Give us an optional subscription for convenience stuff

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > >

> > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > >

> > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > >

> > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> >

> > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

>

> No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

If his fun is contingent on having those items then they are a necessity for having fun. That makes them a conditional need.

The items are NOT needed to PLAY the game, but they might be needed for an individual to ENJOY playing the game. I doubt it though as this would indicate that the person played without enjoying the game for years.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > I would rather buy a new game every month than the same game every month.

> > The problem is not the lack of sub, the problem is that ANerf wants money without effort hence the let's cripple our own features policy.

> > If they went back to a new xpacs every 6 months instead of the halfbaked sagas they would get as much money.

>

> There have been 2 expansion is 7 years... "back to" every 6 months? Not Guild Wars. :)

GW1 had that until GWEN. Was referring to that.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> A complete yes, just to get rid of all the players who love to complain about QoL monetization. Make it a full on subscription in that case.

>

> It's funny how people are refusing to pay a subscription in order to not have to worry about QoL feautres, but at the same time complain and refuse to actually pay for optional QoL features.

>

> It's literally: Oh no, we can't have a subscription system, I want to have complete choice on spending money on this game.

> Then rigth after that its: What, I am supposed to spend money on this game for QoL stuff? How dare you Anet!

>

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Trust me, you don't want that. Optional subscription games always end up crippling their base functionality in order to push players towards the subscrition.

> > >

> > > Full, obligatory subscription is practically always a better choice than an optional one. Asking for that is just asking for a system that mixes the worst parts of both cashshop and subscription systems together.

> >

> > Yes, EVERY game I have looked at with an 'optional' subscription was really 'well, you can play it without a sub but you will be mumbling kill me now'.

>

> and yet so many people love to complain how GW2 monetization is the worst of them all.

A GW2 with full subscription would still have QoL items saved for the cash store. Whalebait is too profitable to abandon like that. Now if we are talking about a game with full subscription and no cash store, I'd be all for it. But I don't see any games like that.

We shouldn't have to choose between "bad", "worse" and "the worst" when it comes to entertainment. Going "MMO-shopping" these days is like trying to find who's going to fleece me the least.

Nobody is stopping you from giving ANet a monthly "subscription". You can even pay variable pricing for it, from $5 USD all the way to $50 USD. You can even multiply it if there are particular things you'd rather have sooner.

You should be in control of your own money at all times, stop asking them to do it for you.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > >

> > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > >

> > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > >

> > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > >

> > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> >

> > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

>

> If his fun is contingent on having those items then they are a necessity for having fun. That makes them a conditional need.

>

> The items are NOT needed to PLAY the game, but they might be needed for an individual to ENJOY playing the game. I doubt it though as this would indicate that the person played without enjoying the game for years.

>

>

In the case of templates we had a free alternative.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > A complete yes, just to get rid of all the players who love to complain about QoL monetization. Make it a full on subscription in that case.

> >

> > It's funny how people are refusing to pay a subscription in order to not have to worry about QoL feautres, but at the same time complain and refuse to actually pay for optional QoL features.

> >

> > It's literally: Oh no, we can't have a subscription system, I want to have complete choice on spending money on this game.

> > Then rigth after that its: What, I am supposed to spend money on this game for QoL stuff? How dare you Anet!

> >

> > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > Trust me, you don't want that. Optional subscription games always end up crippling their base functionality in order to push players towards the subscrition.

> > > >

> > > > Full, obligatory subscription is practically always a better choice than an optional one. Asking for that is just asking for a system that mixes the worst parts of both cashshop and subscription systems together.

> > >

> > > Yes, EVERY game I have looked at with an 'optional' subscription was really 'well, you can play it without a sub but you will be mumbling kill me now'.

> >

> > and yet so many people love to complain how GW2 monetization is the worst of them all.

>

> A GW2 with full subscription would still have QoL items saved for the cash store. Whalebait is too profitable to abandon like that. Now if we are talking about a game with full subscription and no cash store, I'd be all for it. But I don't see any games like that.

>

> We shouldn't have to choose between "bad", "worse" and "the worst" when it comes to entertainment. Going "MMO-shopping" these days is like trying to find who's going to fleece me the least.

and given GW2 is by far one of the least expensive options, it deserves way less of the flack and complaints that people put out.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > I would rather buy a new game every month than the same game every month.

> > > The problem is not the lack of sub, the problem is that ANerf wants money without effort hence the let's cripple our own features policy.

> > > If they went back to a new xpacs every 6 months instead of the halfbaked sagas they would get as much money.

> >

> > There have been 2 expansion is 7 years... "back to" every 6 months? Not Guild Wars. :)

>

> GW1 had that until GWEN. Was referring to that.

It’s impractical to do an expansion every six months. Not even WoW can do that. If you had MMO’s spit them out at that frequencies, they’d be pretty shallow on content.

You may want to ask when production on Factions and Nightfall started because it certainly took them longer than six months to develop those two.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> A GW2 with full subscription would still have QoL items saved for the cash store. Whalebait is too profitable to abandon like that. Now if we are talking about a game with full subscription and no cash store, I'd be all for it. But I don't see any games like that.

You might look at how FF XIV store functions, for example. Things like templates would never end up in it.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > I would rather buy a new game every month than the same game every month.

> > > > The problem is not the lack of sub, the problem is that ANerf wants money without effort hence the let's cripple our own features policy.

> > > > If they went back to a new xpacs every 6 months instead of the halfbaked sagas they would get as much money.

> > >

> > > There have been 2 expansion is 7 years... "back to" every 6 months? Not Guild Wars. :)

> >

> > GW1 had that until GWEN. Was referring to that.

>

> It’s impractical to do an expansion every six months. Not even WoW can do that. If you had MMO’s spit them out at that frequencies, they’d be pretty shallow on content.

>

> You may want to ask when production on Factions and Nightfall started because it certainly took them longer than six months to develop those two.

>

IIRC they had two teams working on two xpacs simultaneously. It is feasible.

And I find it hard to believe anything can be more shallow than LS.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > >

> > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > >

> > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> >

> > If his fun is contingent on having those items then they are a necessity for having fun. That makes them a conditional need.

> >

> > The items are NOT needed to PLAY the game, but they might be needed for an individual to ENJOY playing the game. I doubt it though as this would indicate that the person played without enjoying the game for years.

> >

> >

>

> In the case of templates we had a free alternative.

A temporary third party option, allowed only until the official feature was implemented.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > >

> > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > >

> > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > >

> > > If his fun is contingent on having those items then they are a necessity for having fun. That makes them a conditional need.

> > >

> > > The items are NOT needed to PLAY the game, but they might be needed for an individual to ENJOY playing the game. I doubt it though as this would indicate that the person played without enjoying the game for years.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > In the case of templates we had a free alternative.

>

> A temporary third party option, allowed only until the official feature was implemented.

Still, it existed.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > > >

> > > > If his fun is contingent on having those items then they are a necessity for having fun. That makes them a conditional need.

> > > >

> > > > The items are NOT needed to PLAY the game, but they might be needed for an individual to ENJOY playing the game. I doubt it though as this would indicate that the person played without enjoying the game for years.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > In the case of templates we had a free alternative.

> >

> > A temporary third party option, allowed only until the official feature was implemented.

>

> Still, it existed.

An actual question from me...are there numbers on how many players used it?

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > >

> > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > >

> > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > >

> > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > >

> > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> >

> > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

>

> Yes, you are.

>

> You can need something in order for something to be fun.

No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > >

> > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > >

> > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> >

> > Yes, you are.

> >

> > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

>

> No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

>

But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > >

> > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > >

> > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > >

> > > Yes, you are.

> > >

> > > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

> >

> > No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> >

>

> But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

>

> Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to **play the game**. That's false. I made NO statement related to what someone needs to have fun ... and I don't plan to either.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, you are.

> > > >

> > > > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

> > >

> > > No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> > >

> >

> > But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

> >

> > Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

>

> That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

And some people need build templates in order for the game to be fun.

And again, outside of the technical/account parts of forums, I would say if someone in a thread about a QoL feature being added to the game 7 years after it launched officially and someone says that they need it, that there is an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" in their post.

I can't find a single spot where he stated explicitly that he needed items from the GS in order to play the game.

The closest thing said was that the game is unplayable without purchasing a lot of stuff from the GS. And if a game is boring enough to someone, it's unplayable to that person.

Like how some books people find are unreadable. It's not that they can't literally read the book, it's just that they find it so boring/bad/horribly written that they can't even force themselves to do it.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, you are.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

> > > >

> > > > No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> > > >

> > >

> > > But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

> > >

> > > Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

> >

> > That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

>

> And some people need build templates in order for the game to be fun.

OK ... that's doesn't change what I said ... build templates are not needed to play the game. If that wasn't true, no one would have been able to play this game without Arc templates. that's not the case.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, you are.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

> > > >

> > > > Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

> > >

> > > That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

> >

> > And some people need build templates in order for the game to be fun.

>

> OK ... that's doesn't change what I said ... build templates are not needed to play the game. If that wasn't true, no one would have been able to play this game without Arc templates. that's not the case.

Then stop acting like everyone is talking about need as in "need to play the game" when you know full well most people mean "need in order to have fun".

Stop assuming that if people don't say "in order to have fun" in the same sentence as "need" in an area of a forum that's not tech help or account related that they mean "to play the game". Especially when it's something obviously not needed to play the game.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, you are.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

> > > >

> > > > That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

> > >

> > > And some people need build templates in order for the game to be fun.

> >

> > OK ... that's doesn't change what I said ... build templates are not needed to play the game. If that wasn't true, no one would have been able to play this game without Arc templates. that's not the case.

>

> Then stop acting like everyone is talking about need as in "need to play the game" when you know full well most people mean "need in order to have fun".

How about this ... no I'm not going to second-guess someone when they insist they are talking about needing to play vs have fun. The statement was very clear. I like the added bit of comedy where you accuse ME of assuming ... I'm doing the NOT assuming here.

here is a new idea ... maybe you go police people who can't express themselves properly. If they mean fun, they should say it. But they didn't. They said needed to play. Why would I not believe them?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yes, you are.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

> > > >

> > > > And some people need build templates in order for the game to be fun.

> > >

> > > OK ... that's doesn't change what I said ... build templates are not needed to play the game. If that wasn't true, no one would have been able to play this game without Arc templates. that's not the case.

> >

> > Then stop acting like everyone is talking about need as in "need to play the game" when you know full well most people mean "need in order to have fun".

>

> How about this ... no I'm not going to second-guess someone when they insist they are talking about needing to play vs have fun. The statement was very clear. I like the added bit of comedy where you accuse ME of assuming ... I'm doing the NOT assuming here.

>

> here is a new idea ... maybe you go police people who can't express themselves properly. If they mean fun, they should say it. But they didn't. They said needed to play. Why would I not believe them?

When I see it, I call it out. It's just Braile expressed himself clearly. It's called using context. I use the context of what things a person is talking about to figure out if they are implying anything. To me, it's clear that he was talking about needing to have fun. The title says "convenience". He lists out a bunch of gem store purchases. Clearly nothing required to literally play the game. Therefore, its clear that in the context of this thread, he was referring to the need to have fun.

> @"Braile.3894" said:

> Hey, I hope anet sees this thread.

>

> So basically my idea is an optional subscription for gw2 for convenience stuff like:

> - Unlimited build and gear templates or atleast give us an incredible high cap.

> - Increased bag size / bank size / material storage size.

> - previous lw chapters are fully accessible even tho you didn't catch them at release while you are subbed.

> - maybe some unique cosmetic stuff?

>

> Keep in mind that it's still bad as a customer to pay for all this stuff but while some of us are still engaged enough to pay for a sub like this but are not willing to spend hundreds of euro for a build template system that doesn't work in high end pve.

>

I've seen many games take this path. They've all gone way downhill. SWTOR specifically. It becomes nearly impossible to play the game without the subscription and it just turns into a cash cow rather than a game at that point.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> Well, we could look at other things to make an educated guess about prices.

> Let's assume the account upgrades are 800g/3, the build slots are 400/1, and the gear slots are 600/1. Yes, we don't know exactly, but we know what they charge for similar items. It's probably not too far off the mark.

> Let's also assume a basic account with 5 characters, who missed the temporary discount on the first account upgrade, and wants all template system upgrades.

> From what we know, they can buy 21 extra account slots (7 * 800g), 3 extra build slots per character (5 * 3 * 400g), and 4 extra gear slots per character (5 * 4 * 600g).

> That's a grand total of 23,600 gems. At 800 gems for $10, that's $295 USD. You can convert to Euros on your own.

I don't dispute your math, but you could also do as many players do and buy the gems with in-game gold. No $ or Euro cost at all. It's an alternative.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Braile.3894" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yes, you are.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can need something in order for something to be fun.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

> > > > >

> > > > > And some people need build templates in order for the game to be fun.

> > > >

> > > > OK ... that's doesn't change what I said ... build templates are not needed to play the game. If that wasn't true, no one would have been able to play this game without Arc templates. that's not the case.

> > >

> > > Then stop acting like everyone is talking about need as in "need to play the game" when you know full well most people mean "need in order to have fun".

> >

> > How about this ... no I'm not going to second-guess someone when they insist they are talking about needing to play vs have fun. The statement was very clear. I like the added bit of comedy where you accuse ME of assuming ... I'm doing the NOT assuming here.

> >

> > here is a new idea ... maybe you go police people who can't express themselves properly. If they mean fun, they should say it. But they didn't. They said needed to play. Why would I not believe them?

>

> When I see it, I call it out. It's just Braile expressed himself clearly. It's called using context.

You must need new glasses then, because I didn't take his statement out of context. He said GS items needed to play the game. That's not a 'misspeak' and if it was, there was plenty of time for him to correct it, considering I challenged it multiple time. Maybe you should just retreat and admit that your questioning of what I'm saying didn't go the way you wanted it to. You want to stray off , try to have a poke at me ... it failed. I'm not wrong.

Items from the GS are not needed to play this game PERIOD.