Do you actively use the Build-Templates feature?

The build templates are too complicated for me, and I'm frankly too lazy to learn how to use a convenience feature. They make my gear go missing from my inventory, and the user interface itself feels alien unplesent to use (it's easy to use the left side to copy your build into a template when you need to use the top tabs to change builds - yet the left one is more eyecatching and the one I will instinctively click while trying to change builds).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> I've seen so many horror stories about lost/cloned gear, infusions, and upgrades that I'm waiting for the company to release a fix patch for their system before I really get into it. I also haven't done any PvP or WvW since the change, now that the builds I had for those modes have been erased and need to be rebuilt and manually switched to each time I change game mode maps.

>

> Too broken for me right now.

Dec 3 patch is supposed to bring back autoswitching templates. However, in the interim the 2nd build template defaults to your old PvP build and the 3rd slot is the Wvw build before templates went live. Hope that helps.

The great majority of answer seem to be

1. I never used more than one build at a time, the game took care of swaps between pve, pvp and wvw so it makes no difference

2. If I'd known about ArcDPS I'd have used that and then been as pissed as other Arc users

3. I used Arc and this system is terrible

Everything else is recent developments after the template system was introduced and ArcDPS excluded so people have no accurate comparison. Put ArcDPS alongside the GW2 build system and then get your feedback. I have a feeling it would be a Google Stadia vs Microsoft XCloud

No. the way the system handles legendary gear is straight up broken.

can no longer switch weapons on the fly to blast might or give swiftness as it auto ejects all sigils and upgrades.

i completely ignore the equipment 'template' and leave my legendary weapons free in my bags to switch to

i manually switch my traits and skills depending on the game mode/situation so essentially i stay in the same template /loadout.

• 4 weeks later...

I use it moderately but im not a person who has 50 builds either if i dont make a whole new template to change a few traits or utilities only if swapping something that enforces a completely different play style do i really use it for example going from playing reaper to playing socurge. I have a template for that.

but just swapping a few utilities no.... im not gonna wast time using a template for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. Too clunky, too expensive. There isn't enough space in the system for me to even have two different builds for two separate characters on it. I'm not going to get used to a system I can't use on all my characters without paying out the wazoo, when I've already paid for the game, the expansions, and half the living story content I missed. I'll keep switching armors the old fashioned way.

I use it on the characters I use the most and in different game modes: changing from PvP-Build to PvE-Build and Equipment and vice versa. I have Raid builds and equip on two characters as well, so I use templates there as well (e.g. changing from power Daredevil to power Rifle Deadeye build and equip). I'm building up a different build on my other Raid character as well, so I will use the templates there as well as soon as it is finished. And on a third character I'm equiping for raids right now, I will use templates to change from PvE to Raid Build. So I think it's pretty handy