My newbie pet peeve: stealth finishers

blp.3489

I've only been playing wvw for a week and I freely admit I'm very mediocre but after a week of being killed an insane number of times, the thing I hate the most is being finished by someone in stealth. I really think stealth should end when a finisher starts rather than when it finishes. What's the point of finishers taking 3.5 seconds if you can safely perform them in stealth? It's just too frustrating to be killed that way.

Getting downed with five 1200-range 5k-damage skirmisher's shots delivered from stealth is also not that fun. Getting hit by umpteen immobilizes and cripples isn't that fun either. Strangely, getting killed doesn't both me much at all, it's just some ways of dying make you feel helpless and are more frustrating than others. That's just one newbie's experience.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> You cant safely perform stomps in stealth. You can still take damage. For solo its irrelevant, for smallscale its a tactic that can be countered with AoE, for largescale well gg even getting close without being rolled by the zerg.

Perhaps, but performing a finisher should be dangerous.

Stealth on a finisher completely negates that, but that also means there should be some reward to taking the risk of finishing someone off.

I know it is a FPS Battle Royale but if you use a finisher in that game, it refills your shields once the finisher ends. You took a risk and got a reward.

I feel like finishers should be like that.

Stealth does seem a bit cheesy on a finisher honestly.

The thing is, stealth is really dangerous on a finisher. You still take damage, the opponent can cleave you down, and of course, reviving is faster than finishing, so you can also just revive immediately. Plus, there are many ways of safe finishers, Stealth is far from the best one. Stability prevents interrupts (in particular AoE interrupts), Shadowstep straight up makes you do most of the cast 900 range away, and Elixir S makes you completely immune and un-ccable while doing the finisher.

Wait till a engie shrinks and is immune finishes you but yeah creating a whole downed system with skills and then allowing certain classes to bypass it completely is bad. Many times you see a theif can jump 1 in a group of 3 and stealth finish because the other 2 don't react or try and rez instead of cleave or many similar things. Then things like necro down skills can be OP vs others but again if they 1v1 a thief and he's 10 percent when he downs you he wins even tho many other classes a necro could end up killing them from 10 percent as downed and winning the downed skill battle which is unfair too. They need to change the whole system to make it fair so I doubt anything will change

It is annoying but the bigger issue is downed skill variety.

Pretty much every class has some kind of downed defensive skill against finishers, usually that's a stun or knockback or some way to teleport or move for a short distance.

The problem is most of these skills are utterly useless against stealth since they often require a target to use.

Guardian being the only one that has a AoE push that can counter stealthed players trying to finish them.