Exotic item horrendous drop rate

Ghetx.1752

Your diminishing returns are telling you to go somewhere else and farm.

If you want to get rid of that you have to cycle farming locations. There are certain places where diminishing returns gets counteracted with magic find but silverwastes it does but not enough.

Try these areas dragon fall, bjora marches, bitterfrost frontier, grothmar valley,dragon fall has it the most out of those but bitterfrost and bjora marches contain the most frequent monsters and with the variety of event frequency cycling in the two areas can successfully counteract the effects of diminishing returns.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> I spend hours in SW every day,and i open about 10.000 bags every month.

>

> That's countless hours of riba and cf

>

> I never got anything other than Truth,Stardust and Rapier.

>

> This is my second account.In 6 years spent in SW,doing events and chest farms i never,never got more than those 3 items i mentioned above,nor i ever got precursor or any item worth more than 2 gold for that matter.

I found few items before that were worth more than 100 gold. I think I got ghost gun, within the first year of my game play, and sold it for ~450 gold.

Honestly, you do not earn gold by getting valuable stuff and selling it. You usually earn it by farming and selling boat loads of garbage.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Since this seems to be a major issue I assume that those 10,000 bags are totally worthless and wouldnt even be able to fund 1 exotic a day.

Heh ... most exotic armor pieces are only ~30-40silver. Exceptions are due to their runes.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > Loot bags and chests do have drop tables like everything else. You won't get every kind of named exotic out of the Silverwastes bags, but only the few that are part of those bags's loot tables. If you want other named exotics, play different content to open different kinds of bags. If you want a precursor so badly, buy or craft one. Those are ultra rare (as you can see from your drops). They do drop in the Silverwastes (one of the two I ever dropped in game came from there, and I rarely go to that map, it was just luck), just like they drop in every other piece of content in the game, just not with any kind of regularity that would come close to guaranteeing you'll get one for playing a certain number of hours.

> >

> > Yes,but you have chance to get more than exact same 3 items + every precursor there is,which i am yet to see after 6 years.

>

> You are wrong. Check the link Inculpatus cedo.9234 provided.

>

> Also before the change to magic find and unidentified gear, people would stack magic find in Silverwastes to open those which is where the actual variety in exotic loot came from and not the SW loot bags. The SW seed pouches have a very limited exotic loot table (unless you hit the jackpot with a precursor, but given those are very rare even with thousands of lootbags, no surprise you rotated the same 3-4 exotics) and as was mentioned, SW is being farmed for something else than exotics.

The champ bags from SW actually covers a set of 14 exotics but their loot tables also overlap(5 of them drops from more than one type of bags found in SW) with Stardust having the highest overlap by being in all 3.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

>

> WvW has good drops? Lolwut

Only thing WVW has is GOBS, Clovers and Obi drops all things of which i need in exceess, but otherwise? LOL Nothing, i have gotten more drops from PVP farming..but thats it.

Open world has best drops.

What is the complaint here ... exotic gear has a low drop rates? NO WAY!!!!

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

>

> Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

>

Why is it sad? So you think that somehow farming RNG items is linked to merit? That IS sad.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> What is the complaint here ... exotic gear has a low drop rates? NO WAY!!!!

>

> > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

> >

> > Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

> >

> Why is it sad? So you think that somehow farming RNG items is linked to merit? That IS sad.

To be fair. Drop rates are abysmal. 7 years, no precursors. Thank goodness the MF is a thing and i have good luck there at least. id hate to think how pissed id be if there was no Trading Post, and the drops werent sellable or tradeable.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > What is the complaint here ... exotic gear has a low drop rates? NO WAY!!!!

> >

> > > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > > I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

> > >

> > > Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

> > >

> > Why is it sad? So you think that somehow farming RNG items is linked to merit? That IS sad.

>

> To be fair. Drop rates are abysmal. 7 years, no precursors. Thank goodness the MF is a thing and i have good luck there at least. id hate to think how pissed id be if there was no Trading Post, and the drops werent sellable or tradeable.

There isn't abysmal about them because there isn't any rule to say what they should be; there is no point of reference to suggest they are good or bad. It just is what it is and anyone's opinion about it is irrelevant. The best part is that in the same post you identify why this isn't a problem to begin with. There is in fact a very logical reason why the drop rate is what it is ... because this game isn't about farming for gear; it's about the market. How does a developer discourage people from trying to farm direct drops? Pretty simple ... exactly what Anet has done in this game.

maybe people want to farm their gear ... well, too bad. That's not how this game works and no complaints will change that is most certain. The only reason this game works (from a business perspective as well) is because of the heavy reliance on the market to get what you want. It's all related to how this game makes revenue and Anet won't make changes knowing that will be disrupted.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > What is the complaint here ... exotic gear has a low drop rates? NO WAY!!!!

> > >

> > > > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > > > I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

> > > >

> > > > Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

> > > >

> > > Why is it sad? So you think that somehow farming RNG items is linked to merit? That IS sad.

> >

> > To be fair. Drop rates are abysmal. 7 years, no precursors. Thank goodness the MF is a thing and i have good luck there at least. id hate to think how pissed id be if there was no Trading Post, and the drops werent sellable or tradeable.

>

> There isn't abysmal about them because there isn't any rule to say what they should be; there is no point of reference to suggest they are good or bad. It just is what it is and anyone's opinion about it is irrelevant. The best part is that in the same post you identify why this isn't a problem to begin with. There is in fact a very logical reason why the drop rate is what it is ... because this game isn't about farming for gear; it's about the market. How does a developer discourage people from trying to farm direct drops? Pretty simple ... exactly what Anet has done in this game.

>

> maybe people want to farm their gear ... well, too bad. That's not how this game works and no complaints will change that is most certain. The only reason this game works (from a business perspective as well) is because of the heavy reliance on the market to get what you want. It's all related to how this game makes revenue and Anet won't make changes knowing that will be disrupted.

oh, forgive me for not specifying, i dont have an issue with the drop rate. Im just saying it is -low- by design, but still low.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > What is the complaint here ... exotic gear has a low drop rates? NO WAY!!!!

> > > >

> > > > > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > > > > I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

> > > > >

> > > > > Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

> > > > >

> > > > Why is it sad? So you think that somehow farming RNG items is linked to merit? That IS sad.

> > >

> > > To be fair. Drop rates are abysmal. 7 years, no precursors. Thank goodness the MF is a thing and i have good luck there at least. id hate to think how pissed id be if there was no Trading Post, and the drops werent sellable or tradeable.

> >

> > There isn't abysmal about them because there isn't any rule to say what they should be; there is no point of reference to suggest they are good or bad. It just is what it is and anyone's opinion about it is irrelevant. The best part is that in the same post you identify why this isn't a problem to begin with. There is in fact a very logical reason why the drop rate is what it is ... because this game isn't about farming for gear; it's about the market. How does a developer discourage people from trying to farm direct drops? Pretty simple ... exactly what Anet has done in this game.

> >

> > maybe people want to farm their gear ... well, too bad. That's not how this game works and no complaints will change that is most certain. The only reason this game works (from a business perspective as well) is because of the heavy reliance on the market to get what you want. It's all related to how this game makes revenue and Anet won't make changes knowing that will be disrupted.

>

> oh, forgive me for not specifying, i dont have an issue with the drop rate. Im just saying it is -low- by design, but still low.

Ah fair enough ... I mean at this point, when someone says that the desireable gear has a low drop rate, I have to assume it's a complaint because it sort of goes without saying in any MMO since forever.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > What is the complaint here ... exotic gear has a low drop rates? NO WAY!!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > > > > > I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Why is it sad? So you think that somehow farming RNG items is linked to merit? That IS sad.

> > > >

> > > > To be fair. Drop rates are abysmal. 7 years, no precursors. Thank goodness the MF is a thing and i have good luck there at least. id hate to think how pissed id be if there was no Trading Post, and the drops werent sellable or tradeable.

> > >

> > > There isn't abysmal about them because there isn't any rule to say what they should be; there is no point of reference to suggest they are good or bad. It just is what it is and anyone's opinion about it is irrelevant. The best part is that in the same post you identify why this isn't a problem to begin with. There is in fact a very logical reason why the drop rate is what it is ... because this game isn't about farming for gear; it's about the market. How does a developer discourage people from trying to farm direct drops? Pretty simple ... exactly what Anet has done in this game.

> > >

> > > maybe people want to farm their gear ... well, too bad. That's not how this game works and no complaints will change that is most certain. The only reason this game works (from a business perspective as well) is because of the heavy reliance on the market to get what you want. It's all related to how this game makes revenue and Anet won't make changes knowing that will be disrupted.

> >

> > oh, forgive me for not specifying, i dont have an issue with the drop rate. Im just saying it is -low- by design, but still low.

>

> Ah fair enough ... I mean at this point, when someone says that the desireable gear has a low drop rate, I have to assume it's a complaint because it sort of goes without saying in any MMO since forever.

Not here! Only drop ill complain about is the Khan Ur Helmet and Invis shoes, but i dont have an issue with any other drop in the game. The prices arent to bad and all so its easy to obtain them.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

>

> WvW has good drops? Lolwut

People are always telling me they get hundreds of ascended gear boxes in WvW that probably the best loot you can get, next to gold.

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

> >

> > WvW has good drops? Lolwut

>

> People are always telling me they get hundreds of ascended gear boxes in WvW that probably the best loot you can get, next to gold.

Id rather have gold. I have ascended weapons for all my characters, and ascended armor for all the ones i play. I keep getting boxes that i cant do anything with and have no desire for. But hey at least ill be able to equip my never played Engineer.

With gold id be able to buy those super expensive items.

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

> >

> > WvW has good drops? Lolwut

>

> People are always telling me they get hundreds of ascended gear boxes in WvW that probably the best loot you can get, next to gold.

People lie to you. Neither the "hundreds of ascended boxes" nor much gold. In fact it is the least lucrative mode.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

> > >

> > > WvW has good drops? Lolwut

> >

> > People are always telling me they get hundreds of ascended gear boxes in WvW that probably the best loot you can get, next to gold.

>

> People lie to you. Neither the "hundreds of ascended boxes" nor much gold. In fact it is the least lucrative mode.

Well to be fair they can get "hundreds of ascended boxes" without specifying time frame and not lie.

But that is skipping the part where they get it. And it's in those WXP level up boxes. And "hundreds" of ascended items is to be expected when you reach thousands of WXP levels.... it's just the problem of actually getting the flow of WXP going fast enough.

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > > > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

> > > >

> > > > WvW has good drops? Lolwut

> > >

> > > People are always telling me they get hundreds of ascended gear boxes in WvW that probably the best loot you can get, next to gold.

> >

> > People lie to you. Neither the "hundreds of ascended boxes" nor much gold. In fact it is the least lucrative mode.

>

> Well to be fair they can get "hundreds of ascended boxes" without specifying time frame and not lie.

>

> But that is skipping the part where they get it. And it's in those WXP level up boxes. And "hundreds" of ascended items is to be expected when you reach thousands of WXP levels.... it's just the problem of actually getting the flow of WXP going fast enough.

Not sure where that comes from, personally im rank 7500+ (trust me, MANY hours, no eotm ktraining) and i remember getting 20-30 ascended boxes throughout those ranks, either from rank up or from opening random boxes from reward tracks.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > > > > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

> > > > >

> > > > > WvW has good drops? Lolwut

> > > >

> > > > People are always telling me they get hundreds of ascended gear boxes in WvW that probably the best loot you can get, next to gold.

> > >

> > > People lie to you. Neither the "hundreds of ascended boxes" nor much gold. In fact it is the least lucrative mode.

> >

> > Well to be fair they can get "hundreds of ascended boxes" without specifying time frame and not lie.

> >

> > But that is skipping the part where they get it. And it's in those WXP level up boxes. And "hundreds" of ascended items is to be expected when you reach thousands of WXP levels.... it's just the problem of actually getting the flow of WXP going fast enough.

>

> Not sure where that comes from, personally im rank 7500+ (trust me, MANY hours, no eotm ktraining) and i remember getting 20-30 ascended boxes throughout those ranks, either from rank up or from opening random boxes from reward tracks.

*shrugs* maybe my guildies were extremely lucky. but my rate of gaining ascended items from these seems to be matching.

altho to bear in mind - I said ascended items, not ascended boxes. and I have noticed awfull lot of people saying they've got "X ascended boxes" when half of that number are trinkets - they don't seem to care enough to make distinction.....

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > > > > > Drops are horrendous everywhere outside of PvP and WvW.. Honestly on purpose they want you to buy gems for a reason.. In the last 4 years the drops are so bad now its pointless chasing anything.. outside of gold and materials.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > WvW has good drops? Lolwut

> > > > >

> > > > > People are always telling me they get hundreds of ascended gear boxes in WvW that probably the best loot you can get, next to gold.

> > > >

> > > > People lie to you. Neither the "hundreds of ascended boxes" nor much gold. In fact it is the least lucrative mode.

> > >

> > > Well to be fair they can get "hundreds of ascended boxes" without specifying time frame and not lie.

> > >

> > > But that is skipping the part where they get it. And it's in those WXP level up boxes. And "hundreds" of ascended items is to be expected when you reach thousands of WXP levels.... it's just the problem of actually getting the flow of WXP going fast enough.

> >

> > Not sure where that comes from, personally im rank 7500+ (trust me, MANY hours, no eotm ktraining) and i remember getting 20-30 ascended boxes throughout those ranks, either from rank up or from opening random boxes from reward tracks.

>

> *shrugs* maybe my guildies were extremely lucky. but my rate of gaining ascended items from these seems to be matching.

>

> altho to bear in mind - I said ascended items, not ascended boxes. and I have noticed awfull lot of people saying they've got "X ascended boxes" when half of that number are trinkets - they don't seem to care enough to make distinction.....

This is true, partly. Only rings drop, and those rings have SOME core stats. Which you can get with other methods much faster and with all selectable stats.