I want to play the role of the world boss, let the player attack me.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> I would like something like this in WvW honestly. Big NPC Boss and players control Powerful Boss Minions to attack players of enemy factions.

If something like this happens, I agree wvw would be the best place to place it.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> 1. I don't see that being possible mechanically.

> 2. It's called PvE for a reason. Player versus Environment. Not Player versus Player posing as Environment.

Just this.

I can't understand why players want so bad open world pvp, it is not a feature that made a lot of success in other games and definitely does not fit in a casual mmorpg like GW2, we got WvW for a reason and just seeing how bad it is cared by anet you can notice the odds of having something related to OW pvp.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> If I recall correctly the big bosses were described as turrets or structures, which is why they (mostly) stay in one place and attack from that one spot. They’d have to be completely removed and redone (not that it isn’t an interesting idea, it’s just unlikely).

I imagine if it did happen it would be a bit like using a turret or cannon or something - you'd be fixed in place, probably with the camera zoomed out and given a new set of skills specific to the boss, a combination of basic attacks and special things like the Shadow Behemoth summoning portals, but those would have a longer cool down.

I think it could be interesting, but definitely more appropriate for WvW than PvE, and probably either as an expensive upgrade to a tower or keep, or a kind of bonus event outside of the normally active areas, not something players could do all the time.

You already do this to a certain extent during the Octovine event in Auric Basin with the Exalted Armors. Might say the same of driving a golem in WvW. It's a neat idea but we can't have nice things because of what @"mindcircus.1506" said.

If players can abuse something to the end of griefing or trivializing content, they will.

They can try to make a special event were you can play as a minion of Elder Dragon, The Tainted vs Acolyte of Aurene.

You can have one big quest were at the end you need to choose to fight the corruption or to embrace it.

In the new map both side must inflict damaged by capturing zones and corrupted or saving npc. It will also have the Pvp that people wanted since you are never safe.

It will be exactly like WvW just different skin.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"huluobo.7036" said:

> > Suggestions Let players play the bad guys and help the world boss and the player fight

> >

> > The player controls the world boss and everything becomes unpredictable

>

> Just go 2 wvw bc pvp stuff not happening in pve.

Let’s he honest swag... it isn’t happening much there either.,

But yeah, would be too much open world PvP and without predictability, the world bosses wouldn’t die, loot would go away, people would leave.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"huluobo.7036" said:

> > > Suggestions Let players play the bad guys and help the world boss and the player fight

> > >

> > > The player controls the world boss and everything becomes unpredictable

> >

> > Just go 2 wvw bc pvp stuff not happening in pve.

>

> Let’s he honest swag... it isn’t happening much there either.,

>

> But yeah, would be too much open world PvP and without predictability, the world bosses wouldn’t die, loot would go away, people would leave.

Yeah, but the OP could stand inside SMC and protect the lord for fun :)

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"huluobo.7036" said:

> > > > Suggestions Let players play the bad guys and help the world boss and the player fight

> > > >

> > > > The player controls the world boss and everything becomes unpredictable

> > >

> > > Just go 2 wvw bc pvp stuff not happening in pve.

> >

> > Let’s he honest swag... it isn’t happening much there either.,

> >

> > But yeah, would be too much open world PvP and without predictability, the world bosses wouldn’t die, loot would go away, people would leave.

>

> Yeah, but the OP could stand inside SMC and protect the lord for fun :)

I’d be down for that. Would certainly make lords room fights more.... interesting..

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"huluobo.7036" said:

> > > > > Suggestions Let players play the bad guys and help the world boss and the player fight

> > > > >

> > > > > The player controls the world boss and everything becomes unpredictable

> > > >

> > > > Just go 2 wvw bc pvp stuff not happening in pve.

> > >

> > > Let’s he honest swag... it isn’t happening much there either.,

> > >

> > > But yeah, would be too much open world PvP and without predictability, the world bosses wouldn’t die, loot would go away, people would leave.

> >

> > Yeah, but the OP could stand inside SMC and protect the lord for fun :)

>

> I’d be down for that. Would certainly make lords room fights more.... interesting..

But I’d want world boss loot for that...

Okay, let's assume they did put this in. Who gets to be the boss? How is that decided? Why are you so much more worthy of playing the boss than the thousands of other players who might want to do it? What if you *didn't* get to play the boss today? how would that feel?

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > @"huluobo.7036" said:

> > > > > > Suggestions Let players play the bad guys and help the world boss and the player fight

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The player controls the world boss and everything becomes unpredictable

> > > > >

> > > > > Just go 2 wvw bc pvp stuff not happening in pve.

> > > >

> > > > Let’s he honest swag... it isn’t happening much there either.,

> > > >

> > > > But yeah, would be too much open world PvP and without predictability, the world bosses wouldn’t die, loot would go away, people would leave.

> > >

> > > Yeah, but the OP could stand inside SMC and protect the lord for fun :)

> >

> > I’d be down for that. Would certainly make lords room fights more.... interesting..

>

> But I’d want world boss loot for that...

Potential for cosmetic infusions to drop off of players, but only inside the lords room!

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > @"huluobo.7036" said:

> > > > > > > Suggestions Let players play the bad guys and help the world boss and the player fight

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The player controls the world boss and everything becomes unpredictable

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just go 2 wvw bc pvp stuff not happening in pve.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let’s he honest swag... it isn’t happening much there either.,

> > > > >

> > > > > But yeah, would be too much open world PvP and without predictability, the world bosses wouldn’t die, loot would go away, people would leave.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, but the OP could stand inside SMC and protect the lord for fun :)

> > >

> > > I’d be down for that. Would certainly make lords room fights more.... interesting..

> >

> > But I’d want world boss loot for that...

>

> Potential for cosmetic infusions to drop off of players, but only inside the lords room!

People would pitch tents in there.. can you imagine the lag??!