Resurrection is out of control

I used to think that downed state and resurrections weren't an issue. That is...until 2v2.

I'm just going to come right out and say it. Rangers and necros are the biggest culprits of this. The speed at which they rez combined with their downed skills is broken and simply shouldn't exist. This isnt' really a hit specifically against rangers and necros but against any class that can rez super quickly. It shouldn't happen, simple as that.

I've had matches when we constantly down a player like FOUR times only for them to be resurrected in a blink of an eye. It's ridiculous. It promotes bad habits. Period.

I am still up for increasing the downed penalty. Make it so if you get rallied / revived the downed icon starts red, and thus the player needs to survive some 20 seconds or the next time it's instant death.

Competitive modes shouldn't allow a long string of rallies/downs before a player is defeated.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> I am still up for increasing the downed penalty. Make it so if you get rallied / revived the downed icon starts red, and thus the player needs to survive some 20 seconds or the next time it's instant death.

>

> Competitive modes shouldn't allow a long string of rallies/downs before a player is defeated.

100% agree...

> @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> I used to think that downed state and resurrections weren't an issue. That is...until 2v2.

>

> I'm just going to come right out and say it. Rangers and necros are the biggest culprits of this. The speed at which they rez combined with their downed skills is broken and simply shouldn't exist. This isnt' really a hit specifically against rangers and necros but against any class that can rez super quickly. It shouldn't happen, simple as that.

>

> I've had matches when we constantly down a player like FOUR times only for them to be resurrected in a blink of an eye. It's ridiculous. It promotes bad habits. Period.

The issue is they didn’t adjust ANY of the downed mechanics (like how much healing by default a rezzer gives) despite the damage level being so much lower now. So the relationship is now out of proportion meaning if there’s a teammate around and you can’t cc/kill them then they’re absolutely going to get their downed ally up

> I used to think that downed state and resurrections weren't an issue. That is...until 2v2.

>

> I'm just going to come right out and say it. Rangers and necros are the biggest culprits of this. The speed at which they rez combined with their downed skills is broken and simply shouldn't exist. This isnt' really a hit specifically against rangers and necros but against any class that can rez super quickly. It shouldn't happen, simple as that.

>

> I've had matches when we constantly down a player like FOUR times only for them to be resurrected in a blink of an eye. It's ridiculous. It promotes bad habits. Period.

Absolutely agree with this.

Its actually that frustrating and ridiculous, that its already nearly kind of funny again.

I completely agree. I have been pounding the drum about res cheese for a while already, and now with the damage being cut drastically while cc spam to prevent resses still very much in place, it is actually extremely hard to cleave or stomp out downed enemies in time when res traits and skills come into play. The worst offender right now is probably Signet of Undeath, since on top of its res capability also the passive effect is completely broken, but it doesn't stop there.

I have the radical suggestion to remove all kind of res assistance from the game and only allow the hard res by hand. This doesn't only include instant resses like Signet of Mercy, Signet of Undeath or Signet of Renewal, but also stuff like Toss Elixir R or Search and Rescue and traits like Allies Aid, Protective Reviver (extremely obnoxious without stability, yes I play Engi...), or Medic's Feedback. These skills and traits have the potential to turn a fight completely on its head, since you often need to go all out to achieve the necessary cleave and take significant pressure yourself meanwhile. If the res then comes through and the revived enemy is back up with significant health and cooldowns ready you are often in an extremely precarious situation since you blew a lot of CDs trying to secure the kill and even dropped a lot of HP due to counterpressure, often from ground based stuff (Plaguelands, Breach, Scourge F1 etc, Acid Bomb, Mallyx Elite) that you otherwise never would stand in.

> @"Wayne.6253" said:

> > @"Revolution.5409" said:

> > If it were up to me, I would remove any abilities that affect resurrecting or resurrecting instantly.

>

> totally agree...

This would not only make many players happy, but would also make balance easier by not having to take this into consideration.

> @"Revolution.5409" said:

> > @"Wayne.6253" said:

> > > @"Revolution.5409" said:

> > > If it were up to me, I would remove any abilities that affect resurrecting or resurrecting instantly.

> >

> > totally agree...

>

> This would not only make many players happy, but would also make balance easier by not having to take this into consideration.

>

yes really true, personally i m tired to see 3 seconds of ress whe im chilled or feared or stunned and i don't have the opportunity to do nothing.

>

>

its the lower damage values you cant kill a player doing the rezing before they can rez the player its less to do with the revive skills and more to do with how low anet scaled the damage back.

Before i could soul spiral on a player to prevent them from being brave enough sit there and hold F on a downed player.

I do that now and they dont really revive the player any faster but the damage output is not high enough to make them feel threatened enough to stop pressing F on the downed player.

Even if you slow down revival speeds this wont change what you will see is more players when they are able pressing f on the same target to get it done faster instead because overall the lower damage meta is not threatening enough to stop people from pressing f especially if they still have defensive cooldowns up.

I cant speak on rangers but i know necros being able to revive plaeyers is a staple feature of the class itself if any professions deserved to have those abilities it would be the necromancer.

The issue with necromancer right now is that 1 or 2 people dont shut it down fast enough to stop it from rezzing a player if its using the bunker build. ive watched bunker necros rez people while me and 2 other people were calling target on them and focusing them and they still almost got the rez and its not because it was quick its just because it took us forever to kill it despite it practically standing still even interrupting him several times with cc.

If you really want to balance the necromancers res potential than make it so they cant revive while in shroud but keep in mind if you do this next time you go down and a necro opts to not revive you its because they cant anymore asking for nerfs like this is a double edged sword cause you hate it when it happens against you but pay almost no attention to it when it happens to you or on your team.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> I am still up for increasing the downed penalty. Make it so if you get rallied / revived the downed icon starts red, and thus the player needs to survive some 20 seconds or the next time it's instant death.

>

> Competitive modes shouldn't allow a long string of rallies/downs before a player is defeated.

This idea is rather nice in general to be honest would be some what like realistic combat situations get back up once sure but get back up twice.... nah

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > I used to think that downed state and resurrections weren't an issue. That is...until 2v2.

> >

> > I'm just going to come right out and say it. Rangers and necros are the biggest culprits of this. The speed at which they rez combined with their downed skills is broken and simply shouldn't exist. This isnt' really a hit specifically against rangers and necros but against any class that can rez super quickly. It shouldn't happen, simple as that.

> >

> > I've had matches when we constantly down a player like FOUR times only for them to be resurrected in a blink of an eye. It's ridiculous. It promotes bad habits. Period.

>

> its the lower damage values you cant kill a player doing the rezing before they can rez the player its less to do with the revive skills and more to do with how low anet scaled the damage back.

> Before i could soul spiral on a player to prevent them from being brave enough sit there and hold F on a downed player.

> I do that now and they dont really revive the player any faster but the damage output is not high enough to make them feel threatened enough to stop pressing F on the downed player.

>

> Even if you slow down revival speeds this wont change what you will see is more players when they are able pressing f on the same target to get it done faster instead because overall the lower damage meta is not threatening enough to stop people from pressing f especially if they still have defensive cooldowns up.

>

> I cant speak on rangers but i know necros being able to revive plaeyers is a staple feature of the class itself if any professions deserved to have those abilities it would be the necromancer.

>

> The issue with necromancer right now is that 1 or 2 people dont shut it down fast enough to stop it from rezzing a player if its using the bunker build. ive watched bunker necros rez people while me and 2 other people were calling target on them and focusing them and they still almost got the rez and its not because it was quick its just because it took us forever to kill it despite it practically standing still even interrupting him several times with cc.

>

> If you really want to balance the necromancers res potential than make it so they cant revive while in shroud but keep in mind if you do this next time you go down and a necro opts to not revive you its because they cant anymore asking for nerfs like this is a double edged sword cause you hate it when it happens against you but pay almost no attention to it when it happens to you or on your team.

This. The lower damage + untouched revive healing is the main issue; makes revivers and downed bodies fairly unthreatened by cleave and only gets exponentially worse with more revivers