Do you want more mounts in the future?

With the current state of the UI, adding any more mounts would create problems as we already have too many to just use hotkeys for controlling them. If they improve the UI then it could be possible. That being said, I think the only thing we really lack at this point is an underwater mount; anything else would end up being redundant with current mounts.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes because I also want an underwater mount.

In general though I'd say it depends on what they do. I absolutely would not want Anet to start creating mounts just for the sake of having them. So far I think they've done a good job of giving us a variety without duplicating them, and I think it would be a shame for that to change. So I only want Anet to create a new mount if they're confident it fills a niche which is not currently filled and which would be useful and fun for players. Like an underwater mount. :D

I think it's a mistake to pretend we know what niches for mounts are or aren't available to ANet's creativity. I don't even want to presume on whether it would or wouldn't be worth it to see a mount that supersedes or overlaps the functionality of existing mounts. What if there was a mount that behaved like a skimmer on water, could fly-not-fly like a griffon (with perhaps some trade off compared to those two)? That might end up being super fun.

Instead, here's my preference:

* Before adding a new mount, offer major improvements in the mount-selection UI/keybinding. It should be easier, especially for those without gaming mice.

* Any new mount should be fun to ride, regardless of utility.

* I'd also like to see one MountFit available to be earned in-game, even if it's just a dyeable version of the default.

The details of what the mount does, its handicaps, and tradeoffs versus other mounts... I leave that up to ANet. So far, I've been pleased and/or delighted with the options we've had so far. I'm willing to assume that the next Mount will be "worth it."

Since the Skyscale seems like an attempt to check off a wall climbing mount from Anet's list (in place of a spider mount), the only mount I can see that offers any significant advantages at this point is an underwater mount. This would be cool and useful to have and I think we'll get one in Season 5 before the next expac, which probably will have few to no new mounts, as mounts are a PoF mastery. I know they were also toying around with a multiplayer mount, so maybe that will also be something we'll get.

I would like more ingame mounts of different species. I would like to see an underwater mount like a shark or jellyfish, a flying mount like butterflies moths bats, maybe a dolyak would be cool as a sturdy but slower mount that you cant be easily dismounted from, or a 2 person mount. I would like them to be a little involved in getting but not the intensity of the skyscale. Maybe require an event and so many map currency or contracts.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> I'm kind of torn on this. _Yes_, I wouldn't mind another mount, but on the other hand I'm running out of binding keys.

Hot keys for mounts was kind of annoying as we run out of spare keys but tbh I just fixed that by unbinding Raptor since imo having the Griffon and Skyscale renders it defunct in it's movement ability, tbh it was already the least used mount before that point when I found I could cross the same gap by double jumping the Jackal.

i am not against mounts, the more the better, i am against huge grind to obtain them.

the core mounts are easily done, the griffon is exclusive enough (a pain to get) but it's not that hard to get, the beetle is the exact balance between hard to get and good enough.

the skyscale however is the exact example how much Anet has fallen, going from a normal earn to the huge WoW grind GW2 is not made for.

so yeah, add more mounts, just stop adding huge grind.

I think if we had a wall crawling spider mount and an underwater mount all bases would be covered.

I think it would be more beneficial after that to start building onto the mounts and their capabilities. Maybe also reworking Warclaw to have different pve functionality like stealth or something.

Honestly they could just give skyclaw the ability to actually climb as well as cling and although cool, a spider mount wouldn't even be necessary. I just like the idea of riding around on a giant spider. lol

And no idea about what they would do for an underwater mount. Maybe somekind of Leviathan or dolphin or something. Leviathan could be cool because they could make some crazy skins with it. Like an angular fish or whatever that thing is with the light antenna.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> I think if we had a wall crawling spider mount and an underwater mount all bases would be covered.

>

> I think it would be more beneficial after that to start building onto the mounts and their capabilities. Maybe also reworking Warclaw to have different pve functionality like stealth or something.

>

> Honestly they could just give skyclaw the ability to actually climb as well as cling and although cool, a spider mount wouldn't even be necessary. I just like the idea of riding around on a giant spider. lol

>

> And no idea about what they would do for an underwater mount. Maybe somekind of Leviathan or dolphin or something. Leviathan could be cool because they could make some crazy skins with it. Like an angular fish or whatever that thing is with the light antenna.

Yes, please, on the spider!!! :heart:

The underwater mount could logically be a dolphin or drake or or type of fish or something completely new. Jellyfish are lovely but don’t make sense to me as a mount — for one, where would you sit? Another option that could be fun is a squid, with a mastery to shoot away leaving a cloud of ink behind you that temporarily blinds/confuses your enemies! =)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I think it's a mistake to pretend we know what niches for mounts are or aren't available to ANet's creativity. I don't even want to presume on whether it would or wouldn't be worth it to see a mount that supersedes or overlaps the functionality of existing mounts. What if there was a mount that behaved like a skimmer on water, could fly-not-fly like a griffon (with perhaps some trade off compared to those two)? That might end up being super fun.

>

> Instead, here's my preference:

> * Before adding a new mount, offer major improvements in the mount-selection UI/keybinding. It should be easier, especially for those without gaming mice.

> * Any new mount should be fun to ride, regardless of utility.

> * I'd also like to see one MountFit available to be earned in-game, even if it's just a dyeable version of the default.

>

> The details of what the mount does, its handicaps, and tradeoffs versus other mounts... I leave that up to ANet. So far, I've been pleased and/or delighted with the options we've had so far. I'm willing to assume that the next Mount will be "worth it."

Agreed on all points! =)

I would love to see some sort of underwater mount. And a skin(?) for a warhorse, because i have paladin type toons that need something huge and brawny. I know, almost every other game has the default horse, but something big and armored would be lovely still.

I didn't think we needed any more mounts, but I love the Skyscale. Who knows what other interesting options they might think up? And, yes, an underwater mount would be appreciated.

But I don't want them to start cranking out new mounts just for the sake of cranking out new mounts. No more mounts...unless there's a good reason for them.