Revenant Suggestions after Balance Update

DonArkanio.6419

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"zaswer.5246" said:

> > > > Dont take the second strike from imposible odds or revenant is going to be completely dead in pve

> > >

> > > It won't be. Alacrigade is support so high DPS isn't expected and they'll still have a place. The heal variant isn't affected. Condi ren has a build variant that uses shiro but it's not required. In open world it doesn't really matter but using Jalis is probably comparable.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That's fine and all but I really want actual power rev dps to be a thing in raids at some point. It's fun as hell to play and I want it!

>

> That’ll require rev to have an actual power DPS elite spec.

Why? it's not that far off, and with the ability to split skills from pve and competitive, it should be a simple matter of buffing some weapon coeffs in pve right?

> @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"zaswer.5246" said:

> > > > > Dont take the second strike from imposible odds or revenant is going to be completely dead in pve

> > > >

> > > > It won't be. Alacrigade is support so high DPS isn't expected and they'll still have a place. The heal variant isn't affected. Condi ren has a build variant that uses shiro but it's not required. In open world it doesn't really matter but using Jalis is probably comparable.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's fine and all but I really want actual power rev dps to be a thing in raids at some point. It's fun as hell to play and I want it!

> >

> > That’ll require rev to have an actual power DPS elite spec.

>

> Why? it's not that far off, and with the ability to split skills from pve and competitive, it should be a simple matter of buffing some weapon coeffs in pve right?

To distinguish itself from the existing builds. Any buffs that you add to buff power rev would likely transfer over to the other builds as well negating any benefit to do power rev.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > > > @"zaswer.5246" said:

> > > > Dont take the second strike from imposible odds or revenant is going to be completely dead in pve

> > >

> > > It won't be. Alacrigade is support so high DPS isn't expected and they'll still have a place. The heal variant isn't affected. Condi ren has a build variant that uses shiro but it's not required. In open world it doesn't really matter but using Jalis is probably comparable.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That's fine and all but I really want actual power rev dps to be a thing in raids at some point. It's fun as hell to play and I want it!

>

> That’ll require rev to have an actual power DPS elite spec.

Yes, please.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"zaswer.5246" said:

> > > > > Dont take the second strike from imposible odds or revenant is going to be completely dead in pve

> > > >

> > > > It won't be. Alacrigade is support so high DPS isn't expected and they'll still have a place. The heal variant isn't affected. Condi ren has a build variant that uses shiro but it's not required. In open world it doesn't really matter but using Jalis is probably comparable.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's fine and all but I really want actual power rev dps to be a thing in raids at some point. It's fun as hell to play and I want it!

> >

> > That’ll require rev to have an actual power DPS elite spec.

>

> Yes, please.

I mean isn't herald already kinda that with the upkeep damage and % damage on boons as well?

> @"Jthug.9506" said:

> I don't understand, you mean it would make alacrigade better?? so what it's awful weak sauce now.

If you buff damage for rev, how would it not benefit alacrigade as well? Also what power DPS build do revs have as herald is more of a support elite spec.

It feels cleaner to have an elite spec dedicated to power DPS so that it’s its own thing.

> @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"zaswer.5246" said:

> > > > > > Dont take the second strike from imposible odds or revenant is going to be completely dead in pve

> > > > >

> > > > > It won't be. Alacrigade is support so high DPS isn't expected and they'll still have a place. The heal variant isn't affected. Condi ren has a build variant that uses shiro but it's not required. In open world it doesn't really matter but using Jalis is probably comparable.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That's fine and all but I really want actual power rev dps to be a thing in raids at some point. It's fun as hell to play and I want it!

> > >

> > > That’ll require rev to have an actual power DPS elite spec.

> >

> > Yes, please.

>

> I mean isn't herald already kinda that with the upkeep damage and % damage on boons as well?

Pretty much what @"Ayrilana.1396" just said about herald being designed as a boonshare support specc and wanting a more or less "selfish" power dps specc.

It doesn't help that renegade currently does the "supporting" way better than herald (in PvE, not sure about PvP, but I doubt many play renegade there).

Well agree to disagree I guess, I for one don't think it would be gamebreaking if alacragade did 32k dps instead of 28k or whatever it is now. I wouldn't mind a new elite spec with like GS or something that was more clearly defined as a power DPS spec, but god knows how long we will have to wait for something like that, if it ever happens at all. In the mean time would anyone really be sad to see the PVE coeffs on sword buffed a bit?

> @"Jthug.9506" said:

> > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > Aggressive Agility is a poor version of warrior sprint.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aggressive_Agility

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior%27s_Sprint

> >

> > We dont even have many movement skills bc its all teleports. Come on.

>

> What movement skills do we even have?

Teleports and leaps count for the trait, so these are affected by the trait:

**Weapon Skills**

Sword 3, 5

Axe 4

Mace 3

Staff 5

**Legends**

Shiro: Phase Traversal

Mallyx: Call to Anguish

Hammer 3, even though technically a leap, doesn't count.

• 1 month later...

Should never have been a bow elite, but should have been a scepter elite for thematic fit.

GS power elite also bad idea, not that i don't want GS but like every damn build is using GS for power like everyone is the same, let the hammer be the rev thing or fix coefficients so there is something else to scale power damage on.