Reapers are too tanky for the dmg they can do

Arheundel.6451

This spec is just too tanky for the level of dmg it can do, you must either decrease the skill dmg of RS or reduce life force regeneration. Kite and range were supposed to be the counters but...the power dmg has been nerfed too much, in the same patch you nerfed the dmg required to eat through RS and increased life force regeneration....makes little sense to me.

There are very little options left and given the pressure to nerf rangers into oblivion....what are we supposed to do in the future? Rangers are the best bet to get rid of this oppressive class...but ranger itself keeps getting nerfed. **stop buffing necros** ; they are necros everywhere now

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> what lol. why aren't kite and range options anymore? are you seriously saying ranger can't kill reaper? omg.

He mains mesmer, can't you see the smoke and mirrors for the....smoke and mirrors?

But yeah, range and kite. When reaper goes shroud you gtfo even if that means literally about face and run.

Edit: That doesn't mean reaper doesn't have some BS like insane damage and perma quickness autos just that they're largely manageable in the state of the game atm.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

>reduce life force regeneration

Reaper shroud gen is pretty wank though. It's mostly just Spectral Walk and Armor, GS3 and Focus 4. Both Spectral Skills are definitely things you can kite. If he's running the shout heal as well he won't have any condi cleanse except Well of Power or Suffer. I'm also going to point out that Reaper is still very susceptible to CC. It's also hard countered by Burn Guard.

Reaper is not tanky at all... it's probably people giving the Reaper Protection making them feel tanky.

Alot of classes may feel "tanky" but actually aren't, all because of Protection.

This in addition to the Corrupts of Necro turning Might into Weakness can make Power damage feel extremely weak.

What's one thing that Rangers seem to gain an extreme overabundance of? Might.

What is one of Ranger's weaknesses? Condition Clear.

Corrupts are one of the reasons why I am now avoiding any sort of pulsing boons on all my builds that I play, to get as little debilitating conditions on myself as possible.

Rely more upon damage boosts like Sicc'em and Beastmode for stat bursts to engage yur bursting phase and yu will see Reapers just melt.

Reapers are also the strongest but at the same time, the most vulnerable while in Shroud due to lockout of Utilities, so yu should kite till they enter Shroud, then burn them down with things like Axe 5 or Rapid Fire.

Now Core Necros on the other hand.....

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > what lol. why aren't kite and range options anymore? are you seriously saying ranger can't kill reaper? omg.

>

> He mains mesmer, can't you see the smoke and mirrors for the....smoke and mirrors?

>

> But yeah, range and kite. When reaper goes shroud you gtfo even if that means literally about face and run.

>

> Edit: That doesn't mean reaper doesn't have some BS like insane damage and perma quickness autos just that they're largely manageable in the state of the game atm.

the quickness spam def has to go. most power crept trait in the game. maybe 2 sec quick on hitting 3rd auto.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> He mains mesmer

In that case it's actually kinda understandable why he'd think shroud gen is too high. With clones you could definitely get almost instant 80% LF at start if you do Lich pre-match start and just GS3 the clones on first engage.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> the quickness spam def has to go. most power crept trait in the game. maybe 2 sec quick on hitting 3rd auto.

Alternatively make the RS skills 33% faster as baseline and reduce damage by another 33% and make the trait do something else.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Its 2020 and there's a complaint thread about Reaper, the least played class in the game just behind Chronomancer.

Nah, there are a lot less played ones than Reaper. I think Ive yet to actually see a Renegade for one, Druids and Chronos have become sparse, and even Scrappers are rarer than Reaper. Reaper is a fairly popular spec regardless of power. Because you get to mow people down with a Scythe, and really, who doesnt want that.

> @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> They might hit hard, but they have horrible stability and get absolutely destroyed when burnt, CC'd or immob'd. Stay out of their Nightfall AOE and if you don't have the CC to double down on them, then run away from them in their shroud, because their mobility sucks.

It doesn't count for anything because **ghastly claws hit like a truck**!

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Its 2020 and there's a complaint thread about Reaper, the least played class in the game just behind Chronomancer.

Wait, what?

I played for a bit over 2 hours today and saw 5-6 different reapers. I haven't seen any chronomancers since 25 february patch.

EU btw.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> Nah, there are a lot less played ones than Reaper. I think Ive yet to actually see a Renegade for one, Druids and Chronos have become sparse, and even Scrappers are rarer than Reaper. Reaper is a fairly popular spec regardless of power. Because you get to mow people down with a Scythe, and really, who doesnt want that.

huh? I've seen plenty of scrappers and renegades.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> Nah, there are a lot less played ones than Reaper. I think Ive yet to actually see a Renegade for one, Druids and Chronos have become sparse, and even Scrappers are rarer than Reaper. Reaper is a fairly popular spec regardless of power. Because you get to mow people down with a Scythe, and really, who doesnt want that.

Curious what rank you are hailing from, as I've seen many Renegades, Druids, Scrappers, and Reapers. Except Chrono, I literally never see that.

I'd even argue that Scrappers are meta, with several top 100 players on them, like Cuilan, Chaith, and myself.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> reaper tanky? if reaper is a regular tank, then firebrand is an apocalypse tank for the stupid amount of dmg it can ditch out vs the amount of sustain it can eat

How many have you seen in competitive modes since the Mantra of Solace nerf the week before last? I've seen three, and none of them impressed me with their self-sustain.

Mind you, the reapers I've fought against and beside haven't felt that tanky either, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> @"dceptaconroy.7928" said:

> This is joke city right here. Lock down and burn..done. Remove quickness..and readjust it how? You think that's an issue? What's left? Silver mode mind set. Pls leave us alone.

Reaper currently sitting at #1 spot with tempest at 2050 rating which isnt silver