Why would you do this!? (LWS3/4 Daily reduction)

Kanok.3027

Are you serious? This change is terrible! Oh, you increased the amount of chests we get for that one particular map, but what if we don't need the currency for that map and need it from another one? What was so wrong with the way the system was currently?

For those that don't know, they changed the way dailies function in the Living World Seasons 3 & 4. Now, doesn't matter what map you're in, you only get a daily set for ONE map. It gices 3 chests per daily, for a total of 12, but no dailies for the other maps unless it's in the rotation for that day. Need dailies for Sandswept? Better hope it's in that day's rotation. Need them for Bitterfrost but it shows Siren's Landing? Hope it comes in tomorrow or soon-ish.

Seriously, why would you do this? Who complained that this was needed? Sure, the new amount of stuff is nice, but what if you seriously don't need the currency for that map? Don't do it? Haha, maps are now gonna be a bit more empty unless their daily is up. Real nice.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"amidare.9561" said:

> Interesting change. Finally certain maps will be more populated (some less obviously) which will help with organizing meta events. Clever move.

Clever way of compensating for loss of people playing?????? At the expense of gating those that continue to play?

I never have this problem of empty maps, there are groups and commanders on every LW map that I go to. I must be playing at really good times. (Euro evening). I never did dailies but I agree with the OP. One of the reasons all maps always had people on them is probably the dailies. Now we get one super busy map and 11 empty maps. How many people do you need for those events anyway?

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> I never have this problem of empty maps, there are groups and commanders on every LW map that I go to. I must be playing at really good times. (Euro evening). I never did dailies but I agree with the OP. One of the reasons all maps always had people on them is probably the dailies. Now we get one super busy map and 11 empty maps. How many people do you need for those events anyway?

>

>

I struggled to complete events in all living world 3 maps.

I play between 7pm -10pm GMT

Events were often not fully complete. Example beating Ignis and Aestus. Usually only one was done..and often, you had to try a couple times, to get people for Ignis for the achieves.

Getting people for some of the smaller events on the map, was often harder.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > People have asked for this, as the player base was getting too spread out.

> >

> > I think its a good change.

>

> People asked for less optional dailies that brought people into all the maps?

They asked for dailies that would populate the map.

clearly there are not enough players to populate all maps at the same time. So concentrating players for one daily map is a fantastic idea

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"amidare.9561" said:

> > Interesting change. Finally certain maps will be more populated (some less obviously) which will help with organizing meta events. Clever move.

>

> Clever way of compensating for loss of people playing?????? At the expense of gating those that continue to play?

>

Loss of people playing? No. They will go and play map which is currently in rotation. You can still farm nodes with certain currency or do hearts for currency bundles at maps which won't be in daily rotation, it stays. You can even exchange currencies from daily chest into desired currency. No need to stress yourself.

It was inevitable though, there's just not enough players to fill these maps anymore. You have to remember, the LW seasons are not F2P content, that's why when you're in Central Tyria you see players everywhere, but not in the expos or LS maps.

Having real meta events with farmable rewards would've worked better, but ArenaNet doesn't like redoing old content.

This is why I think the whole system of releasing expansions and maps indefinitely and never opening them up to free players will hurt the game in the long run, it might last for a few more years but once the game passes the ten year mark it'll be unsustainable.

Gemstore sales are one thing, but no one's going to keep buying expansions and LW seasons after that long.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > People have asked for this, as the player base was getting too spread out.

> > >

> > > I think its a good change.

> >

> > People asked for less optional dailies that brought people into all the maps?

>

> They asked for dailies that would populate the map.

> clearly there are not enough players to populate all maps at the same time. So concentrating players for one daily map is a fantastic idea

> @"amidare.9561" said:

> > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > @"amidare.9561" said:

> > > Interesting change. Finally certain maps will be more populated (some less obviously) which will help with organizing meta events. Clever move.

> >

> > Clever way of compensating for loss of people playing?????? At the expense of gating those that continue to play?

> >

>

> Loss of people playing? No. They will go and play map which is currently in rotation. You can still farm nodes with certain currency or do hearts for currency bundles at maps which won't be in daily rotation, it stays. You can even exchange currencies from daily chest into desired currency. No need to stress yourself.

What about the maps that don't have dailies? Those maps will be empty. With a rotating map each day that means players will have to wait for a specific day for them to be populated by dailies, which means having to schedule for it. The majority of players in any game can not do that.

These changes effectively ruined the interest of veterans going to non daily maps at all at any time during the week. Those daily boxes were a great incentive.

The only real good change I see from this is the less time I have a reason to be logged in, since a significant portion of it was spending in the game doing dailies. I'm sure that Anet doesn't want that.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > Interesting change. Finally certain maps will be more populated (some less obviously) which will help with organizing meta events. Clever move.

>

> Clever way of compensating for loss of people playing?????? At the expense of gating those that continue to play?

>

It's not compensating for less people playing, it's compensating for spreading the playerbase thinner. They keep adding maps, while not making earlier maps irrelevant (like games that regularly raises the level cap does). This spreads the playerbase thinner and thinner.

Yes, this will in effect reduce the draw of maps on days when they don't have dailies, but will conversely *focus* players to the map that *does* have them that day. This way, if I need things on X map, I can reasonably expect other players to be active on that map approx one day per week.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > People have asked for this, as the player base was getting too spread out.

> > >

> > > I think its a good change.

> >

> > People asked for less optional dailies that brought people into all the maps?

>

> They asked for dailies that would populate the map.

> clearly there are not enough players to populate all maps at the same time. So concentrating players for one daily map is a fantastic idea

Maybe it'll work out that way, but I think if people don't want that particular map, they still won't go. I'm sure there are some folks who 'must' do a daily because its on a list. Its just a question of how many.

They should have halved the number of maps (or quartered, or into thirds) not reduced it to one. That way there would be more ppl per map for the dailies and the maps would come around in the cycle more often. I do not understand why things are so knee-jerk reactionary at anet.

Edit: typo.

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > People have asked for this, as the player base was getting too spread out.

> > > >

> > > > I think its a good change.

> > >

> > > People asked for less optional dailies that brought people into all the maps?

> >

> > They asked for dailies that would populate the map.

> > clearly there are not enough players to populate all maps at the same time. So concentrating players for one daily map is a fantastic idea

>

> > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > @"amidare.9561" said:

> > > > Interesting change. Finally certain maps will be more populated (some less obviously) which will help with organizing meta events. Clever move.

> > >

> > > Clever way of compensating for loss of people playing?????? At the expense of gating those that continue to play?

> > >

> >

> > Loss of people playing? No. They will go and play map which is currently in rotation. You can still farm nodes with certain currency or do hearts for currency bundles at maps which won't be in daily rotation, it stays. You can even exchange currencies from daily chest into desired currency. No need to stress yourself.

>

> What about the maps that don't have dailies? Those maps will be empty. With a rotating map each day that means players will have to wait for a specific day for them to be populated by dailies, which means having to schedule for it. The majority of players in any game can not do that.

Bettwr waiting a specificday and knowing you'll be able to get achieves and do events, then llog i for days and hours on end, hoping.

Eventually the spread was going to get worse..and no amount encouragement into all zones would be a solution...there's just not enough players to have every map active.

They had to find a way to concentrate players.

> These changes effectively ruined the interest of veterans going to non daily maps at all at any time during the week. Those daily boxes were a great incentive.

I don't see the problem.now they'll go to one specifix map and actually help with events. Instead of rediculous dailies like use 5 gliding skills.

> The only real good change I see from this is the less time I have a reason to be logged in, since a significant portion of it was spending in the game doing dailies. I'm sure that Anet doesn't want that.

ah so much of the doom and gloom..

If those crappy dailies were all that kept you playing, Id argue, you werent having much fun and were treating the game like a job.

I'm largely indifferent to the change - the number of dailies didn't bother me but I never did more than one map in a day either, so it doesn't really change things for me.

But I don't think it will be a problem for farming map currency because the dailies never gave very much anyway. It was about equal to what you could get from one heart. Which is one reason I never worried about doing them, it was easier to focus on other methods of farming map currency and consider any dailies I did a bonus.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> It was inevitable though, there's just not enough players to fill these maps anymore. You have to remember, the LW seasons are not F2P content, that's why when you're in Central Tyria you see players everywhere, but not in the expos or LS maps.

>

> Having real meta events with farmable rewards would've worked better, but ArenaNet doesn't like redoing old content.

>

> This is why I think the whole system of releasing expansions and maps indefinitely and never opening them up to free players will hurt the game in the long run, it might last for a few more years but once the game passes the ten year mark it'll be unsustainable.

>

> Gemstore sales are one thing, but no one's going to keep buying expansions and LW seasons after that long.

I admit I haven't been into Season 3 maps in a while, but I've been in Vabbi almost every day I'm online recently getting Funerary Incense and I see people there all the time, with both meta events and other events getting done regularly. Not long after the prologue was released I went back to several Season 4 maps to get bits for my 'champion of Aurene' outfit and I saw the same there, it wasn't nearly as busy as when the episodes were released but there were people around and the events were getting done.

Although I've heard it's different on NA servers. I only really play on EU but I know some people with accounts on both who say you're more likely to find people doing meta events on all the maps on EU.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> The dailies were easy (still are), rewards were low (and still are).

> come on, we are talking about a total of 5 LS currencies 7500 karma a bit of exp and 125 magic..

> only the karma is nice

The number was actually (if you did all the dailies on all the maps) was about 70,000 Karma and almost 50 LS currencies,

> > @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > The dailies were easy (still are), rewards were low (and still are).

> > come on, we are talking about a total of 5 LS currencies 7500 karma a bit of exp and 125 magic..

> > only the karma is nice

>

> The number was actually (if you did all the dailies on all the maps) was about 70,000 Karma and almost 50 LS currencies,

If you did all the dailies..

did people really did that? :open_mouth: xd