Will additional Build template slots also be Gemstore ONLY like ascended cooking?

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> After watching the WoodenPotatoes video I think it’s for Legendary gear also. It’s not going to be for the masses.

This would be an incredible way to piss off a lot of people. Feature that's been asked for, for years, finally gets implemented and then only applies to gear that a minority of the playerbase even has. Really hope this isn't actually the case.

> @"Saniyah.1984" said:

> Will additional Build template slots also be Gemstore ONLY like ascended cooking?

> I so hope you won't do that! if you do will you forced arcdps developer to remove build templates so it won't interfere with business?

First, the developer of Arc has said repeatedly that they long for the day when ANet implements build templates so that they don't have to keep updating the code for it. It's got nothing to do with the gem shop.

Second, as has been pointed out, Ascended cooking is not limited by the gem shop. Harvesting cultivated seeds is limited to 4 seeds per day, but since anyone can buy those seeds, no one's ascended cooking is limited. Buying additional garden plots allows people to sell more seeds, but that's got nothing to do with build templates.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> The footage of the build tenplates in action didnt show the armor changing at all. One could take that as it working only with legendary armor (which would in my opinion kinda suck)

Wasn't the character wearing legendary armor, though? In any case, what they showed there was pretty meaningless without providing further details. We already knew BT were coming.

> @"MrRuin.9740" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > After watching the WoodenPotatoes video I think it’s for Legendary gear also. It’s not going to be for the masses.

>

> This would be an incredible way to kitten off a lot of people.

It would for sure. ANet could have clarified that yesterday, but no...

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> The footage of the build tenplates in action didnt show the armor changing at all. One could take that as it working only with legendary armor (which would in my opinion kinda suck)

Why would anyone assume that the few bits we saw during the presentation were the entire extent of the feature? They offered no details at all.

I can't imagine any reason why ANet would say, "hey, look, big feature you guys have been asking about since 2012... and it will only be available for 15% of the community."

Let's try to wait until ANet actually announces the features before getting upset about what it might or might not turn out to be.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > The footage of the build tenplates in action didnt show the armor changing at all. One could take that as it working only with legendary armor (which would in my opinion kinda suck)

>

> Why would anyone assume that the few bits we saw during the presentation were the entire extent of the feature? They offered no details at all.

>

> I can't imagine any reason why ANet would say, "hey, look, big feature you guys have been asking about since 2012... and it will only be available for 15% of the community."

>

> ****

> Let's try to wait until ANet actually announces the features before getting upset about what it might or might not turn out to be.

I didnt say its a fact im only saying my opinion based on what we saw, that it could potentially be exclusive to legendary quality stuff and that that would not go over well.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > The footage of the build tenplates in action didnt show the armor changing at all. One could take that as it working only with legendary armor (which would in my opinion kinda suck)

>

> Why would anyone assume that the few bits we saw during the presentation were the entire extent of the feature? They offered no details at all.

>

> I can't imagine any reason why ANet would say, "hey, look, big feature you guys have been asking about since 2012... and it will only be available for 15% of the community."

>

> ****

> Let's try to wait until ANet actually announces the features before getting upset about what it might or might not turn out to be.

Unless I missed a lot we barely saw anything of build templates in the presentation. It can't be the entire system because there was no UI, no sign of any way to save a build or even anything showing how they swapped to a different one (although if you do get just 1 saved build I guess it could be a key binding). Which means we still don't have any details on how it will actually work.