GW2 Funko Pops and Minis

Randulf.7614

Seriously tempted by these. I had a fun conversation with my husband when they were announced where I'd genuinely forgotten that I'm the one who insists on thinking carefully before buying any pop figures, because it'd be so easy to get carried away (and our tiny flat is already full of more dragons, Batmans, assassins and whatever else than we really have space for) and he's the one who would happily buy all of them and worry about space later. I was thinking out-loud, going through possibilities to try to get the minis without the real-life figures, like finding someone who just wants the figures and going halves or even checking ebay for codes and I just got a blank look and "....or you could just buy them?" =)

I'm not going to pre-order them (not even sure if that's available in the UK) because just before Christmas is not a good time to be buying stuff for myself, but I'll definitely be looking out for them after Christmas. :)

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > Just so I understand, you can _only_ get the mini _IF_ you buy the real world figure?

>

> That was my understanding

That's my understanding too. Which is frustrating, because I'm sure a lot of people would like the minis who won't be able to get the figures for some reason (for a start I'm not sure about their availability internationally).

But I suspect there will be people in the opposite position too: they want the figures but don't want the minis, and I assume the minis will be given out in the form of a code inside the box, meaning it would be possible to separate the two and share them out. Obviously there's a lot of trust required there and I don't recommend anyone does that unless they know and trust the other person, but if you ask around it might be possible to find someone who only wants the minis _or_ the figures and would be willing to let you have the other part.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> I preordered them from a site called Galactic Toys & Collectibles. I googled the company and they seem very legit.

>

> This is going to be a Christmas present to me from my cats :)

Grrrrrr.....I think my local gamestop has them in stock and I have not heard a word from this "Place" I bought the presells from. I am not positive I like this "Galactic Toys & Collectibles" site. With my luck I probably got scammed...oh well, live and learn.

Lisa-Calling Gamestop when they open.

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > I preordered them from a site called Galactic Toys & Collectibles. I googled the company and they seem very legit.

> >

> > This is going to be a Christmas present to me from my cats :)

>

> Grrrrrr.....I think my local gamestop has them in stock and I have not heard a word from this "Place" I bought the presells from. I am not positive I like this "Galactic Toys & Collectibles" site. With my luck I probably got scammed...oh well, live and learn.

>

> Lisa-Calling Gamestop when they open.

That place has them in stock. They appear legit given they have a bricks and mortar store. Might have lost your preorder or dispatched them and not sent a notification. The fact they still say preorder but also in stock suggests they are processing and stock has just arrived in

• 2 weeks later...

Update for anyone who's interested. I _finally_ got around to asking in my local comic shop today and they said according to their ordering system these are due to be released on the 2nd February in the USA, and will be available in the UK shortly after that. I don't know if that's just for the supplier they use or all of them, but it sounds like they're not available anywhere yet.

(I asked the guy to order them in for me, so I should get them as soon as they are available, give or take two weeks for actually getting over there.)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Update for anyone who's interested. I _finally_ got around to asking in my local comic shop today and they said according to their ordering system these are due to be released on the 2nd February in the USA, and will be available in the UK shortly after that. I don't know if that's just for the supplier they use or all of them, but it sounds like they're not available anywhere yet.

>

> (I asked the guy to order them in for me, so I should get them as soon as they are available, give or take two weeks for actually getting over there.)

Likely they meant back in stock, since the US had them released late December and places had stock of them

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Update for anyone who's interested. I _finally_ got around to asking in my local comic shop today and they said according to their ordering system these are due to be released on the 2nd February in the USA, and will be available in the UK shortly after that. I don't know if that's just for the supplier they use or all of them, but it sounds like they're not available anywhere yet.

>

> (I asked the guy to order them in for me, so I should get them as soon as they are available, give or take two weeks for actually getting over there.)

I saw someone with the aurene mini the other day so they are available somewhere.