Open world Legendary armor collections [SUGGESTION]

Zehs.4037

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> Legendary armor has that "oh kitten this mofo is hardcore and earned that kitten." Your way is more like "im lazy and dont want to learn or put in the time to get better to get something i want." Stick to the gem store, they have better looking armor for your kind of play. This kind of thinking that everyone deserves everything is bs and is what made this game kitten in the end. So much potential wasted. Good luck surviving 2020.

You mean the "this guy only logs in once a week". Nothing hardcore about that, in fact that's pretty casual ;) .

Demonizing people that buy stuff in the gemstore is such a silly thing to do, they keep the game alive and not shut down, unlike some niche gamers. It's always nice to see players that "quit" still hanging around here, like some kind of addict.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> Legendary armor has that "oh kitten this mofo is hardcore and earned that kitten." Your way is more like "im lazy and dont want to learn or put in the time to get better to get something i want."

People ARE saying that, IF you completely ignore the point that they want to EARN it in OW. That detail ruins your straw man.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > Legendary armor has that "oh kitten this mofo is hardcore and earned that kitten." Your way is more like "im lazy and dont want to learn or put in the time to get better to get something i want."

>

> People ARE saying that, IF you completely ignore the point that they want to EARN it in OW. That detail ruins your straw man.

That depends on your definition of the word "earn".

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > Legendary armor has that "oh kitten this mofo is hardcore and earned that kitten." Your way is more like "im lazy and dont want to learn or put in the time to get better to get something i want."

> >

> > People ARE saying that, IF you completely ignore the point that they want to EARN it in OW. That detail ruins your straw man.

>

> That depends on your definition of the word "earn".

Skyscale, Aurora and Vision are good examples. Takes heaps more effort as well as the needed resources to get those compared to WvW or PvP.

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > People ARE saying that, IF you completely ignore the point that they want to EARN it in OW. That detail ruins your straw man.

> >

> > That depends on your definition of the word "earn".

>

> Skyscale, Aurora and Vision are good examples. Takes heaps more effort as well as the needed resources to get those compared to WvW or PvP.

You mean effort and resources to craft those compared to getting legendary armor in WVW or PVP because otherwise it makes no sense since WVW or PVP do not have access to Skyscale, Aurora or Vision. It would be interesting if they added Aurora and Vision to WVW/PVP though, to keep in line with adding Legendary Armor to OW.

I personally would love to have legendary armor in ow.

I've tried to raid before, but the requirements raiding parties look for are to specific for my taste. "LF experienced healer or dps or tank with this type of build using this type of armor." When you dont have the requirements or the experience you're kicked faster than you can say oh?.

I do agree with other commentors that raiding and ow are both pve content, when it comes to other games. However raiding pve compared to ow pve in this game is a whole different scenario in my opinion compared to other games. Raid content is phenomenally different from basic ow pve content. A large part of it is that raiding is daunting and hard to get in/into, especially without an organized group. Hence people taking advantage of that fact and offering their services to those who can pay. Raiding is a challenge to complete and get what you're looking for in there. That is why legendary armor is so important to raiders.(I'm assuming)

However ow content has it's own idiosyncrasies and difficulties. In the fact that it is time consuming, sure it's easier but it involves a lot of waiting. Im not saying raids and other content are not time consuming. I'm saying that ow has a lot to it and it takes a long time to collect and acquire certain things. Like the racial armor, its ow content, but it's all armor types for all races which means creating at least one character from each race. Unlike say pvp and wvw where their armor is just the 3 types, granted they have a unique currencies to acquire them and such, which adds it's own form of difficulty and time consumption. Another example might be other armor like the funerary, or requiem armor. They require long quests that take you all over the place collecting and waiting to kill specific creatures in time gated events, and after doing all that you get the boots rather than the whole gear set.

I would imagine if they do ever add legendary armor to Ow it will have to involve the most time consuming, time-gated, and mind numbing content, all to get just the shoes. With raids you get the option of the challenge and the difficulty. In ow to get legendary armor it would be the type of quest that'll make you want to blow your brains out when you're done with it because a year will have passed and you'll only have the shoes.

I am for OpenWorld legendary armor, however, I do not think we will ever see it. I like to play WvW sometimes, so I am slowly working my way there. Besides the rate of shiny Gem Shop items with more dye channels and better effects, the only positive thing left about leggi armor is utility and now Anet's templates are hurting that.

Talking about fairness... There could and maybe should be a second round of PvE specific legendary armors which excluded raids as needed content, now that we have one armor set per gamemode. But let's have that after PvP and WvW get their first round of weapons and trinkets which are not mostly or completely PvE exclusive.

> @"Cameron.6450" said:

> > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

>

> > And for all you people dissing OW, actually OW bosses and living story bosses have seen complaints in how difficult they are. So yea its not completely braindead nor easier than other modes. Map metas regularly fail outside of NA timezones.

>

> That's really more of an indictment on the people complaining than it is an indicator of difficulty in that content.

Lol i just completed the jump puzzle chalice of tears and immediately thought of this thread. Maybe complete that in your first try then we talk. Certainly tougher than pressing skills at a big target

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > @"Cameron.6450" said:

> > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> >

> > > And for all you people dissing OW, actually OW bosses and living story bosses have seen complaints in how difficult they are. So yea its not completely braindead nor easier than other modes. Map metas regularly fail outside of NA timezones.

> >

> > That's really more of an indictment on the people complaining than it is an indicator of difficulty in that content.

>

> Lol i just completed the jump puzzle chalice of tears and immediately thought of this thread. Maybe complete that in your first try then we talk. Certainly tougher than pressing skills at a big target

Read your own comment again. How many "OW bosses and living story bosses" are there in chalice of tears? If you want to talk about non-combat difficulty, we can do that. But when you clearly mention bosses and meta events, and then pull up an example that isn't even a fight, it doesn't really give you that "gotcha" moment you seem to be looking for.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoy the difficult jumping puzzles, and would say that chalice of tears is reasonably difficult without a guide (probably not worth throwing out a "do this then we talk", but to each their own) . And while there are a few other jumping puzzles (along with SAB trib mode) that I would also consider somewhat challenging, OW is talked about as being braindead because of the parts of it see the most activity. If an open world set of legendary armor featured tasks on the level of finishing those puzzles without a mesmer to port you through it, then maybe something could work. But then again, if raids just boil down to "pressing skills at a big target", then I'm not really sure why there needs to be an OW set. OW is just pressing skills at even bigger targets, so it should be pretty easy to breeze through and pick up that armor right?

> @"Cameron.6450" said:

> > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > @"Cameron.6450" said:

> > > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > >

> > > > And for all you people dissing OW, actually OW bosses and living story bosses have seen complaints in how difficult they are. So yea its not completely braindead nor easier than other modes. Map metas regularly fail outside of NA timezones.

> > >

> > > That's really more of an indictment on the people complaining than it is an indicator of difficulty in that content.

> >

> > Lol i just completed the jump puzzle chalice of tears and immediately thought of this thread. Maybe complete that in your first try then we talk. Certainly tougher than pressing skills at a big target

>

> Read your own comment again. How many "OW bosses and living story bosses" are there in chalice of tears? If you want to talk about non-combat difficulty, we can do that. But when you clearly mention bosses and meta events, and then pull up an example that isn't even a fight, it doesn't really give you that "gotcha" moment you seem to be looking for.

>

> For what it's worth, I actually enjoy the difficult jumping puzzles, and would say that chalice of tears is reasonably difficult without a guide (probably not worth throwing out a "do this then we talk", but to each their own) . And while there are a few other jumping puzzles (along with SAB trib mode) that I would also consider somewhat challenging, OW is talked about as being braindead because of the parts of it see the most activity. If an open world set of legendary armor featured tasks on the level of finishing those puzzles without a mesmer to port you through it, then maybe something could work. But then again, if raids just boil down to "pressing skills at a big target", then I'm not really sure why there needs to be an OW set. OW is just pressing skills at even bigger targets, so it should be pretty easy to breeze through and pick up that armor right?

Why do I have to list everything in my first post which I posted while walking somewhere with my mobile phone and by not doing so, my later points are considered contradicting

If raids and OW are the same because of PVE category, pvp and wvw are the same because PVP category. 1 mode is vs AI and another mode vs players, so simple right

1v1 me in fortnite

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > @"Cameron.6450" said:

> > > > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > >

> > > > > And for all you people dissing OW, actually OW bosses and living story bosses have seen complaints in how difficult they are. So yea its not completely braindead nor easier than other modes. Map metas regularly fail outside of NA timezones.

> > > >

> > > > That's really more of an indictment on the people complaining than it is an indicator of difficulty in that content.

> > >

> > > Lol i just completed the jump puzzle chalice of tears and immediately thought of this thread. Maybe complete that in your first try then we talk. Certainly tougher than pressing skills at a big target

> >

> > Read your own comment again. How many "OW bosses and living story bosses" are there in chalice of tears? If you want to talk about non-combat difficulty, we can do that. But when you clearly mention bosses and meta events, and then pull up an example that isn't even a fight, it doesn't really give you that "gotcha" moment you seem to be looking for.

> >

> > For what it's worth, I actually enjoy the difficult jumping puzzles, and would say that chalice of tears is reasonably difficult without a guide (probably not worth throwing out a "do this then we talk", but to each their own) . And while there are a few other jumping puzzles (along with SAB trib mode) that I would also consider somewhat challenging, OW is talked about as being braindead because of the parts of it see the most activity. If an open world set of legendary armor featured tasks on the level of finishing those puzzles without a mesmer to port you through it, then maybe something could work. But then again, if raids just boil down to "pressing skills at a big target", then I'm not really sure why there needs to be an OW set. OW is just pressing skills at even bigger targets, so it should be pretty easy to breeze through and pick up that armor right?

>

> Why do I have to list everything in my first post which I posted while walking somewhere with my mobile phone and by not doing so, my later points are considered contradicting

>

> If raids and OW are the same because of PVE category, pvp and wvw are the same because PVP category. 1 mode is vs AI and another mode vs players, so simple right

>

> 1v1 me in fortnite

I mean, I never said it's contradictory, because it's not, and that's not the problem. But okay.

If you really think that saying OW and LS bosses are hard is backed up by saying a jumping puzzle is hard, then you are welcome to die on that hill.

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > @"Cameron.6450" said:

> > > > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > >

> > > > > And for all you people dissing OW, actually OW bosses and living story bosses have seen complaints in how difficult they are. So yea its not completely braindead nor easier than other modes. Map metas regularly fail outside of NA timezones.

> > > >

> > > > That's really more of an indictment on the people complaining than it is an indicator of difficulty in that content.

> > >

> > > Lol i just completed the jump puzzle chalice of tears and immediately thought of this thread. Maybe complete that in your first try then we talk. Certainly tougher than pressing skills at a big target

> >

> > Read your own comment again. How many "OW bosses and living story bosses" are there in chalice of tears? If you want to talk about non-combat difficulty, we can do that. But when you clearly mention bosses and meta events, and then pull up an example that isn't even a fight, it doesn't really give you that "gotcha" moment you seem to be looking for.

> >

> > For what it's worth, I actually enjoy the difficult jumping puzzles, and would say that chalice of tears is reasonably difficult without a guide (probably not worth throwing out a "do this then we talk", but to each their own) . And while there are a few other jumping puzzles (along with SAB trib mode) that I would also consider somewhat challenging, OW is talked about as being braindead because of the parts of it see the most activity. If an open world set of legendary armor featured tasks on the level of finishing those puzzles without a mesmer to port you through it, then maybe something could work. But then again, if raids just boil down to "pressing skills at a big target", then I'm not really sure why there needs to be an OW set. OW is just pressing skills at even bigger targets, so it should be pretty easy to breeze through and pick up that armor right?

>

> Why do I have to list everything in my first post which I posted while walking somewhere with my mobile phone and by not doing so, my later points are considered contradicting

>

> If raids and OW are the same because of PVE category, pvp and wvw are the same because PVP category. 1 mode is vs AI and another mode vs players, so simple right

>

> 1v1 me in fortnite

WvW has certainly many pve elements. In that regard, wvw is pve. Even devs said it.

So, there you have it. Your pve set. Happy farming!

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > People ARE saying that, IF you completely ignore the point that they want to EARN it in OW. That detail ruins your straw man.

> > >

> > > That depends on your definition of the word "earn".

> >

> > Skyscale, Aurora and Vision are good examples. Takes heaps more effort as well as the needed resources to get those compared to WvW or PvP.

>

> You mean effort and resources to craft those compared to getting legendary armor in WVW or PVP because otherwise it makes no sense since WVW or PVP do not have access to Skyscale, Aurora or Vision. It would be interesting if they added Aurora and Vision to WVW/PVP though, to keep in line with adding Legendary Armor to OW.

Wanting them to add legendary armor to OW is in line with wanting them to add legendary trinkets to all game modes too. It is fine if you want to ignore all the previous points made.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> WvW has certainly many pve elements. In that regard, wvw is pve. Even devs said it.

>

>

>

> So, there you have it. Your pve set. Happy farming!

Way to.. no this isn't just taken out of context. He is literally saying that people who play WvW is definitely playing PvE. Even in the most minor of sense. Separation between PvE and WvW is so clearly lined that I can't help, but point out how poor your comprehension is.

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > WvW has certainly many pve elements. In that regard, wvw is pve. Even devs said it.

> >

> >

> >

> > So, there you have it. Your pve set. Happy farming!

>

> Way to.. no this isn't just taken out of context. He is literally saying that people who play WvW is definitely playing PvE. Even in the most minor of sense. Separation between PvE and WvW is so clearly lined that I can't help, but point out how poor your comprehension is.

It was supposed to be sarcastic. You know, towards people that try to compare competitive modes or pve modes. Or when they say some modes need only afking for leggy armor. Those kind of people.

Edit: "world versus World (also known as WvW, and sometimes referred to in-universe as the Mist War) is a combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists"

So, there. It has pve, too. Time to grind for that armor!

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > The fact that supporters of this idea try to tell you that OW and raids aren't part of the same game mode should give you a clear idea of it's value.

> > >

> > > This is just another thread of people looking for the top rewards from PvE (Legendary Armor) without doing it's hardest content (raids).

> >

> > What I don't understand is why the raiders continue to complain they have no content when so much PvE content is released. If ANet can keep the promises with a LS episode every 2 months, and if they have the time to add some other QoL updates from time to time, then adding raids is useless. Because raids & OW are PvE. Or not?

>

> Wait, you don't understand the difference between players wanting certain rewards versus certain content?

>

> Wanting legendary armor in open world pve is demanding different rewards for the same content.

>

> Wanting more fractals/raids is demanding more content.

>

> Rewards =/= content....

Well, if they bring out new open world content which would have the hypothetical new legendary armor.... then you'd have both.

Especially as you can already get legendary armor from not the hardest content (WvW/PvP), why would getting legendary gear from not the hardest content (PvE OW) be so much different.

A real reason that I see against more Leg. Armor, is that legendary armor in PvP and WvW probably keeps those modes populated, as well as raids, and as soon as they would put in legendary armor in OW PvE players have no incentive to go in each of those directions. I think PvE OW will mostly populate itself.

If so, Legendary armor is indeed nothing more than a carrot on a stick in order to get you to play outside of your comfortzone. Sadly in the case of PvP and WvW this is nothing more than a grind.

The question begs whether this is needed to support those modes or are they fun and good enough to do without.

I would not add the mount races one, for one thing that would make it not available to non-PoF players, unless that's how they'd want it.

Also some people just stuck or literally don't have the ability to win those. There was a post I read recently by a 70 year old man who was saying he couldn't finish the catch game with your skyscale because it was hard for him. Not that I think that example is a common one at all.

• 2 months later...

I agree with your proposal. I like playing everything, excepted WvW and Raid (due to the elitism). PvP contents, just a few times. So, I'd like that Arenanet can support our category, because I find it stressful making a new ascended armor-set every time. I already own 9 Ascended Armor-Set and often I feel the need to make another yet. But no thanks!

PvP, WvW and Raid are competitive contents, where players constantly in need of build changes throughout each balance updates and shifts of in-game strategies.

This is where legendary armors came in.

Then there's an additional complexity of stat swapping all 6 pieces of the armor _including_ their runes.

None of this appeals the majority of Open World players who mostly stay one build, don't care about stats/trait variants and don't even bother with build templates.

Legendary armor has very little use for these crowd, the skins aren't even that great, let alone grinding for the cost of all 6 pieces of one whole set.

I doubt it will encourage much motivations, as Outfits still make more sense to them in this regard.

> @"Vilin.8056" said:

> PvP, WvW and Raid are competitive contents, where players constantly in need of build changes throughout each balance updates and shifts of in-game strategies.

> This is where legendary armors came in.

>

> Then there's an additional complexity of stat swapping all 6 pieces of the armor _including_ their runes.

>

> None of this appeals the majority of Open World players who mostly stay one build, don't care about stats/trait variants and don't even bother with build templates.

> Legendary armor has very little use for these crowd, the skins aren't even that great, let alone grinding for the cost of all 6 pieces of one whole set.

>

> I doubt it will encourage much motivations, as Outfits still make more sense to them in this regard.

PvP uses a different equipment system, where legendary armor is completely useless.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Vilin.8056" said:

> > PvP, WvW and Raid are competitive contents, where players constantly in need of build changes throughout each balance updates and shifts of in-game strategies.

> > This is where legendary armors came in.

> >

> > Then there's an additional complexity of stat swapping all 6 pieces of the armor _including_ their runes.

> >

> > None of this appeals the majority of Open World players who mostly stay one build, don't care about stats/trait variants and don't even bother with build templates.

> > Legendary armor has very little use for these crowd, the skins aren't even that great, let alone grinding for the cost of all 6 pieces of one whole set.

> >

> > I doubt it will encourage much motivations, as Outfits still make more sense to them in this regard.

>

> PvP uses a different equipment system, where legendary armor is completely useless.

That is true, however PvP players often brings up their builds into WvW roaming, those who does are usually the main audience who would be motivated enough to pay up for the legendary armor since they don't get any new skins for the effort.