Wild Eye Miller is back

> @"Image.8630" said:

> Yeah what you get is not on the preview its only garbage. Low lv mat or fungus, stones, goo, broken lockpick etc. pure junk. :(

Well, it's technically there. The common section contains a "Pile Of Junk", Probably an instant consumable.

> @"Image.8630" said:

> 40 gold!? but volatile magic is free. I had like 85k of it. It let me get rid of some of it, I had nothing else to use all of that for.

You can buy shipments (usually trophy) with VM + Gold, and usually make money back or more. There's also stat selectable trinkets in the latest LS4 map.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > magic better than mithril . . .

> > How so?

> >

> > Someone estimated maxing the current achievements would cost 40 gold worth of volatile magic (if the VM were converted to crates instead).

> >

>

> Even at current prices it would take over 70g worth of mithril to max all the related cheeves. And that's at current prices.

I wasn't present for the mithril version, so I didn't realize that all the achievements were available then; I thought it was just the _Benefactor_.

> Players unfortunate enough to come in a few hours late to the first event -- but not so late as to miss it entirely -- would have spent four times as much . . .

Good point. I wasn't considering the fact that mithril is a commodity.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > magic better than mithril . . .

> > > How so?

> > >

> > > Someone estimated maxing the current achievements would cost 40 gold worth of volatile magic (if the VM were converted to crates instead).

> > >

> >

> > Even at current prices it would take over 70g worth of mithril to max all the related cheeves. And that's at current prices.

> I wasn't present for the mithril version, so I didn't realize that all the achievements were available then; I thought it was just the _Benefactor_.

>

Idk either tbh. They were all present in the hero panel, but I only did I,II and III the first time around. The degree to which I had exploited my fellow players only allowed me to purchase that much mithril without dipping into my own gold, so I left the repeatable cheeve for another day. I have heard that additional mithril donations were not tolling the repeatable cheeve the first time around but I have no idea if that is true . . .

> @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> Isn't 1 VM worth about 1.3 silver now? Easily more than mithril.

Nope. Remember it was mithril ingots -- not ore -- that the mf dude wanted. Ingots rn are also around 1.3 (idk if 1.3 for vm is accurate but I have no reason to doubt you :) ) but got up over 4s during the event . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> Idk either tbh. They were all present in the hero panel, but I only did I,II and III the first time around. The degree to which I had exploited my fellow players only allowed me to purchase that much mithril without dipping into my own gold, so I left the repeatable cheeve for another day. I have heard that additional mithril donations were not tolling the repeatable cheeve the first time around but I have no idea if that is true . . .

That is in fact true. I dropped close to 2K ingots (mithril is the one mat I have to sell or give away to friends just to avoid overflow in my bank, and I have 2K material storage). I still had 0 AP from it after that. Today I pumped in enough magic to get the 15 AP and it toggled up just fine. So you're lucky you didn't try for the repeat.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

>

> > Idk either tbh. They were all present in the hero panel, but I only did I,II and III the first time around. The degree to which I had exploited my fellow players only allowed me to purchase that much mithril without dipping into my own gold, so I left the repeatable cheeve for another day. I have heard that additional mithril donations were not tolling the repeatable cheeve the first time around but I have no idea if that is true . . .

>

> That is in fact true. I dropped close to 2K ingots (mithril is the one mat I have to sell or give away to friends just to avoid overflow in my bank, and I have 2K material storage). I still had 0 AP from it after that. Today I pumped in enough magic to get the 15 AP and it toggled up just fine. So you're lucky you didn't try for the repeat.

>

Lucky or poor, but why quibble ;)

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > And AGAIN there was no way to find out about this except players noticing and telling other people or stumbling into it yourself. ANet why? Would it be so hard to send out a mail?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I’m not saying that this was an effective announcement but just that there was one.

> > >

> > > If they even added it into patchnotes it would have been better, because then bots specifically meant to notify players of changes made to the game would pick up on it.

> > > Outside websites are not the right place to post news.

> >

> > Well they posted it here on the forum and on twitter, which is where they told us in advance they would announce it. The announcement also mentions that the event is designed to last longer this time so ppl have more time to find out about it before it goes away. Always room for improvement, but I think they made a sufficient effort to inform interested players . . .

>

> This is implying that people actually knew about the event the first time it came around and had come looking for more information on it. Which many players probably don't even know the first one happened, much less that they had to look on twitter for the second. It's bad communication.

It was one of those.. well we might tell yeah when someone notices it doesn't work and complains about it.. even now they made as little effort to make it known as possible.

TBH I still have no clue how to get Wild Eye Miller to even talk to me :0

EDIT - Lol, ANET decided Wild Eye Miller should have a case of split identity.. his alter ego is at the forge, his normal endearing ignorant ego is up by Claw Island Portage as ever :)

No, core-only accounts do not accumulate Unbound or Volatile Magics. At least they did not the last time I looked. For example, those bits gathered in a home instance from the corresponding nodes. They pop up like they are being collected, but don't show in the wallet.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> ...Lol, ANET decided Wild Eye Miller should have a case of split identity.. his alter ego is at the forge, his normal endearing ignorant ego is up by Claw Island Portage as ever :)

Yeah, when I first saw the op's post I checked on the wiki to see who, what and where Wild Eye Miller was. When I got to Lion's Arch I jumped to Claw Island Portage and tracked the guy down there. He was like all "Huh? Wha? I dunno nothing!". Luckily I went to the Mystic Forge to see what was up there. Lo and Behold Miller's evil twin was holding court there surrounded by such a large mob I almost missed him. A bazillion volatile magics later I had my ap and my new title. :)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> OMG! Just got a Tricolor Key ô.O ...from one of the reward bags for the achievement 'Mystic Forge 'Researcher"'. =)

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/pf3OdUm.jpg "")

>

> Those have not been available since 2015, right? <3 Do I dare using it? Or should I keep it?

I saw a few posts about these in map chat — what is this “tricolor key” anyway?

Just curious. I’m not going to dump anything of value for RNG plus some AP. Now if bloodstone dust or similar were wanted I’d be happy to lose my extra stacks!

> @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > OMG! Just got a Tricolor Key ô.O ...from one of the reward bags for the achievement 'Mystic Forge 'Researcher"'. =)

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/pf3OdUm.jpg "")

> >

> > Those have not been available since 2015, right? <3 Do I dare using it? Or should I keep it?

>

> I saw a few posts about these in map chat — what is this “tricolor key” anyway?

>

> Just curious. I’m not going to dump anything of value for RNG plus some AP. Now if bloodstone dust or similar were wanted I’d be happy to lose my extra stacks!

It was related to the living world season 1 episode Tower of Nightmares and unlocked a chest in there and later LA

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > It was related to the living world season 1 episode Tower of Nightmares and unlocked a chest in there.

>

> So it was _not_ connected to the pre-HoT Mordrem events? What was that item called again then?

The mordrem events brought back all kinds of things related to LS1 including the tricolor key.

2013 was the original release for them where they formed a main part of the reward system for the open world dungeon Tower of Nightmares and the 2015 Mordrem invasion was their last appearance until the current events.

If my memory holds, the 2015 mordrem event was when they put the chest into the undermarket since the Tower was gone. Hazy memory may excuse any inaccuracies on that bit

So is this event working now? I saw reports of it being stalled, or maybe just advancing imperceptibly slow? Which is it?

I haven't had a chance to go to LA, barely had time to login in for rewards.

I hope these "1 day" events aren't going to be common now. Especially mid-week when many people are working/have lives.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> So is this event working now? I saw reports of it being stalled, or maybe just advancing imperceptibly slow? Which is it?

>

> I haven't had a chance to go to LA, barely had time to login in for rewards.

>

> I hope these "1 day" events aren't going to be common now. Especially mid-week when many people are working/have lives.

It's working. It is progressing slowly, but presumably because donations are toning down as players get what they want from it (entirely expected). I expect it to take at least most of the weekend to complete

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> So is this event working now? I saw reports of it being stalled, or maybe just advancing imperceptibly slow? Which is it?

>

> I haven't had a chance to go to LA, barely had time to login in for rewards.

>

> I hope these "1 day" events aren't going to be common now. Especially mid-week when many people are working/have lives.

Pretty sure that's why it's progressing so slowly, anet wanted to make sure it lasted longer than last time so ppl would have an opportunity to participate . . .