Quickness buff should be 25%, not 50%

50% increased speed on all actions is way too strong. Even as a Chrono Mesmer I find myself in conflict because on one hand I get to have 100% uptime on quickness, which is nice, on the other hand playing it is way too frantic and stressful, my keyboard doesn't appreciate it when i go all wack-a-mole on it.

You know they could just cut the HP bar on all PvE bosses with a timer by 17% if they enact the change proposed right? Since boss phases are based on health percentage it would be literally a one line change.

PvE should not be the primary balance consideration. Quickness isn't as huge a problem in WvW but in PvP it's been complained about for a while due to interruption or evasion of key skills hinging on activation time.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> You know they could just cut the HP bar on all PvE bosses with a timer by 17% if they enact the change proposed right? Since boss phases are based on health percentage it would be literally a one line change.

>

> PvE should not be the primary balance consideration. Quickness isn't as huge a problem in WvW but in PvP it's been complained about for a while due to interruption or evasion of key skills hinging on activation time.

Yeah we have seen how well it goes when anet does changes to raid content. Also not all boss phases are health based.

Just last week we got 3 raid bosses bugged many days even tho anet didn't even do anything to raid bosses, while we are at it, lets fix dungeons aswell shall we.

You are also missing the fact that quickness is not that simple to balance. You cant just nerf boss health abit and call it a day. Many classes dmg output relies on that quickness when it comes to their burst even tho their dmg output is a lot less than other classes (dragonhunter for example has a high burst but low dmg.)

Lets take power DD for example. Key things on you burst is to use your key skills (many weakening charges and fist flurry) under the effect of assasin signet and bounding dodge. If you nerf quickness both dmg and burst will suffer BUT DD already had a bad burst but okish sustain dps so this kind of nerf to its burst can easily push it out from raid content where it is only semi viable atm anyways.

How about balance between power and condition dmg? Quickness affects to that balance aswell.

However im more than fine to split quickness between game modes IF its a proplem. I play PVP alot and personally dont think that it is a proplem tho. If majority and anet does, then it should be changed.

Quickness and Alacrity as concepts are always a problem, through every MMO I ever played. Back in the day, WoW's equivalent, Haste, not only increased your attack speed but also lowered your cooldowns / global cooldown, meaning it was Quickness and Alacrity rolled into one. Blizzard has nerfed the impact of haste multiple times over the years.

The problem with both Quickness and Alacrity is they change the way your character 'feels' while playing. Over time you develop a feel for how long it takes to use an attack/utility, and a rotation develops based on when abilities come off cooldown. If one is used to alacrity and quickness uptime, things feel different when either of those is missing.

Good case in point: on my Alacrity Renegade, when I don't have quickness up, it seems to take forever to cast some of my warband..to the point I might accidentally cancel cast it.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> Quickness should be 50% and having the component - you take double damage while quickness is active.

No thanks. This game does a good job of avoiding ally-made inconveniences, and with the prevalence of party-shared boons in PvE, this could become cause for constant wipes what with the myriad groups who get hit by everything ever.

> @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> PVE is the main focus of the game so yes, it should and will be the primary balance consideration. PVP (which WVW is) is not the primary and never should be. Mores the point the skills can be split between PVE and PVP so your point is irrelevant.

This forum needs a thumbs down option.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> Quickness should be 50% and having the component - you take double damage while quickness is active.

Better yet, turn aegis into a boon that when cast on an ally will cause them to instantly down on the next strike against them. Would be more to the point, but I guess I could settle with only being able to buff a 50% increased incoming damage to other players. Just make it 100% in PvP.

> PVE is the main focus of the game so yes, it should and will be the primary balance consideration. PVP (which WVW is) is not the primary and never should be. Mores the point the skills can be split between PVE and PVP so your point is irrelevant.

The problem with this reasoning is that the only thing that matters in PvE balance is that every class is viable. Monsters are dumb as rocks, so counterplay and meta shifts aren't really a thing in PvE. This means it makes a lot more sense to balance mechanics around PvP, where it actually has an impact. ESPECIALLY in a game like gw2, where 99% of PvE content is intentionally designed to pander to casuals and is therefore so comically easy that mechanical balance doesn't even matter.

This is why they design mechanics for PvP, then split skills for PvE to ensure all classes have viable roles.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > PVE is the main focus of the game so yes, it should and will be the primary balance consideration. PVP (which WVW is) is not the primary and never should be. Mores the point the skills can be split between PVE and PVP so your point is irrelevant.

>

> The problem with this reasoning is that the only thing that matters in PvE balance is that every class is viable. Monsters are dumb as rocks, so counterplay and meta shifts aren't really a thing in PvE. This means it makes a lot more sense to balance mechanics around PvP, where it actually has an impact. ESPECIALLY in a game like gw2, where 99% of PvE content is intentionally designed to pander to casuals and is therefore so comically easy that mechanical balance doesn't even matter.

>

> This is why they design mechanics for PvP, then split skills for PvE to ensure all classes have viable roles.

>

>

>

>

Except by that logic,it makes even *less* sense to balance around pvp. The two play very, very differently. Balancing around pvp in a pve game just leads to bad balance and mechanics of a skill not working properly.

So no, balance separately, and balance around the game design. This game was designed for pve majority, balance for that and pvp separately.

They balance for *pve* and then split into pvp, top down approach.

-edit

whats not hard to grasp is your total lack of knowledge when it comes to balance and game design.

the game will never be designed around pvp, balanced around pvp, and it will never matter, get over it bronze scrub.

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > PVE is the main focus of the game so yes, it should and will be the primary balance consideration. PVP (which WVW is) is not the primary and never should be. Mores the point the skills can be split between PVE and PVP so your point is irrelevant.

> >

> > The problem with this reasoning is that the only thing that matters in PvE balance is that every class is viable. Monsters are dumb as rocks, so counterplay and meta shifts aren't really a thing in PvE. This means it makes a lot more sense to balance mechanics around PvP, where it actually has an impact. ESPECIALLY in a game like gw2, where 99% of PvE content is intentionally designed to pander to casuals and is therefore so comically easy that mechanical balance doesn't even matter.

> >

> > This is why they design mechanics for PvP, then split skills for PvE to ensure all classes have viable roles.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Except by that logic,it makes even *less* sense to balance around pvp.

How the hell does it make more sense to balance a game around the easiest content? Easy content can be outplayed by simply pressing the same rotation over and over.

Balancing for the upper skill level always makes more sense than balancing for the lower skill level. When you balance for lower skill levels, what happens is broken mechanics get left in place to be exploited by more hardcore players. **Top players break games, casuals do not.** This is not my personal opinion, but a legitimately proven fact that has been proven time and time again by multiple online games. Pandering to casuals means your game gets broken by top players. This really is not a hard concept to grasp.

> > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > PVE is the main focus of the game so yes, it should and will be the primary balance consideration. PVP (which WVW is) is not the primary and never should be. Mores the point the skills can be split between PVE and PVP so your point is irrelevant.

> > >

> > > The problem with this reasoning is that the only thing that matters in PvE balance is that every class is viable. Monsters are dumb as rocks, so counterplay and meta shifts aren't really a thing in PvE. This means it makes a lot more sense to balance mechanics around PvP, where it actually has an impact. ESPECIALLY in a game like gw2, where 99% of PvE content is intentionally designed to pander to casuals and is therefore so comically easy that mechanical balance doesn't even matter.

> > >

> > > This is why they design mechanics for PvP, then split skills for PvE to ensure all classes have viable roles.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Except by that logic,it makes even *less* sense to balance around pvp.

>

>

> How the hell does it make more sense to balance a game around the easiest content? Easy content can be outplayed by simply pressing the same rotation over and over.

>

> Balancing for the upper skill level always makes more sense than balancing for the lower skill level. When you balance for lower skill levels, what happens is broken mechanics get left in place to be exploited by more hardcore players. **Top players break games, casuals do not.** This is not my personal opinion, but a legitimately proven fact that has been proven time and time again by multiple online games. Pandering to casuals means your game gets broken by top players. This really is not a hard concept to grasp.

>

>

This always ends up breaking the game for average players. It foolish to chase top players; they are never satisfied anyway.

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> Well, Quickness wouldn't be a problem if not every profession had access to it.

>

> The introduction of Chronomancers along HoT really flattened the whole Raid experience for me.

how can a introduction of a class and with a expansion flatten your raid experience when its that same expansion and class that introduced us to raids.

there where no raids before that

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > Well, Quickness wouldn't be a problem if not every profession had access to it.

> >

> > The introduction of Chronomancers along HoT really flattened the whole Raid experience for me.

>

> how can a introduction of a class and with a expansion flatten your raid experience when its that same expansion and class that introduced us to raids.

> there where no raids before that

Because I can't experience the raids without having to rely on Quickness most of the time. The groups without a Chronomancers are rare.

> @"aaron.7850" said:

> 50% increased speed on all actions is way too strong. Even as a Chrono Mesmer I find myself in conflict because on one hand I get to have 100% uptime on quickness, which is nice, on the other hand playing it is way too frantic and stressful, my keyboard doesn't appreciate it when i go all wack-a-mole on it.

Sounds like the problem is Anet's addiction to boonshare and boon duration increases

This wasn't an issue pre-HoT

> > PVE is the main focus of the game so yes, it should and will be the primary balance consideration. PVP (which WVW is) is not the primary and never should be. Mores the point the skills can be split between PVE and PVP so your point is irrelevant.

>

> The problem with this reasoning is that the only thing that matters in PvE balance is that every class is viable. Monsters are dumb as rocks, so counterplay and meta shifts aren't really a thing in PvE. This means it makes a lot more sense to balance mechanics around PvP, where it actually has an impact. ESPECIALLY in a game like gw2, where 99% of PvE content is intentionally designed to pander to casuals and is therefore so comically easy that mechanical balance doesn't even matter.

>

> This is why they **_SHOULD_** design mechanics for PvP, then split skills for PvE to ensure all classes have viable roles.

>

Fixed that for you. Unfortunately, they don't. In fact, that's the very crux of the problem. They don't design and balance *enough* for the PvP modes.

Otherwise we wouldn't have ever seen total nonsense like boonbeast, scourge, fb, all of the historic problems with DH and DE, ranger pets, stealth stacking, Chrono and Mirage, various Daredevil builds, condi trapper Thief, condi Reaper... the list continues. And that's just the OP stuff and not the grossly UP stuff that needs reworking.