Do you actively use the Build-Templates feature?

I use them, but not the way described in the OP. I prefer to have different toons for different roles rather than switch builds. I don't even like using the same toon for pve and wvw. BUT, it is convenient to have my keyrunning build on a template so I don't have to remember which traits I use, etc. . . .

EDIT: I felt like I'd already answered this poll but I couldn't find my reply, turns out it's in another poll in the wvw forum :p

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you use feature?-Both, but mostly builds.

What builds are you using/switching most often?-Depends on the character. On my necro, I switch between a power-based Reaper build and a condi-based Scourge build.

In which game-mode(s) you use the feature?-Open World

How often do you switch between the builds?-Probably about once every couple weeks or so.

Did you happen to run into problems yet?-Not really

... yet. I do not use it yet. I have full intention of gearing all my alts with power/condi alternate builds. I was a bit gunshy about starting that earlier due to seeing reports of bugs eating gear (not a lot of reports, but even once would suck), then The Outer Worlds came out, then ESO had an event, then Whisper in the Dark came out. I just haven't had the oomph to research builds and buy up exotic gear, which I need to do since I don't already carry around whole extra sets of armor since I'm not a min-maxer theorycrafter.

I find it hard to define "use" considering they are barely functional, especially as "Templates".

Since I refuse to buy into the system as this outrageous price for per character slots of such a basic game feature, I pretty much keep one build always around (which I mainly play in Raids, not being able to bring variety to the table anymore), and then constantly fiddle with the other Gear slot, adjusting stat compositions etc. all the time just like before the patch in the two weeks after Arc's proper Templates got shut down, to cater for when playing Fractals, WvW, PvP (weapons) and Open World, which lead to me barely playing the game anymore as it's just more frustration than fun.

The game shrunk from a enjoyable and varied ~100 builds across many professions for all sorts of situations and content to playing a extremely limited and boring 1-2 professions with 1-3 builds. So most of the time I don't bother anymore.

But yes, technically I use the feature when the specific content I can save one build for comes up, not like we have a choice.

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > wow I am amazed by the results of the poll

>

> So am I. I am surprised so many people use it.

And this poll so far is only a small sampling of a small portion of the player base that comes to the forums. Imagine the data that Anet must have?

I would like to use it, I simply can't.

On arc templates I had 8 builds and I have full leg armor. I'd spend the money if I had to to get 8 again - but:

1. It's impossible

2. There are problems with legendaries

3. System is not intuitive and simply worse than previous for me and I just can't justify spending money for lacking version :/

I use them in WvW for different encounters and they are great for that purpose.

On necro that means I run a tanky bruiser build for most scenarios which is extremely weak against any kind of thief build because fight resetting kills it sooner or later.

I switch to a full berserk all offensive traits yolo build if there are too many thieves on the map to be able to twoshot them and switch back to the standard build in 2 seconds. That's a huge QoL feature for me.

Templates and the mount saved the game mode for me as both are viable features to compensate the questionable balancing this game is full of.

I'm not using it at all because I can't bear it.

I was using Arc Templates, which was superb and I loved it and how much fun it brought to exploring classes and builds in the gw2's endgame content.

Sadly, Anet seem to have ignored everything that Arc did so well in their own design, and coupled it with a revolting monetisation goal.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > wow I am amazed by the results of the poll

> >

> > So am I. I am surprised so many people use it.

>

> And this poll so far is only a small sampling of a small portion of the player base that comes to the forums. Imagine the data that Anet must have?

Yeah, but imagine how many players are now using Anet's garbage simply because it exists in game, but have never used Arc Templates before and so have no frame of reference or experience of what a well-designed templates solution was like. Very sad.

> @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > wow I am amazed by the results of the poll

> > >

> > > So am I. I am surprised so many people use it.

> >

> > And this poll so far is only a small sampling of a small portion of the player base that comes to the forums. Imagine the data that Anet must have?

>

> Yeah, but imagine how many players are now using Anet's garbage simply because it exists in game, but have never used Arc Templates before and so have no frame of reference or experience of what a well-designed templates solution was like. Very sad.

well most players dont use third party software in GW2.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > > wow I am amazed by the results of the poll

> > > >

> > > > So am I. I am surprised so many people use it.

> > >

> > > And this poll so far is only a small sampling of a small portion of the player base that comes to the forums. Imagine the data that Anet must have?

> >

> > Yeah, but imagine how many players are now using Anet's garbage simply because it exists in game, but have never used Arc Templates before and so have no frame of reference or experience of what a well-designed templates solution was like. Very sad.

>

> well most players dont use third party software in GW2.

I know that, of course. It's just a shame that, as a result, all those people missed out on a great QOL feature against which Anet's own solution is terrible in comparison.

I use it on just one character - my ranger. I swap between druid, cSLB, and pSLB (though I have to change this template every time I go to WvW). I also have two separate rangers for PvP becuase it would just be too much of a nightmare to keep swapping things. When I'm raiding with my static, I absolutely love this feature - if we have to swap classes for a boss it takes 1 minute instead of 5, but when I'm swapping between game modes I kitten hate it.

I don't mind not having a template for every druid or slb build that I'd run - just having the core stuff in one template and then it only taking a short time to swap a few pieces is great for me.

On a side note, I never used Arc, and I also think build templates should not be monetised the way they are or limited as they are.

Edit: I'd use it on my other characters but I already had several of each class already in full asc gear, so I just don't have the need for it on those.

I use Build Templates similar to how I used arc templates, in part due to limitations and in part because it's easier. I usually have the same amount of build and equipment templates and I will use them together.

- Mesmer has 6 builds (minstrel tank, support chrono, mirage, dps, wvw roamer, general open world pve which also works as general switch stuff or copy build over slot)

- Mesmer 2 is a dedicated PvP mesmer

- Guardian 1 has 6 builds (Power DH, Condi fb, heal fb, power quickbrand, condi quickbrand, open world build)

- Guardian 2 and 3 are dedicated WvW and PvP characters, Guardian 4 is my second condi FB

- Warrior 1 has 4 builds (Power dps, Condi dps, Power Banner, Condi Banner)

- Warrior 2 and 3 are dedicated WvW and PvP characters

- Renegade has 5 builds (Condi Renegade, Alacrity Renegade, Heal Renegade, Heal Handkite Deimos, WvW Shiro Roamer)

- Engi has 3 builds (WvW roaming Holo, WvW Power Scrapper, WvW Heal Scrapper)

- Necromancer has 5 builds (Power Reaper, Pylon Scourge, Heal Scourge, Condi Scourge, WvW cele scourge)

- Ranger has 3 builds (Power Soulbeast, Heal Druid, Condi Soulbeast)

- Thief has 2 builds (Power Daredevil, Power Deadeye)

That's basically it. I do have at least 3 of each class though, mostly in full ascended, so I am flexible in how I manage my builds and roles. I do try to keep 1 character per game mode, hence why some of my classes have dedicated WvW characters.

That said, I have more builds and templates now than with arc simply because I never felt like actually making multiple builds on classes I played less. I also never optimized beyond 5-6 builds on my main classes for every minute detail.