Open world Legendary armor collections [SUGGESTION]

Zehs.4037

You might think that this will be too easy to achive but hear me out!

There is soo much content in this game that becomes forgotten and skins/armours that are only used to fashion wars that can have some more love in the game and spacing out people to many more maps and giving intensive to do dungeons and other dead content

**Some examples of collection items needed one massive collection for each armor type**

Acended armor collections completed

Luminescent armor collections completed

All dungeon armor collections completed

Bladed armour collections completed

Leystone armor collections completed

Bounty Hunter's armor collections completed

Funerary armor collections completed

Warbeast armor collections completed

Rare drops from Strike missions

Rare drops from World bosses

Rare drops from Fractal Bosses

Rare drops from dungeon bosses

Rare drops from meta events

Rare rewards from gold chest mount races rewards

Rare rewards from gold chest adventure rewards

500+ of each map currency from all living world season 3 and 4 maps

Around 6 sets of collections and after each set you craft a set of armor with various looks

and some collections you run around the world to infuse an item you make with a reward you get from salvaging each level of the armours

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prepare to get pooped on by the raiders who think only they should have legendary armor because their content is "hard".

Im for it, especially with the absurd requirements of finishing all the armor collections you up there, i -still- dont have all of them done and ive been playing since beta. remove the stuff from SMS, Dungeons and Fractals. Those arent open world content and shouldnt be included.

Races shouldnt be on there either, while open world races should continue to be a fun adventure, and not something that becomes a frustrating grind, not everyone can get gold on the races.

Im also against having it become an RNG type collection(in regards to the rare drops) because of the rest of the RNG items you have up there(the armors if you dont buy them) unless those "rare" drops have a drop rate similar to the drops for the legendary weapon collection items.

The armor collections alone involve a huge amount of time, resources and money and honestly those are fine by themselves.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> prepare to get pooped on by the raiders who think only they should have legendary armor because their content is "hard".

>

> Im for it, especially with the absurd requirements of finishing all the armor collections you up there, i -still- dont have all of them done and ive been playing since beta. remove the stuff from SMS, Dungeons and Fractals. Those arent open world content and shouldnt be included.

>

> Races shouldnt be on there either, while open world races should continue to be a fun adventure, and not something that becomes a frustrating grind, not everyone can get gold on the races.

>

> Im also against having it become an RNG type collection(in regards to the rare drops) because of the rest of the RNG items you have up there(the armors if you dont buy them) unless those "rare" drops have a drop rate similar to the drops for the legendary weapon collection items.

>

> The armor collections alone involve a huge amount of time, resources and money and honestly those are fine by themselves.

TBH i just posted everything i could come up with that is sort of open world and easy to get access to and is not too hard itself but taking like double the time it takes for normal raid legendary armour

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> There's already a way to get them in PvP and WvW, not sure why there isn't in open world.

What I don't understand is why a PvP armor? You don't need it in PvP. And if you play PvP only to use it in WvW or open world, then why you don't play WvW in the first instance?

So, I think an Open World variant of the Legendary armor is OK. HM!! The Open World content is played even without an armor as reward. So, this may be the answer - why to make a game mode attractive when it is played already, even without an exclusive reward? In this way the main feature of any legendary armor - the time gate - is useless. How to make a legendary without a time gate? Absurd.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > There's already a way to get them in PvP and WvW, not sure why there isn't in open world.

>

> What I don't understand is why a PvP armor? You don't need it in PvP. And if you play PvP only to use it in WvW or open world, then why you don't play WvW in the first instance?

> So, I think an Open World variant of the Legendary armor is OK. HM!! The Open World content is played even without an armor as reward. So, this may be the answer - why to make a game mode attractive when it is played already, even without an exclusive reward? In this way the main feature of any legendary armor - the time gate - is useless. How to make a legendary without a time gate? Absurd.

PvP armor is for people that despise PvE to play WvW. It allows PvP players to earn an additional avenue for legendary armor because if you had ever made PvP/WvW legendary armor you would know it takes ages. PvP armor takes 3 seasons due to ticket cap ; WvW armor takes over half a year if you want mistforged or 21 weeks otherwise (at maxed skirmish tickets per week). In comparison it's a mere 6 weeks for PvE at weekly legendary insight cap.

PvE is also by far the most profitable game mode, so that isn't a legitimate complaint. Also with templates unless you shell out for maxed equipment templates and play WvW , legendary WvW/PvP armor likely isn't worth it as there is no skin benefit only functionality. I say this because I have full legendary mistforged but there really isn't much use if you play a class that can't make use of minstrel , diviner, or harrier (mainly chrono, firebrand, scrapper) because at best you're looking at berserker's+viper+marauder (WvW) typically.

> @"Zehs.4037" said:

> You might think that this will be too easy to achive but hear me out!

> There is soo much content in this game that becomes forgotten and skins/armours that are only used to fashion wars that can have some more love in the game and spacing out people to many more maps and giving intensive to do dungeons and other dead content

>

> **Some examples of collection items needed one massive collection for each armor type**

> Acended armor collections completed

> Luminescent armor collections completed

> All dungeon armor collections completed

> Bladed armour collections completed

> Leystone armor collections completed

> Bounty Hunter's armor collections completed

> Funerary armor collections completed

> Warbeast armor collections completed

> Rare drops from Strike missions

> Rare drops from World bosses

> Rare drops from Fractal Bosses

> Rare drops from dungeon bosses

> Rare drops from meta events

> Rare rewards from gold chest mount races rewards

> Rare rewards from gold chest adventure rewards

> 500+ of each map currency from all living world season 3 and 4 maps

>

> Around 6 sets of collections and after each set you craft a set of armor with various looks

> and some collections you run around the world to infuse an item you make with a reward you get from salvaging each level of the armours

Ah, yes. So many collections, so many achievements one can only anticipate the angry forum posts "OMG NERF THIS NERF THAT NERF EVERYTHING NERF NERF NERF". And we are back to square one.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Zehs.4037" said:

> > You might think that this will be too easy to achive but hear me out!

> > There is soo much content in this game that becomes forgotten and skins/armours that are only used to fashion wars that can have some more love in the game and spacing out people to many more maps and giving intensive to do dungeons and other dead content

> >

> > **Some examples of collection items needed one massive collection for each armor type**

> > Acended armor collections completed

> > Luminescent armor collections completed

> > All dungeon armor collections completed

> > Bladed armour collections completed

> > Leystone armor collections completed

> > Bounty Hunter's armor collections completed

> > Funerary armor collections completed

> > Warbeast armor collections completed

> > Rare drops from Strike missions

> > Rare drops from World bosses

> > Rare drops from Fractal Bosses

> > Rare drops from dungeon bosses

> > Rare drops from meta events

> > Rare rewards from gold chest mount races rewards

> > Rare rewards from gold chest adventure rewards

> > 500+ of each map currency from all living world season 3 and 4 maps

> >

> > Around 6 sets of collections and after each set you craft a set of armor with various looks

> > and some collections you run around the world to infuse an item you make with a reward you get from salvaging each level of the armours

>

> Ah, yes. So many collections, so many achievements one can only anticipate the angry forum posts "OMG NERF THIS NERF THAT NERF EVERYTHING NERF NERF NERF". And we are back to square one.

We have those anyways, but at least wed have a legendary armor option for open world.

I'm all for collections but as mainly open world player I am kinda ok with how legendary gear collections are atm. Its accessible in all game modes (Pve > via raids, PVP and WvW which is pvppve). The raid version even has different looks than its pvp and wvw versions but it needs better gameplay to achieve it (for the 25 LI per item). The crafting of a legendary uses items from various options and only the pve one needs LI (any other mat can be gathered from elsewhere). If you really want legendary gear you would have no issue to spend some time in wvw or pvp as pve player (or you get into easy training raid bosses that give li or divinations). How many pve players played wvw to get the warclaw? The ones that really wanted it did. Besides legendary gear and weapons is optional, they are not better than ascended. They only give some qol but this is debatable since build "templates" came.

Please no.

I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

-they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

-they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

I think it is enough.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> Please no.

> I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

>

> I think it is enough.

>

Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > Please no.

> > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> >

> > I think it is enough.

> >

>

> Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > Please no.

> > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > >

> > > I think it is enough.

> > >

> >

> > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

>

> Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

Open world and instanced content isn't the same.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > Please no.

> > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

>

As long as the skin is different why does it matter if there's a you've done a lot of collections legendary armor? The raid specific one will still remain unique.

As long as there is enough time and requiring the more difficult open world content to be done as well to compensate for the lessened difficulty, I don't have a problem with it. It should definitely be the option that takes the longest to do as it is just open world.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > Please no.

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Raids are instanced PVE, and like Fractals and Dungeons are their own seperate game mode. Open World PVE, the portion that the vast majority of the game plays does not have a legendary armor set.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> As long as the skin is different why does it matter if there's a you've done a lot of collections legendary armor? The raid specific one will still remain unique.

>

> As long as there is enough time and requiring the more difficult open world content to be done as well to compensate for the lessened difficulty, I don't have a problem with it. It should definitely be the option that takes the longest to do as it is just open world.

This. I literally dont care if it looks like ascended armor set, i want the ability to swap stats. Even if it for a ton of effort. Cant do raids ATM because of my time zone so ill never get a set of Legendary armor, period.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Raids are instanced PVE, and like Fractals and Dungeons are their own seperate game mode. Open World PVE, the portion that the vast majority of the game plays does not have a legendary armor set.

Right so they are separate modes. Where can you get Legendary Weapons in Raids?

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> As long as the skin is different why does it matter if there's a you've done a lot of collections legendary armor? The raid specific one will still remain unique.

Maybe, since they are separate modes, they should add the next generation of legendary weapons (when they finally appear) as future Raid/Fractal rewards, if it's a different skin then what's the problem?

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > Raids are instanced PVE, and like Fractals and Dungeons are their own seperate game mode. Open World PVE, the portion that the vast majority of the game plays does not have a legendary armor set.

>

> Right so they are separate modes. Where can you get Legendary Weapons in Raids?

>

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > As long as the skin is different why does it matter if there's a you've done a lot of collections legendary armor? The raid specific one will still remain unique.

>

> Maybe, since they are separate modes, they should add the next generation of legendary weapons (when they finally appear) as future Raid/Fractal rewards, if it's a different skin then what's the problem?

>

To be honest im surprised they didnt make gen 2 legendaries require things from raids, they do require things from every other mode. And i wouldnt be surprised if Gen 3 legendaries -do- require items from raids or strikes or even fractals.

Also, if the amount of time that has to be spent is the same, why get so uptight and offended when players want something for the game mode they play, what does it take away from the game to give Open World PVE a legendary armor set? As long as it takes the same amount of time and effort to obtain(Which its mostly time for WvW/PVP.). Raids are the only armor that takes effort, and its not even effort anymore since it so hard to find groups willing to take newer players alongt(Do they though? Considering you can now pay for runs.)

ive been working towards Raid armor for a long time the right way, doing raids learning etc. but ive hit a brick wall of being unable to find a group that is willing to bring me along to do KC and Xera, and its getting to the point that im just about to buy it, so i can finish the collection.

NO!

Open world content is the easiest, most rewarding content in the game; there is nothing that can't be zerged-down and you want to give it legendary armour too? World map completion gives you a part of a legendary weapon, that's what level it's at, and i think that's entirely appropriate.

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> NO!

>

> Open world content is the easiest, most rewarding content in the game; there is nothing that can't be zerged-down and you want to give it legendary armour too? World map completion gives you a part of a legendary weapon, that's what level it's at, and i think that's entirely appropriate.

Raids are so easy i can give someone gold and have them do it for me, in fact its not even that bad, 500g gives all the collections, and then i can just pay for weekly paths and obtain it that way, its not terribly expensive. WVWs armor can be obtained by doing nothing but zerg content. PVPs is the only armour that would be truly considered legendary by your logic.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Funky.4861" said:

> > NO!

> >

> > Open world content is the easiest, most rewarding content in the game; there is nothing that can't be zerged-down and you want to give it legendary armour too? World map completion gives you a part of a legendary weapon, that's what level it's at, and i think that's entirely appropriate.

>

> Raids are so easy i can give someone gold and have them do it for me, in fact its not even that bad, 500g gives all the collections, and then i can just pay for weekly paths and obtain it that way, its not terribly expensive. WVWs armor can be obtained by doing nothing but zerg content. PVPs is the only armour that would be truly considered legendary by your logic.

He also equates "most rewarding" with most gold/hour, completely ignoring ascended drops, the possibility to raidsell, unique skins, unique items etc.

And if we are going by most gold/hour playing the tp is the "most rewarding" content.

Actually no Dante; if you looked into the OW lege armour collections you would see that (for refined envoy armour) you have to activate the crystalline heart and survive the encounter whilst getting kill credit as a bare minimum, so selling raids won't guarantee you the collection item. Also, OW content is more rewarding than pvp or wvw; that is what i was referencing, gold/hour is a playstyle, not a game mode.

If you don't play open world in a certain way, hopping from meta to meta, doing a farmtrain, it isn't any more rewarding than pvp or WvW. So going by your logic, if gold/hour is just a playstyle, how is it more rewarding? Playing OW content mindlessely isn't rewarding at all, whereas rewards are guaranteed by playtime in WvW and PvP.

I also like how you completely ignored the option that you can raidsell.

The only thing I can agree with is that WvW is the least rewarding content overall.