Ranger pets ignoring defensive buffs/armor?

Bossun.2046

> @"Bossun.2046" said:

> I have been noticing that pets, at least the tiger seems to be criting for 6k hits on me while I am on demo prot holo. Something is definitely broken right there... Anyone else experienced it?

look at pet coefficiency.

skim through them, then look at coefficiency of your class damage skills. and you will quickly understand whats wrong :D

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> Some pet damage coefficients were left overtuned with the initial balance passes, so some soulbeasts/rangers are taking advantage of them to hit you for 6-10k with pet autos.

>

Most ppl are looking for “meta builds” that just weren’t nerfed. Thief mains are look at say sd DrD and De even though they are garbage, just because they weren’t nerfed

What @"Bossun.2046" is talking about is when he was 1v1ing my Core Ranger build the other day, and I agree that something was wrong with it.

It's not just high coefficients. Nope, something is off with it. The pets or at least the Tiger is ignoring toughness or protection or something.

Long story short, the Tiger seems to be hitting everything as if it were a light target golem standing there with no prot or tough stack. The damage dealt that I was noticing was proportionately messed up for when the Tiger had no mods on or when he had them all on. It just shouldn't be dealing that kind of damage when a player has a tough stacked character with protection on.

I had wondered if toughness or maybe protection was not working properly vs. the incoming whole number damage from the Ranger pet's modifiers. What I mean is, maybe for whatever reason that toughness and -33% is only applying to a portion of the Pet's equated damage.

Its just the Beastmastery line + Sick 'Em with a Feline pet. But they're incredibly fragile, you can almost 1shot cats.

Try to remove stacks of Might from it if you can, it helps, and make sure to keep any Vulnerability cleansed from yourself. Try to drag the pet away from Spotter, Frost Spirit and any other damage buffs the Ranger's giving out as well.

Just like player damage, pet damage goes up exponentially from %damage bonuses.

• 2 weeks later...

Came back to find this post because I think it's true, or at the very least was true.

3.6k Armor with protection and a total of -48% physical damage on my warrior and certain pets seem to just chunk close to 25% of my health with one skill. Way more damage than the ranger themself was doing.

Are they meant to ignore armor and damage reduction buffs? Is this a bug/was it fixed? Anyone know?