Turning Living Story into Mini Raids is just Genius

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> Turning Living Story into Mini Raids is just Genius . Good job on whoever came up with this. This would make Living Story instances more enjoyable to be run many times after.

>

> its talked about on the reddit but here a pic for discussion here.

> ![](https://i.redd.it/boc82p2rslk31.jpg "")

>

>

As usual, if the rewards aren't there, it's not going to be repeatable...

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > Turning Living Story into Mini Raids is just Genius . Good job on whoever came up with this. This would make Living Story instances more enjoyable to be run many times after.

> >

> > its talked about on the reddit but here a pic for discussion here.

> > ![](https://i.redd.it/boc82p2rslk31.jpg "")

> >

> >

>

> As usual, if the rewards aren't there, it's not going to be repeatable...

Yeah, I'm optimistic but there's a huge, unanswered question around rewards and incentives for these Strikes. Two blues and a green ain't going to be enough to get people to repeat content.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > Turning Living Story into Mini Raids is just Genius . Good job on whoever came up with this. This would make Living Story instances more enjoyable to be run many times after.

> > >

> > > its talked about on the reddit but here a pic for discussion here.

> > > ![](https://i.redd.it/boc82p2rslk31.jpg "")

> > >

> > >

> >

> > As usual, if the rewards aren't there, it's not going to be repeatable...

>

> Yeah, I'm optimistic but there's a huge, unanswered question around rewards and incentives for these Strikes. Two blues and a green ain't going to be enough to get people to repeat content.

No worries a new currency will be introduced so you can pick which blues you want! huzzah!

If these strike missions work out and are actually good repeatable content I hope they go back and make some older story bosses into strike missions too. Wooden Potatoes mentioned maybe giving the Zhaitan fight at the end of the personal story a strike mission that's more interesting. I'd also like things like the dragon boss thing toward the end of Season 2, Kralkatorrik's Torment, the fight with Taimi's golem, maybe even turn that Mordremoth Migraine achievement into a proper strike mission or something. Would be neat.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> If these strike missions work out and are actually good repeatable content I hope they go back and make some older story bosses into strike missions too. Wooden Potatoes mentioned maybe giving the Zhaitan fight at the end of the personal story a strike mission that's more interesting. I'd also like things like the dragon boss thing toward the end of Season 2, Kralkatorrik's Torment, the fight with Taimi's golem, maybe even turn that Mordremoth Migraine achievement into a proper strike mission or something. Would be neat.

I don't see how the fight with Zhaitan would work without a clean slate overhaul. Currently, it's a mechanical fight. More arcade than combat.

Maybe the Maw/Eye of Zhaitan will be a more _interesting_ encounter?

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > If these strike missions work out and are actually good repeatable content I hope they go back and make some older story bosses into strike missions too. Wooden Potatoes mentioned maybe giving the Zhaitan fight at the end of the personal story a strike mission that's more interesting. I'd also like things like the dragon boss thing toward the end of Season 2, Kralkatorrik's Torment, the fight with Taimi's golem, maybe even turn that Mordremoth Migraine achievement into a proper strike mission or something. Would be neat.

>

> I don't see how the fight with Zhaitan would work without a clean slate overhaul. Currently, it's a mechanical fight. More arcade than combat

True, it would require an overhaul. But still, I'd like to see that fight be more interesting than what it is darn it.

I feel it could still be kept as shooting cannons at him, but maybe make the encounter a bit more like...I guess Bandit Trio or...Sabetha or something? Where more difficult mobs show up on the platform that you have to deal with. Maybe the airship can be destroyed if you don't do well. There are raid encounters that are more than just smack this boss standing in the middle of the room. Would still require big changes though.

I'm curious to see how different they make the strike missions compared to the actual story instance bosses though, like if they even will add more mechanics to what you see in the story or if it's just the same fight but harder.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > If these strike missions work out and are actually good repeatable content I hope they go back and make some older story bosses into strike missions too. Wooden Potatoes mentioned maybe giving the Zhaitan fight at the end of the personal story a strike mission that's more interesting. I'd also like things like the dragon boss thing toward the end of Season 2, Kralkatorrik's Torment, the fight with Taimi's golem, maybe even turn that Mordremoth Migraine achievement into a proper strike mission or something. Would be neat.

> >

> > I don't see how the fight with Zhaitan would work without a clean slate overhaul. Currently, it's a mechanical fight. More arcade than combat

>

> True, it would require an overhaul. But still, I'd like to see that fight be more interesting than what it is darn it.

> I feel it could still be kept as shooting cannons at him, but maybe make the encounter a bit more like...I guess Bandit Trio or...Sabetha or something? Where more difficult mobs show up on the platform that you have to deal with. Maybe the airship can be destroyed if you don't do well. There are raid encounters that are more than just smack this boss standing in the middle of the room. Would still require big changes though.

>

> I'm curious to see how different they make the strike missions compared to the actual story instance bosses though, like if they even will add more mechanics to what you see in the story or if it's just the same fight but harder.

Maybe, three encounters. After every encounter Zhaitan clamps unto the bottom of the ship.

You then have 1 minute to break one of his claws to make him let go or the ship crashes. After the third one he grabs again.

This time you anchor his claws instead and blast the cannon straight into his maw

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > If these strike missions work out and are actually good repeatable content I hope they go back and make some older story bosses into strike missions too. Wooden Potatoes mentioned maybe giving the Zhaitan fight at the end of the personal story a strike mission that's more interesting. I'd also like things like the dragon boss thing toward the end of Season 2, Kralkatorrik's Torment, the fight with Taimi's golem, maybe even turn that Mordremoth Migraine achievement into a proper strike mission or something. Would be neat.

> > >

> > > I don't see how the fight with Zhaitan would work without a clean slate overhaul. Currently, it's a mechanical fight. More arcade than combat

> >

> > True, it would require an overhaul. But still, I'd like to see that fight be more interesting than what it is darn it.

> > I feel it could still be kept as shooting cannons at him, but maybe make the encounter a bit more like...I guess Bandit Trio or...Sabetha or something? Where more difficult mobs show up on the platform that you have to deal with. Maybe the airship can be destroyed if you don't do well. There are raid encounters that are more than just smack this boss standing in the middle of the room. Would still require big changes though.

> >

> > I'm curious to see how different they make the strike missions compared to the actual story instance bosses though, like if they even will add more mechanics to what you see in the story or if it's just the same fight but harder.

>

> Maybe, three encounters. After every encounter Zhaitan clamps unto the bottom of the ship.

> You then have 1 minute to break one of his claws to make him let go or the ship crashes. After the third one he grabs again.

> This time you anchor his claws instead and blast the cannon straight into his maw

That definitely would be more interesting. Also missed in your last comment when you edited in the Eye and Maw as suggestions. Those would probably work really well too! I nearly forgot about them. I'd just really like to see Zhaitan feel more threatening that what he was as well.

Just as long as story isn't tied to HAVING to do it as a group boss. Zhaitan wasn't always a cake fight. When the game first came out, the mobs hit hard and all party members died over and over again. You needed all five players working in concert to succeed. I remember all of my party being naked after that battle. They made the fight soloable after people stopped doing it as much.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> As usual, if the rewards aren't there, it's not going to be repeat_ed_...

FTFY

I would love for "extreme modes" like the Hearts and Minds' being added to various story missions, but also given a daily bonus reward similar to fractal CMs.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > If these strike missions work out and are actually good repeatable content I hope they go back and make some older story bosses into strike missions too. Wooden Potatoes mentioned maybe giving the Zhaitan fight at the end of the personal story a strike mission that's more interesting. I'd also like things like the dragon boss thing toward the end of Season 2, Kralkatorrik's Torment, the fight with Taimi's golem, maybe even turn that Mordremoth Migraine achievement into a proper strike mission or something. Would be neat.

>

> I don't see how the fight with Zhaitan would work without a clean slate overhaul. Currently, it's a mechanical fight. More arcade than combat.

>

> Maybe the Maw/Eye of Zhaitan will be a more _interesting_ encounter?

The Zhaitan fight was more than just press 1, though that was the most memorable and disappointing segment. That was merely the final (implemented) phase. Even if we ignore everything pre-Glory of Tyria (three champs, press-2-for-giants, Mouth of Zhaitan, and press-1-for-dragons), the Zhaitan fight that was released was split into three phases: Defend Zojja from a swarm of risen as Zhaitan flies by; Kill off three Eyes leading the final swarm defenses; press-1-for-Zhaitan while tendrils assault you.

Of course, there appears to be two missing phases (one between laser cutting off Zhaitan's tail and hitting him with hooks that cripples his largest wing which are two, disjointed, cinematics; and the second being the last phase where Zhaitan's pinned beneath the tower).

Even if the replayable Extreme Mode / Strike Mission is just on the Glory of Tyria, they could make the first two phases very interesting (especially since we got two additional risen models with S3E6 - a wyvern and giant grub; would love to see a wyvern battle on the Glory's deck), and add in the missing two phases. And somehow improve the press-1-to-win phase, somehow.

Even more could be done if it's the full mission getting the treatment.

They could even re-add some things removed in the months following release (the spawning of risen causing launches, bringing foes back up to elite rank instead of normal ranks, etc.).

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

>

> Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> >

> > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

>

> I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

No, we did not want LW changed at all.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> > >

> > > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

> >

> > I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

>

> No, we did not want LW changed at all.

A lot of story players, myself incl, wanted an additional hard mode for boss instances. Like heart and minds

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> > >

> > > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

> >

> > I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

>

> No, we did not want LW changed at all.

LW isnt changed. Strike Missions is a seperate thing were you together with 9 other players get to fight the last story boss, only this time its harder - its supposed to be a bridge to raiding.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

> > >

> > > I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

> >

> > No, we did not want LW changed at all.

>

> A lot of story players, myself incl, wanted an additional hard mode for boss instances. Like heart and minds

Mhm. I even made a thread asking for one for the final fight of LSs4 because I like the concept of the fight and thought that a more challenging version could be fun to do with friends.

> @"XatraZaytrax.2601" said:

> Just as long as story isn't tied to HAVING to do it as a group boss. Zhaitan wasn't always a cake fight. When the game first came out, the mobs hit hard and all party members died over and over again. You needed all five players working in concert to succeed. I remember all of my party being naked after that battle. They made the fight soloable after people stopped doing it as much.

I remember my first time killing him I had to get a group together via mapchat.