Pls fix your bikini armor

I am just sleep deprived and drunk enough to call Anet over sexism with their female armor skins, even tho that would be 'meow', but I'll control myself(this time).

Now seriously, how can this bikini( Phalanx_BIKINI

) and this masterpiece(Phalanx_ARMOR

) be the same armor skin for different genders?

Im NOT saying you should simply put the exact same armor for both sexes, (BUT ANYTHING IS BETHER THAN THIS 'reeeeeee' BIKINI) but who had the idea to ruin the helm that much?

This is supposed to be a """premium""" armor skin, but for females, it's total garbage worse than many free skins.

To be fair with the design, they have improved A LOT recently(gw240)

), but the fact that a """premium""" armor is simply a 'meow' metal bikini is still here.

Is there a chance we will EVER see the Phalanx bikiniarmor skin redesigned for females(along with other armor skins, but they r not important lol) to look cool like the male design? At least the helm?

I was planing to buy the armor, as it is one of the best male heavy armor skins, if not the best, but one of my main characters is female with heavy armor and as you guys can see, the skin, specially the helm, is just ugly in the female form.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayumu.7540" said:

> I am just sleep deprived and drunk enough to call Anet over sexism with their female armor skins, even tho that would be 'meow', but I'll control myself(this time).

> Now seriously, how can this bikini( Phalanx_BIKINI

> ) and this masterpiece(Phalanx_ARMOR

> ) be the same armor skin for different genders?

> Im NOT saying you should simply put the exact same armor for both sexes, (BUT ANYTHING IS BETHER THAN THIS 'reeeeeee' BIKINI) but who had the idea to ruin the helm that much?

> This is supposed to be a """premium""" armor skin, but for females, it's total garbage worse than many free skins.

> To be fair with the design, they have improved A LOT recently(gw240)

> ), but the fact that a """premium""" armor is simply a 'meow' metal bikini is still here.

> Is there a chance we will EVER see the Phalanx bikiniarmor skin redesigned for females(along with other armor skins, but they r not important lol) to look cool like the male design? At least the helm?

> I was planing to buy the armor, as it is one of the best male heavy armor skins, if not the best, but one of my main characters is female with heavy armor and as you guys can see, the skin, specially the helm, is just ugly in the female form.

Lolno

Oh, here we go again. Everything is sexist. Waaah. The female version of the helm looks cool, in my opinion. The male version of the helm looks dorky with those giant wing-things on the side.

Also, if that's what you call a "bikini"...I'm not sure what to tell you.

Hmmmmm. If you think that’s a metal bikini then you’re going to get an eyeful the first time you ever go to a swimming pool.

As for that armor, try looking up the concept of mix and match. It’s amazing how using bits and pieces from different sets can make unique looks. And you need sets of armors with different looks for this to work.

People need to learn to differentiate between SEXY and SEXISM.

Your characters are not forced to dress up a certain way, that's on you. If you want a sexy character that's fine. If you don't, then you don't have to dress them that way. My main is a female Norn Warrior and for the longest time she was hidden beneath thick armor plates that made most people think my character was male, if it wasn't for her name that I just recently changed to make it more obvious.

For fun, I have changed to an outfit I wouldn't have given her before, really enjoying the variety that's possible in the game.

![](https://i.imgur.com/cm3EsjA.jpg "")

Gladly showing off those abs on the battlefield.

> @"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:

> The official response to this is that there will be continue to be both types of armour, both practical and unpractical.

It would have been a good response, if it was about different armor sets. In this case (and many others) it's _the same armor_. Practical for men, unpractical for women (and never the other way). The existence of unpractical armors is in itself fine. It's the imbalance that is the problem.

I'm a girl and I find this game overly conservative, if anything, being a lipstick lesbian and all.

I've seen many threads like this, calling all the armor "skimpy", when in reality, its hard to find that stuff on heavies, its completely non-existant on mediums, pretty much only applicable to lights (in which -even the males wear dresses-, the opposite of sexism), and if you're an Asura or a Charr, you're pretty much out of luck for anything pretty or showing any skin. There's a few options, but its very bare (no pun intended).

If anything heavies, mediums(especially!), Asura, Charr, and males of all races need more pretty and showey things. I've heard the "my Norn can't bear his chest" complaint much more often than the "my Human female can't hide her chest" complaint.

Though I really wish they would allow flatter chests on Norn females, its like walking around with a few rocket launchers. Boobs are nice but when even your smallest setting is "I have to have my bras specially made" its a bit silly.

I find it hilarious that every single time someone creates a thread complaining about skimpy armor, phalanx armor is always one of the examples that is used. Yes, it is very different between males and females, but let me tell you a secret. If you look at actual historical phalanxes you will see that in this case the female version is far more historically accurate than the male one.

![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Two_hoplites.jpg "")

![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Macedonian_phalanx.jpg "")

The only issue I see is the double standard. The female version of the set has an open helm, cleavage, mini skirt, garter straps and heels while the male version of the set is full, sensible, plate armour. IMO there's no sexism IF both male and female versions of the same set are around the same amount of coverage. I like that this game has options for both styles of dressing your character both sensible and skimpy. However, I've always felt this should be split into two sets since the versions are so dissimilar in aesthetic that they look entirely separate, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> I find it hilarious that every single time someone creates a thread complaining about skimpy armor, phalanx armor is always one of the examples that is used. Yes, it is very different between males and females, but let me tell you a secret. If you look at actual historical phalanxes you will see that in this case the female version is far more historically accurate than the male one.

It's not "historical inaccuracy" that is a problem. It's the very difference between male and female version you acknowledge here. If Anet either made female version more fullplate, in the current male style, made male version more revealing, in the current female style, or made two sets, one more open, one more covered, there would be no problem whatsoever. But no, they decided to made male and female version heavily different in style to a point they might as well be two different sets.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > I find it hilarious that every single time someone creates a thread complaining about skimpy armor, phalanx armor is always one of the examples that is used. Yes, it is very different between males and females, but let me tell you a secret. If you look at actual historical phalanxes you will see that in this case the female version is far more historically accurate than the male one.

> It's not "historical inaccuracy" that is a problem. It's the very difference between male and female version you acknowledge here. If Anet either made female version more fullplate, in the current male style, made male version more revealing, in the current female style, or made two sets, one more open, one more covered, there would be no problem whatsoever. But no, they decided to made male and female version heavily different in style to a point they might as well be two different sets.

>

>

That is true, but many of the complaints that I see suggest for the female version to become more like the male version while it should be the other way around. The male version should have been more like the female version. It looks nothing like a phalanx, and it would have been one of the more unique male heavy armors if it did. The current male version looks pretty generic to me.

> @"Ayumu.7540" said:

> I am just sleep deprived and drunk enough to call Anet over sexism with their female armor skins, even tho that would be 'meow', but I'll control myself(this time).

> Now seriously, how can this bikini( Phalanx_BIKINI

> ) and this masterpiece(Phalanx_ARMOR

> ) be the same armor skin for different genders?

> Im NOT saying you should simply put the exact same armor for both sexes, (BUT ANYTHING IS BETHER THAN THIS 'reeeeeee' BIKINI) but who had the idea to ruin the helm that much?

> This is supposed to be a """premium""" armor skin, but for females, it's total garbage worse than many free skins.

> To be fair with the design, they have improved A LOT recently(gw240)

> ), but the fact that a """premium""" armor is simply a 'meow' metal bikini is still here.

> Is there a chance we will EVER see the Phalanx bikiniarmor skin redesigned for females(along with other armor skins, but they r not important lol) to look cool like the male design? At least the helm?

> I was planing to buy the armor, as it is one of the best male heavy armor skins, if not the best, but one of my main characters is female with heavy armor and as you guys can see, the skin, specially the helm, is just ugly in the female form.

They could made all skins gender neutral also shows no gender shapes face hair and its whats should been made for some but in realism there wasnt much female heavy amor then plate amor was used.

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > @"Ayumu.7540" said:

> > I am just sleep deprived and drunk enough to call Anet over sexism with their female armor skins, even tho that would be 'meow', but I'll control myself(this time).

> > Now seriously, how can this bikini( Phalanx_BIKINI

> > ) and this masterpiece(Phalanx_ARMOR

> > ) be the same armor skin for different genders?

> > Im NOT saying you should simply put the exact same armor for both sexes, (BUT ANYTHING IS BETHER THAN THIS 'reeeeeee' BIKINI) but who had the idea to ruin the helm that much?

> > This is supposed to be a """premium""" armor skin, but for females, it's total garbage worse than many free skins.

> > To be fair with the design, they have improved A LOT recently(gw240)

> > ), but the fact that a """premium""" armor is simply a 'meow' metal bikini is still here.

> > Is there a chance we will EVER see the Phalanx bikiniarmor skin redesigned for females(along with other armor skins, but they r not important lol) to look cool like the male design? At least the helm?

> > I was planing to buy the armor, as it is one of the best male heavy armor skins, if not the best, but one of my main characters is female with heavy armor and as you guys can see, the skin, specially the helm, is just ugly in the female form.

>

> They could made all skins gender neutral also shows no gender shapes face hair and its whats should been made for some but in realism there wasnt much female heavy amor then plate amor was used.

The problem with that is that this is a guaranteed way of making a majority of people find them unappealing. Many games have tried things like this, they all ended with people beng bored of the lack of creative design and especially the lack of sexappeal in one form or another.

There is realism and there is fantasy. I greatly prefer variety over enforced gender neutrality in my games. This seems to be the case with the majority of the playerbase, both male and female. Thus they will continue to design a wide variety of armor.

May I please have what you're smoking?

On topic: I like the more revealing armor, namely because I can't wear that kind of thing in real life (I'm short and fat, it doesn't look as good.) so my characters get to look cute/sexy. And as stated above, these outfits are pretty tame compared to some other MMOs that shall remain nameless. XD