Invasion mechanic

Just wondering what are the thoughts of bringing a random invasion mechanic into wvw. For examples when a zerg clashes with each other there could be a branded invasion that spawn in the middle of the scuffle and attack everyone. You can even have it that its possible for them to even capture keeps and camps etc. Just a thought to spice up wvw.

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> Just wondering what are the thoughts of bringing a random invasion mechanic into wvw. For examples when a zerg clashes with each other there could be a branded invasion that spawn in the middle of the scuffle and attack everyone. You can even have it that its possible for them to even capture keeps and camps etc. Just a thought to spice up wvw.

we have already invasions.

when a zerg clashes each other we have a random chance of massive packet loss invasion so we can only 1111 and ones in a blue moon some other skills.

As you might have noticed, most of the WvW forums are allergic to NPC's and anything that smells of PVE (other than the rewards).

I think that some npc/pve elements could work well in WvW (since ANet designed it as a PvPvE mode, and not a pure PvP mode), but adding a bunch of NPC's inside existing large scale fights is likely to cause more problems than anything, especially more server-load/skill-lag. That, and I think half the player base would rage-quit and break their keyboard in a temper tantrum for finally having found a zerg vs zerg fight and have it interrupted by npc's :p

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> Just wondering what are the thoughts of bringing a random invasion mechanic into wvw. For examples when a zerg clashes with each other there could be a branded invasion that spawn in the middle of the scuffle and attack everyone. You can even have it that its possible for them to even capture keeps and camps etc. Just a thought to spice up wvw.

I don't think we need a big PvE mechanic to interfere with a large scale pvP scenario.

If the Devs want to try something, it should be

1) A PvE interaction that initiates player action (old Alpine Lake Quaggan shamans went to contest the keeps, initiating a players response like checking for actual attackers and removing the "false alarm")

2) an incentive for 2nd + 3rd Server to join efforts against the 1st (and not how it is done now, where usually the 1st and 2nd feed on the 3rd)

If its tranform you into a kamikaze- Undead , that can climb Stractural Walls and blow a portion of the portion of the walls from the inside

or keep scratchting it

or mark the walls to take increased damage by siege

or blowup/knockback defenders (after their ''smell'' mechanic detects too many defenders i dont see why not

I do WvW because I simply don't like PVE. The last thing I'd like to see in there is more PVE type stuff.. ugh ugh ugh... Go to pve if you want that.. seriously. Fight all the npc's you want all over the place... do a dungeon, fractal, etc... but please keep it out of WvW.. There's too much pve in there already, imo

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> As you might have noticed, most of the WvW forums are allergic to NPC's and anything that smells of PVE (other than the rewards).

>

> I think that some npc/pve elements could work well in WvW (since ANet designed it as a PvPvE mode, and not a pure PvP mode), but adding a bunch of NPC's inside existing large scale fights is likely to cause more problems than anything, especially more server-load/skill-lag. That, and I think half the player base would rage-quit and break their keyboard in a temper tantrum for finally having found a zerg vs zerg fight and have it interrupted by npc's :p

The npcs are not because anet wanted to add pve to wvw. Lmao. No, the npcs are there to stall capping. The alternative would be to just run into a camp, a tower, and instantly have it capped. That's no good. Need to allow some time to respond before it's capped. Add a boss. Bingo. It also serves as some help for the allies of that tower, but it is not intended as literal pve.

> As you might have noticed, most of the WvW forums are allergic to NPC's and anything that smells of PVE (other than the rewards).

>

> I think that some npc/pve elements could work well in WvW (since ANet designed it as a PvPvE mode, and not a pure PvP mode), but adding a bunch of NPC's inside existing large scale fights is likely to cause more problems than anything, especially more server-load/skill-lag. That, and I think half the player base would rage-quit and break their keyboard in a temper tantrum for finally having found a zerg vs zerg fight and have it interrupted by npc's :p

Unless it's several generations of AI down the line and players can't tell if the zerg is made up of bots or humans. Which it isn't.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > As you might have noticed, most of the WvW forums are allergic to NPC's and anything that smells of PVE (other than the rewards).

> >

> > I think that some npc/pve elements could work well in WvW (since ANet designed it as a PvPvE mode, and not a pure PvP mode), but adding a bunch of NPC's inside existing large scale fights is likely to cause more problems than anything, especially more server-load/skill-lag. That, and I think half the player base would rage-quit and break their keyboard in a temper tantrum for finally having found a zerg vs zerg fight and have it interrupted by npc's :p

>

> The npcs are not because anet wanted to add pve to wvw. Lmao. No, the npcs are there to stall capping. The alternative would be to just run into a camp, a tower, and instantly have it capped. That's no good. Need to allow some time to respond before it's capped. Add a boss. Bingo. It also serves as some help for the allies of that tower, but it is not intended as literal pve.

Pardon, got the feeling you misunderstood my post ?

I'm not saying that guards should be removed, and I'm not saying that guards is what makes WvW into a PvPvE (ANet's own word for it btw). The OP was talking about spawning additional NPC's randomly inside a zerg battle, which I argued against. While also stating that I think the game mode could be expanded upon with NPC's and some other PvE mechanics in other areas, to the benefit of the mode.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > As you might have noticed, most of the WvW forums are allergic to NPC's and anything that smells of PVE (other than the rewards).

> >

> > I think that some npc/pve elements could work well in WvW (since ANet designed it as a PvPvE mode, and not a pure PvP mode), but adding a bunch of NPC's inside existing large scale fights is likely to cause more problems than anything, especially more server-load/skill-lag. That, and I think half the player base would rage-quit and break their keyboard in a temper tantrum for finally having found a zerg vs zerg fight and have it interrupted by npc's :p

>

> Unless it's several generations of AI down the line and players can't tell if the zerg is made up of bots or humans. Which it isn't.

You know, someone showed me the other day that they made a learning bot for Blade and Soul (action combat, even a bit more like a fighting game than GW2), and after letting it run for a long while and test it against some of the better PvP players, it managed a 62% win rate!

There is still hope for GW2 !

Finally centaurs that can fight back, new meta will be to lure enemy zergs into centaur camp, and watch them being demolished!

\m/ ^_^ \m/

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > > As you might have noticed, most of the WvW forums are allergic to NPC's and anything that smells of PVE (other than the rewards).

> > >

> > > I think that some npc/pve elements could work well in WvW (since ANet designed it as a PvPvE mode, and not a pure PvP mode), but adding a bunch of NPC's inside existing large scale fights is likely to cause more problems than anything, especially more server-load/skill-lag. That, and I think half the player base would rage-quit and break their keyboard in a temper tantrum for finally having found a zerg vs zerg fight and have it interrupted by npc's :p

> >

> > The npcs are not because anet wanted to add pve to wvw. Lmao. No, the npcs are there to stall capping. The alternative would be to just run into a camp, a tower, and instantly have it capped. That's no good. Need to allow some time to respond before it's capped. Add a boss. Bingo. It also serves as some help for the allies of that tower, but it is not intended as literal pve.

>

> Pardon, got the feeling you misunderstood my post ?

>

> I'm not saying that guards should be removed, and I'm not saying that guards is what makes WvW into a PvPvE (ANet's own word for it btw). The OP was talking about spawning additional NPC's randomly inside a zerg battle, which I argued against. While also stating that I think the game mode could be expanded upon with NPC's and some other PvE mechanics in other areas, to the benefit of the mode.

>

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > > As you might have noticed, most of the WvW forums are allergic to NPC's and anything that smells of PVE (other than the rewards).

> > >

> > > I think that some npc/pve elements could work well in WvW (since ANet designed it as a PvPvE mode, and not a pure PvP mode), but adding a bunch of NPC's inside existing large scale fights is likely to cause more problems than anything, especially more server-load/skill-lag. That, and I think half the player base would rage-quit and break their keyboard in a temper tantrum for finally having found a zerg vs zerg fight and have it interrupted by npc's :p

> >

> > Unless it's several generations of AI down the line and players can't tell if the zerg is made up of bots or humans. Which it isn't.

>

> You know, someone showed me the other day that they made a learning bot for Blade and Soul (action combat, even a bit more like a fighting game than GW2), and after letting it run for a long while and test it against some of the better PvP players, it managed a 62% win rate!

>

> There is still hope for GW2 !

>

> Finally centaurs that can fight back, new meta will be to lure enemy zergs into centaur camp, and watch them being demolished!

>

> \m/ ^_^ \m/

No I understood your post I just don't agree we should have more npcs in wvw. I think we already have more than enough of them.

I think is great idea! what about the mordrem invasions? It could be the same as in pve!!

Imagine a **horde** of NPCs trampling over your hard earned T3 SM and reseting it!! that would be glorious!

and also tactics! What about a banner that can spawn one of those invasions at your location? It could bring even a Shatterer!! it would be amazing for the 3 sodes of the conflict to join together to kill the Tequal spawned in the middle of the SM!!

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > All this cynism and still people complaining about offtime coverage Being a problem, coverage Being a problem, bad ktrains etc. Being a problem

> >

> > Instead of saying 'no' to a suggestion without An alternative. Say another suggestion?

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/V77lF3J.jpg "")

>

Q.E.D.