So i bought PoF..

Scoobaniec.9561

Which is at least year old expansion and i am curious about 1 thing.. And not even about Kalla but.. why the short bow is so unpolished trash?

Auto is basically next to 0 power damage and a 3sec bleed? Is that meant to tickle with the pony legendary shortbow for memes?

Sevenshot has literally the worst aiming mechanic i have yet to see in any game

Spiritcrush cant be aimed behind you unlike all other skills in the game that function the same way. Wtf?

Scorchrazor regardless of where your target is, it will always fire in front of you.. k

Hot garbage bruh. What are the devs doing in their work hours?

It's the biggest dissapointing thing I tried out in this game. Of course it has it's niche in PvE (very meh tho) but PvP/WvW wise herald can do things much better. Renegade just feels slow and unprotected and it's very mediocre summons can be CC'd and killed easily. And tbh I'd rather play core which is a joke lol

> hopefully, the dev(s) involved w/ shortbow was one of the many who got fired.

:open_mouth:

Careful though, GW2 knights-protectors may come out and report you

The design of Renegade makes me fear for any future elite spec for the Revenant. PvE folks seem to be happy enough with it because it improves condi dps and gives 10-man Alacrity (which can be helpful for a comped WvW squad), but it is such a hot mess of a spec that I'd rather they just don't try to salvage anything to make it work better in PvP/WvW. I remember how excited I was for it when all the specs got leaked, and then playing it during the demo weekend was just....utter disappointment. At least the animations look better now?

To me the spec design is so thoughtless. I fell in love with core Rev because of how interesting and unique each legend felt. Not to say it is a perfect class, but Renegade feels like it has no vision beyond giant AoEs and Alacrity tacked on because why not?

Renegade did nothing to encourage or promote cross-legend synergy, which is what the class needs to feel more cohesive. Arenanet's design team is such a talented group of insanely creative people and there are so many amazing and unique concepts that have been implemented, but of all the 18 elite specs that are in the game, Renegade is dead last for me. At least it means that our next e-spec legend most likely won't be a charr. I speak with a lot of bias in my words, but that's just because I love the class to pieces. Minus the whole Renegade thing.

Yeah it's a poor spec lore and weapon wise although it's fun enough in PvE. The rotation is interesting and your utility is alright as you can dole out lifesteal to team mates plus an aoe heal. The aoe breakbar demolisher is also neat. Seven shot just should not exist though, and the shortbow in general is a bit pants and "impactless" plus Kalla just doesn't do it for me as a legend. The previous elite is a frigging dragon and now we get an angry cat lady who inspired a social revolution, meh. Assuming GW2 gets another expansion I hope our next legend feels less lame, even though technically Kalla fills a niche that was missing as a PvE condition spec with group utility.

> @"nosleepdemon.1368" said:

> Yeah it's a poor spec lore and weapon wise although it's fun enough in PvE. The rotation is interesting and your utility is alright as you can dole out lifesteal to team mates plus an aoe heal. The aoe breakbar demolisher is also neat. Seven shot just should not exist though, and the shortbow in general is a bit pants and "impactless" plus Kalla just doesn't do it for me as a legend. The previous elite is a frigging dragon and now we get an angry cat lady who inspired a social revolution, meh. Assuming GW2 gets another expansion I hope our next legend feels less lame, even though technically Kalla fills a niche that was missing as a PvE condition spec with group utility.

The power rotation is basically Sword 2 + kalla. How is that interesting? You auto attack 90% of the time because you can't really spend energy.

Icereazer is also single target while it could be easily cleave with so much counterplay and mediocre damage.

Spirits should be immune to cc or damage. They are rendered useless way too easy. Sevenshot is a total design mess. Was designed with stupid roleplay in mind.

Energy costs on everything are enormous.

Try playing renegade in fractals. Spirits are perma cc'd so often that they might not even exist in some places. Some mechanics also instakill them. A+ design. Only spend half my energy on one anyways.

So, here's what I think about the whole Renegade thing.

>Elite Spec or Core Legend?

So, Renegade could be a fine legend and traitline if it was part of the core Revenant since HoT launch, and we would be able to use it with other E-Specs. On its own this might be the worst design I've ever seen' unenjoyable, boring, uninteractive, unentertaining not intuitive at all (you know, _warband_).

I was thinking about it and if Kalla / **Pyre Fierceshot** was the part of Rev since the beginning it would make a lot of sense and could be quite nice.

>Does Renegade even use energy system?

So, does it? Except draining the heck out of your energy bar, the Renegade brings nothing to the Revenant's gameplay around energy. It provides no use for maintaining high energy, using it, keeping it, nothing, it does nothing. Just spam your skills off CD and swap the legend.

>The Shortbow

_This weapon turns you into the member of Kalla's warband! Which is basically stand still and spam!_

Who thought this weapon was a good idea? First, Kalla's been using Greatsword, not Shortbow, period. Second, Ranger's and Thef's SBs have dodge mechanics which help them with melee targets. Now longbow - this would make a lot more sense because Warrior, Guardian and Ranger (ecept stealth) are using a very stationary playstyle but are rewarded for dealing heavy damage.

>Traitline

Traitline is weird. I don't know what's the deal with any of the traits except giving SB ability to pierce. Other traits are so random and are designed around random buff which you can't play around at all.

>Kalla's Fervor

This buff is non-existent in playstyle of Revenant. You just have it the moment you enter combat and forget about it. They might as well just give the Renegade X condition damage and X Ferocity for free.

- You don't build up adrenaline for Burst Skill / Primal Burst

- You don't spawn clones to give you various effects

- You don't affect your spirits

- You don't affect your allies

- It's just there, a random damage buff

>Kalla Scorchrazor vs. Pyre Fierceshot

Why Kalla if you wanted to make a legend wielding Shortbow? Pyre Fierceshot was there, just waiting in front of us, screaming.

Kalla was an important character but that doesn't make her fit Renegade's theme. If you go for Kalla - give Revenant a GS and GS folks are happy. If not, don't randomly generate a lore /or lack of it (because you know, Renegades worn Shortbows!) just for the legend to make sense.

When you pick a Charr legend then - If you go for Kalla, go for Greatsword. If you go for Shortbow, go with Pyre Fierceshot. _But Revenant lacked strong female legends!_ - Then make one, but don't justify poor choice of lore and abilities just for the sake of making an E-Spec.

>Conclusion

Renegade is due for a rework. And I'm talking like the first _huge rework_. It needs it. The class needs it because this is the most poorly designed E-Spec in the whole Guild Wars. As if someone just hated doing and designing it.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"nosleepdemon.1368" said:

> > Yeah it's a poor spec lore and weapon wise although it's fun enough in PvE. The rotation is interesting and your utility is alright as you can dole out lifesteal to team mates plus an aoe heal. The aoe breakbar demolisher is also neat. Seven shot just should not exist though, and the shortbow in general is a bit pants and "impactless" plus Kalla just doesn't do it for me as a legend. The previous elite is a frigging dragon and now we get an angry cat lady who inspired a social revolution, meh. Assuming GW2 gets another expansion I hope our next legend feels less lame, even though technically Kalla fills a niche that was missing as a PvE condition spec with group utility.

>

> The power rotation is basically Sword 2 + kalla. How is that interesting? You auto attack 90% of the time because you can't really spend energy.

> Icereazer is also single target while it could be easily cleave with so much counterplay and mediocre damage.

> Spirits should be immune to cc or damage. They are rendered useless way too easy. Sevenshot is a total design mess. Was designed with stupid roleplay in mind.

> Energy costs on everything are enormous.

> Try playing renegade in fractals. Spirits are perma cc'd so often that they might not even exist in some places. Some mechanics also instakill them. A+ design. Only spend half my energy on one anyways.

I was referring to the condition spec mace/axe and shortbow, not power. I play that spec (condi) in standard t4s, it does well enough. Spirits are quickly subdued yeah, I think that the lore got in the way of the mechanics for Kalla. The devs basically said she was a diversity hire.

Kalla is definitely the worst of the 2nd gen elite specs, I remember when each spec was revealed in a video and the developers did not know how Kalla worked, her defining trait at the time was shooting arrows into the mists that would hit opponents from random directions. It was rather unfortunate.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> Try playing renegade in fractals. Spirits are perma cc'd so often that they might not even exist in some places. Some mechanics also instakill them. A+ design. Only spend half my energy on one anyways.

It's funny how almost every 100/99CM speed run attempt last patch revolved around a Diviner's Renegade using Kalla Spirits to function as the groups healer. It's almost like maybe you have to place them with at least a little bit of thought and not just face roll the keyboard at the boss. :bleep_bloop:

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > Try playing renegade in fractals. Spirits are perma cc'd so often that they might not even exist in some places. Some mechanics also instakill them. A+ design. Only spend half my energy on one anyways.

>

> It's funny how almost every 100/99CM speed run attempt last patch revolved around a Diviner's Renegade using Kalla Spirits to function as the groups healer. It's almost like maybe you have to place them with at least a little bit of thought and not just face roll the keyboard at the boss. :bleep_bloop:

>

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > Try playing renegade in fractals. Spirits are perma cc'd so often that they might not even exist in some places. Some mechanics also instakill them. A+ design. Only spend half my energy on one anyways.

>

> It's funny how almost every 100/99CM speed run attempt last patch revolved around a Diviner's Renegade using Kalla Spirits to function as the groups healer. It's almost like maybe you have to place them with at least a little bit of thought and not just face roll the keyboard at the boss. :bleep_bloop:

>

I am the diviner rene in that kind of groups. Thats why I complain. They work just fine in cms but they are completely useless in other places. Almost impossible to place them good in chaos fractal. Flux bomb insta kills them. Last laugh cc's them etc...

Mai trin circles can also oneshot them. Kalla spirit is the only spirit thats powerful enough to justify that behaviour anyways. Icerazor is not even usuable vs trash. Why tf is that single target? Jalis got also destroyed in last patch so they nerfed power rene dps quite a bit in pve without any reason.

Thats the weapon i made up by combining some skills back in 2016 (basically spear+dh lb3) and was meant to be made baseline. Either a rifle or longbow

1. Sphere of Anguish - Fire a shoot towards your target. Inflict increasing durations of torment, the farther away that your foe is from you.

-Damage; 135 (0.45)

-Torment:

800+ range - 5sec

400-800 range - 4sec

0-400 range - 3sec

-Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile 20%

-3/4 sec cast time

-Number of targets; 1

2. Venomous Spheres - Fire three poisoned spheres towards your foe.

-Damage (x3): 70 (0.20)

-Poison: 3x, 5 sec duration

-Cd; 4

-Cast time: 1sec

-Pierces

-Number of targets: 5

-Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile

3. Frigid Sphere - Fire a frigid sphere towards your foe deflecting projectiles on it way and chilling opponents as it pass through.

-Damage: 165 (0.5)

-Chill: 2 seconds

-Radius: 120

-Cd: 8

-Cast time: 1/4

-Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile

-Pierces

-Energy cost: 5

4. Igniting Sphere - Ignite target area, burning nearby foes.

-Damage (x4): 125 (0.4)

-Burning: 2x, 2sec

-Radius: 240

-Cd; 12

-Cast time: 3/4

-Combo Field: Fire

-Duration; 3 seconds

-Pulses: 4

-Ground targeted

-Energy cost: 10

5. Diabolic Eruption - Blast the ground, damaging and immobilizing your foes. Upon blasting shadowstep backward.

-Damage: 335 (1.0)

-Immobilize: 2sec

-Cast time: 1/2

-Cd: 15sec

-Shadowstep range: 600

-Combo Finisher: Blast

-Energy cost: 15

How hard it was to make something viable? Who made this potato called shortbow that is trying to act like a longbow but without the range and damage?

> @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> Thats the weapon i made up by combining some skills back in 2016 (basically spear+dh lb3) and was meant to be made baseline. Either a rifle or longbow

>

> 1. Sphere of Anguish - Fire a shoot towards your target. Inflict increasing durations of torment, the farther away that your foe is from you.

>

> -Damage; 135 (0.45)

> -Torment:

> 800+ range - 5sec

> 400-800 range - 4sec

> 0-400 range - 3sec

> -Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile 20%

> -3/4 sec cast time

> -Number of targets; 1

>

> 2. Venomous Spheres - Fire three poisoned spheres towards your foe.

>

> -Damage (x3): 70 (0.20)

> -Poison: 3x, 5 sec duration

> -Cd; 4

> -Cast time: 1sec

> -Pierces

> -Number of targets: 5

> -Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile

>

>

> 3. Frigid Sphere - Fire a frigid sphere towards your foe deflecting projectiles on it way and chilling opponents as it pass through.

>

> -Damage: 165 (0.5)

> -Chill: 2 seconds

> -Radius: 120

> -Cd: 8

> -Cast time: 1/4

> -Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile

> -Pierces

> -Energy cost: 5

>

> 4. Igniting Sphere - Ignite target area, burning nearby foes.

>

> -Damage (x4): 125 (0.4)

> -Burning: 2x, 2sec

> -Radius: 240

> -Cd; 12

> -Cast time: 3/4

> -Combo Field: Fire

> -Duration; 3 seconds

> -Pulses: 4

> -Ground targeted

> -Energy cost: 10

>

>

>

>

> 5. Diabolic Eruption - Blast the ground, damaging and immobilizing your foes. Upon blasting shadowstep backward.

>

>

> -Damage: 335 (1.0)

> -Immobilize: 2sec

> -Cast time: 1/2

> -Cd: 15sec

> -Shadowstep range: 600

> -Combo Finisher: Blast

> -Energy cost: 15

>

>

> How hard it was to make something viable? Who made this potato called shortbow that is trying to act like a longbow but without the range and damage?

In fairness that sounds worse than the shortbow :p

Renegade is due for a rework, but your criticisms demonstrate a dire misunderstanding of the game. You need to consider the place of Shortbow as part of a whole rather than an individual weapon.

First of all, Shortbow can inflict *PERMANENT* slow using Spiritbane. I agree it should be able to be cast behind you. However, flaws aside, no other class can maintain Slow as well as Renegade with this one skill. Not even Chronomancer. This is not only additional damage for any class who benefits from amount of conditions on foes, but it will also buff Chronomancer DPS if you go for team build.

Secondly, Scorchrazor is an awesome hard-CC with a long reach, large radius, and lengthy knockdown.

Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes. It's actually a considerable dps increase, so much so it is part of the raid dps rotation. It's also good for decreasing your own energy supply, which you want to do to proc Charged Mists.

I won't deny there are some issues with Renegade, especially Shortbow. But as you can see above, Shortbow has a lot of uses. The Renegade spec is in a very healthy state in PvE. It was the top dps on large hitboxes until a nerf just recently. It also provides a ton of support while not really sacrificing much of its own personal damage either. Where Renegade needs fixing is PvP.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> Renegade is due for a rework, but your criticisms deonstrate a dire misunderstanding of the game. You need to consider the place of Shortbow as part of a whole rather than an individual weapon.

>

> First of all, Shortbow can inflict *PERMANENT* slow using Spiritbane. I agree it should be able to be cast behind you. However, flaws aside, no other class can maintain Slow as well as Renegade with this one skill. Not even Chronomancer. This is not only additional damage for any class who benefits from amount of conditions on foes, but it will also buff Chronomancer DPS if you go for team build.

>

> Secondly, Scorchrazor is an awesome hard-CC with a long reach, large radius, and lengthy knockdown.

>

> Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes. It's actually a considerable dps increase, so much so it is part of the raid dps rotation rotation. It's also good for decreasing your own energy supply, which you want to do to proc Charged Mists.

>

> I won't deny there are some issues with Renegade, especially Shortbow. But as you can see above, Shortbow has a lot of uses. The Renegade spec is in a very healthy state in PvE. It was the top dps on large hitboxes until a nerf just recently. It also provides a ton of support while not really sacrificing much of its own personal damage either. Where Renegade needs fixing is PvP.

In pve anything works really. The thing is we were asking for a ranged condi wep for pvp purposes where shortbow completely fails. But after a years ive accepted gw2 as a full 100% pve game.

That said "Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes" where you have that statement from? Cause i doubt any dev have said it. It would be a desing failure, wouldnt surprise me tho given current state of swords.

> In pve anything works really... But after a years ive accepted gw2 as a full 100% pve game.

Wrong.

Some builds are better than others in different situations. And it just so happens that when combined with Mace/Axe, Shortbow is extremely powerful in raids.

> That said "Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes" where you have that statement from? Cause i doubt any dev have said it. It would be a desing failure, wouldnt surprise me tho

Have you not seen the hitbox ingame?

> > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > In pve anything works really... But after a years ive accepted gw2 as a full 100% pve game.

>

> Wrong.

>

> Some builds are better than others in different situations. And it just so happens that when combined with Mace/Axe, Shortbow is extremely powerful in raids.

>

> > That said "Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes" where you have that statement from? Cause i doubt any dev have said it. It would be a desing failure, wouldnt surprise me tho

>

> Have you not seen the hitbox ingame?

No, i play on insta cast. Hitbox means nothing. Jfl whats the point of a skill to be usable only on large targets and be completely useless everywhere else? What makes you think its a good desing?

See rev is the only oe who suffer from some ridiculous ideas. No other class. I mean i have yet to see a skill outside of rev that splits damage with number of targets.

Like i said long ago. Imagine what if for example warrior gs2 had reduced damage to group of mobs. Backstab etc. Ridiculous. That also apply to said hitbox.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> Shortbow autoattack has higher base damage + scaling than the other shortbows (ranger + thief) in the game. Just saying.

Worthy point ... people should take notice that weapon families do appear to follow some set of characteristics across classes. Rev, Thief and Ranger Short bow are basically a pretty even split between condi and direct DPS. In otherwords, they aren't really good at either, so if people don't build with that in mind, the DPS is going to really suck.

Not saying Rev SBow is in any great place mind you ... it just seems to follow the 'SBow design' parameters Anet has in place. To be fair, I don't think it's DPS is as bad as people think if taking a Grieving/Viper setup.

It's probably just the case that like we see on other classes, the espec design favours certain game modes more than others. I can imagine it's pretty difficult to deliver a espec that is going to be equally useful in all three game modes.

>Jfl whats the point of a skill to be usable only on large targets and be completely useless everywhere else? What makes you think its a good desing?

It's not useless. You can use it on smallhitbox too and it's still considered a dps increase. It also uses up a lot of energy, which is actually a good thing in context of Charged Mists builds. Lastly, you can still use it in ranged situations.

>No other class. I mean i have yet to see a skill outside of rev that splits damage with number of targets.

Ranger, Mesmer.

> No, i play on insta cast. Hitbox means nothing.

git gud

> > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > In pve anything works really... But after a years ive accepted gw2 as a full 100% pve game.

> >

> > Wrong.

> >

> > Some builds are better than others in different situations. And it just so happens that when combined with Mace/Axe, Shortbow is extremely powerful in raids.

> >

> > > That said "Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes" where you have that statement from? Cause i doubt any dev have said it. It would be a desing failure, wouldnt surprise me tho

> >

> > Have you not seen the hitbox ingame?

>

> No, i play on insta cast. Hitbox means nothing. Jfl whats the point of a skill to be usable only on large targets and be completely useless everywhere else? What makes you think its a good desing?

>

> See rev is the only oe who suffer from some ridiculous ideas. No other class. I mean i have yet to see a skill outside of rev that splits damage with number of targets.

> Like i said long ago. Imagine what if for example warrior gs2 had reduced damage to group of mobs. Backstab etc. Ridiculous. That also apply to said hitbox.

Pretty much every projectile skill with multiple missiles in the game follows these principles tho... At least Renegades' shotbow shots pierce (when traited), which allows things like 7shot to cleave large balls of targets, instead of just getting body blocked and divided up.

Everything else (with the exception of UA) comes down to positioning and is up to you whether you want it to hit multiple targets or not.

> >Jfl whats the point of a skill to be usable only on large targets and be completely useless everywhere else? What makes you think its a good desing?

> It's not useless. You can use it on smallhitbox too and it's still considered a dps increase. It also uses up a lot of energy, which is actually a good thing in context of Charged Mists builds. Lastly, you can still use it in ranged situations.

>

> >No other class. I mean i have yet to see a skill outside of rev that splits damage with number of targets.

> Ranger, Mesmer.

>

> > No, i play on insta cast. Hitbox means nothing.

>

> git gud

>

Which skills? The cope of UA in ranger annnnd..?

Also lol at "git gud" you are talking to someone who has master division in Smite and was legendary rank here 4 times in a row before i stopped playing. What achievement you have? Yep !clear

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > In pve anything works really... But after a years ive accepted gw2 as a full 100% pve game.

> > >

> > > Wrong.

> > >

> > > Some builds are better than others in different situations. And it just so happens that when combined with Mace/Axe, Shortbow is extremely powerful in raids.

> > >

> > > > That said "Sevenshot is intended to be used on large hitbox foes" where you have that statement from? Cause i doubt any dev have said it. It would be a desing failure, wouldnt surprise me tho

> > >

> > > Have you not seen the hitbox ingame?

> >

> > No, i play on insta cast. Hitbox means nothing. Jfl whats the point of a skill to be usable only on large targets and be completely useless everywhere else? What makes you think its a good desing?

> >

> > See rev is the only oe who suffer from some ridiculous ideas. No other class. I mean i have yet to see a skill outside of rev that splits damage with number of targets.

> > Like i said long ago. Imagine what if for example warrior gs2 had reduced damage to group of mobs. Backstab etc. Ridiculous. That also apply to said hitbox.

>

> Pretty much every projectile skill with multiple missiles in the game follows these principles tho... At least Renegades' shotbow shots pierce (when traited), which allows things like 7shot to cleave large balls of targets, instead of just getting body blocked and divided up.

>

> Everything else (with the exception of UA) comes down to positioning and is up to you whether you want it to hit multiple targets or not.

>

When it comes to splitting dmg i am talking about sword 2, 3, 4. Its literally impossible to position in many cases to hit just 1 target and even then its a huge dps loss from pve point bc i rather aa few mobs at once than try to isolate them 1 by 1. Pvp wise a ranger has a free 50% reduction to rev sword, in case of mesmer or scrapper with gyros it even worse. I mean just look at rev sword and scrapper hammer.. there is literally no reason for sword to split it damage, it never made sense, and it never will.

As for a shortbow i have no issues, most if not all ranged weapons can pierce when trainer, and most important they do not need a "large target" to hit a "full" skill