Homeless roamers

spectrito.8513

I guess I could call myself a roamer. I don't find most zergs very fun, so I usually end up running solo unless I find a small group.

I disagree with the OP about the Warclaw. The thing is with a roamer, you *don't* want to fight everything you see. You want to pick objectives you think you can win, and fight opponents you think you can beat. The warclaw makes it very handy to avoid enemy zergs or groups (or even single players that you *know* you can't beat). Picking those fights carefully makes you a better roamer, and you really need to pick those fights carefully, especially because disengaging will be harder when they also have the warclaw.

What people don't seem to get about the warclaw: it is a *flanking mount*. It's essentially the horse people have been asking for. You don't charge it into a group of enemies. You don't charge through a group of enemies. You charge *around or past* a group of enemies, flanking them, and then either attack from another angle or access a camp/tower that you couldn't without the mobility and immunity to CC. For low-mobility classes like core guardian, it is definitely an equalizer and a blessing when a higher-mobility class is blocking your access to an objective. Keep it out of 1200 range and go around if they're not mounted as well.

With the additional speed, it's also easier to run supply to a catapult I'm building, so soloing towers is a lot faster. Soloing multiple camps/shrines/guard points in rapid succession is easier. And charging up runes like bloodlust is a lot faster too, because of the additional speed boost warclaw damage on mobs.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a solo roamer, I like the Warclaw because it means I don't have to eat an unblockable Sic 'Em Rapid Fire and near instantly die. I actually can engage with the gap closed now. Call that exploiting or abusing how the mount works, but frankly I don't care because I like that I actually have a fighting chance against gank builds like this that normally would demolish me. If they choose to blow their cooldowns on some cheap burst like this, that is their decision. The reality is that mounts exist in the gamemode now and need to be adapted to. If I am being attacked by more than one person as a solo roamer, it is clear they are not looking for a fair fight, so why should I have to accommodate them? I will use my Warclaw to even the playing field more, baiting cooldowns and abusing distance. It is part of the playstyle now and I appreciate it. If I want a fair and consensual fight, I will simply duel the person. Most people in WvW are not looking for this.

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> I guess I could call myself a roamer. I don't find most zergs very fun, so I usually end up running solo unless I find a small group.

>

> I disagree with the OP about the Warclaw. The thing is with a roamer, you *don't* want to fight everything you see. You want to pick objectives you think you can win, and fight opponents you think you can beat. The warclaw makes it very handy to avoid enemy zergs or groups (or even single players that you *know* you can't beat). Picking those fights carefully makes you a better roamer, and you really need to pick those fights carefully, especially because disengaging will be harder when they also have the warclaw.

So you think you'll get good by fighting only people you judge worse than you ?

>

> What people don't seem to get about the warclaw: it is a *flanking mount*

I'd rather say it's a *ganking mount*.

>

> With the additional speed, it's also easier to run supply to a catapult I'm building, so soloing towers is a lot faster. Soloing multiple camps/shrines/guard points in rapid succession is easier. And charging up runes like bloodlust is a lot faster too, because of the additional speed boost warclaw damage on mobs.

>

Yeah its a lot faster but the 10 enemies coming to defend their objectives are even faster

In your definition or roaming and ganking; Warclaw **helps** roaming but hinders ganking.

Your own definition of a ganker: a ganker is a player who is looking for a easy fight against people who cant fight back / a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

_what do you expect with a player running back solo from spawn clearly B-lining towards their keep or SM? Are they decked in both PvP gear and sporting a build to match (as they are running in WvW?), 99% chance they aren't, they should be an easy kill. Warclaw obviously screws this up royally_

Roamer: is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight

_Warclaw in fact helps this play because it's easier to get from objective to objective and **face other like players** whom are doing the same_

I'm not a ganker, but often roam in a small group with the guild. We don't park ourselves between spawn and their keep, or between their keep and SM. We also don't linger around any of the sentry points near the enemies spawns like gankers often do. We take camps in enemy territory, we try to ninja towers in enemy territory when their main zerg is busy. If we encounter defenders, we fight. Warclaw immensely helps this because of the mobility; this is undeniable.

Now if our main purpose was to linger around between spawn and keep, or the keep and sm or any of the nearby sentry points hoping to ambush players going by, that is ganking. Obviously if one of those players is on warclaw, it's exponentially more difficult to try and dismount them to kill them. Aka warclaw eliminates ganking. If you were an actual roamer and not a ganker, then you'd understand why Warclaw immensely helps with that purpose. You could even as a small group of roamers attempt to ward of a zerg attempting to ninja a tower if all of you had warclaw.

I honestly think where even more of the salt is coming from in regards to mounts is the actual gankers are getting insta killed by trailing "zerglings" killing them downed with superior battle maul. It's not hard to down somebody, but it can be tricky to finish them off with other enemies around. Warclaw instantly eliminates that, and I know that is like rubbing salt deeper in the wound.

> @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > I guess I could call myself a roamer. I don't find most zergs very fun, so I usually end up running solo unless I find a small group.

> >

> > Picking those fights carefully makes you a better roamer, and you really need to pick those fights carefully, especially because disengaging will be harder when they also have the warclaw.

> So you think you'll get good by fighting only people you judge worse than you ?

If you're solo-roaming in WvW, you are not trying to "get good". I was talking about being a good *roamer* not a good *fighter*. These are completely different things. Fighting everything that moves just isn't wise if your goal is to capture and hold smaller objectives, which is what a roamer aims to do.

> > What people don't seem to get about the warclaw: it is a *flanking mount*

> I'd rather say it's a *ganking mount*.

The damage on it is fairly minimal, and it exposes you to getting bursted down before you can even dismount. Not to mention the obvious telegraph that you're going to attack. That's a horrible ganking mount.

> Yeah its a lot faster but the 10 enemies coming to defend their objectives are even faster

Thus the ability to disengage rapidly if you see them coming. Nothing wrong with tying up and harassing 10 enemies.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> In your definition or roaming and ganking; Warclaw **helps** roaming but hinders ganking.

>

> Your own definition of a ganker: a ganker is a player who is looking for a easy fight against people who cant fight back / a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> _what do you expect with a player running back solo from spawn clearly B-lining towards their keep or SM? Are they decked in both PvP gear and sporting a build to match (as they are running in WvW?), 99% chance they aren't, they should be an easy kill. Warclaw obviously screws this up royally_

>

> Roamer: is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight

> _Warclaw in fact helps this play because it's easier to get from objective to objective and **face other like players** whom are doing the same_

>

> I'm not a ganker, but often roam in a small group with the guild. We don't park ourselves between spawn and their keep, or between their keep and SM. We also don't linger around any of the sentry points near the enemies spawns like gankers often do. We take camps in enemy territory, we try to ninja towers in enemy territory when their main zerg is busy. If we encounter defenders, we fight. Warclaw immensely helps this because of the mobility; this is undeniable.

>

> Now if our main purpose was to linger around between spawn and keep, or the keep and sm or any of the nearby sentry points hoping to ambush players going by, that is ganking. Obviously if one of those players is on warclaw, it's exponentially more difficult to try and dismount them to kill them. Aka warclaw eliminates ganking. If you were an actual roamer and not a ganker, then you'd understand why Warclaw immensely helps with that purpose. You could even as a small group of roamers attempt to ward of a zerg attempting to ninja a tower if all of you had warclaw.

>

> I honestly think where even more of the salt is coming from in regards to mounts is the actual gankers are getting insta killed by trailing "zerglings" killing them downed with superior battle maul. It's not hard to down somebody, but it can be tricky to finish them off with other enemies around. Warclaw instantly eliminates that, and I know that is like rubbing salt deeper in the wound.

>

>

Yes it makes harder for someone to gank people between the spawn point and keep i get that and i dont like this as much as you.

But, what you're missing is its also kills solo roaming specially for melees.

For example, youre playing a warrior and flipping a camp, then a mounted enemy starts to run in circles preventing you from capping until their allies come to kill you.

Or youre trying to cap a sentry then one guy comes to fight with you for the sentry, you will be stuck in combat while their mounted friends are coming to you.

Warclaw only promotes outnumbered ganking, makes solo roaming way harder and renders melee roamers useless

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > > I guess I could call myself a roamer. I don't find most zergs very fun, so I usually end up running solo unless I find a small group.

> > >

> > > Picking those fights carefully makes you a better roamer, and you really need to pick those fights carefully, especially because disengaging will be harder when they also have the warclaw.

> > So you think you'll get good by fighting only people you judge worse than you ?

> If you're solo-roaming in WvW, you are not trying to "get good". I was talking about being a good *roamer* not a good *fighter*. These are completely different things. Fighting everything that moves just isn't wise if your goal is to capture and hold smaller objectives, which is what a roamer aims to do.

So people been playing It wrong for 6 years thanks for clarifying.

At this point Anet should just implement a option to turn PvP on/off

People are so fuckin scared to die in a PvP enviroment and i just dont get It.

>

> > > What people don't seem to get about the warclaw: it is a *flanking mount*

> > I'd rather say it's a *ganking mount*.

> The damage on it is fairly minimal, and it exposes you to getting bursted down before you can even dismount. Not to mention the obvious telegraph that you're going to attack. That's a horrible ganking mount.

Im not talking about the damage,will explain below

>

> > Yeah its a lot faster but the 10 enemies coming to defend their objectives are even faster

> Thus the ability to disengage rapidly if you see them coming. Nothing wrong with tying up and harassing 10 enemies.

How will you get out of combat while someone is hitting you(a npc in your case because youre too scared to fight players) before mounted enemies come to kill you?

> > @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > If you're solo-roaming in WvW, you are not trying to "get good". I was talking about being a good *roamer* not a good *fighter*. These are completely different things. Fighting everything that moves just isn't wise if your goal is to capture and hold smaller objectives, which is what a roamer aims to do.

> So people been playing It wrong for 6 years thanks for clarifying.

If you mean blindly attacking everything in sight without assessing the situation, then yes, a great many people over the years are "playing it wrong". That just gets you a free trip back to spawn. But most skilled roamers don't do that. You have to pick your fights, and that's as true in WvW as it is in PvP.

> > > Yeah its a lot faster but the 10 enemies coming to defend their objectives are even faster

> > Thus the ability to disengage rapidly if you see them coming. Nothing wrong with tying up and harassing 10 enemies.

>

> How will you get out of combat while someone is hitting you(a npc in your case because youre too scared to fight players) before mounted enemies come to kill you?

First off, knowing when to fight and when not to fight is not the same thing as being "too scared to fight".

In the original scenario, I was building a cata, so I'd just stop doing that mount up and get out of there because fighting 10v1 is obviously pretty foolish.

Now if I'm midway through taking a camp and 10 people show up... if you're paying attention, you *still* generally have time to get out of combat. You either finish off the NPC(s), or just run for it keeping the gap as far as possible, then mount up. The only time you'll get in trouble is when you *don't pay attention* and they close the distance. Then of course you're dead.

> Warclaw only promotes outnumbered ganking, makes solo roaming way harder and renders melee roamers useless

Its true, but we already know how to adapt to this - run more smallscale/havoc. The type of combat WvW is basicly meant for, group combat. Its not hard to try to party up. Maybe, *just maybe*, mounts will finally kill the taboo that is multiple tags for smallscale instead of people just crying for a guardian to lead the zoneblob or they demand tag off so you can go back to the solo roaming your class dictate.

When I hear about these staring contests and such where both players refuse to dismount it just makes no sense to me. Are you really worried about the tiny advantage of having to waste a dodge on a pounce? Just get off your mount and they will do the same. Or else why are they bothering to stick around in the first place?

Maybe it's just my mindset. I'll admit that I don't really care about WvW objectives. I capture camps, etc. like any roamer, but I'm in it for the action. I'm out there engaging enemies in the hopes that I'll find exciting fights. And that can take many forms in WvW. Maybe it's an outnumbered fight against opponents of lesser skill? Maybe it's pulling off a stomp and escaping from a fight you know you won't win if you stick around? Or finding your nemesis on the battle field for another round that could go either way.

The warclaw doesn't get in the way of that at all. It almost acts as a sort of filter. I mean what kind of fight do you typically expect from someone who is only trying to get away from you right from the start? That fight is a free loot bag and a little bit of WvW experience, so I'll take it if I can get it. But I'm looking for the guy who wants to fight and gives me a challenge.

For instance, I was roaming for several hours today and I kept coming across this necro who seemed quite good, but we kept getting interrupted by +1s. It happens. It's WvW after all! Finally, I encounter him in a good dueling spot where I dismounted and bowed. I knew he was the sort of opponent I was looking for when he whispered me to the effect of "Finally we can finish this fight!"

It just seems to me that roaming can only be dead when people stop looking for fights. Not free kills, but like the necro in my little story there. I was looking for him and he was looking for me. We both wanted that fight because that's what roamers do (or at least, that's always been my understanding!).

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > Warclaw only promotes outnumbered ganking, makes solo roaming way harder and renders melee roamers useless

> Its true, but we already know how to adapt to this - run more smallscale/havoc. The type of combat WvW is basicly meant for, group combat. Its not hard to try to party up. Maybe, *just maybe*, mounts will finally kill the taboo that is multiple tags for smallscale instead of people just crying for a guardian to lead the zoneblob or they demand tag off so you can go back to the solo roaming your class dictate.

As much as i wanted it to come true i highly doubt that it will happen.

Since bandwagoning started it became more and more about who has the bigger blob and i dont really think it will change

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > > @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > > If you're solo-roaming in WvW, you are not trying to "get good". I was talking about being a good *roamer* not a good *fighter*. These are completely different things. Fighting everything that moves just isn't wise if your goal is to capture and hold smaller objectives, which is what a roamer aims to do.

> > So people been playing It wrong for 6 years thanks for clarifying.

> If you mean blindly attacking everything in sight without assessing the situation, then yes, a great many people over the years are "playing it wrong". That just gets you a free trip back to spawn. But most skilled roamers don't do that. You have to pick your fights, and that's as true in WvW as it is in PvP.

>

I assume If you call yourself a roamer you have to be geared properly and ready to fight If a enemy is taking your camp in a class you consider a bad matchup and run away, you are completely useless.

You are just making excuses to not engage.

Thats why i blindly attack everything in sight

Because bad players like you who will only engage if you have more numbers, deserves to get a free trip to spawn.

Mounts provide us with a way to greatly boost the base speed of any build without having to work it around mobility for the most part. A good mobility that wasn't even possible with certain classes. Why do you think there are so many "The mounts are the best thing ever" posts from necromancers? Of course this is a certain kind of build imbalance. Those who weren't fast gained a lot, those who were gained little. It affects everyone differently. Gankers hate it, zerglings love it. We have discussed it a lot already. Try to adjust to a WvW that now has a mount. Like everyone else did.

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> Mounts provide us with a way to greatly boost the base speed of any build without having to work it around mobility for the most part. A good mobility that wasn't even possible with certain classes. Why do you think there are so many "The mounts are the best thing ever" posts from necromancers? Of course this is a certain kind of build imbalance. Those who weren't fast gained a lot, those who were gained little. It affects everyone differently. Gankers hate it, zerglings love it. We have discussed it a lot already. Try to adjust to a WvW that now has a mount. Like everyone else did.

With high mobility means close to 0 sustain, now classes who had middle ground mobility has it all.

> I assume If you call yourself a roamer you have to be geared properly and ready to fight If a enemy is taking your camp in a class you consider a bad matchup and run away, you are completely useless.

> You are just making excuses to not engage.

>

> Thats why i blindly attack everything in sight

> Because bad players like you who will only engage if you have more numbers, deserves to get a free trip to spawn.

>

Sorry but you have no idea how to roam. Calling me a "bad player" because I disagreed with you on something and tried to help you? Wow. Good luck you'll need it.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > Mounts provide us with a way to greatly boost the base speed of any build without having to work it around mobility for the most part. A good mobility that wasn't even possible with certain classes. Why do you think there are so many "The mounts are the best thing ever" posts from necromancers? Of course this is a certain kind of build imbalance. Those who weren't fast gained a lot, those who were gained little. It affects everyone differently. Gankers hate it, zerglings love it. We have discussed it a lot already. Try to adjust to a WvW that now has a mount. Like everyone else did.

>

> With high mobility means close to 0 sustain, now classes who had middle ground mobility has it all.

No, just no. Why were meta roaming builds like Boonbeast and Mirage actually meta pre warclaw? Because they had both mobility and sustain. Mobility is not balanced in this game, at all.

But besides that, mobility in combat still matters. It's not like warclaw suddenly made slow classes like necro meta roaming specs. They'll still get eaten up by thiefs, mirage, boonbeast, etc. once they're actually in a fight.

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > > > > > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > > > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > > > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > > > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > > > > > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > > > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > This ^

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I go for any fight where a players name is red and if they get upset after dying a few times they can log out and find another game mode or stick around and get good. Easy enough. I prefer to find outnumbered fights though.

> > > >

> > > > Who gives a kitten about all of you saying you've been ganked. Grow the kitten up. Now I 'gank everyone' because you guys just kitten about it all day instead of growing a pair and playing the game mode. Before I let people walk if they were new or it was obvious they didnt want to fight. Not anymore. Sometimes I even block them hoping it was one of you cry babies coming here to post about how you got ganked again. Never considering you could get good. Always blame it on something besides yourself. Keep doing that. You'll go really far in life with that mentality. So for everyone who dodges a fight someone gets 'ganked'. Even though they could defend themselves. And they do try so they didn't really get 'ganked'. You guys would call it that.

> > >

> > > Outed and triggered. Remember these posts weren't started by people that got ganked. They were started by gankers who got less ganks because of the mount. Now you gonna punish all these players by killing them because of the forums. You are what we thought you were. A lot of people label ganking incorrectly on here no reason to get so upset.

> >

> > Outed and exposed as what? Someone playing the game within the rules? Someone who isnt being a kitten cry baby? Lmfao. You dont read very well. But yeah. If im a 'ganker' might as well gank. Enjoy

>

> A non-ganker would not respond and get upset by every single comment. Be on here 100 times in every thread crying bout people crying about something you don't do. That makes you a kitten crybaby as well. You don't comprehend very well do you.

You ever considered someone can be upset a game mode is ruined by devs who never paid attention to the community and rarely play their own game?

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > I assume If you call yourself a roamer you have to be geared properly and ready to fight If a enemy is taking your camp in a class you consider a bad matchup and run away, you are completely useless.

> > You are just making excuses to not engage.

> >

> > Thats why i blindly attack everything in sight

> > Because bad players like you who will only engage if you have more numbers, deserves to get a free trip to spawn.

> >

> Sorry but you have no idea how to roam. Calling me a "bad player" because I disagreed with you on something and tried to help you? Wow. Good luck you'll need it.

Because it pisses me off to see people with your mindset

From what i see if the ultimate goal of WvW was to win, players from that servers should be rewarded in some way for helping their respective servers.

But there's **NONE** rewards for winners at all

Unless you're playing it for pips, and if you are i suggest you to go to SW, fractals, raids or even go gather materials in the open world

In WvW objectives are there mainly to lure players to fight.

People can still PPT all day if winning means something in their heads, but it just makes no sense to me and its boring at best

> In the current state Warclaw only promotes PvP avoidance and outnumbered ganking from the 2v1's up to (insert uneven number here) and cheese builds(mostly ranged) will be way more common because people will need more damage to dismount. While melee roamers are rendered useless.

what??? clearly you have no idea how easy it is to dismount players from warclaw, i got dismounted so many times within my own territory even when having all masteries

once dismounted the player is slapped with a 2sec 'dismount stun'

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > In the current state Warclaw only promotes PvP avoidance and outnumbered ganking from the 2v1's up to (insert uneven number here) and cheese builds(mostly ranged) will be way more common because people will need more damage to dismount. While melee roamers are rendered useless.

>

> what??? clearly you have no idea how easy it is to dismount players from warclaw, i got dismounted so many times within my own territory even when having all masteries

>

> once dismounted the player is slapped with a 2sec 'dismount stun'

:lol: Easy is very subjective, lots of variable like character class etc plays a role. Extremely rare to be dismounted by enemy attacks, least in my own territory. Its easy to dodge soulbeast if you know the terrain. Condi thief is good for it I'll give them that, but easy engage or run after with some of their CDs used. Some of them are all bark, no bite after.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > In the current state Warclaw only promotes PvP avoidance and outnumbered ganking from the 2v1's up to (insert uneven number here) and cheese builds(mostly ranged) will be way more common because people will need more damage to dismount. While melee roamers are rendered useless.

>

> what??? clearly you have no idea how easy it is to dismount players from warclaw, i got dismounted so many times within my own territory even when having all masteries

>

> once dismounted the player is slapped with a 2sec 'dismount stun'

**...and cheese builds(mostly ranged) will be way more common because people will need more damage to dismount...**

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > > > > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > > > > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > > > > > > > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > > > > > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > > > > > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > > > > > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > > > > > > > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > > > > > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This ^

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I go for any fight where a players name is red and if they get upset after dying a few times they can log out and find another game mode or stick around and get good. Easy enough. I prefer to find outnumbered fights though.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Who gives a kitten about all of you saying you've been ganked. Grow the kitten up. Now I 'gank everyone' because you guys just kitten about it all day instead of growing a pair and playing the game mode. Before I let people walk if they were new or it was obvious they didnt want to fight. Not anymore. Sometimes I even block them hoping it was one of you cry babies coming here to post about how you got ganked again. Never considering you could get good. Always blame it on something besides yourself. Keep doing that. You'll go really far in life with that mentality. So for everyone who dodges a fight someone gets 'ganked'. Even though they could defend themselves. And they do try so they didn't really get 'ganked'. You guys would call it that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Outed and triggered. Remember these posts weren't started by people that got ganked. They were started by gankers who got less ganks because of the mount. Now you gonna punish all these players by killing them because of the forums. You are what we thought you were. A lot of people label ganking incorrectly on here no reason to get so upset.

> > > >

> > > > Outed and exposed as what? Someone playing the game within the rules? Someone who isnt being a kitten cry baby? Lmfao. You dont read very well. But yeah. If im a 'ganker' might as well gank. Enjoy

> > >

> > > A non-ganker would not respond and get upset by every single comment. Be on here 100 times in every thread crying bout people crying about something you don't do. That makes you a kitten crybaby as well. You don't comprehend very well do you.

> >

> > You ever considered someone can be upset a game mode is ruined by devs who never paid attention to the community and rarely play their own game?

>

> sure man. did you get 3 point warning for the terrible crybaby word as well or just me. can't imagine you reported me with your overuse of the word prior. think they missed that moderator in the mass layoffs. Can't pointlessly argue these days cuz some crybaby will report ya. Someone report this so I can get 3 day.

Yeah wasn't me dude. Lol. I got it too though. Also you'll get another warning for talking about it. As I have in the past. Might wanna edit.