200g for a reward track

Notsoperky.4291

Wait.. did i really read it right, 200g to start the Warclaw Skin reward track. Is Anet joking with us again. Why do the WvW people always get it in the end. Are we not good enough. You know we dont make money playing WvW and we are lucky to get a precursor drop, now to spend 200g on a reward track for a warclaw skin. NO THANK YOU. This is really horrible for the WvW players. I will probably get a warning for this post.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize this is the FIRST mount skin available outside of the Gem store?

How is this WvW being neglected. Take your 200g and convert it to gems - it is 500gems right this minute, that is enough to get a random skin. RANDOM as in not going to get the one you want.

This is exactally the sort of content anet should look to add to the game. More ways to get mount skins to show people are playing the content and not just paying for the content.

Would love open world skin collections/quests that rewarded mount skins, wound't care if part of the collection was gated behind similar gold totals. It gives investment and a sence of compleation.

Yes 200g is a bit of liquid gold, but it is less than the commander tag which is more important imo.

> @"Davros.9823" said:

> You do realize this is the FIRST mount skin available outside of the Gem store?

>

> **How is this WvW being neglected**. Take your 200g and convert it to gems - it is 500gems right this minute, that is enough to get a random skin. RANDOM as in not going to get the one you want.

>

> This is exactally the sort of content anet should look to add to the game. More ways to get mount skins to show people are playing the content and not just paying for the content.

>

> Would love open world skin collections/quests that rewarded mount skins, wound't care if part of the collection was gated behind similar gold totals. It gives investment and a sence of compleation.

>

> Yes 200g is a bit of liquid gold, but it is less than the commander tag which is more important imo.

WvW players who aren't leeching off of blobs and actually doing WvW stuff don't just scrape up 200g. If you call blob gold farming content then you're not on the same page as most people here. I've put money into WvW and would happily continue to do so if there's no deception about it.

well, I anticipated around 250g costs, considering what they´ve priced the griffon and skyscale in the past.

Overall very unsatisfying how they implemented such "content" that´s supposed to keep me playing and paying.

I was kinda hyped before but now I will do neither of these things. No money from me, nor any more of my precious time.

> @"kathy.8291" said:

> Wait.. did i really read it right, 200g to start the Warclaw Skin reward track. Is Anet joking with us again. Why do the WvW people always get it in the end. Are we not good enough. You know we dont make money playing WvW and we are lucky to get a precursor drop, now to spend 200g on a reward track for a warclaw skin. NO THANK YOU. This is really horrible for the WvW players. I will probably get a warning for this post.

Buy a few gems and convert to gold.

> You do realize this is the FIRST mount skin available outside of the Gem store?

It is the first time in game that you have to buy a WvW reward track with gold and I believe how this reward track is made is just a test for Anet to see how they can find more and not so obvious ways to promote gem store sales better to more players.

> How is this WvW being neglected. Take your 200g and convert it to gems - it is 500gems right this minute, that is enough to get a random skin. RANDOM as in not going to get the one you want.

The WvW reward track skin is a reskinned version (added guild logo) of the Outrider Warclaw Skin from the Warclaw Frontline Mount Pack Skins and 400 gems is the list price of one skin of the Warclaw Frontline Mount Pack skins. And for the extra 100 gems (from theoretically exchanging the 200 gold to 500 gems) you get some black lion stuff as a black lion promotion, to motivate you to buy more of that stuff.

So it is actually a gemstore sale that hides as a WvW reward track for players, that would normally not buy in the gemstore. Thats why there are (additionally to the skin) no typical WvW items/rewards in the track, but a lot of black lion and gemstore stuff.

> @"Zok.4956" said:

> > You do realize this is the FIRST mount skin available outside of the Gem store?

>

> It is the first time in game that you have to buy a WvW reward track with gold and I believe how this reward track is made is just a test for Anet to see how they can find more and not so obvious ways to promote gem store sales better to more players.

To your point What bothers me more than paying 200g for this, is the Vendor you buy it from is named ‘Reward Track Vendor‘, giving me the impression this is the first of more than one...

>

> > How is this WvW being neglected. Take your 200g and convert it to gems - it is 500gems right this minute, that is enough to get a random skin. RANDOM as in not going to get the one you want.

>

> The WvW reward track skin is a reskinned version (added guild logo) of the Outrider Warclaw Skin from the Warclaw Frontline Mount Pack Skins and 400 gems is the list price of one skin of the Warclaw Frontline Mount Pack skins. And for the extra 100 gems (from theoretically exchanging the 200 gold to 500 gems) you get some black lion stuff as a black lion promotion, to motivate you to buy more of that stuff.

Most of the items that are guild based are this way unfortunately.

>

> So it is actually a gemstore sale that hides as a WvW reward track for players, that would normally not buy in the gemstore. Thats why there are (additionally to the skin) no typical WvW items/rewards in the track, but a lot of black lion and gemstore stuff.

>

Those items at least defer some of the 200 gold. I should be able to recoup 75 gold from the items I have gotten/will get.

But either way, it’s clear the direction they are pointing things.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > You do realize this is the FIRST mount skin available outside of the Gem store?

> >

> > It is the first time in game that you have to buy a WvW reward track with gold and I believe how this reward track is made is just a test for Anet to see how they can find more and not so obvious ways to promote gem store sales better to more players.

>

> To your point What bothers me more than paying 200g for this, is the Vendor you buy it from is named ‘Reward Track Vendor‘, giving me the impression this is the first of more than one...

Have the gold, not thru WvW efforts, but no wouldn't pay that much for a reward track that is not repeatable. We already have cases where looping a reward track results in different rewards, they could have gone that route. But unless there is a ROI overtime, no thanks and no that doesn't count as earnable either, at least to me.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > > You do realize this is the FIRST mount skin available outside of the Gem store?

> > >

> > > It is the first time in game that you have to buy a WvW reward track with gold and I believe how this reward track is made is just a test for Anet to see how they can find more and not so obvious ways to promote gem store sales better to more players.

> >

> > To your point What bothers me more than paying 200g for this, is the Vendor you buy it from is named ‘Reward Track Vendor‘, giving me the impression this is the first of more than one...

>

> Have the gold, not thru WvW efforts, but no wouldn't pay that much for a reward track that is not repeatable. We already have cases where looping a reward track results in different rewards, they could have gone that route. But unless there is a ROI overtime, no thanks and no that doesn't count as earnable either, at least to me.

Not arguing that.,. Was simply pointing out the name of the vendor which implies this isn’t the last purchasable reward track.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Not arguing that.,. Was simply pointing out the name of the vendor which implies this isn’t the last purchasable reward track.

Oh I gotcha there and agree, this is laying ground work for future things. Just more going on the point that if they are going to put a gold price on something like this it needs to be more of a one and done kind of thing. Not a fan of throw away content or something that is just a ~~sync~~ sink. ~~Syncs~~ Sinks need balance.

Edit: was doing a sync while typing out a gold sink, ADHD FTW.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"kathy.8291" said:

> > Wait.. did i really read it right, 200g to start the Warclaw Skin reward track. Is Anet joking with us again. Why do the WvW people always get it in the end. Are we not good enough. You know we dont make money playing WvW and we are lucky to get a precursor drop, now to spend 200g on a reward track for a warclaw skin. NO THANK YOU. This is really horrible for the WvW players. I will probably get a warning for this post.

>

> Buy a few gems and convert to gold.

They destroyed my spec yesterday, but I'll happily whip out my creditcard now!

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> No you'll get a knight telling you to suck it up it's not that much and you get extra stuffs for your value like account bound clovers for your next legendary!

That's me :)

Gold is really of pretty limited use in this game. The mount skin is equally available to everyone, everyone can make their own decision about whether they want to pick it up. I imagine I'll get it eventually but it's more than I was expecting so I'd rather spend on other things for now . . .