Warclaw Praise Thread - Yes, It Is Healthy For WvW

Trevor Boyer.6524

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Warclaw removed almost all threat from the spawn camp to the location of the zerg. That's great for zergers and I'm glad now they enjoy the mode more now that the can play their zerg builds with very little worry of an engagement between spawn and zerg. Its unfortunate that we as human show our true colors in how the ro war claw players have little or no disregard for the other half of long time players that enjoyed the actual danger imposed during travel whether they were roamers or not.have the excitement was removed from the mode for players that liked there to be risk during travel, but as long as u the zergers are happy lmao. People as a whole are garbage,present company included.

This is why the skill levels will also never improve overall.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion reduce war claw Health to 5000hp. Make them susceptible to cc's with a small break bar. Allow the downstate jump and the chain pull however useless it is. Other than that it is fine, it is a good way to get back to the action as fast as possible

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > > @"Andromeda.8293" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mil.3562" said:

> > > > > > > If someone is truly looking for a 1 vs 1 or small group fight, isn't there a pvp and gvg mode for that? Maybe you know you don't stand a chance against real pvpers, so you decided to come into WvW, hiding and then pick on non-pvp players thinking you can bully and gank them and hoped to win 90% of the fights? Erm.. What did you call yourself again? WvW roamers? LOL

> > > > > >

> > > > > > if that's directed at me - I pvped sufficiently to have my top 25 titles from the beginning

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But contesting a point because of mount is stupid. ~ and it's really hard to dismount ppl if you're sword weaver and they're just hopping away from you the entire time

> > > > >

> > > > > The contesting on a mount isn't stupid thats fine. What's stupid is some circles are huge and have buildings like golanta where you can hide behind 1 side swap to the other if only vs 1 guy and hold forever. They need to make every circle smaller and uniform. No reason some are tiny and others are huge circles giving the ability to troll certain ones.

> > > > The big rings and buildings isnt stupid thats fine. Whats stupid is small rings giving a massive advantage to AoE classes and the extremes of this is seen in sPvP. If you cant cap a camp with just someone riding around then get more teammates that can.

> > >

> > > Ya I have no problem capping camps or pulling people off mounts but I can sure see it as a problem especially for a melee. I legit hid behind buildings once vs 4 players then leaped and hid behind the other side for about 2 min because I saw the tag was heading that way. Then of course those 4 were wiped and I actually felt guilty. Now I know you can do it w/o a mount also but the circle def shouldn't encompass buildings you can use to hide but hey they should have brought 8 guys instead of 4 according to you. Their bad.

> > If 4 people cannot find and take out 1 enemy on a camp then kitten yes they obviously needed 8 people (or more). Please dont try to argue that the mount is responsible for enemies being bad because it hurts my brain.

>

> You are right I shouldn't argue with you because your mind is made up. I could troll golanta vs 1 melee or almost any class except ranger for an hour if I wanted to because of the set up but again no problem here. Don't affect me or you obviously but some have raised legit concerns about some camps. Smaller circles not spvp small but smaller at some camps easy fix.

The easier fix would be to make it so that you can't contest an objective while mounted. Hop around all you like, but you won't be able to prevent camp capture unless you dismount.

Warclaw should have 0 hp, 2 dodges, the reveal skill, the other skill for gates and the engaging/dismount skill which does zero damage but gives you maybe 5 stacks of might and you and the enemy you hit both get dismounted.

It should be only an utility to travel the map faster, to get faster to objectives.

You should be dismounted even if you get an autoattack from a boar around the map.

We are in a war zone open world pvp and I hate how enemies can touch my player hitbox press 3 times the leapdodge and get away from me with zero chances for me to dismount or fight them.

I roam constantly without the mount ignoring mount players (reverse psychology), so this way it's more likely for mount cowards to jump on me because they see a mountless player and they feel very confident to engage a fight with me.

The thought behind warclaw was good. The impact of the addition isn't. Was considering starting a "warclaw killed roaming" thread, but figured I'd come here.

Here's my thing: Everything I'm about to say changes the second they add to the first skill: Hitting another mounted rider with this skill will dismount them, as well as you, at a cost of a .125 second daze to the attacker.

Before they add that, the mount is cancerous. It lets people form blobs easier on small-scale roamers who are interested in flipping objectives to get fights. Most times, three or four folks will come in now when I'm about to cap a camp, and even if I fight them and get one low, he can just break combat and ride back in on his warclaw.

Which brings yet another point, in chase scenarios, if somebody has a few ports, but would eventually lose a race, they can just jump on their warclaw and flit away.

My biggest issue is that if you want to fight somebody, they can just troll you by running in circles around you. You don't have to fight anymore unless you consent to it, and I think that breaks the fun of WvW.

Fits well with today's culture, though.

What I'm seeing with warclaw is mostly negative actually.

It creates a disparity, those who have it vs those who don't, if you need to run a group with mixed people some of which have not unlocked it yet they'll form a tail which makes your group weaker with all those stragglers, previously commanders understood that aoe swiftness buffs had a limit to their targets so if people fell behind and started forming a tail they'd swing back around to pick up those people and give them a chance to catch some of the aoe swiftness buffs going out if they were not able to maintain it 100% themselves. Keeping the zerg together made it more successful. Now with warclaws, those with the mount just surge ahead, leaving those without behind to get slaughtered by roamers or enemy zergs. Those without have trouble keeping up to help capture keeps as well.

However if you have a full zerg with everyone having the mount, then you're able to have your server run one roaming defensive blob of at least 60 players that hops map to map responding to attacks, and they're able to prevent even T1 towers from being taken. We're talking about porting in to their citadel wp'ing to garrison, and getting to SE or SW tower, even if it's only T1 with no defenders, and being able to wipe the group taking that tower and then mapping off to the next attack on another map and doing the same thing. They'd have never made it before on foot. A T3 that was defended by a few players maybe but not an empty T1. Because of this, before you had to split your defenses, keep adequate presence on every map, have scouts and defenders. Now just get a blob and warclaw over to the white swords that pop up, you'll catch them as they're killing the lord probably.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> Before they add that, the mount is cancerous. It lets people form blobs easier on small-scale roamers who are interested in flipping objectives to get fights. Most times, three or four folks will come in now when I'm about to cap a camp, and even if I fight them and get one low, he can just break combat and ride back in on his warclaw.

This seems to imply that the capability to faster reach contested camps and defend them with 3-4 people isnt roaming.

Thats a pretty loopsided view... So roaming is killed because *you* fail?

Also if they can break combat and return to fight, they can do it without a mount. Thats *kind of* been a complaint for years.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > Before they add that, the mount is cancerous. It lets people form blobs easier on small-scale roamers who are interested in flipping objectives to get fights. Most times, three or four folks will come in now when I'm about to cap a camp, and even if I fight them and get one low, he can just break combat and ride back in on his warclaw.

>

> This seems to imply that the capability to faster reach contested camps and defend them with 3-4 people isnt roaming.

>

> Thats a pretty loopsided view... So roaming is killed because *you* fail?

>

> Also if they can break combat and return to fight, they can do it without a mount. Thats *kind of* been a complaint for years.

Fair point. I was potentially under-exaggerating. I'm fine with 3-4. But it's often more than that, and yes, when you get 8-11 people responding, I call that blobbing.

Even so, if there were times before where I could flip a camp and fight 4 enemies with the camp in my favor, that hasn't happened since Warclaw was introduced.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > Before they add that, the mount is cancerous. It lets people form blobs easier on small-scale roamers who are interested in flipping objectives to get fights. Most times, three or four folks will come in now when I'm about to cap a camp, and even if I fight them and get one low, he can just break combat and ride back in on his warclaw.

> >

> > This seems to imply that the capability to faster reach contested camps and defend them with 3-4 people isnt roaming.

> >

> > Thats a pretty loopsided view... So roaming is killed because *you* fail?

> >

> > Also if they can break combat and return to fight, they can do it without a mount. Thats *kind of* been a complaint for years.

>

> Fair point. I was potentially under-exaggerating. I'm fine with 3-4. But it's often more than that, and yes, when you get 8-11 people responding, I call that blobbing.

>

> Even so, if there were times before where I could flip a camp and fight 4 enemies with the camp in my favor, that hasn't happened since Warclaw was introduced.

Maybe you're just fighting better enemies then because 1v4 is a no-win scenario if all skills are equal.

Solo roaming may be "hurt" by the warclaw - which is a diffuse claim since I still see people constantly run solo and 1-2 groupings - but in turn havoc has improved a fair bit due to quicker response. And coincidentally WvW is all about group warfare and in my personal opinion, by far best in smaller group warfare.

You may call 8-11 people blobbing - I call it an invitation to gather 10+ people to fight them.

The fact that some servers cant even muster that is hardly the fault of the warclaw.

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> If someone is truly looking for a 1 vs 1 or small group fight, isn't there a pvp and gvg mode for that? Maybe you know you don't stand a chance against real pvpers, so you decided to come into WvW, hiding and then pick on non-pvp players thinking you can bully and gank them and hoped to win 90% of the fights? Erm.. What did you call yourself again? WvW roamers? LOL

Wuts a "non-pvp player" doing ina pvp related game mode anyway.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > Before they add that, the mount is cancerous. It lets people form blobs easier on small-scale roamers who are interested in flipping objectives to get fights. Most times, three or four folks will come in now when I'm about to cap a camp, and even if I fight them and get one low, he can just break combat and ride back in on his warclaw.

> > >

> > > This seems to imply that the capability to faster reach contested camps and defend them with 3-4 people isnt roaming.

> > >

> > > Thats a pretty loopsided view... So roaming is killed because *you* fail?

> > >

> > > Also if they can break combat and return to fight, they can do it without a mount. Thats *kind of* been a complaint for years.

> >

> > Fair point. I was potentially under-exaggerating. I'm fine with 3-4. But it's often more than that, and yes, when you get 8-11 people responding, I call that blobbing.

> >

> > Even so, if there were times before where I could flip a camp and fight 4 enemies with the camp in my favor, that hasn't happened since Warclaw was introduced.

> Maybe you're just fighting better enemies then because 1v4 is a no-win scenario if all skills are equal.

>

> Solo roaming may be "hurt" by the warclaw - which is a diffuse claim since I still see people constantly run solo and 1-2 groupings - but in turn havoc has improved a fair bit due to quicker response. And coincidentally WvW is all about group warfare and in my personal opinion, by far best in smaller group warfare.

>

> You may call 8-11 people blobbing - I call it an invitation to gather 10+ people to fight them.

>

> The fact that some servers cant even muster that is hardly the fault of the warclaw.

My flavor has always been solo roaming, duo roaming is fun, and five-man roaming is pushing it fun-wise for me. I still see solo people running around, but it doesn't change my point: If somebody on a warclaw doesn't consent to fighting you, they don't have to. I find that very defeating as somebody who just loves to brawl.

> @"Offair.2563" said:

> > @"Mil.3562" said:

> > If someone is truly looking for a 1 vs 1 or small group fight, isn't there a pvp and gvg mode for that? Maybe you know you don't stand a chance against real pvpers, so you decided to come into WvW, hiding and then pick on non-pvp players thinking you can bully and gank them and hoped to win 90% of the fights? Erm.. What did you call yourself again? WvW roamers? LOL

>

> Wuts a "non-pvp player" doing ina pvp related game mode anyway.

>

Probably getting gifts of battle for legendaries. Anet kind of pushed it on anyone who wants Legendary weapons or accessories that they'll have to do WvW. Not to mention pvp and wvw dailies result in better rewards if all your characters are capped and you're at the mastery cap, xp is worthless and that's the basis of pve daily rewards.

Took out a lot of spontaneous open field fights, so I guess that's good for zerglings too lazy to go around enemies running back to their zerg? Now people can run through enemy territory without a care, it promotes players to only bother engaging in groups. So enjoy running around on your mount watching other people run around on their mounts I guess, be sure to visit the gem store for the new skins.

> @"noot.8641" said:

> The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of roamer classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a roamer it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up. They need to nerf the warclaw, so it just is a transportation tool with low hp pool, and not going faster than the 33% swiftness speed.

Your reasoning is flawed, as a zerger I hated running around the map for minutes on end looking for fights, if you leave I'm okay with it, I never really thought roamers were useful when I played anyway, even when they cried and cried about how "useful" they were. We have SPvP if you have to 1v1 so badly you can do so with players over there. Honestly I would prefer it if all roamers left because they think they're so good because they can 1 shot a guy or poke and prod slowpokes, you're like the equivalent of that guy in wow who doesn't clean their room and all he does is camp low levels for fun because he knows he sucks when it comes to actually working with other people in an mmo.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > @"noot.8641" said:

> > The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of roamer classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a roamer it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up. They need to nerf the warclaw, so it just is a transportation tool with low hp pool, and not going faster than the 33% swiftness speed.

>

> Your reasoning is flawed, as a zerger I hated running around the map for minutes on end looking for fights, if you leave I'm okay with it, I never really thought roamers were useful when I played anyway, even when they cried and cried about how "useful" they were. We have SPvP if you have to 1v1 so badly you can do so with players over there. Honestly I would prefer it if all roamers left because they think they're so good because they can 1 shot a guy or poke and prod slowpokes, you're like the equivalent of that guy in wow who doesn't clean their room and all he does is camp low levels for fun because he knows he sucks when it comes to actually working with other people in an mmo.

Lol, ofcourse a blobber will say this.. You will protect the mount because you are one of those ppls always getting ganked in the backline because u can’t stay on the tag. So yeah, the mount for “noobs” like you is a gift of god, because you feel like we can’t touch you anymore.

You have to understand that not everyone in wvw is a blobber like you, wvw isn’t only made for blobbers btw. It’s obvious you don’t play wvw much since u say roamers add nothing to wvw, who will flip the camps, who will soften blobs by taking out the backlines, who will kill the reinforcements trying to get back to the blob?

Your reasoning is actually flawed man, stop protecting the mount because you get ganked all the time without it. It’s matter of getting good.

If the mounts stay “OP” like they are now, WvW will slowly die. You can already see it.

> @"noot.8641" said:

> > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of roamer classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a roamer it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up. They need to nerf the warclaw, so it just is a transportation tool with low hp pool, and not going faster than the 33% swiftness speed.

> >

> > Your reasoning is flawed, as a zerger I hated running around the map for minutes on end looking for fights, if you leave I'm okay with it, I never really thought roamers were useful when I played anyway, even when they cried and cried about how "useful" they were. We have SPvP if you have to 1v1 so badly you can do so with players over there. Honestly I would prefer it if all roamers left because they think they're so good because they can 1 shot a guy or poke and prod slowpokes, you're like the equivalent of that guy in wow who doesn't clean their room and all he does is camp low levels for fun because he knows he sucks when it comes to actually working with other people in an mmo.

>

> Lol, ofcourse a blobber will say this.. You will protect the mount because you are one of those ppls always getting ganked in the backline because u can’t stay on the tag. So yeah, the mount for “noobs” like you is a gift of god, because you feel like we can’t touch you anymore.

> You have to understand that not everyone in wvw is a blobber like you, wvw isn’t only made for blobbers btw. It’s obvious you don’t play wvw much since u say roamers add nothing to wvw, who will flip the camps, who will soften blobs by taking out the backlines, who will kill the reinforcements trying to get back to the blob?

> Your reasoning is actually flawed man, stop protecting the mount because you get ganked all the time without it. It’s matter of getting good.

> If the mounts stay “OP” like they are now, WvW will slowly die. You can already see it.

>

>

>

LOL, of course a ganker will say this. You hate the mount because you can't gank people not set up for 1v1 because you can't sPvP. So yeah, the mount for "gankers" like you is a bane, because you feel like you can't gank noobs anymore.

You have to understand that not everyone in WvW is a ganker like you, WvW isn't only made for gankers btw. It's obvious you don't play WvW much since you seem to think that ganking helps your server win matches, who will take the keeps, who will take the towers, who will destroy other blobs?

Your reasoning is actually flawed and selfish man, stop hating the mount because you can't gank all the time with it. It's a matter of getting good. If the mounts keep getting "Nerfed" like they are now, WvW will become stale and stagnant. You can already see it.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of roamer classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a roamer it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up. They need to nerf the warclaw, so it just is a transportation tool with low hp pool, and not going faster than the 33% swiftness speed.

> > >

> > > Your reasoning is flawed, as a zerger I hated running around the map for minutes on end looking for fights, if you leave I'm okay with it, I never really thought roamers were useful when I played anyway, even when they cried and cried about how "useful" they were. We have SPvP if you have to 1v1 so badly you can do so with players over there. Honestly I would prefer it if all roamers left because they think they're so good because they can 1 shot a guy or poke and prod slowpokes, you're like the equivalent of that guy in wow who doesn't clean their room and all he does is camp low levels for fun because he knows he sucks when it comes to actually working with other people in an mmo.

> >

> > Lol, ofcourse a blobber will say this.. You will protect the mount because you are one of those ppls always getting ganked in the backline because u can’t stay on the tag. So yeah, the mount for “noobs” like you is a gift of god, because you feel like we can’t touch you anymore.

> > You have to understand that not everyone in wvw is a blobber like you, wvw isn’t only made for blobbers btw. It’s obvious you don’t play wvw much since u say roamers add nothing to wvw, who will flip the camps, who will soften blobs by taking out the backlines, who will kill the reinforcements trying to get back to the blob?

> > Your reasoning is actually flawed man, stop protecting the mount because you get ganked all the time without it. It’s matter of getting good.

> > If the mounts stay “OP” like they are now, WvW will slowly die. You can already see it.

> >

> >

> >

>

> LOL, of course a ganker will say this. You hate the mount because you can't gank people not set up for 1v1 because you can't sPvP. So yeah, the mount for "gankers" like you is a bane, because you feel like you can't gank noobs anymore.

>

> You have to understand that not everyone in WvW is a ganker like you, WvW isn't only made for gankers btw. It's obvious you don't play WvW much since you seem to think that ganking helps your server win matches, who will take the keeps, who will take the towers, who will destroy other blobs?

>

> Your reasoning is actually flawed and selfish man, stop hating the mount because you can't gank all the time with it. It's a matter of getting good. If the mounts keep getting "Nerfed" like they are now, WvW will become stale and stagnant. You can already see it.

What a very salty reply lol.

@Aridon.8362

Roamers are more important than you know. You sure as well won't bother to flip an enemy upgraded camp by your self, nor will you defend 1 by your self. If it wasn't for roamers/defenders then nothing will get upgraded because a zero of 40 people or so wont protect camps (unless other blob is there)

Still this argument? If you are in an OPEN WORLD BATTLEFIELD you cannot say " but I don't want to fight". The fight is bound to find you if you step on enemy territory or if enemy is in yours. This is the nature of the WvW. What they added with Warclaw is just a "protection blanket" for those who feel bad when they are defeated and just wanna go with the zerg. I have played staff ele for quite some time before warclaw and there were always new tricks and ways to dodge gankers or trap them.

Zerging should not be easy like this. Positioning, not dying, following the tag are all important aspects. Warclaw makes these redundant as it gives you speed and protection. It does not only hurt roaming but also the quality of zerging too. Now people rush, die, mount up, rush back. And some fights really don't end. Numbers are the only determinants in this new warclaw meta. We have already seen it in our server.

Gankers, roamers and zergers are all part of the wvw. It is an open battlefield where every tactic is viable, unlike spvp. So if you tell someone to go spvp, it means you do not understand the nature of the wvw at all. The freedom and ability to devise your own tactics, no matter how sh.tty they are, is the source of an open battlefield. So if you enter that field, you have no right to force others to change their ways. Do i like gankers? No. But they are a part of the game mode. Now if I want to roam, I cannot do it with my favourite builds and professions, as 1 person on warclaw can contest a camp for minutes if I cannot bring him down without spending all my offense and defense. So what am I forced to do? To play a build/profession that can burst someone down. Yey.

From a point of view of a casual player who play 2-3hours week and avoided like the pest the wvw brcause didn't want to be istant killed while moving and rage quitting.... I have only a word:

God bless warclaw!!

I feel now I wanna do wvw, and log to do it (never had this feeling before)

Ofc is healthy now the casual people look at wvw like a choice, before the thinking was "joint wvw isn't the best way to use my time, and I preferred pvp"

Then if you don't like the purpose of pvp(Mmorpg massive!!!) and still want the catch and istant kill casual players like me on warclaw, do pvp or embrace the role playing in wvw.

Kills joy fest of roam-zerk is just finished in favor of o more players n wvw and more fun who come a long with it.

That s life for a game like this.

Nice strategy and the comeback to gw2 showing this innovation , since I was in my off period(playing on other game) since October catched me with the warclaw stuff.

So do you prefer more people like me joining maps and coming back in game or, play your game alone and be fun with your kill joy fest?

> @"alain.1659" said:

>

> Now if I want to roam, I cannot do it with my favourite builds and professions, as 1 person on warclaw can contest a camp for minutes if I cannot bring him down without spending all my offense and defense. So what am I forced to do? To play a build/profession that can burst someone down. Yey.

I don't normally get triggered by anything in forums, even while being attacked directly. But with all due respect, I'm really getting tired of seeing statements like this because they are either greatly embellished or the players posting them are so inept that it's questionable if they understand enough about the game to even be discussing competitive balance. I am seriously not trying to be insulting here, but to even respond to such a claim, there is no other way to state the kinds of responses you are about to read. Each and every time I hear this "Warclaws can contest nodes forever and I can't dismount it" claim, here is what I think:

1. What is wrong with either the build you're running or your play, that you cannot down a 10k health target that has no protection, no cleanse, no healing, only 3 evades with no other defensive skills, that is attempting to ride circles around you at mid range? Or why could you not at least make it run away from you, from the cap you are holding or trying to take?

2. Every single class/build in Guild Wars 2 has mid ranged attacked that will at least deal around 1k damage on strikes worst case scenario while something like Minstrel. In the rare event that a build is almost full melee like a Spellbreaker or Herald, the designers have presented these builds with an enormous amount of long distance gap closers & instant strike teleportations.

3. Worst possible cast scenario: Someone is running a mace/mace Core Warrior that is only level 20 who is wearing blue quality gear bought from Queensdale with atrociously poor single stats, he doesn't have any gap closer skills and no swiftness, and he wasn't even smart enough to equip a 2nd weapon on the swap. He encounters an ultimate invulnerable godlike Warclaw rider who is able to run around him in circles and never be dismounted. Well, until the lv.20 Warrior kid figures out to put a rifle on his weapon swap. After equipping literally anything with any stat that has any ranged attack at all, despite his terrible poor low level setup, he will be able to dismount a Warclaw rider in probably about 6 to 7 strikes, and the Warclaw won't be able to run and hide from a ranged 1 spam for very long. My question to those claiming "Warclaw can contest a node under me forever and I cannot down it" is this: If a rando lv 20 with blue gear can equip a rifle and down a Warclaw in 6-7 strikes with literally any ranged weapon, why can't you? Let's go through a list here: Spellbreaker, try throwing your GS 4 and using your unholy amount of gap closers "that all deal damage mind you", including rampage - Herald, try TELEPORTING AT IT - Guardians and Dragonhunters, TRY TELEPORTING AT IT or using scepter/longbow- Firebrands, you have plenty of random condi spam and other random ranged attacks between scepter and staff, use them - All Engis, every other thing you do is ranged, use it - All Rangers, be a Ranger, and range it - All Thieves, omfg alright listen, even your shortbow 5 mobility is actually an attack, chase the Warclaw with it, try stealing at it with Mug, try all of your other various teleport attacks, select DE use a rifle - All Necros, wow can you seriously not hit a Warclaw that is riding around you in circles with the god awful amount of random mid ranged AoE, axe 1 & 2 spams, scepter spams, staff AoEs? Get real guys, come on man, get real. - All Mesmers, everything a Mesmer does is ranged, try using it - All Eles, worst case scenario you're running minstrel but you are able to stack yourself to 25 might, you deal both power and condi damage, with almost every single attack that you have, and almost every single attack that you have is mid ranged. Try attacking the Warclaw.

4. Furthermore, I just want to point out that when you roam and try to take supply camps, you don't run god awful slow support zerg builds with no damage or mobility or disengage or chase potential. Worst case scenario, you're trying to chase around a Warclaw with a Support Firebrand or Support Tempest ect ect, what are you doing and why are you doing that? Did you expect to catch anything or anyone, regardless of if it was on a Warclaw or not, and did you seriously expect to be able to beat that person in a 1v1, regardless of if it is on a Warclaw or not, with no damage output and no mobility and no chase potential? Come on guys, get real. Let's look at this debacle in a sensical way, please. When you roam, you use: FAST Warriors, Thieves, Rangers, Sometimes Engis with Rocket Boots who have rifles, Mesmers, Eles with high ranged DPS.

I don't see what the problem is here. If anyone wants to respond with actual explanation behind this claim, I'd love to hear.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> If you are in an OPEN WORLD BATTLEFIELD you cannot say " but I don't want to fight".

Why not? You can't say "OPEN WORLD BATTLEFIELD" to imply there are no rules, and then use the words "you cannot". Make up your mind. Or did you mean to say that only roamers/gankers get to decide what the rules are? Nah, you couldn't have meant that, that would be hypocritical.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> What they added with Warclaw is just a "protection blanket" for those who feel bad when they are defeated and just wanna go with the zerg.

Yet you want to conveniently ignore all the positive feedback given on the Warclaw, by both roamers and zergers alike, little of which described a "protection blanket" of any kind.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> Zerging should not be easy like this. Positioning, not dying, following the tag are all important aspects. Warclaw makes these redundant as it gives you speed and

> protection.

So staying alive and on tag has become "redundant" now with the Warclaw? News to me. Pretty sure most quality WvW players would agree that it is better to stay alive and in the fight than to have to return to tag from garrison.

Perhaps you meant to say that negative impact of dying has been partially mitigated by the introduction of the Warclaw? Very possibly. But again you want to conveniently ignore the feedback many players have given regarding how spending so much time running was a negative experience for them, and that being able to move about faster means they are enjoying the game mode more. Does that make them better players? Of course not, they still need to learn to stay on tag and survive, but that's hard to learn when you aren't even playing the game mode.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> It does not only hurt roaming but also the quality of zerging too. Now people rush, die, mount up, rush back. And some fights really don't end. Numbers are the only

> determinants in this new warclaw meta. We have already seen it in our server.

The only time I've seen what you described was with pugs absent any running tag, running from spawn to contest garri when the enemy zerg was already on inner. In a squad following tag I've never seen what you described once, not one single time. Maybe you need to transfer to a better server

> @"alain.1659" said:

> Gankers, roamers and zergers are all part of the wvw. It is an open battlefield where every tactic is viable, unlike spvp.

And like I said above, one of those tactics can be choosing the fights you want, just like roamers and gankers have always been able to do, only now, every player gets that privilege.

If Player A sees Player B (and maybe C, D, Z) up ahead and knows they have no chance, they can use the mount to (attempt) to escape. The letters I used can be replaced with "Zergling", "Roamer", "Ganker", or even "Bot". It all applies equally.

Before the warclaw, roamers were able to decide whether to fight or not, but now all of a sudden when all players have that option, that concept magically becomes "bad".

> @"alain.1659" said:

>The freedom and ability to devise your own tactics, no matter how sh.tty they are, is the source of an open battlefield.

Which, again, includes the tactic of choosing to avoid a fight, especially one you suspect you have no chance of winning.

Pre-Warclaw, if a roamer saw a fight they didn't like, they could use their mobility to attempt to escape a no win situation. Roamers at the time were ok with it. Now everyone has that ability, and roamers aren't suddenly not ok with it.

Funny enough, roamers like to pull out their victimhood card whenever a group of 6+ people (that they call a blob or zerg) stomps them, because they had no chance in that fight, yet now with the warclaw, roamers can avoid that stompage as well.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> So if you enter that field, you have no right to force others to change their ways.

I agree. Pre-warclaw, while I never celebrated gankers for what they did, I never presumed to tell them what they could or couldn't do. Now that the warclaw is here, they feel they can tell other players that it's not ok to run from a fight. So really, your words of advice should be directed at the roamers, since they are the ones trying to be dictatorial.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> Do i like gankers? No.

Oh fun, let's do some more,

Do you like cancer? No.

Do you like taxes? No.

Do you like natural disasters? No

Nobody likes gankers, or more accurately, nobody likes to be the ganked, but obviously many will defend their right to being the ganker until their dying breath.

What I find hilarious about all this of course, is that the real issue here is new players (newbs) or players running builds/gear designed for zerging, aka people at a marked disadvantage for 1v1, are the ones the roamers complain about - the ones running from them. The enemy roamers, players who are looking for 1v1 fights, are not (I imagine) running away on a mount, but are eager to get into the scrap.

So really what roamers and gankers are crying over, is that now the only players who will 1v1 them are other players who are built for 1v1, meaning they are on equal footing, and they no longer have easy prey to target, players who out of necessity are running builds/gear that put them at a mathematical disadvantage for 1v1.

I would never call these types of roamers bad players; their own outcries have done that. I don't even have to call them hypocrites, because again, their own arguments have pronounced this.

If those types of players quit the game because of the mount, because they don't like what it does on an "OPEN BATTLEFIELD" where players have the "freedom and ability do divise your own tactics", and where "every tactic is viable", than I'm sorry they feel that way, and they either have to learn to adapt, or just quit playing the game mode - y'know, exactly what every other player who was getting ganked prior to the Warclaw had to do. Funny that, eh?

As I've said many times before: balanced.

I also must apologize, as I've purposefully avoided getting into these conversations lately, as ignorance is pretty difficult to overcome with a forum post, but @"alain.1659" 's post just caught me on a bad morning lol.

I'm a casual player, I rarely write, but I follow the WvW forum, since the Warclaw got released. And since the mount gets a lot of hatred, I feel like I should give a feedback, oppinion on it (from a casual perspective, you know, the 95% of the playerbase). I barely touched WvW so far, and only to get stuff that is tied to it (Gift of Battle, discount on cultural armors).

Pre Warclaw era, I only entered to get the loot, then get out, because:

If I tried to go for easy objectives: ruins, shrines, camp, or even veterans, I just got ganked. You can call it roaming, but one fighting someone, who is unwilling, and just tries to escape the fight for 5 minutes (thanks to tanky build), is far from PvP, or roaming. It is hitting a training golem for five minutes. Congratulations. So I had hard time on completing the dailies.

If I wanted to play in a zerg, I had to wait until the commander ports back, losing my participation in the meantime, then join them, to die in a fight, and either wait again, or do a long run, where I could get ganged again. That is no fun either. Not even talking about that because of that, I couldn't play any glassy builds, only tanks, so I can avoid that run as much as possible.

Thanks to those, I avoided the gamemode. Which in my oppinion should be a gamemode about armies clashing together, sieging and defending castles, was just a "walk out of the gate, see a thief/mesmer/ranger, die, repeat".

After the Warclaws introduction, I got exatly what I wanted in the gamemode: I can arrive in the fights quick, I can participate in the sieges with my glasscannon build. And if I die, I can quickly get back, without dying multiple times on the way. Thanks to the introduction of the mount I finally enjoy the gamemode, and often feel like I want to log in only to play it.

> @"Farout.8207" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > I do not want to open field fight. That is boring to me

>

>

> Tells me all I need to know.

>

>

And pray tell me, what does it tell you? That I prefer strategy over pressing 11111111 all day long? That I prefer the excitement of trying to defend a structure and dealing with an enemy once breached, as compared to running around in circles or zig zags trying to get one side to over extend or bomb first before rushing in and 11111111ing everything to death? Please, tell me what it tells you!