Berserker is straight up GARBAGE

JTGuevara.9018

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say it is garbage. But it definitely needs some tweaks/further improvements/changes. Why people want Spellbreaker-ish sustain (for PvP/WvW)? If you want to play sustain wars, then just use Spellbreaker. I am ok with being glassy, double Arc Divider's damage is insane on players/lower HP mobs.

What about some ways to reduce cooldown of Berserk by using rage skills out of Berserk? What about fixed Berserk duration (15-20 seconds) and instead of prolonging Berserk, successfully landing e.g. Head Butt will now reduce Berserk CD by 5 seconds, Outrage by 1 seconds (5 seconds when breaking from stun), Wild Blow by 3 seconds, etc?

This way, taking and using all rage skills out of Berserk (now thinking without alacrity) would recharge Berserk completely and allowed Berserker to have less "being-useless" downtime? It doesn't have to be complete Berserk recharge, just shorter Berserk downtime overall.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> "You never used any F1" ... "besides Longbow" ... "causes you to think you're missing something"

damn and all that time i really "thought" i was using the normal longbow burst as important part of the condi rotation, guess i must have been seeing things but i am glad you came along and told me. #wokenow

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > "You never used any F1" ... "besides Longbow" ... "causes you to think you're missing something"

>

> kitten and all that time i really "thought" i was using the normal longbow burst as important part of the condi rotation, guess i must have been seeing things but i am glad you came along and told me. #wokenow

>

>

You even quote me where I say that.. what's your point?

After trying the new Berserker for a few hours I'm back to Core Warrior. I'm no expert but I just felt like a chicken after berserk mode runs out. I just couldn´t handle the condis, stuns and knockbacks. Was not fun.

Please, whatever you do after this patch, leave Core untouched. After the recent nerfs on spellbreaker this is the last build working for me.

Cheers!

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> The normal burst removal is so irrelevant. You never used any F1 anyway besides Longbow outside of Berserker mode. Simply having removed the option to do so causes you to *think* you're missing something, but it was largely inconsequential.

that's the biggest BS I've read so far in the forums. I don't care for your meta build or perfect rotation. The class is not fun to play anymore simply because it works on a timer. I've been playing warrior for almost 7 years and this is the worst ive seen it. Like others, I also went back to core warrior and removed berseker from the traitline.

12.5 sec of no access to any burst skills so no adrenal health no "burst" damage ....nada......and with obvious red glow animation everyone gonna know "oh look hes not glowing red means he cant burst me "

Whichever anet developer/manager came up with that idea deserves the "golden raspberry" award of game design.

> @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> Its still early, but I am seeing a lot more Mace usage along with RR. I also caught a guy running sigil of draining as well (with mace).

Mace with RR and sigil of draining was pretty much the default setup with Berserker when HOT was released and even now if you use Mace or Dagger on Spellbreaker you ALWAYS take sigil of draining since its the best in slot sigil.

what if berserk works like photon forge?

that you need to be full at rage (rage depletes when not using rage skills, not at max adrenaline, or out of combat)

when rage value < 20 you get kicked out of berserk

when rage value > 90 you take increased damage (-600 toughness penalty) but deal +20% extra damage to mimic the uncontrolled and blind frenzy

just rework photon forge (without new weapon skills) for berserk as mentioned above. repalce heat with rage

add effects to it same as photon forge. above heat (rage now) your weapon skills and utility skills have increased uses

how would you like that?

> @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> It should hit like a truck. as well,

>

> Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> > It should hit like a truck. as well,

> >

> > Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

>

> In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

30k gs burst, yea right XD

in a full raid build, with all the raid buffs, boons and effects gs1 hits for 48k

so you are trying to tell me/us that a single warrior with not boon other then might (if even capable of stacking 25 alone) hits for 75% of a totally buffed up raid variant with every offensive buff off every spec including ranger buff, rev fercoity aura, you name it

i'm not buying it, i know better.

highest "burst" i got was a 15k decapitate, and that's allready high

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > > I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> > > It should hit like a truck. as well,

> > >

> > > Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

> >

> > In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

>

> 30k gs burst, yea right XD

>

> in a full raid build, with all the raid buffs, boons and effects gs1 hits for 48k

> so you are trying to tell me/us that a single warrior with not boon other then might (if even capable of stacking 25 alone) hits for 75% of a totally buffed up raid variant with every offensive buff off every spec including ranger buff, rev fercoity aura, you name it

>

>

> i'm not buying it, i know better.

>

> highest "burst" i got was a 15k decapitate, and that's allready high

Im talking about WvW,and Yes youve read correctly a 30k+ Gs burst mister "Energy sigil gives warri every 5 sec endurance back". Im Pretty sure you know better ;)

Besides unlike some,im not on these forums to spout BS,if i say ive hit 30k why would i lie ? You take it or you dont take it,fine by me dude. Instead you could have maybe asked how i was able to hit that high. I also didnt talk about Decap i specifically mentioned GS Burst.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> > It should hit like a truck. as well,

> >

> > Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

>

> In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

Well, then why does this thread exists in the first place? ^^

I personally think that warriors damage isn't low at all, neither is reaper's but its dps is quite low which kinda makes both classes undesirable?

I'm not sure.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > > > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > > > I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> > > > It should hit like a truck. as well,

> > > >

> > > > Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

> > >

> > > In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

> >

> > 30k gs burst, yea right XD

> >

> > in a full raid build, with all the raid buffs, boons and effects gs1 hits for 48k

> > so you are trying to tell me/us that a single warrior with not boon other then might (if even capable of stacking 25 alone) hits for 75% of a totally buffed up raid variant with every offensive buff off every spec including ranger buff, rev fercoity aura, you name it

> >

> >

> > i'm not buying it, i know better.

> >

> > highest "burst" i got was a 15k decapitate, and that's allready high

>

> Im talking about WvW,and Yes youve read correctly a 30k+ Gs burst mister "Energy sigil gives warri every 5 sec endurance back". Im Pretty sure you know better ;)

hah can't believe you even take that thread serious, in case u haven't noticed it it was a paradoy thread on the "we want baseline fast hands" thread

thanks for the laugh

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > > > > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > > > > I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> > > > > It should hit like a truck. as well,

> > > > >

> > > > > Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

> > > >

> > > > In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

> > >

> > > 30k gs burst, yea right XD

> > >

> > > in a full raid build, with all the raid buffs, boons and effects gs1 hits for 48k

> > > so you are trying to tell me/us that a single warrior with not boon other then might (if even capable of stacking 25 alone) hits for 75% of a totally buffed up raid variant with every offensive buff off every spec including ranger buff, rev fercoity aura, you name it

> > >

> > >

> > > i'm not buying it, i know better.

> > >

> > > highest "burst" i got was a 15k decapitate, and that's allready high

> >

> > Im talking about WvW,and Yes youve read correctly a 30k+ Gs burst mister "Energy sigil gives warri every 5 sec endurance back". Im Pretty sure you know better ;)

>

> hah can't believe you even take that thread serious, in case u haven't noticed it it was a paradoy thread on the "we want baseline fast hands" thread

>

> thanks for the laugh

Sure bud,if you say so lol ;)

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> what if berserk works like photon forge?

>

> that you need to be full at rage (rage depletes when not using rage skills, not at max adrenaline, or out of combat)

> when rage value < 20 you get kicked out of berserk

> when rage value > 90 you take increased damage (-600 toughness penalty) but deal +20% extra damage to mimic the uncontrolled and blind frenzy

>

>

> just rework photon forge (without new weapon skills) for berserk as mentioned above. repalce heat with rage

> add effects to it same as photon forge. above heat (rage now) your weapon skills and utility skills have increased uses

>

>

>

> how would you like that?

That would have been a smarter move than what we have right now.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > > > > > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > > > > > I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> > > > > > It should hit like a truck. as well,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

> > > > >

> > > > > In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

> > > >

> > > > 30k gs burst, yea right XD

> > > >

> > > > in a full raid build, with all the raid buffs, boons and effects gs1 hits for 48k

> > > > so you are trying to tell me/us that a single warrior with not boon other then might (if even capable of stacking 25 alone) hits for 75% of a totally buffed up raid variant with every offensive buff off every spec including ranger buff, rev fercoity aura, you name it

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > i'm not buying it, i know better.

> > > >

> > > > highest "burst" i got was a 15k decapitate, and that's allready high

> > >

> > > Im talking about WvW,and Yes youve read correctly a 30k+ Gs burst mister "Energy sigil gives warri every 5 sec endurance back". Im Pretty sure you know better ;)

> >

> > hah can't believe you even take that thread serious, in case u haven't noticed it it was a paradoy thread on the "we want baseline fast hands" thread

> >

> > thanks for the laugh

>

> Sure bud,if you say so lol ;)

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > Not sure If i understand you correctly but warrior can pretty much stunlock you to death thanks to boonrip on spellbreaker and immob on CC also will prevent them from evading. You know ppl do only 1 dodge mechanically after breakstun, but they cant because immob, so they dont expect they wont dodge, mind games...

> > > > > I agree ranger is dumb and its damage just ridiculous but its not something we have control over. Such biased hypocrites as Trevor get in the way of bringing justified nerfs on this using exact same arguments as certain mirage players :)

> > > > > (I thought you would be hostile to me since I main mesmer... :blush: )

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > There are exceptions, I have respect for countless and zeromis for example. I have respect for Hiro/Talgo for ranger mains as well (sad he doesn't play anymore, he would tank people on a point when everybody was saying ranger was underpowered XD)

> > > >

> > > > Also, now that I think about it, maybe **unsuspecting foe spellbreaker might become strong** (THIS is how we should be discussing people)

> > > >

> > > > Spellbreaker might start being able to do damage with soldier amulet in WvW, and with Cavalier amulet in PvP IF baseline fasthands is implemented. Any thoughts on that? Arms + Def + Spellbreaker, Str + Arms + Spellbreaker for example.

> > >

> > > amulets in wvw?

> > > new player detected..

> > Wow he said soldier amulet ! which doesnt exist in pvp for a long time ...may be thats you who is the new ?(also that obvious he meant soldier armor) Your thread about weapon swapping is a meme dude, you cant get sigils on swap faster than its CD because they would be still on CD.

> > @"BlackTruth.6813"

> > Everyone hate me tho , why wouldnt you hate me as well ? :open_mouth:

>

> was the bait not obvious enough?

> it is mandatory in a forum to make a thread, fabricate some facts and make that the reason, and only reason to ask for buffs/nerfs

> wait till you see my new thread that will pop up tommorow

>

> "unblockable signet is way to strong in some builds, 12 seconds unblockable on a 20 seconds cooldown is even worse than what rangers have (4 seconds on 10 second cooldown)

>

> as off lately i see more and more str/arms/berserker builds both in ranked and unranked, atm they can be dealt with with relative ease, you can burst them after they tried to land thier attempts at nuking you, but then they are left defenseless when caught on the wrong weaponset (rifle) which has no utility but a knockback.

>

> now imagine if fast hands become baseline, then the only counter (minus line of sight) is erased, and this build will be very annoying, or near impossible to deal with once you get +1'd"

>

>

>

> ^ how is that for a starter?

>

> might even suggesting a nerf to unblockable signet, to make it like revenant, only x attacks will become unblockable, instead of full duration ON TOP of why baseline fast hands is a bad idea

>

> ah yes, this might work

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72573/discipline-more-specifically-fast-hands/p4

page 4, scroll down look at date (that's right, 21 days ago) but keep it up, you are ammusing

literally everyone is upset with berserker, and here u are claiming 9k autoas (which is again close to full raid boons and buffs) ,and 30k bursts

i have numbers, and a dps golem backing me up..you have a story

which is more likely to be true?

oh look, what do we have here..compare your solo numbers vs full raid ready numbers

and what about this?

don't these numbers look more realistic 10-12k gs 1 no clue where your magical 30k+ come from, when full raid ready conditions (including 25 vulnerability, and pretty much every offensive buff) can't put gs f1 above 56k, you do more then half, just on your own

yea, right :disappointed:

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> what if berserk works like photon forge?

>

> that you need to be full at rage (rage depletes when not using rage skills, not at max adrenaline, or out of combat)

> when rage value < 20 you get kicked out of berserk

> when rage value > 90 you take increased damage (-600 toughness penalty) but deal +20% extra damage to mimic the uncontrolled and blind frenzy

>

>

> just rework photon forge (without new weapon skills) for berserk as mentioned above. repalce heat with rage

> add effects to it same as photon forge. above heat (rage now) your weapon skills and utility skills have increased uses

>

>

>

> how would you like that?

That is actually not bad, but it would require basically another rework :D Not sure if Anet will do that anytime soon. They will probably just leave Berserker as it is now with few additional changes over next months. I hope it won't take them too long, but we all know how it usually is...

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > > I wonder why berserker´s damage is quite low, considering that this class is the only class that can over 3k power without boons and even scratches the 4k mark.

> > > It should hit like a truck. as well,

> > >

> > > Or maybe it hits like a truck but has low dps, if that´s the case then I whish such treatment for all other classes as well except reaper.

> >

> > In what world does Berserk hit low ? Ive seen many people claim this so far and it made me scratch my head, think thats how you build and what gear you use and the runes you use on them aswell. Ive been hitting for 7 -9k auto attacks on gs yesterday,seen 30k+ gs bursts aswell in wvw. Ive never seen people melt this fast vs warri. It gets especially fun if you drop defense and go strength/disc/berserk. Your sustain will be horrid but your damage be over the top. Make sure you have someone with you for sustain like an Fb.

>

> 30k gs burst, yea right XD

>

> in a full raid build, with all the raid buffs, boons and effects gs1 hits for 48k

> so you are trying to tell me/us that a single warrior with not boon other then might (if even capable of stacking 25 alone) hits for 75% of a totally buffed up raid variant with every offensive buff off every spec including ranger buff, rev fercoity aura, you name it

>

>

> i'm not buying it, i know better.

>

> highest "burst" i got was a 15k decapitate, and that's allready high

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508115318900523008/570487907387834381/unknown.png

That's in hotm (two arc dividers chained though so 33k each).

This is complete solo, pvp gear, self buffs only on a heavy armor golem.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> @"melandru.3876"

> What about this: https://imgur.com/Lkik8u7

> It is double Arc Divider with Blood Reckoning.

that is not a single arc divider, is it?

that's like rangers claiming to do 100k rapid fires with quick draw (no, that's not possible) while in tehory they used it twice.

following that logic i can do 100k decapitate.

berserk, decapitate, bloodreckoning, decapitate, signet of fury, decapitate,headbutt decapitate

i swear guys it was only 1 decapitate..

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"melandru.3876"

> > What about this: https://imgur.com/Lkik8u7

> > It is double Arc Divider with Blood Reckoning.

>

> Yup Its easy af to manage 30k,some people just dont know how to apparantly and rather call me out for a liar,please.

I hit someone for 37k with it haha. It's totally possible with full might stacks and vulnerability on burst. 200 power on kill food. Etc. People are just bad. Berserker is amazing in WvW now, I outdps Heralds and Weavers atm.

> @"Mesket.5728" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > The normal burst removal is so irrelevant. You never used any F1 anyway besides Longbow outside of Berserker mode. Simply having removed the option to do so causes you to *think* you're missing something, but it was largely inconsequential.

>

> that's the biggest BS I've read so far in the forums. I don't care for your meta build or perfect rotation. The class is not fun to play anymore simply because it works on a timer. I've been playing warrior for almost 7 years and this is the worst ive seen it. Like others, I also went back to core warrior and removed berseker from the traitline.

Yeah I agree, it's not fun. Sitting at 30 adrenaline for 10 seconds with nothing to spend it on is stupid. If they follow up on it, reduce the cooldown to ~8-10 seconds it could end up being a good change for berserker. It makes the spec slightly more distinct from core warrior and probably facilitates balancing. But the long cooldown on Berserk funnels it too hard towards spamming rage skills or waiting on a cooldown 50% of the time.

For PvP and WvW the reworked spec seems to be better already so that's a plus.

After all if I trusted the devs to do the right thing in a timely fashion I'd be quite content with the changes. Sadly the skills team addresses balance only infrequently, most of the time they just ignore current balance issues and do unrelated stuff. So expect to be waiting for a long time...