No matter what I try, the game has been ruined.

Razor.6392

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> Is tempest just really unviable as support? did a few matches of 2v2 and it went horribly.

>

> As soon as i go in everyone is chasing me, and i feel like i am not healing much at all.

Lack of stunbreaks +overload makes you a free target during it. Having protection and no toughness makes it an easy punish if you are melee range. I think staff is a better support option.

Try this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlJwmYjMKGJWqTbtVA-z5AXGZmAdXA2NA

It's a great mix of support and damage. Popping glyph of storms in air followed by air overload is great damage and 25 vulnerability stacks on anyone in it. Great for ending team fights not great as an opener.

You can pop heal in water for 2 cleanses or in earth for 6s of protection or air for 26s of swiftness.

Pop glyph of storms in earth if you are tanking a point.

Only use glyph of elemental power for stunbreak.

Chill spam is a great utility and should be used often in teamfights.

Glyph of elementals should almost always be water unless 1v1 vs power then earth is better.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> > FA ele is just atrocious design. In fact I want to say it's the worst-designed build in the game. From instacast air 2 and air attunings, hard to predict attacks, and fast moving projectiles it's little surprise why this got the nerf hammer. To add, FA ele is almost exclusively single target which can be abysmal in teamfights.

> >

> > Proposal, make air 2 and air attuning not result in an instacast lightning strike, but rather spawn an initial "red lightning" which then spawns a legitimate lightning strike. It is now an AoE skill. The air attune trait is similar but it's target-based and not ground-targeted (for obvious reasons). Double damage done by lightning strikes, and they daze as well.

> >

> > Slow down all projectiles except earth 3 but increase the damage significantly. (Earth/water auto, earth 2, arcane blast)

> >

> > Arcane Wave is no longer an instacast AoE. It now graphically pulses three times before exploding into a massive AoE. Damage is increased, effects stay the same.

> >

> >

>

> Proposal, stop posting and keep quiet.

>

> If the build was so amazing everyone would have used it. Kinda makes you think no? It's almost like predicting dodges is a thing

Uhh, what? Did I say it was amazing? I did not, you can pick up on my side of the argument from the context clues: "it's little surprise why this got the nerf hammer."

To clarify, the design of FA ele is made in such a way that if its stats are scaled and benefitted by coefficients to the extent of, say, ranger, then it would become a widely-used spec for sure. It would be so broken that ANet will be flooded with mail demanding balance be restored. And that's my issue with FA ele, its stats should be up-scaled but the attack should not be instacast and snappy or else the build will never go anywhere.

> @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> > > FA ele is just atrocious design. In fact I want to say it's the worst-designed build in the game. From instacast air 2 and air attunings, hard to predict attacks, and fast moving projectiles it's little surprise why this got the nerf hammer. To add, FA ele is almost exclusively single target which can be abysmal in teamfights.

> > >

> > > Proposal, make air 2 and air attuning not result in an instacast lightning strike, but rather spawn an initial "red lightning" which then spawns a legitimate lightning strike. It is now an AoE skill. The air attune trait is similar but it's target-based and not ground-targeted (for obvious reasons). Double damage done by lightning strikes, and they daze as well.

> > >

> > > Slow down all projectiles except earth 3 but increase the damage significantly. (Earth/water auto, earth 2, arcane blast)

> > >

> > > Arcane Wave is no longer an instacast AoE. It now graphically pulses three times before exploding into a massive AoE. Damage is increased, effects stay the same.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Proposal, stop posting and keep quiet.

> >

> > If the build was so amazing everyone would have used it. Kinda makes you think no? It's almost like predicting dodges is a thing

>

> Uhh, what? Did I say it was amazing? I did not, you can pick up on my side of the argument from the context clues: "it's little surprise why this got the nerf hammer."

>

> To clarify, the design of FA ele is made in such a way that if its stats are scaled and benefitted by coefficients to the extent of, say, ranger, then it would become a widely-used spec for sure. It would be so broken that ANet will be flooded with mail demanding balance be restored. And that's my issue with FA ele, its stats should be up-scaled but the attack should not be instacast and snappy or else the build will never go anywhere.

Then wtf is the point of a completely telegraphed build? No FA ele played the damn build to have zap their targets 2 seconds after the button press.

I bet you wet yourself after seeing what they did to Updraft, now that's amazing balance isn't it? Something you would do for sure if you were on the balance team eh? Nevermind the fact that it feels like shit and ruined the ability for everyone.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZgFhZiF912LA-zVRYVRTRRM06lRmJQvFgazR1MA-w this is the general "template" of the build that I'm using.

>

> - Weaver traits can vary from 1-3-3 to 1-2-1, based on preference, matchups, experience. 1-3-1 or 1-3-3 is usually what I use.

> - Utility skills options: flash, air signet (currently the best stun break), primordial stance, stone resonance (both work great when you trait stances), conjured shield (cc, defense, mobility).

> - Sigils: you can play around with sigil of battle, absorption and impact (or even doom vs heavy sustain bunkers).

> - Runes : leadership, durability or any offensive rune of choice (I like runes with power+precision because they allow me to have >90% crit chance with fury + weakness on enemy).

> - Gear stats: I found marauder to be the best choice since the build has quite decent base sustain through regens and barriers, but 200-300 healing power helps a lot too. I've noticed that a lot of my damage comes from burning as well so having a few celestial (or marshal) pieces can help. For pvp there's marauder, cele and avatar amulets.

>

>

> Electric discharge doesnt need damage, it applies 8 vuln instead of 1, which increases your damage elsewhere. I'm kinda glad that tempest defense got nerfed because we'd have very low fury otherwise (and extra shocking aura would be way too strong in this build). There's way too many ele traits in the same column that are competing for the same thing, whether it's same type of damage in air or healing in water.

>

> As for condi cleanses, you dont have many in this build, but you can keep enemy under pressure a lot with CC so it's hard for them to burst you down, especially if you take defensive weaver traits and stances.

I try it again, it lacks too much condicleanse for wvw and ability to handle 1v2~3. Immobilize (or frost etc) is extremely fatal.

Even fresh air is still better imo, faster burst and range/kite. It's okai for PvP, but not for 2v2, as if you disengage people don't follow or you can expect some support.

I take back d/d water/arcane but with more power/precision and mights.

I think the most telling part of this update is a few skills on weaver got stab build in BUT they are so pointless of an buff and the class over all disliked by ele players it means nothing. If they gave core ele or even tempest more self stab on skills there would of been real happiness from the over all ele community.

A lot of ppl seem to miss that ppl play ele and tempest because they like the atument game play as well as the auras and other "ele" effects (all be it few of them in the game) not that of raw dmg only and big number cits. This is why you realy see most consistence ele players not playing weaver that much because it simply dose not feel like an ele class at all. This update ruined what tempest had going for it even core ele got hit hard. The only chose that ele players have is playing a "non ele" ele eliet spec. You get more ele game play out of eng then you do out of weaver and i think most ele players are going to move that way.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> I think the most telling part of this update is a few skills on weaver got stab build in BUT they are so pointless of an buff and the class over all disliked by ele players it means nothing. If they gave core ele or even tempest more self stab on skills there would of been real happiness from the over all ele community.

>

> A lot of ppl seem to miss that ppl play ele and tempest because they like the atument game play as well as the auras and other "ele" effects (all be it few of them in the game) not that of raw dmg only and big number cits. This is why you realy see most consistence ele players not playing weaver that much because it simply dose not feel like an ele class at all. This update ruined what tempest had going for it even core ele got hit hard. The only chose that ele players have is playing a "non ele" ele eliet spec. You get more ele game play out of eng then you do out of weaver and i think most ele players are going to move that way.

>

I always wondered if I was a true ele main because I've barely touched weaver. Glad I'm not the only one that hates playing it. Core ele has a good sage cantrip build. Tempest lost its WET support viability but I'm finding alot of synergy with glyphs as a more utility support option instead of raw healing

You can play air tempest D/F with CC life steal and whip around that little tornado but you need team mates or if you are only 1v1 atmost 1v2 only. Or you wil die. Good pairling like a REV and Burn Guard can chew up most power eles. Damn 2v1. Let alone 3v1 or 4v1. It was always fun back in 2015-2016 ypu can play glass D.D and stil have a great time.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> I think the most telling part of this update is a few skills on weaver got stab build in BUT they are so pointless of an buff and the class over all disliked by ele players it means nothing. If they gave core ele or even tempest more self stab on skills there would of been real happiness from the over all ele community.

>

> A lot of ppl seem to miss that ppl play ele and tempest because they like the atument game play as well as the auras and other "ele" effects (all be it few of them in the game) not that of raw dmg only and big number cits. This is why you realy see most consistence ele players not playing weaver that much because it simply dose not feel like an ele class at all. This update ruined what tempest had going for it even core ele got hit hard. The only chose that ele players have is playing a "non ele" ele eliet spec. You get more ele game play out of eng then you do out of weaver and i think most ele players are going to move that way.

>

Odd. Ele has always been one of my favorite classes. Specifically, I enjoyed the attunement swap design. Weaver just takes a really cool idea and doubles down on it to produce something even better, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed playing previous versions of the class as well, but I always felt like Tempest was a step in the wrong direction, with its slow overload casts and long attunement cooldowns. Weaver feels right to me.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

>

>

Thank You ! Finally found one guy that can describe what i'm trying to say for years.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

>

>

Weaver is the ultimate expression of that difficulty in attunement dancing, now amplified tenfold.

Also:

> tempest because they like the atument game

Choose one. Tempest is trash, I probably have less than 20 hours playing as one.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > I think the most telling part of this update is a few skills on weaver got stab build in BUT they are so pointless of an buff and the class over all disliked by ele players it means nothing. If they gave core ele or even tempest more self stab on skills there would of been real happiness from the over all ele community.

> >

> > A lot of ppl seem to miss that ppl play ele and tempest because they like the atument game play as well as the auras and other "ele" effects (all be it few of them in the game) not that of raw dmg only and big number cits. This is why you realy see most consistence ele players not playing weaver that much because it simply dose not feel like an ele class at all. This update ruined what tempest had going for it even core ele got hit hard. The only chose that ele players have is playing a "non ele" ele eliet spec. You get more ele game play out of eng then you do out of weaver and i think most ele players are going to move that way.

> >

>

> Weaver is the ultimate expression of that difficulty in attunement dancing, now amplified tenfold.

>

> Also:

>

> > tempest because they like the atument game

>

> Choose one. Tempest is trash, I probably have less than 20 hours playing as one.

Its realty not there so much room for making the wrong swap and your in fact rewarded for making and odd ball swap as you get more skill to throw out there. The only time your not rewarded for swapping if you simply are the same 2 atuments over and over.

Tempest is the real risk reward for ele and core is neutral. Weaver is the easy mood or "i dont want to play ele on my ele."

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > I think the most telling part of this update is a few skills on weaver got stab build in BUT they are so pointless of an buff and the class over all disliked by ele players it means nothing. If they gave core ele or even tempest more self stab on skills there would of been real happiness from the over all ele community.

> > >

> > > A lot of ppl seem to miss that ppl play ele and tempest because they like the atument game play as well as the auras and other "ele" effects (all be it few of them in the game) not that of raw dmg only and big number cits. This is why you realy see most consistence ele players not playing weaver that much because it simply dose not feel like an ele class at all. This update ruined what tempest had going for it even core ele got hit hard. The only chose that ele players have is playing a "non ele" ele eliet spec. You get more ele game play out of eng then you do out of weaver and i think most ele players are going to move that way.

> > >

> >

> > Weaver is the ultimate expression of that difficulty in attunement dancing, now amplified tenfold.

> >

> > Also:

> >

> > > tempest because they like the atument game

> >

> > Choose one. Tempest is trash, I probably have less than 20 hours playing as one.

>

> Its realty not there so much room for making the wrong swap and your in fact rewarded for making and odd ball swap as you get more skill to throw out there. The only time your not rewarded for swapping if you simply are the same 2 atuments over and over.

>

> Tempest is the real risk reward for ele and core is neutral. Weaver is the easy mood or "i dont want to play ele on my ele."

>

>

You aren't performing a magic trick when you spend 9 seconds deciding whether to swap, stay, or overload, bro. I get it. Figuring out the right attunement to swap to when you only have 4s (or less!) to decide is tricky. It feels like the game is forcing you to swap into something, but how do you know you're making the right choice when half of the implication of your decision doesn't play out for another 4s? You prefer to take your time.

It sounds like tempest is definitely more your speed, champ.

I got a question guys. Say if i summon FGS, do the abilities count for the bonus for fire for getting fury in pve? technically it says fire should give fury on burning and FGS should have some, so i should be able to stay in lightning overload for lightning bonus hit with fGS get str bonus or vice versa.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> I got a question guys. Say if i summon FGS, do the abilities count for the bonus for fire for getting fury in pve? technically it says fire should give fury on burning and FGS should have some, so i should be able to stay in lightning overload for lightning bonus hit with fGS get str bonus or vice versa.

There's no trait that links fire skills or burning with fury, so Im not sure what you're trying to say. Conjured weapon element has nothing to do with your attunement traits if that's your question.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> I got a question guys. Say if i summon FGS, do the abilities count for the bonus for fire for getting fury in pve? technically it says fire should give fury on burning and FGS should have some, so i should be able to stay in lightning overload for lightning bonus hit with fGS get str bonus or vice versa.

I'm not sure to understand.

It works if you blast a fire combo field, FGS has a fire field but no blast.

Otherwise, if that's not the question. Conjured weapons skills are affected by boons and traits.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

I also can only guess I think you mean the extra stats from FSG , hammer and so on while holding them and the answer is for that is yes for traits I don't remember one who reacts to giving fire condi.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > I got a question guys. Say if i summon FGS, do the abilities count for the bonus for fire for getting fury in pve? technically it says fire should give fury on burning and FGS should have some, so i should be able to stay in lightning overload for lightning bonus hit with fGS get str bonus or vice versa.

>

> There's no trait that links fire skills or burning with fury, so Im not sure what you're trying to say. Conjured weapon element has nothing to do with your attunement traits if that's your question.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire

Found it its called persisting flames,l and i believe it does work outside fire and can be used on weapons, guess the wiki answered.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > I got a question guys. Say if i summon FGS, do the abilities count for the bonus for fire for getting fury in pve? technically it says fire should give fury on burning and FGS should have some, so i should be able to stay in lightning overload for lightning bonus hit with fGS get str bonus or vice versa.

> >

> > There's no trait that links fire skills or burning with fury, so Im not sure what you're trying to say. Conjured weapon element has nothing to do with your attunement traits if that's your question.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire

>

> Found it its called persisting flames,l and i believe it does work outside fire and can be used on weapons, guess the wiki answered.

I don't see anything that would suggest that it wouldn't work outside of fire.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > I think the most telling part of this update is a few skills on weaver got stab build in BUT they are so pointless of an buff and the class over all disliked by ele players it means nothing. If they gave core ele or even tempest more self stab on skills there would of been real happiness from the over all ele community.

> > > >

> > > > A lot of ppl seem to miss that ppl play ele and tempest because they like the atument game play as well as the auras and other "ele" effects (all be it few of them in the game) not that of raw dmg only and big number cits. This is why you realy see most consistence ele players not playing weaver that much because it simply dose not feel like an ele class at all. This update ruined what tempest had going for it even core ele got hit hard. The only chose that ele players have is playing a "non ele" ele eliet spec. You get more ele game play out of eng then you do out of weaver and i think most ele players are going to move that way.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Weaver is the ultimate expression of that difficulty in attunement dancing, now amplified tenfold.

> > >

> > > Also:

> > >

> > > > tempest because they like the atument game

> > >

> > > Choose one. Tempest is trash, I probably have less than 20 hours playing as one.

> >

> > Its realty not there so much room for making the wrong swap and your in fact rewarded for making and odd ball swap as you get more skill to throw out there. The only time your not rewarded for swapping if you simply are the same 2 atuments over and over.

> >

> > Tempest is the real risk reward for ele and core is neutral. Weaver is the easy mood or "i dont want to play ele on my ele."

> >

> >

>

> You aren't performing a magic trick when you spend 9 seconds deciding whether to swap, stay, or overload, bro. I get it. Figuring out the right attunement to swap to when you only have 4s (or less!) to decide is tricky. It feels like the game is forcing you to swap into something, but how do you know you're making the right choice when half of the implication of your decision doesn't play out for another 4s? You prefer to take your time.

>

> It sounds like tempest is definitely more your speed, champ.

The risk is timing your self out of an atument that always been eles risk not the atument your swapping into (well out side of being lowest hp / def but that not an "ele" risk or class risk). Core atuments goes on a long cd when you swap out of that atument as well. If any thing putting the cd on your atument after you swapped out of it makes weaver the least "class" risk effect in the game.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > I think the most telling part of this update is a few skills on weaver got stab build in BUT they are so pointless of an buff and the class over all disliked by ele players it means nothing. If they gave core ele or even tempest more self stab on skills there would of been real happiness from the over all ele community.

> > > > >

> > > > > A lot of ppl seem to miss that ppl play ele and tempest because they like the atument game play as well as the auras and other "ele" effects (all be it few of them in the game) not that of raw dmg only and big number cits. This is why you realy see most consistence ele players not playing weaver that much because it simply dose not feel like an ele class at all. This update ruined what tempest had going for it even core ele got hit hard. The only chose that ele players have is playing a "non ele" ele eliet spec. You get more ele game play out of eng then you do out of weaver and i think most ele players are going to move that way.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Weaver is the ultimate expression of that difficulty in attunement dancing, now amplified tenfold.

> > > >

> > > > Also:

> > > >

> > > > > tempest because they like the atument game

> > > >

> > > > Choose one. Tempest is trash, I probably have less than 20 hours playing as one.

> > >

> > > Its realty not there so much room for making the wrong swap and your in fact rewarded for making and odd ball swap as you get more skill to throw out there. The only time your not rewarded for swapping if you simply are the same 2 atuments over and over.

> > >

> > > Tempest is the real risk reward for ele and core is neutral. Weaver is the easy mood or "i dont want to play ele on my ele."

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You aren't performing a magic trick when you spend 9 seconds deciding whether to swap, stay, or overload, bro. I get it. Figuring out the right attunement to swap to when you only have 4s (or less!) to decide is tricky. It feels like the game is forcing you to swap into something, but how do you know you're making the right choice when half of the implication of your decision doesn't play out for another 4s? You prefer to take your time.

> >

> > It sounds like tempest is definitely more your speed, champ.

>

> The risk is timing your self out of an atument that always been eles risk not the atument your swapping into (well out side of being lowest hp / def but that not an "ele" risk or class risk). Core atuments goes on a long cd when you swap out of that atument as well. If any thing putting the cd on your atument after you swapped out of it makes weaver the least "class" risk effect in the game.

Sure. If you say so.