I say keep pushing out harder content.

pff, everything should be easy to obtain. i want title "leaves no hero behind" but i dont trust strangers to buy a boost, if i got the gold.

same for dhuum helm. raiding could be nice but i also want every available spec to be meta, and not just 1 or 2. long time ago that i raided.

maybe afraid to join one, i only hear ppl that dont get invited because of KP or LI is not high enough. ppl want a popular (healthy) game so new ppl should be welcome everywhere.

if ppl want harder content then just solo challange mode dhuum (or with 4 others) and carry 5 ppl like me for free loot. then we both get what we want, the elitists get a challange, and the casuals get a chance to loot something they otherwise will never be able to get.

i just farmed bloodstone fen and i was about to make a topic that it needs a nerf, its annoying when the map is nearly empty and the amount of mobs dont scale to the low player amount. the mobs already do way too much damage to mounts. 1 spear and 50% is gone, when not on mounts i ran away and they follow me across the map. its BS.

this cant be enjoyable. this is pure hate to the players on the map. same for skyscale, whats the point of flying if you can get shot and dismount midair? is that mount pure made for skin sales? or does it has more advantages? i would think that if i fly in the air that i can alt tab and go to wiki without getting attacked by ground mobs.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> I love it, I'm sure we would love some challenges. Not saying open world but you know, more instanced challenges, eventually people will pour into it all and realize it's the norm. Make them one difficulty tho let's coordinate as heroes of Tyria!

>

> I just thought of an awesome idea, make the story instanced, instead we as players now need to unlock the progress of the story to find out what happens! And make it as hard as raids! That would be awesome!! Now we don't breeze through the stories, we work together to progress on it! ^^

No, I would not "love some challenges". I don't do raids because I don't like them. Your "awesome idea" would attempt to force content on me I don't want. Why would I continue to play a game that tried to force me to do things I don't want to do? If you wanted harder optional content, I'd support you but to make harder content mandatory? You sound like one of those fundamentalists who feels the need to force their own views on everyone else.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Forcing content for story has not been a popular idea around here. Also, not everyone likes raid-level content, so players would probably leave.

> >

> > If Anet's research and data show that there is enough of a demand for additional, instanced, hard content, then they might spend the resources to create it. How would this differ from the existing raids?

>

> How about....40 MAN story raids!!!

40 man raids have killed a lot of games... Never, please

Suggesting harder content always brings out the same people shutting down any constructive ideas, and then patting each other on the back for "discouraging elitist attitudes". There is no reason why there shouldnt be different difficulties for solo, instanced content. It would take minimal resources to implement, and the rewards would be purely cosmetic. All the people who hate challenge can keep doing what they always do, and people who like to improve and get better at the game can have a way to do so on their own time, without the pressure of being in a group.

Gw2 combat has an incredibly high skill cap compared to other mmos. Solo players should have the option to challenge themselves without having to attempt content that was designed for group play.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> All the people who hate challenge can keep doing what they always do, and people who like to improve and get better at the game can have a way to do so on their own time, without the pressure of being in a group.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Except, the OP's suggestion is to give no choice. Raid-difficulty Story Instances? Required to progress the Story?

> Doesn't sound like a good idea for those more interested in fun than challenges.

Pretty much this. Not sure that you fully read the OP's opening post?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Except, the OP's suggestion is to give no choice. Raid-difficulty Story Instances? Required to progress the Story?

> Doesn't sound like a good idea for those more interested in fun than challenges.

The OP wrote 4 lines with the general suggestion of having harder content, probably as a joke, and my point still stands because it was about the overall attitude of people on these forums. No matter how well thought out an idea someone has about adding scaling difficulties, story mode challenge motes, etc. you still see the same kind of people bashing any mention of adding harder difficulty instances.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Except, the OP's suggestion is to give no choice. Raid-difficulty Story Instances? Required to progress the Story?

> > Doesn't sound like a good idea for those more interested in fun than challenges.

>

> The OP wrote 4 lines with the general suggestion of having harder content, probably as a joke, and my point still stands because it was about the overall attitude of people on these forums. No matter how well thought out an idea someone has about adding scaling difficulties, story mode challenge motes, etc. you still see the same kind of people bashing any mention of adding harder difficulty instances.

The OP edited the original post. Maybe you didn't see it when it was first posted?

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Except, the OP's suggestion is to give no choice. Raid-difficulty Story Instances? Required to progress the Story?

> > > Doesn't sound like a good idea for those more interested in fun than challenges.

> >

> > The OP wrote 4 lines with the general suggestion of having harder content, probably as a joke, and my point still stands because it was about the overall attitude of people on these forums. No matter how well thought out an idea someone has about adding scaling difficulties, story mode challenge motes, etc. you still see the same kind of people bashing any mention of adding harder difficulty instances.

>

> The OP edited the original post. Maybe you didn't see it when it was first posted?

I probably missed it.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> I dunno, locking lore behind tough boss fights can break the pace of the narrative - which is why a lot of games offer an easy/story mode to begin with.

>

> Some players already struggle with the games difficulty. These sorts of players are already too shy to join a group for risk of slowing them down and getting flamed. Forcing grouped content in a community that sometimes requires LI for DUNGEONS and speedruns by default just seems like a bad idea.

I'm one of those people. I'm very reluctant to join a guild or participate in dungeons, etc., because I know I have little finesse when playing. I know this limits what I can do and where I can go in the game, but I'm not a super intense player and I don't want to drag down those who are. Nor do I want to expose myself to nasty comments.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> You won't know what you want until it's right in front of you ^^

Is that a serious comment to me? That's ridiculous. I can assure you I have enough experience with MMO's to know what I want from them.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > > I don't think so. I'm pretty sure everyone who's still playing this is going to play the game.

> > Considering that most of the players that are left are _not_ interested in raids and raidlike content, i'd say it is extremely unlikely.

> > I mean, there's not enough players left that are interested in _10-man_ raid content to justify their further development. The amount of people interested in 40-man raids would be even smaller than that.

> > Forcing people into that content won't make them like it. On the contrary, it is likely to stop them from accessing content locked behind that - and thus, from playing the game at all.

> >

>

> I'm literally in a guild full of people asking to do raid training. Yesterday we went through slothasor where I helped with eating the poison.

That doesn't change the truth of what he said. You're in ONE guild where this is happening. That is NOT indicative of ALL guilds and all players' experiences.

Just going to put this out there like every time. Exclusivity KILLS the game mode for people that enforce exclusivity on others. If the dedicated raiding population wants to see this type of content evolve, they need to be more inclusive to who they raid with and more tolerant of how those people want to play.

If harder content was delivering the ROI Anet needs to see compared to other content they put out, they would do it.

> @"Ardyth.9286" said:

> I'm one of those people. I'm very reluctant to join a guild or participate in dungeons, etc., because I know I have little finesse when playing. I know this limits what I can do and where I can go in the game, but I'm not a super intense player and I don't want to drag down those who are. Nor do I want to expose myself to nasty comments.

Ask yourself this very important question: **Is it worth the effort required?** Effort can be anything from memorizing optimal rotations to putting up with the BS of the obsessives.

Obviously most of the player base answered with "No" back in the early days of the game or else Anet would have put far more money and manpower towards competitive and group content. If it's something you want to do then you'll find ways to do it. I know there are plenty of guilds out there that happily lead folks through that stuff without the 'tude. But if the other modes (or making online friends) are not a significant part of your motivation to play then ignore they exist.

ETA- I still think the strikes are an attempt to close a barn door long after the cows have disappeared over the horizon but if they do work as intended in the long run then it's good for everyone.

lets see 10% do 10x the damage of the rest.

Let that sink for a bit. Just because something is easy for YOU does not mean it is easy for everyone else.

A lot of people struggle their way through personal story and are really depending on help for HoT and PoF. And you want to exclude them?

If you want harder content, ditch your meta ascended gear and your meta build. Try again.

Or don't play on easy faceroll classes. Problem solved.

> @"thepenmonster.3621" said:

> > @"Ardyth.9286" said:

> > I'm one of those people. I'm very reluctant to join a guild or participate in dungeons, etc., because I know I have little finesse when playing. I know this limits what I can do and where I can go in the game, but I'm not a super intense player and I don't want to drag down those who are. Nor do I want to expose myself to nasty comments.

>

> Ask yourself this very important question: **Is it worth the effort required?** Effort can be anything from memorizing optimal rotations to putting up with the BS of the obsessives.

>

> Obviously most of the player base answered with "No" back in the early days of the game or else Anet would have put far more money and manpower towards competitive and group content. If it's something you want to do then you'll find ways to do it. I know there are plenty of guilds out there that happily lead folks through that stuff without the 'tude. But if the other modes (or making online friends) are not a significant part of your motivation to play then ignore they exist.

>

> ETA- I still think the strikes are an attempt to close a barn door long after the cows have disappeared over the horizon but if they do work as intended in the long run then it's good for everyone.

This is very PMA!