Did you buy the cape?

Sylent.3165

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wanting capes since like forever. Back in GW my son and I made a guild of our own, just for the cape ha ha. I will buy the gem store cape, but I wish it was longer. Hopefully they come out with more designs. I really want a long, wraparound hooded cloak, like I wear in real life :)

> @"Sylent.3165" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > I only play Charr, so wont be getting it.

>

> I don't play charr, is it bad clipping?

I mostly play charr, and I haven't noticed much clipping. When the tail moves up to where it would otherwise clip, part of the cape moves up too, kinda like real fabric. I think the only time I've seen it clip at all so far is when jumping, and that's only momentarily. It's pretty nice imo.

I'm pleased they were able to do it, partially because I know a lot of people wanted it and partially because Anet thought it was impossible in this game and then managed to find a way to do it and I love that innovation.

But I don't see the appeal of capes, they're probably the least interesting back item, especially in this game, and wouldn't suit any of my characters, so I won't be buying either.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Other: there's a cape?

>

> Either way, i don't believe core content of the game should be exclusive to the gen store

There's a guild cape available for gold and commendations if you don't want to use the gem store.

But also I wouldn't call an item skin content. As I understand it content is things you do, so new maps, storylines, mini games & activities, maybe new specilisations and skills since that opens up more gameplay (although I'd say that's more of a feature). A skin you can wear while doing that could be a nice reward for getting enough gold by playing the content, but it's not content.

> @"Blasphemeral.1276" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"Blasphemeral.1276" said:

> > > Until backpacks can be dyed, I'm done purchasing backpack skins. I've already passed on a number of glider/backpack combos that I would have liked to have if I could make them match.

> >

> > the gem store cape can be dyed..

>

> Oh, really? Wow! Ok; I guess I'll fork out the cash for it, then.

> They should have mentioned it in the gemstore description. I would not have known if I didn't log in to the forum for the first time in years to complain about it.

The guild cape you can buy can also be dyed too although the gemstore cape has more dye channels.

Anet also noted that going forward they will be making more dyable backpacks as well so it's possible that many if not all future backpacks will be dyable, we'll have to wait and see.

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> I bought the guild cape and I LOVE it, I can't wait for it to be upgraded! I will say that it doesn't fit as well on my non-human or asura chars though!

>

> I also plan to buy the gemstore one once the gem price stabilises again :D

Sorry to burst your bubble it will probabely never get upgraded.