Pip Chests - Can this ever get another pass?

Roquen.5406

Would it be possible to make the WvW Pip Chests NOT reset weekly. Just make it so that you can only go through them all once per week but then let people decide how fast or slow they want to complete them.

In its current state it punishes people that can't commit 20-24 hours a week to WvW, which for me personally is an automatic deterrent from the mode. It just feels like wasted progress. I never understood why it was implemented this way.

On average it takes 20-24 hours to complete everything through diamond. Now someone that does that for every week for 8 weeks is able to max out the tickets each week. Take another person that puts less hours in per week and each week they lose progress because they can't finish the chests. So they are constantly starting over and overall they make less progress in the long run.

I don't mind if it takes me 160-192 hours to get enough tickets for stuff. But as it stands if I put those 160-192 hours over 24 weeks instead of 8 I make much less progress overall.

I know the veterans won't care because you've been playing so long but I only enjoy WvW in short bursts and this has always kind of irked me. Small changes like the above are things that can potentially bring players back into the mode and some of those may become long term adopters.

Maybe the skirmish reward chests should be reset on relink instead of weekly, while also being made more rewarding and having the Diamond Chest Repeatable rewards be improved, especially the repeatable chest should give the same rewards as the normal one. WvW already gives very little reward for the time played, I don't think it would be too much to have that be a thing.

> @"Roquen.5406" said:

> Would it be possible to make the WvW Pip Chests NOT reset weekly. Just make it so that you can only go through them all once per week but then let people decide how fast or slow they want to complete them.

>

> In its current state it punishes people that can't commit 20-24 hours a week to WvW, which for me personally is an automatic deterrent from the mode. It just feels like wasted progress. I never understood why it was implemented this way.

>

> On average it takes 20-24 hours to complete everything through diamond. Now someone that does that for every week for 8 weeks is able to max out the tickets each week. Take another person that puts less hours in per week and each week they lose progress because they can't finish the chests. So they are constantly starting over and overall they make less progress in the long run.

>

> I don't mind if it takes me 160-184 hours to get enough tickets for stuff. But as it stands if I put those 160-184 hours over 24 weeks instead of 8 I make much less progress overall.

>

> I know the veterans won't care because you've been playing so long but I only enjoy WvW in short bursts and this has always kind of irked me. Small changes like the above are things that can potentially bring players back into the mode and some of those may become long term adopters.

Except, you are wrong. The actual amount of tickets per pip remain nearly the same (yes, there is some slight variety between wood and Diamond. That does get compensated by the fact that Diamond requires a LOT of time commitment and any pips which do not complete a tier are essentially wasted. Given 1 minor Diamond tier is more than half the ENTIRE wood tier, that can be a lot of wasted pips):

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

You are just looking at the tickets rewarded, but totally ignoring the pips required, which keep increasing. For example, clearing the entire silver tier takes 175 pips and rewards a total of 40 skirmish claim tickets (0.229 tickets per pip). Clearing the entire Mithril tier takes 300 pips total and rewards 83 skirmish claim tickets (0.276 tickets per pip). Silver rewards tickets faster (by having shorter tiers), but slightly less per pip. Mithril rewards tickets slower (longer tiers), but over all slightly more per pip.

Ideally, some slight adaptation could be made to increase tickets/pip in lower tiers for wood and bronze. Given those chests are cleared almost immediately (and there is high incentive to clear wood always) it might not be worth the hassle.

**TL;DR**:

There is some slight variety in tickets per pip between the lower brackets and the top brackets, but this difference is almost negligible for semi active players (mostly any one who clears beyond Silver weekly). The proposed change would have nearly no effect on ticket gain since there is no suggested change to ticket per pip gain (which is a factor of 5 minute reward cycles and thus constant). Please keep in mind that pips required increases next to tickets gained.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Roquen.5406" said:

> > Would it be possible to make the WvW Pip Chests NOT reset weekly. Just make it so that you can only go through them all once per week but then let people decide how fast or slow they want to complete them.

> >

> > In its current state it punishes people that can't commit 20-24 hours a week to WvW, which for me personally is an automatic deterrent from the mode. It just feels like wasted progress. I never understood why it was implemented this way.

> >

> > On average it takes 20-24 hours to complete everything through diamond. Now someone that does that for every week for 8 weeks is able to max out the tickets each week. Take another person that puts less hours in per week and each week they lose progress because they can't finish the chests. So they are constantly starting over and overall they make less progress in the long run.

> >

> > I don't mind if it takes me 160-184 hours to get enough tickets for stuff. But as it stands if I put those 160-184 hours over 24 weeks instead of 8 I make much less progress overall.

> >

> > I know the veterans won't care because you've been playing so long but I only enjoy WvW in short bursts and this has always kind of irked me. Small changes like the above are things that can potentially bring players back into the mode and some of those may become long term adopters.

>

> Except, you are wrong. The actual amount of tickets per pip remain nearly the same (yes, there is some slight variety between wood and Diamond. That does get compensated by the fact that Diamond requires a LOT of time commitment and any pips which do not complete a tier are essentially wasted. Given 1 minor Diamond tier is more than half the ENTIRE wood tier, that can be a lot of wasted pips):

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

>

> You are just looking at the tickets rewarded, but totally ignoring the pips required, which keep increasing. For example, clearing the entire silver tier takes 175 pips and rewards a total of 40 skirmish claim tickets (0.229 tickets per pip). Clearing the entire Mithril tier takes 300 pips total and rewards 83 skirmish claim tickets (0.276 tickets per pip). Silver rewards tickets faster (by having shorter tiers), but slightly less per pip. Mithril rewards tickets slower (longer tiers), but over all slightly more per pip.

>

> Ideally, some slight adaptation could be made to increase tickets/pip in lower tiers for wood and bronze. Given those chests are cleared almost immediately (and there is high incentive to clear wood always) it might not be worth the hassle.

What do you mean he's wrong? He's not wrong, the earlier tiers reward less tickets per pip and saying that it rewards "faster" (but "less per pip") doesn't change what he said, he's not wrong.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Roquen.5406" said:

> > > Would it be possible to make the WvW Pip Chests NOT reset weekly. Just make it so that you can only go through them all once per week but then let people decide how fast or slow they want to complete them.

> > >

> > > In its current state it punishes people that can't commit 20-24 hours a week to WvW, which for me personally is an automatic deterrent from the mode. It just feels like wasted progress. I never understood why it was implemented this way.

> > >

> > > On average it takes 20-24 hours to complete everything through diamond. Now someone that does that for every week for 8 weeks is able to max out the tickets each week. Take another person that puts less hours in per week and each week they lose progress because they can't finish the chests. So they are constantly starting over and overall they make less progress in the long run.

> > >

> > > I don't mind if it takes me 160-184 hours to get enough tickets for stuff. But as it stands if I put those 160-184 hours over 24 weeks instead of 8 I make much less progress overall.

> > >

> > > I know the veterans won't care because you've been playing so long but I only enjoy WvW in short bursts and this has always kind of irked me. Small changes like the above are things that can potentially bring players back into the mode and some of those may become long term adopters.

> >

> > Except, you are wrong. The actual amount of tickets per pip remain nearly the same (yes, there is some slight variety between wood and Diamond. That does get compensated by the fact that Diamond requires a LOT of time commitment and any pips which do not complete a tier are essentially wasted. Given 1 minor Diamond tier is more than half the ENTIRE wood tier, that can be a lot of wasted pips):

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

> >

> > You are just looking at the tickets rewarded, but totally ignoring the pips required, which keep increasing. For example, clearing the entire silver tier takes 175 pips and rewards a total of 40 skirmish claim tickets (0.229 tickets per pip). Clearing the entire Mithril tier takes 300 pips total and rewards 83 skirmish claim tickets (0.276 tickets per pip). Silver rewards tickets faster (by having shorter tiers), but slightly less per pip. Mithril rewards tickets slower (longer tiers), but over all slightly more per pip.

> >

> > Ideally, some slight adaptation could be made to increase tickets/pip in lower tiers for wood and bronze. Given those chests are cleared almost immediately (and there is high incentive to clear wood always) it might not be worth the hassle.

> >

> > **TL;DR**:

> > There is some slight variety in tickets per pip between the lower brackets and the top brackets, but this difference is almost negligible for semi active players (mostly any one who clears beyond Silver weekly). The proposed change would have nearly no effect on ticket gain since there is no suggested change to ticket per pip gain (which is a factor of 5 minute reward cycles and thus constant). Please keep in mind that pips required increases next to tickets gained.

>

> What do you mean he's wrong? He's not wrong, the earlier tiers reward less tickets per pip, saying that it rewards "faster" (but "less per") doesn't change what he said, he's not wrong.

The overall reward difference is negligible. It comes down to around:

Wood: 100/10 x (2.73 - 1.7) = 10 tickets for wood compared to diamond

Bronze: 120/10 x (2.73 - 2.08) = 7.8 tickets for bronze compared to diamond

Silver: 175/10 x (2.73 - 2.29) = 7.7 tickets for silver compared to diamond

All the while the later reward tracks can easily lead to 20-30 pips in "waste" which do not reward at all since a minor tier is not cleared. That's less than 10% of the total available tickets per week, on 3 tiers which are cleared within around 6 hours of game play per week with ONLY a 5 pip tick every 5 minutes (which is basically completely new player tick level).

So again, no it's not a big issue and the proposed change would barely make a dent. The far bigger issue would be, if a player with such strong time commitment issues were put on a 55 pip long diamond reward tier (which would take 55 minutes to clear with a 5 pip tick) only to not make the minor reward track, leaving empty handed. Think about it for a second there.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Roquen.5406" said:

> > > > Would it be possible to make the WvW Pip Chests NOT reset weekly. Just make it so that you can only go through them all once per week but then let people decide how fast or slow they want to complete them.

> > > >

> > > > In its current state it punishes people that can't commit 20-24 hours a week to WvW, which for me personally is an automatic deterrent from the mode. It just feels like wasted progress. I never understood why it was implemented this way.

> > > >

> > > > On average it takes 20-24 hours to complete everything through diamond. Now someone that does that for every week for 8 weeks is able to max out the tickets each week. Take another person that puts less hours in per week and each week they lose progress because they can't finish the chests. So they are constantly starting over and overall they make less progress in the long run.

> > > >

> > > > I don't mind if it takes me 160-184 hours to get enough tickets for stuff. But as it stands if I put those 160-184 hours over 24 weeks instead of 8 I make much less progress overall.

> > > >

> > > > I know the veterans won't care because you've been playing so long but I only enjoy WvW in short bursts and this has always kind of irked me. Small changes like the above are things that can potentially bring players back into the mode and some of those may become long term adopters.

> > >

> > > Except, you are wrong. The actual amount of tickets per pip remain nearly the same (yes, there is some slight variety between wood and Diamond. That does get compensated by the fact that Diamond requires a LOT of time commitment and any pips which do not complete a tier are essentially wasted. Given 1 minor Diamond tier is more than half the ENTIRE wood tier, that can be a lot of wasted pips):

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

> > >

> > > You are just looking at the tickets rewarded, but totally ignoring the pips required, which keep increasing. For example, clearing the entire silver tier takes 175 pips and rewards a total of 40 skirmish claim tickets (0.229 tickets per pip). Clearing the entire Mithril tier takes 300 pips total and rewards 83 skirmish claim tickets (0.276 tickets per pip). Silver rewards tickets faster (by having shorter tiers), but slightly less per pip. Mithril rewards tickets slower (longer tiers), but over all slightly more per pip.

> > >

> > > Ideally, some slight adaptation could be made to increase tickets/pip in lower tiers for wood and bronze. Given those chests are cleared almost immediately (and there is high incentive to clear wood always) it might not be worth the hassle.

> > >

> > > **TL;DR**:

> > > There is some slight variety in tickets per pip between the lower brackets and the top brackets, but this difference is almost negligible for semi active players (mostly any one who clears beyond Silver weekly). The proposed change would have nearly no effect on ticket gain since there is no suggested change to ticket per pip gain (which is a factor of 5 minute reward cycles and thus constant). Please keep in mind that pips required increases next to tickets gained.

> >

> > What do you mean he's wrong? He's not wrong, the earlier tiers reward less tickets per pip, saying that it rewards "faster" (but "less per") doesn't change what he said, he's not wrong.

>

> The overall reward difference is negligible. It comes down to around:

> Wood: 100/10 x (2.73 - 1.7) = 10 tickets for wood compared to diamond

> Bronze: 120/10 x (2.73 - 2.08) = 7.8 tickets for bronze compared to diamond

> Silver: 175/10 x (2.73 - 2.29) = 7.7 tickets for silver compared to diamond

>

> All the while the later reward tracks can easily lead to 20-30 pips in "waste" which do not reward at all since a minor tier is not cleared. That's less than 10% of the total available tickets per week, on 3 tiers which are cleared within around 6 hours of game play per week with ONLY a 5 pip tick every 5 minutes (which is basically completely new player tick level).

>

> So again, no it's not a big issue and the proposed change would barely make a dent. The far bigger issue would be, if a player with such strong time commitment issues were put on a 55 pip long diamond reward tier (which would take 55 minutes to clear with a 5 pip tick) only to not make the minor reward track, leaving empty handed. Think about it for a second there.

The reset still means a -not so insignificant, despite of what you try to claim- ticket loss, which is what he was saying. Not that it makes any difference to me, but he's not wrong in what he said.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Roquen.5406" said:

> > > > > Would it be possible to make the WvW Pip Chests NOT reset weekly. Just make it so that you can only go through them all once per week but then let people decide how fast or slow they want to complete them.

> > > > >

> > > > > In its current state it punishes people that can't commit 20-24 hours a week to WvW, which for me personally is an automatic deterrent from the mode. It just feels like wasted progress. I never understood why it was implemented this way.

> > > > >

> > > > > On average it takes 20-24 hours to complete everything through diamond. Now someone that does that for every week for 8 weeks is able to max out the tickets each week. Take another person that puts less hours in per week and each week they lose progress because they can't finish the chests. So they are constantly starting over and overall they make less progress in the long run.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't mind if it takes me 160-184 hours to get enough tickets for stuff. But as it stands if I put those 160-184 hours over 24 weeks instead of 8 I make much less progress overall.

> > > > >

> > > > > I know the veterans won't care because you've been playing so long but I only enjoy WvW in short bursts and this has always kind of irked me. Small changes like the above are things that can potentially bring players back into the mode and some of those may become long term adopters.

> > > >

> > > > Except, you are wrong. The actual amount of tickets per pip remain nearly the same (yes, there is some slight variety between wood and Diamond. That does get compensated by the fact that Diamond requires a LOT of time commitment and any pips which do not complete a tier are essentially wasted. Given 1 minor Diamond tier is more than half the ENTIRE wood tier, that can be a lot of wasted pips):

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

> > > >

> > > > You are just looking at the tickets rewarded, but totally ignoring the pips required, which keep increasing. For example, clearing the entire silver tier takes 175 pips and rewards a total of 40 skirmish claim tickets (0.229 tickets per pip). Clearing the entire Mithril tier takes 300 pips total and rewards 83 skirmish claim tickets (0.276 tickets per pip). Silver rewards tickets faster (by having shorter tiers), but slightly less per pip. Mithril rewards tickets slower (longer tiers), but over all slightly more per pip.

> > > >

> > > > Ideally, some slight adaptation could be made to increase tickets/pip in lower tiers for wood and bronze. Given those chests are cleared almost immediately (and there is high incentive to clear wood always) it might not be worth the hassle.

> > > >

> > > > **TL;DR**:

> > > > There is some slight variety in tickets per pip between the lower brackets and the top brackets, but this difference is almost negligible for semi active players (mostly any one who clears beyond Silver weekly). The proposed change would have nearly no effect on ticket gain since there is no suggested change to ticket per pip gain (which is a factor of 5 minute reward cycles and thus constant). Please keep in mind that pips required increases next to tickets gained.

> > >

> > > What do you mean he's wrong? He's not wrong, the earlier tiers reward less tickets per pip, saying that it rewards "faster" (but "less per") doesn't change what he said, he's not wrong.

> >

> > The overall reward difference is negligible. It comes down to around:

> > Wood: 100/10 x (2.73 - 1.7) = 10 tickets for wood compared to diamond

> > Bronze: 120/10 x (2.73 - 2.08) = 7.8 tickets for bronze compared to diamond

> > Silver: 175/10 x (2.73 - 2.29) = 7.7 tickets for silver compared to diamond

> >

> > All the while the later reward tracks can easily lead to 20-30 pips in "waste" which do not reward at all since a minor tier is not cleared. That's less than 10% of the total available tickets per week, on 3 tiers which are cleared within around 6 hours of game play per week with ONLY a 5 pip tick every 5 minutes (which is basically completely new player tick level).

> >

> > So again, no it's not a big issue and the proposed change would barely make a dent. The far bigger issue would be, if a player with such strong time commitment issues were put on a 55 pip long diamond reward tier (which would take 55 minutes to clear with a 5 pip tick) only to not make the minor reward track, leaving empty handed. Think about it for a second there.

>

> The reset still means a -not so insignificant, despite of what you try to claim- ticket loss, which is what he was saying. Not that it makes any difference to me, but he's not wrong in what he said.

He is wrong with his proposed solution. Which is what I was referring to.

I clearly explained why and how his solution would neither address the issue in a significant way (which is his main concern, he wants more tickets per pip in the lower brackets), and pointed to further problems it would cause. One which might be directly a problem for topic creator, because the moment he loses 10-40 pips for not clearing a diamond minor tier (which he essentially wants to get placed into), his ticket per pip gain goes down the toilet.

I even suggested that a minor increase or redistribution could be done for lower tiers. To be honest, only wood and bronze are even affected. The difference between silver, gold and all the following reward tracks is even smaller. I intentionally compared the 2 tracks with the biggest disparity, as to show that even there it is minor at best (without assuming loss of pips for diamond tier in the calculation, which by the way IS a reality, since one never clears exactly a minor diamond tier always.).

That again would cause new issues though. The "short" minor early reward tiers reward tickets to fast. It allows players to drop in and out for short amounts of time. While in essence nice, it makes organizing and getting players on maps for longer periods of time harder and can cause problems with getting a stable number of players on a map.

EDIT:

and just to be clear, I am not intentionally bashing the idea. I am literally trying to explain how this change could be a detriment to both players who have low amount of times available as well as players who are unaware that the ticket per pip difference is not that big. Most just see "oh cool, I just got 13 tickets at once" but never actually check the time it took them to get those tickets.

EDIT 2:

A possible adaptation could be to increase the tickets per week to 370 (up from 365 atm). Redistribute those tickets to wood, increasing the tickets rewarded to 22 (now 4 per minor tier, up from 3, and 10 for the final tier, up from 8). It would increase wood to silver level of tickets per pip (0.22 tickets per pip, up from 0.17) and bring wood overall more in line with the remaining reward tracks.

> @"Roquen.5406" said:

> Would it be possible to make the WvW Pip Chests NOT reset weekly. Just make it so that you can only go through them all once per week but then let people decide how fast or slow they want to complete them.

>

> In its current state it punishes people that can't commit 20-24 hours a week to WvW, which for me personally is an automatic deterrent from the mode. It just feels like wasted progress. I never understood why it was implemented this way.

>

> On average it takes 20-24 hours to complete everything through diamond. Now someone that does that for every week for 8 weeks is able to max out the tickets each week. Take another person that puts less hours in per week and each week they lose progress because they can't finish the chests. So they are constantly starting over and overall they make less progress in the long run.

>

> I don't mind if it takes me 160-184 hours to get enough tickets for stuff. But as it stands if I put those 160-184 hours over 24 weeks instead of 8 I make much less progress overall.

>

> I know the veterans won't care because you've been playing so long but I only enjoy WvW in short bursts and this has always kind of irked me. Small changes like the above are things that can potentially bring players back into the mode and some of those may become long term adopters.

Wrong. I’m a vet and I definitely care. I typically run through the set at least twice. If this changes so that it doesn’t reset each week then it will take forever for me to build up the tickets I need for my next legendary set. It takes long enough already. Leave it the way it is, or let us get tickets each time through.

Oh wait. I just re read this. I agree with this idea actually. oops

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> Wrong. I’m a vet and I definitely care. I typically run through the set at least twice. If this changes so that it doesn’t reset each week then it will take forever for me to build up the tickets I need for my next legendary set. It takes long enough already. Leave it the way it is, or let us get tickets each time through.

What do you mean you run through the set twice? I thought you only get a max amount of tickets per week (365?) which is done by passing through all the chests.

> @"Roquen.5406" said:

> > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > Wrong. I’m a vet and I definitely care. I typically run through the set at least twice. If this changes so that it doesn’t reset each week then it will take forever for me to build up the tickets I need for my next legendary set. It takes long enough already. Leave it the way it is, or let us get tickets each time through.

>

> What do you mean you run through the set twice? I thought you only get a max amount of tickets per week (365?) which is done by passing through all the chests.

>

>

>

ya. I actually meant that I do the whole set and then repeat diamond a few times. I miss quoted what my brain was trying to say :-)

@"Cyninja.2954"

I think you lost me, the point is losing progress feels bad. The only thing I was attempting to propose would be the option to not have the chest reset per week. That way you can trudge along at your own pace. I guess a toggle option would be better, that way those that like the weekly reset can keep doing it but those that don't can have their progress build up over time.

According to you doing Wood, Bronze, and Silver take about 6 hours to complete. It also only nets a negligible loss per week in total pips based on time. Those 3 net 82 vs 365 per week.

Use Warbringer as an example, which you need 2,800 tickets for.

At 365 per week taking 20-24 hours on average. That's 8 weeks to have enough and a total of 160-192 hours.

At 82 per week taking 6 hours on average. That's 34 weeks and a total ~205 hours to get enough tickets.

It takes ~ 13-40 hours more to have enough tickets doing it the 6 hour per week way, which still nets the same problem of losing progress each week if you don't do that.

Edit: fixed bad math on my part, will fix in the OP too.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"Roquen.5406" said:

> > > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > Wrong. I’m a vet and I definitely care. I typically run through the set at least twice. If this changes so that it doesn’t reset each week then it will take forever for me to build up the tickets I need for my next legendary set. It takes long enough already. Leave it the way it is, or let us get tickets each time through.

> >

> > What do you mean you run through the set twice? I thought you only get a max amount of tickets per week (365?) which is done by passing through all the chests.

> >

> >

> >

>

> ya. I actually meant that I do the whole set and then repeat diamond a few times. I miss quoted what my brain was trying to say :-)

Ah okay, sorry if my wording confused you.

> @"Roquen.5406" said:

> @"Cyninja.2954"

>

> I think you lost me, the point is losing progress feels bad. The only thing I was attempting to propose would be the option to not have the chest reset per week. That way you can trudge along at your own pace. I guess a toggle option would be better, that way those that like the weekly reset can keep doing it but those that don't can have their progress build up over time.

>

> According to you doing Wood, Bronze, and Silver take about 6 hours to complete. It also only nets a negligible loss per week in total pips based on time. Those 3 net 82 vs 365 per week.

>

> Use Warbringer as an example, which you need 2,800 tickets for.

>

> At 365 per week taking 20-24 hours on average. That's 8 weeks to have enough and a total of 160-192 hours.

> At 82 per week taking 6 hours on average. That's 34 weeks and a total ~205 hours to get enough tickets.

>

> It takes ~ 13-40 hours more to have enough tickets doing it the 6 hour per week way, which still nets the same problem of losing progress each week if you don't do that.

>

> Edit: fixed bad math on my part, will fix in the OP too.

>

>

Your current total "loss" for only doing wood, bronze and silver, is as calculated by me: 10 + 7.8 + 7.7 = 23 tickets per week versus a player who does only diamond tracks (which is not possible). That is not accounting for any pip loss for not completing a minor track, which can reduce the efficieny of diamond a lot.

Your math as such adds up to:

- 82 tickets in the current system or 34 weeks.

Versus

- 105 (82+23) tickets per week or 26.7 weeks with diamond level tickets per pip. That is again, without factoring for pip loss of longer reward tracks. Which will happen.

Edit (the deteiment of doing math from a cell):

Minor correction, yes the increase is around 40 hours from 160 hours to 205 hours total. Withour factoring for loss of pips, which would reduce this [disparity] to some extent.

EDIT 2:

changing to an entire link system also creates other drastic issues which are currently limited to a weekly effect only:

Currently, a lot of WvW activity drops mid week. Mostly since players have cleared their weekly diamond chest and will only log if they want to or good fights are to be had. Extending this period to 8 weeks could cause serious population issues a few weeks in. Dedicated players would have the tickets done within 1-3 weeks.

> @"Syrus.2174" said:

> Maybe the skirmish reward chests should be reset on relink instead of weekly, while also being made more rewarding and having the Diamond Chest Repeatable rewards be improved, especially the repeatable chest should give the same rewards as the normal one. WvW already gives very little reward for the time played, I don't think it would be too much to have that be a thing.

2 months before it reset? Sure, that would help the Casual WvWer complete Diamond Chest however those who spend all their time in WvW and get ticket capped at 365 every time they complete the whole cycle would gain less than what they do now... So either they increase the ticket cap which in turn goes straight back to what the OP is complaining about or the people who complete the track weekly gain "less rewards" because the repeatable Diamond Chest is pretty worthless.

> @"Syrus.2174" said:

> Maybe the skirmish reward chests should be reset on relink instead of weekly, while also being made more rewarding and having the Diamond Chest Repeatable rewards be improved, especially the repeatable chest should give the same rewards as the normal one. WvW already gives very little reward for the time played, I don't think it would be too much to have that be a thing.

This would actually work pretty well. Slightly increase rewards across the whole skirmish track but even more so for diamond chests. I'm getting roughly 12 pips per tick and blaze through the chests when I actively play. When I get to the repeatable diamond, it feels very slow and not all that rewarding. The armor chest in bronze that was recently added is nice but not nearly enough. Its basically a an ecto extra per week.

PvE allows for 30 gold per hour but in WvW its closer to 5g an hour. A real bummer when you need to gear change or want something on the gem store.

> @"Blackarps.1974" said:

> > @"Syrus.2174" said:

> > Maybe the skirmish reward chests should be reset on relink instead of weekly, while also being made more rewarding and having the Diamond Chest Repeatable rewards be improved, especially the repeatable chest should give the same rewards as the normal one. WvW already gives very little reward for the time played, I don't think it would be too much to have that be a thing.

>

> This would actually work pretty well. Slightly increase rewards across the whole skirmish track but even more so for diamond chests. I'm getting roughly 12 pips per tick and blaze through the chests when I actively play. When I get to the repeatable diamond, it feels very slow and not all that rewarding. The armor chest in bronze that was recently added is nice but not nearly enough. Its basically a an ecto extra per week.

>

> PvE allows for 30 gold per hour but in WvW its closer to 5g an hour. A real bummer when you need to gear change or want something on the gem store.

You can get gear from wvw currency and reward tracks though, without spending any gold.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Blackarps.1974" said:

> > > @"Syrus.2174" said:

> > > Maybe the skirmish reward chests should be reset on relink instead of weekly, while also being made more rewarding and having the Diamond Chest Repeatable rewards be improved, especially the repeatable chest should give the same rewards as the normal one. WvW already gives very little reward for the time played, I don't think it would be too much to have that be a thing.

> >

> > This would actually work pretty well. Slightly increase rewards across the whole skirmish track but even more so for diamond chests. I'm getting roughly 12 pips per tick and blaze through the chests when I actively play. When I get to the repeatable diamond, it feels very slow and not all that rewarding. The armor chest in bronze that was recently added is nice but not nearly enough. Its basically a an ecto extra per week.

> >

> > PvE allows for 30 gold per hour but in WvW its closer to 5g an hour. A real bummer when you need to gear change or want something on the gem store.

>

> You can get gear from wvw currency and reward tracks though, without spending any gold.

Its cheaper and easier to get gear from WvW but faster from PvE, 30g/hour is enough to buy three pieces of the most expensive armors from TP, like Sentinel's, or just buy the required components to craft an even more expensive stat like Trailblazer.

When it comes to time investment, there's no comparison to PvE, its up to 10x faster in everything.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Blackarps.1974" said:

> > > > @"Syrus.2174" said:

> > > > Maybe the skirmish reward chests should be reset on relink instead of weekly, while also being made more rewarding and having the Diamond Chest Repeatable rewards be improved, especially the repeatable chest should give the same rewards as the normal one. WvW already gives very little reward for the time played, I don't think it would be too much to have that be a thing.

> > >

> > > This would actually work pretty well. Slightly increase rewards across the whole skirmish track but even more so for diamond chests. I'm getting roughly 12 pips per tick and blaze through the chests when I actively play. When I get to the repeatable diamond, it feels very slow and not all that rewarding. The armor chest in bronze that was recently added is nice but not nearly enough. Its basically a an ecto extra per week.

> > >

> > > PvE allows for 30 gold per hour but in WvW its closer to 5g an hour. A real bummer when you need to gear change or want something on the gem store.

> >

> > You can get gear from wvw currency and reward tracks though, without spending any gold.

>

> Its cheaper and easier to get gear from WvW but faster from PvE, 30g/hour is enough to buy three pieces of the most expensive armors from TP, like Sentinel's, or just buy the required components to craft an even more expensive stat like Trailblazer.

>

> When it comes to time investment, there's no comparison to PvE, its up to 10x faster in everything.

Tbh 30g/h is almost impossible because it relies on a lot of rng and very optimized routes, fast loading times etc etc. Sure pve is still faster, but you need to do very specific maps and steps, while in wvw you can do anything you want and you'll always get the same amount of currency.

I exclude fractals from farming because anyone can do those and you need full ascended regardless of what content you play.

PvE farming stands in no comparision to WvW, the reward is just many times greater in the total time played.

WvW gives a lot less reward in total, even if you constantly play zerg-vs-zerg and farm bags that way.

The skirmish reward also seems to be a lot less rewarding that its counterpiece for PvP.

As I said, overall I would appreciate a rework that makes it only reset on on relinks or every four match ups or such. The repeatable chests need to be changed in that case though.

Unless you play very actively, it is rare to even get to Mithril. I play daily, around 1-2 h each day, often only making it little past Gold, I feel like.

EDIT:

Thinking about it, as a bigger change, maybe it might even be good to change the pips to not be time based, but actually be a reward for doing things.

Like, you'd get 1 pip for capturing a camp (any tier), 1 for a T0 or T1 tower, 2 for T2 or T3, 2 for a T0 or T1 Keep, 3 for a T2 Keep, 4 for T3 Keep and so on. 10 Kills would give 1 pip ... maybe even dependend on how many people "tagged" that one kill ... Of course that's only very rough numbers, which need a lot of adjusting, maybe even more pips needed to complete the chest, but it's more about the idea of not being required to just spend time in WvW sitting around keeping participation up and instead working for the reward in an actual manner.

Just a quick brainstormy idea though, just popped in my mind after I typed the post.

Disappointed with the thread. Was hoping for "eliminate grandmaster mark shards" or put them in wallet currency.

Right now skirmish rewards are mainly about the skirmish tickets since warlord armor boxes are at bronze tier and grandmaster mark shards are 1/10 of a mark so ~1g. Memories of battle aren't accountbound so even after shooting up to ~10 silvers each you're better off in PvE.

Imo just remove Pip chest reset altogether.

Every time yur pip fills up, yu get a chest with rewards.

Next chest will give more rewards.

When yu have completed 5 chests, it cycles back to the basic chest reward again.

Needless to say, each Chest should give rewards equivalent to one full chest tier from the old system.

**Make it similar to WvW Reward Track basically.**

This will make people who spend all their gametime in WvW finish their Chest cycle multiple times, earning the respective rewards, while people who are more casual about WvW will stall their progress but the progress won't reset.

Also please add a little bit of Gold for each chest reward :

eg. 1g for first chest, 2g for second chest, 3g for third chest etc. etc.

> @"Syrus.2174" said:

> EDIT:

> Thinking about it, as a bigger change, maybe it might even be good to change the pips to not be time based, but actually be a reward for doing things.

> Like, you'd get 1 pip for capturing a camp (any tier), 1 for a T0 or T1 tower, 2 for T2 or T3, 2 for a T0 or T1 Keep, 3 for a T2 Keep, 4 for T3 Keep and so on. 10 Kills would give 1 pip ... maybe even dependend on how many people "tagged" that one kill ... Of course that's only very rough numbers, which need a lot of adjusting, maybe even more pips needed to complete the chest, but it's more about the idea of not being required to just spend time in WvW sitting around keeping participation up and instead working for the reward in an actual manner.

> Just a quick brainstormy idea though, just popped in my mind after I typed the post.

Riiiiiiight...

That wouldnt *at all* lead to vastly disproportionate rewards for karma training with the zerg in comparison to smallscale, nor make anyone think about abandoning defense of an objective and coordinate with the enemy so they can flip it back and forth as fast as possible for maximum pips.

... sometimes one really need to take a moment and consider why an existing well proven system works the way it does. Because its usually better than brainstorming.