> > @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Elric.4713" said:

> > > > Echovald Forest.

> > >

> > > This!!

> > >

> > > Also unfrozen Jade Sea.

> > > I really want a big water based map with small islands dotted about.

> >

> > I don't want to be a smart buttocks nerd, but jade sea isn't exactly "frozen".

> > It's solidified Jade. Hence the

> > **Jade** **Sea** name.

>

> It's frozen in the sense that it's petrified from the Jade Wind but it's not frozen like ice frozen :)

> Didn't know what other word to use, guess you could say crystalized but that doesn't quite feel right lol

>

> After Shiro's defeat though both the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest have started showing signs of reversion to their original state so by the time we get there in Gw2 they should be largely restored to a living forest and a water ocean.. which will be fascinating to see :D

Indeed.

Think we'll still be able to see, walk, and swim the Canthan territory, before GW2 comes to its conclusion?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"Elric.4713" said:

> > > > > Echovald Forest.

> > > >

> > > > This!!

> > > >

> > > > Also unfrozen Jade Sea.

> > > > I really want a big water based map with small islands dotted about.

> > >

> > > I don't want to be a smart buttocks nerd, but jade sea isn't exactly "frozen".

> > > It's solidified Jade. Hence the

> > > **Jade** **Sea** name.

> >

> > It's frozen in the sense that it's petrified from the Jade Wind but it's not frozen like ice frozen :)

> > Didn't know what other word to use, guess you could say crystalized but that doesn't quite feel right lol

> >

> > After Shiro's defeat though both the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest have started showing signs of reversion to their original state so by the time we get there in Gw2 they should be largely restored to a living forest and a water ocean.. which will be fascinating to see :D

>

> Indeed.

> Think we'll still be able to see, walk, and swim the Canthan territory, before GW2 comes to its conclusion?

Highly unlikely, and honestly id rather not go back, i want to see -new- places that we have never seen before, going back to the old places we have been going while nice is getting old IMO. Lemme explore Janthir bay and its isles(and that volcanic region at the far north of the map), the region of Elona known as Dzalana, Lets go the crater that Kralkatorrik made in Elona, the entire region known as Scavengers causeway has never been touched and its a huge portion of the map, the Domain of Winds would be amazing if it was made exploreable.

Theres even room for anet to go to an entire new continent thats never been seen before IG and does exist in lore, why not go there?

Dense woodlands, my best description is like classic fantasy stuff, with ancient magic within the forest which goes on seemingly forever. Dark secrets are inside but it’s also beautiful and maybe there’s a section where someone lives - be it a classic medieval village or woodland elves (I know neither of this probably exists in GW, but inspired by it). This is what I want woodland cascades more than anything, because it could work out perfectly.

The other thing I’m dying for is underwater. Now here I could list countless things I’d like to see, but I’ll leave it at this; underwater, with enough imagination, could be just as versatile and fun as land.

And lastly snowy biomes are I’m my top three as well, specifically what I wanted from this game right now in this regard is a creepy, ancient dense forest filled with horrors, but work of all, the wendigo (boneskinner). The aberrant forest was 100% what I wanted, I just wanted a spot 5-10 times bigger. I’d settle for a second area that’s considerably larger though I suppose

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > @"Elric.4713" said:

> > > > > > Echovald Forest.

> > > > >

> > > > > This!!

> > > > >

> > > > > Also unfrozen Jade Sea.

> > > > > I really want a big water based map with small islands dotted about.

> > > >

> > > > I don't want to be a smart buttocks nerd, but jade sea isn't exactly "frozen".

> > > > It's solidified Jade. Hence the

> > > > **Jade** **Sea** name.

> > >

> > > It's frozen in the sense that it's petrified from the Jade Wind but it's not frozen like ice frozen :)

> > > Didn't know what other word to use, guess you could say crystalized but that doesn't quite feel right lol

> > >

> > > After Shiro's defeat though both the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest have started showing signs of reversion to their original state so by the time we get there in Gw2 they should be largely restored to a living forest and a water ocean.. which will be fascinating to see :D

> >

> > Indeed.

> > Think we'll still be able to see, walk, and swim the Canthan territory, before GW2 comes to its conclusion?

>

> Highly unlikely, and honestly id rather not go back, i want to see -new- places that we have never seen before, going back to the old places we have been going while nice is getting old IMO. Lemme explore Janthir bay and its isles(and that volcanic region at the far north of the map), the region of Elona known as Dzalana, Lets go the crater that Kralkatorrik made in Elona, the entire region known as Scavengers causeway has never been touched and its a huge portion of the map, the Domain of Winds would be amazing if it was made exploreable.

>

> Theres even room for anet to go to an entire new continent thats never been seen before IG and does exist in lore, why not go there?

>

>

Agreed.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> Dense woodlands, my best description is like classic fantasy stuff, with ancient magic within the forest which goes on seemingly forever. Dark secrets are inside but it’s also beautiful and maybe there’s a section where someone lives

They could Make this with the other Pale Tree that exists.

> woodland elves

Sylvari, for all intents and purposes, are the Elves of GW2.

> > > >

> > > > This!!

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't want to be a smart buttocks nerd, but jade sea isn't exactly "frozen".

> >

> > It's frozen in the sense that it's petrified from the Jade Wind but it's not frozen like ice frozen :)

> > Didn't know what other word to use, guess you could say crystalized but that doesn't quite feel right lol

> >

> > After Shiro's defeat though both the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest have started showing signs of reversion to their original state so by the time we get there in Gw2 they should be largely restored to a living forest and a water ocean.. which will be fascinating to see :D

>

> Indeed.

> Think we'll still be able to see, walk, and swim the Canthan territory, before GW2 comes to its conclusion?

I beleive so and hope so.

Anet is very much aware that Cantha is big deal for a lot of Gw1 players as well as a number of Gw2 players who've never been there but want to because of how much it's been positively spoken about over the years.

It's going to be a very different place than it was in Gw1, Jade Sea and Echovald Forest being 2 of the biggest regions that will have changed drastically.

Im also very excited to see the old shanty town too and what that would look like in Gw2.

There's also much potential there too, those who tend to say No Cantha lets go somewhere new all the time completely miss the fact that the Cantha we got in Gw1 wasn't even half of the continent.

There is tons of landmass there we have never seen as well, but unlike other continents which I often hear requested instead of Cantha.. Cantha already has a very strong cultural foundation and theme to build on in these new areas.

Going to a whole new continent is like a blank slate.. everything has to be created from scratch, even the foundation for the culture, people, architecture and creatues that live there.. and there's no guarantee people are going to like this new world even though it's what they asked for.

Going back to Cantha saves a lot of world building work there and has the added benefit of being a region a lot of people want to go back to and explore again.. which means big selling point for a large scale expansion which is something the game really needs and is in high demand for right now.

There are tons of locations on core Tyria too that many including me want to explore too.

Scavengers Causeway and the Dominion of Winds as Dante said above are two locations i've wanted to go to for years.

As are Verdant Forest and the Isles of Janthier.. not to mention the large underground world that we only got a taste of in Gw1.

Cantha is always going to be top of that list for me though, that place was just outstandingly wonderful to explore ^^

@"Teratus.2859"

Good point.

But only time will tell.

I'd like to return to Cantha too, but then @"Dante.1763" also does make a good point in saying that there are still areas in tyria to be discovered, such as Woodland Cascades.

So I'm kinda in between the two.

Don't know if ANet can or are willing to deliver both.

> > > >

> > > > This!!

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Indeed.

Sadly I don’t think it will happen

> @"Teratus.2859"

> Good point.

> But only time will tell.

> I'd like to return to Cantha too, but then @"Dante.1763" also does make a good point in saying that there are still areas in tyria to be discovered, such as Verdant Cascades.

>

> So I'm kinda in between the two.

> Don't know if ANet can or are willing to deliver both.

They definitely can do it, they just need a reason to justify doing it and taking us there :)

Whether they will deliver both though is anyones guess.. as much as we'd all love to have every region explored in the game it's not practical lol

What does tickle the brain though is wondering how many times a map and storyline was considered before being dropped.. like how many regions would exist in the game right now if all the cut ideas did make it into a release.

Fun to speculate but there's no possible way for us to know lol

That said Wooden Potatoes did make a video on datamined maps a good while back where you could explore them with some program I forget the name of.

There was a Fissue of Woe themed on in there which was awesome and I think a older concept Lake Dorik map which didn't make the cut too.

I might rewatch that video if I can find it.

A forest that has as much immersion as Anet can muster, one that has thick bushes and huge trees, one with caves that creeps out even the bravest of player and nature that clears even the most aggressive mind.

I really love to see Anet take the time making a forest that feels natural, animals reacting natural so a deer doesn't just attack players but run away and birds doing their thing with player interaction.

The one thing that would really make me happy is a map with proper DE's, the ones that evolve not only in itself but throughout the map, making it matter in the long run. (and quests, no hearts, but that's wishful thinking)

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859"

> > Good point.

> > But only time will tell.

> > I'd like to return to Cantha too, but then @"Dante.1763" also does make a good point in saying that there are still areas in tyria to be discovered, such as Verdant Cascades.

> >

> > So I'm kinda in between the two.

> > Don't know if ANet can or are willing to deliver both.

>

> They definitely can do it, they just need a reason to justify doing it and taking us there :)

> Whether they will deliver both though is anyones guess.. as much as we'd all love to have every region explored in the game it's not practical lol

>

> What does tickle the brain though is wondering how many times a map and storyline was considered before being dropped.. like how many regions would exist in the game right now if all the cut ideas did make it into a release.

> Fun to speculate but there's no possible way for us to know lol

>

> That said Wooden Potatoes did make a video on datamined maps a good while back where you could explore them with some program I forget the name of.

> There was a Fissue of Woe themed on in there which was awesome and I think a older concept Lake Dorik map which didn't make the cut too.

> I might rewatch that video if I can find it.

Pretty sure the fissure of woe themed one was for a fractal that never saw the light of day(once upon a time anet did a vote.) i forgot which one ended up winning though, but the winner made its way into game.

Something like the Estate of Unrest from the original EQ. A creepy Lovecraftian mansion and its surrounding plantation, where you're glad the sun never shines because of what it might reveal if it did. The days are always overcast and every night is a waning moon of waning hope, full of undead and spiders and bats and everything that makes people's skin crawl. Place it someplace in Ascalon, make a Bad Place where something like the end boss of Deepstone resides, a place where even the Foefire went horribly wrong...

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> Something like the Estate of Unrest from the original EQ. A creepy Lovecraftian mansion and its surrounding plantation, where you're glad the sun never shines because of what it might reveal if it did. The days are always overcast and every night is a waning moon of waning hope, full of undead and spiders and bats and everything that makes people's skin crawl. Place it someplace in Ascalon, make a Bad Place where something like the end boss of Deepstone resides, a place where even the Foefire went horribly wrong...

OMG yes...

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859"

> > > Good point.

> > > But only time will tell.

> > > I'd like to return to Cantha too, but then @"Dante.1763" also does make a good point in saying that there are still areas in tyria to be discovered, such as Verdant Cascades.

> > >

> > > So I'm kinda in between the two.

> > > Don't know if ANet can or are willing to deliver both.

> >

> > They definitely can do it, they just need a reason to justify doing it and taking us there :)

> > Whether they will deliver both though is anyones guess.. as much as we'd all love to have every region explored in the game it's not practical lol

> >

> > What does tickle the brain though is wondering how many times a map and storyline was considered before being dropped.. like how many regions would exist in the game right now if all the cut ideas did make it into a release.

> > Fun to speculate but there's no possible way for us to know lol

> >

> > That said Wooden Potatoes did make a video on datamined maps a good while back where you could explore them with some program I forget the name of.

> > There was a Fissue of Woe themed on in there which was awesome and I think a older concept Lake Dorik map which didn't make the cut too.

> > I might rewatch that video if I can find it.

>

> Pretty sure the fissure of woe themed one was for a fractal that never saw the light of day(once upon a time anet did a vote.) i forgot which one ended up winning though, but the winner made its way into game.

It might have been, That's one area i'd love to go back to one day.. specially now with Balth gone.

There's a whole Story there regarding his brother that Anet hasn't touched on and I really hope they do.

I don't think it was the fractal related to the vote though, that was between the Thermanova fractal which we got and a fractal based around Abaddon who didn't have that much to do with the Fissure of Woe.

Aside from Menzies and his Shadow army being some of his allies.

I like snow and jungle maps, but the new map is shit. I personally do not like desert maps, but the map design, content quality, map flow and context far out way the tileset. Sadly, all these aspects have been struggling in maps for a while (with few exceptions).

Op, what you described is HoT lol. In any case, it will be snow for a while now.

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> Something like the Estate of Unrest from the original EQ. A creepy Lovecraftian mansion and its surrounding plantation, where you're glad the sun never shines because of what it might reveal if it did. The days are always overcast and every night is a waning moon of waning hope, full of undead and spiders and bats and everything that makes people's skin crawl. Place it someplace in Ascalon, make a Bad Place where something like the end boss of Deepstone resides, a place where even the Foefire went horribly wrong...

Read "The Diary of Alonzo Typer" by William Lumley and H.P. Lovecraft to get a sense of what I'm talking about in this proposed place. Ghosts? Oh yes, there are ghosts...and what keeps them there. A true gothic horror story, not a crazy half-fun Halloween tale like Mad King Thorn.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> I like snow and jungle maps, but the new map is kitten. I personally do not like desert maps, but the map design, content quality, map flow and context far out way the tileset. Sadly, all these aspects have been struggling in maps for a while (with few exceptions).

>

> Op, what you described is HoT lol. In any case, it will be snow for a while now.

HoT is a jungle, not a forest. Vastly different things. Also HoT maps are creepy in a wild unknown savage way, not in a ghosts and graveyards way, which is what I was saying.

I know that lots of western people like dark, creepy map, i don't know why. But to be honest I'm not fond of such maps, not feel like to play such places so long.

Timberline Falls, Ascalonian fields, Bloodtide Coast, Sandswept Isles are the best for me. I'm just jealous sunny map, clear sky of FF14.

> @"arielwind.8921" said:

> I know that lots of western people like dark, creepy map, but to be honest I'm not fond of such maps, not feel like to play such places so long.

> Timberline Falls, Ascalonian fields, Bloodtide Coast, Sandswept Isles are the best for me. I'm just jealous sunny map, clear sky of FF14.

Oh I like those too indeed. But we already have some of those. Queensdale and most of kryta is sunny green fields, and grothmar Valley too.

i liked the Thunderhead Peaks map in the area outside the castle ruins and the paths gave an nostalgic feeling , the latest spooky forest with fog etc also was a nice addition but its a little bit small. Basically a snowy map with a Castle town and a dangerous forest seems nice and when i mean dangerous it does not mean that you need to put a mob every 2 meters i like to be ambushed and suprised when roaming the open world. And make them more tight and condenced especially the towns and castles .

If the story allows it give us a darker theme personally i wouldn't mind if the forest in the latest took a bigger part i think most of us would like to have that old school RPG vibes.

Also you can rework if the workflow allows old Tyria maps there are very good maps but they need some upgrade with new gfx and mood we dont need more mobs to kill there you can have less but harder enemies for us to kill i like to travel all maps and explore but it gets boring to have to stop every 5 meters to kill something :D

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"arielwind.8921" said:

> > I know that lots of western people like dark, creepy map, but to be honest I'm not fond of such maps, not feel like to play such places so long.

> > Timberline Falls, Ascalonian fields, Bloodtide Coast, Sandswept Isles are the best for me. I'm just jealous sunny map, clear sky of FF14.

>

> Oh I like those too indeed. But we already have some of those. Queensdale and most of kryta is sunny green fields, and grothmar Valley too.

There's too much sunshine in the real world. Give me cold, dark and creepy any day.