will use next insted of locking at the animation and actually time it properly. Besides if you spam it (2-3 times) you‘re gonna die because you won‘t have initiative left to do anything. And btw it‘s a 1/4s daze, not CC.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Daze is a CC. I think in this game only two type of skills should have no cast time: stun breakers and autoattacks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well okay, I doesn‘t really matter what we call it. My point still stands tho, atm you use all you‘re Initiative for 3/4s of daze if you spam it. Imo that‘s punishment enough. And how would you use the skill if your changes would be made? I‘d say the skill becomes useless but maybe you see something that I don‘t?

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe we play different games, but seriously speaking, is there a single time where you think you won't interrupt any skill using your pistol 4? Since when a player stay more than 1/2 a second not casting a skill in gw2? Are we playing slow turn based MMORPG? And Just to mention, you know an interrupted skill goes in CD? Isn't it dumb that a skill with no CD and no cast time can send your skills in CD for 5s?

> > > > > But if you prefer, we can change a little the variant: allow pistol 4 to be an immediate 900 range skill (omg so stupid, but whatever) but put in it a 10 seconds CD, so that it can't be spammed and thief has to start thinking which skill is better to interrupt.

> > > >

> > > > Not every skill has a cast. And you did still not answer how you interrupt a skill if the interrupt hast castime.

> > > >

> > > > Initiative is a resource you can spam if you want but you‘ll get punished if you do. That‘s just how thief works.

> > >

> > > is very simple, you interrupt skills that have more than 3/4s cast time. If you are focusing also in skills that have 1/2s or lower, then you are not interrupting important skills, you are just spamming.

> >

> > Lol, avarage reaction time is 0.2 seconds, so interrupting a skill whith 0.5 seconds cast time is easy doable.

> We've already discussed that.

>

> You can add another 0.1 to 0.2s of internet lag to that. Even more if your target has a poor connection. Duelling thieves that have a 200 ping is a pain in the kitten. They will damage you with shadowshot or sword2 before they are even rendered next to you due to lag compensation issues (I live right next to the european GW2 servers and have a ping of about 25ms and other people's ping issues do often more hurt than help me).

>

> On top of that the value you mentioned was achieved from persons who expected the thing they had to react to - like "look at a screen and when a red dot shows up, you press a button". That's something completely different to active gameplay where you don't know what your target will do next and where you have to interpret its actions first before reacting.

>

Well if I fight a specific profession I‘ll watch out for key skills, like let‘s say I fight a spellbreaker and he‘s on shild/dagger. I know he will try to stun me with shield bash (if that‘s the name) at some point so I won‘t have problem evading it even if I stay right next to him. That‘s only for 1v1s of course, 1vx are hard to impossible in that matter.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > **Mesmer**: Power lock reduced range to 300 from 1200. Also added a cast time of 1/2 sec with a big tell visual animation. Can't perform Power lock from stealth.

> > > > > **Chronomancer**: remove Deja vu. You already blocking attacks, summoning phantasm and gaining protection and still moving while blocking, i don't see why you should be even more rewarded for blocking in an aoe spam game.

> > > > > **Mirage**: if you want to keep all your defensive tools, then you will have to sacrifice your attacks: add 1s cast time (with animation) for f1-f2-f3 shatters when choosing mirage trait line. This is to make Mirage more susceptible to CC and daze effects.

> > > > > **Boonbeast**: remove any stability gain from dolyak stance. You are already a kiting class with the higher dmg reduction in the game, why you need stability?

> > > > > **holosmith**: too much quickness, no time to react even to big tell animations make the game with no counterplays. No more quickness gain from radiant arc.

> > > > > **Revenant**: skill 4 sword off hand no more dmg, bring it back to a normal block as it was. Revenant lacks defence, not DMG. Also reduce the cast time and energy consumption for this skill off course.

> > > > > **Herald**: shield skill 5 allow you to move and doesnt root you in place anymor

> > > > > **Renegade**: add/replace a short bow skill with a movement skill (no care wich type, if a back roll or a translate left or right after using the skill) that consume no energy. Renegade lacks on defence and mobility, and has already big energy consuming skills with low reward.

> > > > > **Warrior**: Rampage: 150 second cooldown. This should be your last resource instead of another possible CC spam abuse.

> > > > > **Spellbreaker**: Disrupting Stab, remove the stun effect. You are already dazing the target and dealing more dmg because he was using a skill, why another stun reward?

> > > > > **Thief**: pistol 4 no more spammable, add a 1/2 cast time to pistol 4. Stop the no brain spam of CC in this game plz. If you can CC, you have to time it.

> > > > > **Deadeye**: no more stealth on evade. Why rewarding a class for evading an attack? The evade itself is already the reward!

> > > > > **Guardian**: big tell animation 3/4s cast time on Judge intervention. So that you can't easy chain skills with it while teleporting.

> > > > > **Druid**: remove stealth from celestial shadow. You are a Druid not a Thief. Stop giving stealth to any class randomly. Replace the stealth effect with vigor (2s).

> > > > > **Necromancer/Scourge** why all the animations for these classes look the same? Can't you put more effort on the animation for this classes? Really these classes look like AOE spam bots simply because all of their animation looks all the same!!! Especialy the staff ones, simply shaking his left hand...

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Thief: I think that would be a bad change. How would you interrupt anything if your interrupt skill has 1/2s cast time? You‘d have to guess which skill your enemy will use next insted of locking at the animation and actually time it properly. Besides if you spam it (2-3 times) you‘re gonna die because you won‘t have initiative left to do anything. And btw it‘s a 1/4s daze, not CC.

> > >

> > > Daze is a CC. I think in this game only two type of skills should have no cast time: stun breakers and autoattacks.

> >

> > Well okay, I doesn‘t really matter what we call it. My point still stands tho, atm you use all you‘re Initiative for 3/4s of daze if you spam it. Imo that‘s punishment enough. And how would you use the skill if your changes would be made? I‘d say the skill becomes useless but maybe you see something that I don‘t?

>

> Thief is glassy by its designed nature. It uses evade and mobility for its lack of sustain. It has a block ( bandits Defense) that’s one of if not shortest blocks in game, 1 1/4 sec I think compared to most 3-4 sec blocks on most other classes that have not only more hp but multiple types of blocks among other defences like invulnerability a lot of them have on top. Thief had what? Instant reflexes lol oh that’s reliable. U guys are complaining about a less than a second daze? It should be 1 sec daze at least!

Well I think the skill is ok so I‘m not the one complaining^^

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > Necro is kind of a mess, and I can't immediately be bothered to pin down any single thing to buff, nerf, or outright change (I could bring a bunch of stuff to the table, but no single thing). Same goes for Mesmer, but the the easy generation and baseline function of Mirage Cloak is the obvious point of contention (although Chrono CD reset and core stealth burst are respectively just about as cancerous, so it's kind of a heavy bag of nonsense for that class).

> Mirage and necro are probably the easiest.

>

> **Necro:**

> - reaper shroud cooldown: 8s

>

> reason: the spec lost all of its opening burst. It was pushed to a sitting duck bruiser playstyle. Therefore it needs more utility to deal with encounters.

The reason why I cited necro as a "mess with no single good item to buff, nerf or change as a long-term solution to the class' problems" is because the class' PvP woes often fall into that abyss of "it's ineffective but not because it requires a very high mechanical skill threshold and BIG BRAIN IQ in order to use it optimally." Necro is about as braindead as any other class in the game (that isn't a poke at anyone who plays it; it's just a very, very, "hit you over the head with a pipe" straightforward sort of playstyle--if one could even call it a playstyle). Therefore, making it easier for reaper to do reaper things doesn't really make the class any more interesting or engaging to play; all it really accomplishes it increasing the uptime on periods of PvP in which nobody can do anything within the general area in which a reaper starts spamming shroud skills.

Necromancer needs meaningful re-works to its skills and overall role within the game. Merely giving reaper more damage and effective HP just makes other people's lives more miserable without really doing anything about why reaper was flawed or ineffective in the first place. It's a bad bandaid fix. If you really want a single necromancer change which would really improve its overall quality of life, I'd suggest something like:

> *Necromancers no longer gain life force from the deaths of ambient enemies.*

> *All skill-specific instances of life force gain are removed (Death Shroud skills and some traits will still generate flat, percentage-based amounts of life force).*

> **Soulreap (3s): For each stack, gain 0.5% life force every second.**

>Whenever a Necromancer successfully strikes a foe in combat, that player gains a stack of **Soulreap** (always a 3-second duration; stacks in intensity up to 5 times baseline). There is no internal cooldown on gaining Soulreap stacks (i.e. if a player strikes 5 foes at once with a single well pulse, that player can gain up to 5 Soulreap stacks). Whenever a player enters into shroud, that player immediately loses all active Soulreap stacks. Players cannot gain Soulreap stacks while in shroud.

>Certain skills (i.e. spectrals) and power-leaning traits or traitlines can temporarily increase the maximum amount of Soulreap stacks that one can have at a single time. Condition-leaning lines and traits will have minors and some majors embedded with trade-offs which passively (always in effect) reduce (typically by 1 stack per respective trait) the amount of *baseline* Soulreap stacks that a player can have at once.

>Should a player have a Soulreap stack total that is above that player's respective baseline maximum at the point at which a stack limit increase buff ends, that player's Soulreap stack is immediately reduced to that player's next highest stack limit atural maximum stack limit (i.e. if a player has 8 Soulreap stacks when Spectral Armor ends, and had no other Soulreap stack increase buffs active at the time, that player's stack limit is immediately reset to 5).

>* Power builds will retain high LF generation through attacking with potential ways to temporarily further increase LF generation by means of conditional triggers or specific actions. Condition builds will still steadily generate LF but at a slower baseline rate than power builds.

Maybe throw in a baseline total LF pool of 15% of one's maximum to which a necro would passively regenerate while outside of combat should one leave combat with less than 15% total LF. At least that way, a necro could enter into LF instantly or have a bit of a buffer should someone just do some cheap meme to avoid attacks for a protracted amount of time, thus denying any sort of active LF generation.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

>

> **Mirage:**

> - hard CC does deny mirage cloack access like it does for every other dodge in the game too.

>

> reason: currently mirage can not be punished in any way. Every single counterplay is nullified as long as the mirage has endurance.

>

>

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Again, however, Mesmer is just loaded with unfair mechanics, so it's a little hard to pin down any particular thing. It's sort of like whack-a-mole. If we outright removed Mirage, people would just move to CDreset-mancer; and even if that were removed, the class still has instant, OHKO stealth burst from 1200 range which still has built in defenses like distortion. It's really, really difficult to make Mesmer fair at this point without basically ripping the spine out of what the class has become over its powercreep trip. Really trashy situation.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > @"Dajas.4715" said:

> > > Applys to all classes... Remove all boons on weapons except warhorn.

> >

> > Why?

>

> I think he is alluding to the fact that boonspam has somewhat always been out of control. Which it kinda is, but IMO the problem comes more from traits than from weapon skills.

Pretty much this... There is just to easy access to boons from both traits and weapons but unfortunately i could only pick one thing and the weapons was the least complicated off the two to fix.

Besides there is nothing wrong with boons in the traits, it's just how much they are providing that is the problem, might being the worst offender... What every happened to blast finishing ?

> @"Dajas.4715" said:

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > @"Dajas.4715" said:

> > > > Applys to all classes... Remove all boons on weapons except warhorn.

> > >

> > > Why?

> >

> > I think he is alluding to the fact that boonspam has somewhat always been out of control. Which it kinda is, but IMO the problem comes more from traits than from weapon skills.

>

> Pretty much this... There is just to easy access to boons from both traits and weapons but unfortunately i could only pick one thing and the weapons was the least complicated off the two to fix.

>

> Besides there is nothing wrong with boons in the traits, it's just how much they are providing that is the problem, might being the worst offender... What every happened to blast finishing ?

>

Okay. What about just saying. . . remove Might from weapon skills. Then people could still blast finish and anet have the freedom to still make weapon skills have some counterplay and intrigue.

Cos might isn't the problems on the weapons, it just adds to it. > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Dajas.4715" said:

> > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > @"Dajas.4715" said:

> > > > > Applys to all classes... Remove all boons on weapons except warhorn.

> > > >

> > > > Why?

> > >

> > > I think he is alluding to the fact that boonspam has somewhat always been out of control. Which it kinda is, but IMO the problem comes more from traits than from weapon skills.

> >

> > Pretty much this... There is just to easy access to boons from both traits and weapons but unfortunately i could only pick one thing and the weapons was the least complicated off the two to fix.

> >

> > Besides there is nothing wrong with boons in the traits, it's just how much they are providing that is the problem, might being the worst offender... What every happened to blast finishing ?

> >

>

> Okay. What about just saying. . . remove Might from weapon skills. Then people could still blast finish and anet have the freedom to still make weapon skills have some counterplay and intrigue.

Co's might alone isn't the problem on weapons, it just adds to it.

The original post was for one balance change, the balance between the synergy of weapons and traits that has led boons get a bit out off hand would need a new post.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> This is kinda difficult, cuz many changes are needed, but here is a shot:

>

> Guardian: FB, reduce heal scaling of tome of resolve.

>

> Warrior: increase viability of dagger off hand.

>

> Rev: renegade, improve viability of summons by making them invulnerable (and change the daze).

>

> Mesmer: limit the clone creation from GS and staff summons to 1.

>

> Ele: not sure.

> Me:Ele could use some ways to access good amounts of auras, that would help quite bit.I think also ways to make some channels instant would be nice on some of those channels, especially since you have to stand around for quite a long time, and that could be a death sentence.I think also auras could use some changes, except maybe magnetic aura which is quite good as is.

> Necro: not sure. I think necro is in a good place. Maybe increase power scourge builds viability.

> Me:necros have many issues regarding the shroud its just that unless we finally get rid of shroud i doubt we will ever be able to have competitive dps. Reaper is held back by shroud.

> Ranger: soul beast, significantly lower boon stacking.

>

> Eng: holo, significantly lower boon stacking, specifically quickness, protection and might.

>

> Thief: deadeye, remove the invis on dodge. Create compensating mechanics as needed.

The rest i dont know.Ele and necros are the two classes i play the most, and enjoy the most.

Elementalist (Weaver): Remove cooldown on double attuning (replace that useless skill that allows you to double attune)

Mesmer: Reduce Clone spam (and fix bug of clones not disapearing)

Mesmer (Mirage): Remove dodge during actions. Give some bonus vigor to compensate.

Necromancer: Not Sure

Engineer: Not Sure

Ranger (Soulbeast): Remove unblockable uptime (remove either warhorn, signet or on merge, something needs to go, you shouldn't be able to stack 20 seconds of unblockables)

Ranger (Soulbeast): Nerf Moa stance & dolyak

Thief: Reduce damage from fan of knives by 25%

Guardian: Not Sure

Revenant (Renegade): On-death effects for summons

Warrior: Fast Hands baseline & discipline trait for move speed goes from melee weapon to any weapon.

guardian - judge's intervention can't be used if you have no line of sight

thief - can't use steal if you have no line of sight

revenant - phase traversal can't be used if you can't see your enemy

these skills/classes need more nerfs but since the thread is "one balance change " i'm following the thread

elementalist - i'd rework its hot elite spec because the concept of weaver is garbage with how skills swap

engineer - remove cast time from elixirs so the condi removal elixir can finally be useful and you dont die while stuck in a 1 sec animation and under fire or getting cced during it

ranger- this class needs a lot of changes but i guess the most pressing one would be plasma

warrior - make warhorn great again

necro - faster animations on most skills (except reaper related stuff)

mirage - revert the vigor nerf on mirage traitline

(if i had more changes id nerf staff auto attack right after)

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> Mesmer: Blinding Dissipation: Clones cause Blindness (3 sec) when they Shatter. (this can only activate once per shatter)

> Mirage: Infinite Horizon: The mirage cloak gained by clones does not make them invulnerable (they gain the icon though)

> Chronomancer: ChronoPantasma and Illusionary Reversion are now at the same tier

> Thief: Flanking Strike: No longer un-blockable

> Daredevil: Distracting Daggers: This skill no longer has ammo. This skill has a it's recharge reduced to 3 seconds if your successfully interrupt a foe with a dagger.

> Deadeye: Silent Scope: You no longer gain Stealth in dodge. Death's retreat has it's distance reduced to 400 and it's initiative reduced to 3.

> Guardian: Judges Intervention: Now has a 1/2 sec cast time (with animation)

> Dragon Hunter: Hunter's Determination: (New trait) Becoming stunned while near a Fragment of Faith consumes it instead.

> Firebrand: Nothing is glaring atm... it's also late.

> Ranger: Protective Ward: Now has no ICD and activates each time you lose 25% of your health in a single strike.

> Soulbeast: Dolyak Stance: Remove the damage and condition damage reduction. Stability stacks reduced to three.

> Druid: Celestial Shadow: Super speed and stealth are now only granted to you and your pet.

> Necromancer: Each mark now has a unique animation of it being summoned on the ground (visual tell)

> Reaper: Chilling Nova: Critically hitting a chilled foe deals damage and chills non-chilled nearby foes (remove ICD)

> Scourge: Reduce visual noise somehow. . . it's too late i gtg to bed otherwise would figure it out.

> Warrior: Defy Pain: Is replaced with a different trait

> Berserker: Sundering Leap: CD reduced to 15 sec. Damage increased to 800. Applies 2 seconds of Immobilize.

> Spellbreaker: Magebane Tether: Pull now only activates if you are facing your foe.

> Elementalist: Blinding Flash: Now has a 1/2 sec animation and requires you to be facing your foe.

> Engineer: Elixir S: Now cancels Stomp

> Holosmith: Thermal Release Valve: Now only reduces heat when in Photon Forge mode

> Scrapper: Shredder Gyro: Now regenerates health as it strikes foes.

> Revenant: Riposting Shadows: Now requires at least 30 energy but consumes all energy when used.

> Herald: Elemental Blase (consume): Now has a 1/2 sec cast time and deals 1/3 the damage it used to. This skill now deals 10% more damage for every 2 seconds of swiftness you have (max 200% more damage).

> Renegade: Summons: When summoned have 20% more health for each enemy within 1200 units.

>

WHY are you nerfing distracting daggers??? TF? The skill no one used since DD came out? Yikes.p

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> guardian - judge's intervention can't be used if you have no line of sight

> thief - can't use steal if you have no line of sight

> revenant - phase traversal can't be used if you can't see your enemy

>

> these skills/classes need more nerfs but since the thread is "one balance change " i'm following the thread

>

> elementalist - i'd rework its hot elite spec because the concept of weaver is garbage with how skills swap

> engineer - remove cast time from elixirs so the condi removal elixir can finally be useful and you dont die while stuck in a 1 sec animation and under fire or getting cced during it

> ranger- this class needs a lot of changes but i guess the most pressing one would be plasma

>

> warrior - make warhorn great again

> necro - faster animations on most skills (except reaper related stuff)

> mirage - revert the vigor nerf on mirage traitline

> (if i had more changes id nerf staff auto attack right after)

>

>

Funny how you don't mention illusionary ambush, or portal. I still can't tell if you're a master troll or actually serious, for your sake I hope it's the prior.