Great job on the recent update. Please look at Ranger next

mes.4607

> @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > 7.1k mauls are pretty insane to me... Smoke Assault needs an animation as well

>

> This is the problem with 2v2s. You lose to me 4 times last night in 2s. A lot of the matches were super close. I think I was playing extremely well and barely pulled off some of the wins... and then you log on here and complain about ranger. If I was barely winning... then I imagine you must be thrashing pretty much every other ranger out there...

>

> And you absolutely kitten me up some games. You speared me, I couldn't stealth, and I had to inefficiently waste cds and got farmed... yet I'm not on here complaining about how guardian can pull people through evades, how spear is unblockable, or that it has a low cast time. Cause honestly if I dont dodge or LoS your spears I lose...

>

> So this kinda makes me think ranger might not be that much of a problem and you're just salty you lost?

>

> I think those were close games and they felt pretty balanced to me. I had to work really hard for those wins.

Yeah but u should realize unless u lose to them 100% of the time ur class is OP.

Other than the few pets doing to much damage along with cc I cant believe people are qq'ing about rangers now, though shouldn't be surprised. It's like the community just goes down a list regardless of whether it's a outlier or not.

Wonder who's next?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> what this game needs is armor penetration. imo would make balancing a _looot_ easier. we could do away with all the might and dmg mods so no more one shots but no unkillable bunkers either.

The fact that Blizzard ended up removing Armor penetration from Competitive modes in WoW cuz of how difficult it was to balance around it, suggests otherwise.

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > what this game needs is armor penetration. imo would make balancing a _looot_ easier. we could do away with all the might and dmg mods so no more one shots but no unkillable bunkers either.

>

> The fact that Blizzard ended up removing Armor penetration from Competitive modes in WoW cuz of how difficult it was to balance around it, suggests otherwise.

different game, different issues. if only a few skills got it per class it would be fine.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> different game, different issues. if only a few skills got it per class it would be fine.

Armor rating in this game isn't really a thing like WoW (to the point there might as well not even be numbers on it) and we already have toughness ignoring damage in the form of conditions, so what would be the need for it in this game?

Coupled with tankiness comes from outside factors such as barriers, blocks and boons.

> @"Starbreaker.6507" said:

> Coupled with tankiness comes from outside factors such as barriers, blocks and boons.

>

>

uh yeah, it sort of is especially with the damage reductions. tell me there isn't a difference between running berserker amulet to knights. also theres passive reductions to consider, prot/ shroud/ elite dwarf.

> @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> Maul needs to go to 10 seconds, same as mighty blow. Mighty blow is weaker than maul so it would make more sense to see maul at 10 seconds.

Mighty blow weaker? It's faster and a daze, just cuz its dps is lower doesnt make it a weaker skill in the slightest.

It's fine how it is.

Its pets...

Its dps modifiers....

Now its gs cd's lol

Anything else?

> Also, this isn't conquest. Of course ranger can kite well. If this was conquest I'm pretty sure you'd be dominating node against every ranger right now.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with you. Post patch the only way you get killed by ranger is if you let them freecast. Which is true for every high damage build.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > Maul needs to go to 10 seconds, same as mighty blow. Mighty blow is weaker than maul so it would make more sense to see maul at 10 seconds.

>

> Mighty blow weaker? It's faster and a daze, just cuz its dps is lower doesnt make it a weaker skill in the slightest.

> It's fine how it is.

> Its pets...

> Its dps modifiers....

> Now its gs cd's lol

> Anything else?

Mighty blow isn't a daze. And it's not faster either. Good show though.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > > Maul needs to go to 10 seconds, same as mighty blow. Mighty blow is weaker than maul so it would make more sense to see maul at 10 seconds.

> >

> > Mighty blow weaker? It's faster and a daze, just cuz its dps is lower doesnt make it a weaker skill in the slightest.

> > It's fine how it is.

> > Its pets...

> > Its dps modifiers....

> > Now its gs cd's lol

> > Anything else?

>

> Mighty blow isn't a daze. And it's not faster either. Good show though.

You’re right, but I refuse to upvote based on your previous transgressions.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > Maul needs to go to 10 seconds, same as mighty blow. Mighty blow is weaker than maul so it would make more sense to see maul at 10 seconds.

> >

> > Mighty blow weaker? It's faster and a daze, just cuz its dps is lower doesnt make it a weaker skill in the slightest.

> > It's fine how it is.

> > Its pets...

> > Now its gs cd's lol

> > Anything else?

>

> Mighty blow isn't a daze. And it's not faster either. Good show though.

My apologies I figured u were comparing maul to hilt bash but just thought u mixed the name up. Why are u comparing skills on one class to another class on a skill to skill basses? That literally means nothing balance wise as u have to consider the class as a whole and where and how the skill falls in that class. U cant just compare skills to other class skill, wish people would stop doing this.

> > Maul needs to go to 10 seconds, same as mighty blow. Mighty blow is weaker than maul so it would make more sense to see maul at 10 seconds.

>

> Mighty blow weaker? It's faster and a daze, just cuz its dps is lower doesnt make it a weaker skill in the slightest.

> It's fine how it is.

> Its pets...

> Its dps modifiers....

> Now its gs cd's lol

> Anything else?

You literally took mighty blow and said 'well guess he meant hilt bash'.

> @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> >

> > It's fine how it is.

> > Its pets...

> > Now its gs cd's lol

> > Anything else?

>

> Wow that was an impressive display of a lack of knowledge of the game.

Wow read and comprehend two post above lmao I explained why I said what I said, a lot of people mix up weapon skill names and I figured that was more probable than actually comparing a ranger skill to a guard skill which is stupid so....

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > > > Maul needs to go to 10 seconds, same as mighty blow. Mighty blow is weaker than maul so it would make more sense to see maul at 10 seconds.

> > >

> > > Mighty blow weaker? It's faster and a daze, just cuz its dps is lower doesnt make it a weaker skill in the slightest.

> > > It's fine how it is.

> > > Its pets...

> > > Its dps modifiers....

> > > Now its gs cd's lol

> > > Anything else?

> >

> > Wow that was an impressive display of a lack of knowledge of the game.

>

> Wow read and comprehend two post above lmao I explained why I said what I said

And my comment stands. It showed that you need to have an actual knowledge of the game to make balance changes.

> @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > > > > Maul needs to go to 10 seconds, same as mighty blow. Mighty blow is weaker than maul so it would make more sense to see maul at 10 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > Mighty blow weaker? It's faster and a daze, just cuz its dps is lower doesnt make it a weaker skill in the slightest.

> > > > It's fine how it is.

> > > > Its pets...

> > > > Its dps modifiers....

> > > > Now its gs cd's lol

> > > > Anything else?

> > >

> > > Wow that was an impressive display of a lack of knowledge of the game.

> >

> > Wow read and comprehend two post above lmao I explained why I said what I said

>

> And my comment stands. It showed that you need to have an actual knowledge of the game to make balance changes.

Naw doesnt at all lol been playing this game and these forums yrs now

The fact ur comparing those skills in the 1st place speaks volumes of ur knowledge:)

Sry I gave u the benefit of the doubt lol u just keep on keeping on comparing skills of one class to another :)

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > if maul actually got its cd increased like every other # 2 skill I wouldn't mind. then theres still hilt bash which recharges it... whatever tho.

> >

> > I think this is a valid argument, hilt bash resetting a 8-12s cool down skill seems OK when it hits 7-10k.

>

> Maul did get a cd increase. So did swoop. So did counterattack. And every skill on GS got coefficient nerfs.

>

> Problem is no one is playing a class with port or ranged damage. So ranger gets to pew pew to its heart content or casually swagger on in and can afford to take a dps modifier utility to hit these big numbers with GS.

>

> Be good at dragon hunter, profit. Be good at thief, profit. Take offhand sword/shiro again, profit. Play dps guard well, profit. Be good at power mesmer, profit. Be good at DE, profit. Be good at reaper even, kinda profit. Go tankier and out sustain while still doing pressure, profit. Take pulls, profit. Play condi, profit. Take rings of warding, etc. For when stab ends, profit. Be good at spellbreaker, profit.

>

> The damage might be a little too high... but given that a FULLY glass build can only do like 5k mauls on tanky people is also insane... we are very close to a bunker bruiser meta... and imo that's not healthy. A berserker full glass build should always be able to kill something.

>

> Really though, I think no one is even trying to counter ranger right now, besides crying on the forums. And that's the difference. You really couldn't build to counter necro, rev, or fb. And for the most part skill wasn't even a factor. You can 100% counter build ranger and can also beat it with skill...

>

> Full dps soulbeast only has bear stance for condi clear. Get the heal out, condi burst.

>

> Use unblockable on GS4 block.

>

> If they're running WS they aren't getting those same big mauls. They do have more condi clear options. They probably dont run stab on dolyak cause its 60s cd and instead take QZ and LR. You know what sucks about LR? Getting stuck in a fear ring, guardian ring, thief ring. Hit the wall, LR, hit the other wall. "Ah but hammer guard isn't viable" hammer is 100% the best weapon vs ranger - always has been. L2p. So wait for the stab on the elite to end (which just for nerfed to 6s) and then go play some wackamole with your necro buddy to break the gs block with a fear. And you know what's great, it works real well vs core ranger.

Yes it went from way too much to a little too much. It's 6s (5s traited) with a 1.5 coefficient and can hit 7-10k, what I say is leave the damage, bring the cool down up to 8-12s, which is in line with how core abilities were in cool down and all other #2 GS abilities, keep the cool down reset feature of hilt bash.

As I said, what Stand the wall said is a very valid argument.

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatsword

Note: You may need to click the abilities to show the PvP value.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> 7.1k mauls are pretty insane to me... Smoke Assault needs an animation as well

If mauls did less, it would be impossible to kill a reaper in reaper shroud, and you would also be unable to kill other tanky builds.

Take LB3 i'm already doing around 6k tops with LB3, and its channeled attack. To me 6-8k seems reasonable for LB3 since you can dodge it. You can also dodge the bow on guardians attacks reasonably as well.

7-8k is around the threshold of damage

Take for instance fighting guardian. I fought a guardian with shield and he kept stalling, it was impossible to down the tanky guardian because he kept blocking and stacking. I also fought a reaper when I took his shroud down he got another one a few seconds later and it was the same situation all over, so you need some reasonable amount of damage to kill stuff, because if not the tanky meta will just stall forever.

7-8k is fine for maul. You should already have the muscle memory to dodge it, and it wont oneshot you from stealth, so you can respond.

Rangers alright right now. Just need to fix some of the pet damage spikes.

If you're getting **10k** mauled, that ranger is absolute glass and the same strategy of dealing with fullzerk rangers before applies.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> 7-8k is fine for maul. You should already have the muscle memory to dodge it, and it wont oneshot you from stealth, so you can respond.

> Rangers alright right now. Just need to fix some of the pet damage spikes.

Yeah and I think they will especially gaz, I really think they just missed them like they missed some things on other classes but they did do a decent job trying to catch most things given the scope of the patch, plus good on them for the quick timing on latest patch.

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > 7.1k mauls are pretty insane to me... Smoke Assault needs an animation as well

>

> This is the problem with 2v2s. You lose to me 4 times last night in 2s. A lot of the matches were super close. I think I was playing extremely well and barely pulled off some of the wins... and then you log on here and complain about ranger. If I was barely winning... then I imagine you must be thrashing pretty much every other ranger out there...

>

> And you absolutely kitten me up some games. You speared me, I couldn't stealth, and I had to inefficiently waste cds and got farmed... yet I'm not on here complaining about how guardian can pull people through evades, how spear is unblockable, or that it has a low cast time. Cause honestly if I dont dodge or LoS your spears I lose...

>

> So this kinda makes me think ranger might not be that much of a problem and you're just salty you lost?

>

> I think those were close games and they felt pretty balanced to me. I had to work really hard for those wins.

I haven't fought many rangers in 2v2, but so far (I believe) I've lost most matches to them (for different reasons). I wasn't salty, I even said gg after the first match we lost. I sincerely think maul needs a damage nerf and smoke assault needs a (better) animation. I've also gotten smashed by Miaz (ranger) & Vallun. Ranger is definitely proving to be a very difficult match up. From my perspective it definitely feels 'impossible' sometimes to lock a good Ranger down. Zol and I discussed what we found difficult about the match up, and smoke assault into worldly impact / maul was what really wrecked us. There was one point you killed me from ~8k HP after smoke assault was used.. The maul literally hit 7.1k. If it hit somewhere between 4-5k I'd at least have time to follow up with something. I know 'L2P' and 'dodge', but sometimes that just doesn't work. Just sharing my perspective on the forum. I have no hard feelings

Edit: Just remembered I beat a ranger using axe last night (totally different build)