Would you rather be your character?

> @"anninke.7469" said:

> Hell no. All the wrinkles in the world are nowhere near as bad as what my toons go through (often caused by me). :D

>

> Edit: What if you had to switch with one of them? Would you still want to?

Yes, I'd love to be in a world of magic and fantasy. Plus, I can never die -- people could just "revive" me. xD

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > Hell no. All the wrinkles in the world are nowhere near as bad as what my toons go through (often caused by me). :D

> >

> > Edit: What if you had to switch with one of them? Would you still want to?

>

> Yes, I'd love to be in a world of magic and fantasy. Plus, I can never die -- people could just "revive" me. xD

But it still hurts.

> @"anninke.7469" said:

> > @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > > Hell no. All the wrinkles in the world are nowhere near as bad as what my toons go through (often caused by me). :D

> > >

> > > Edit: What if you had to switch with one of them? Would you still want to?

> >

> > Yes, I'd love to be in a world of magic and fantasy. Plus, I can never die -- people could just "revive" me. xD

>

> But it still hurts.

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says different is selling something.

-Dread Pirate Roberts

> @"Jack O Lights.9312" said:

> > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > > @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > > > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > > > Hell no. All the wrinkles in the world are nowhere near as bad as what my toons go through (often caused by me). :D

> > > >

> > > > Edit: What if you had to switch with one of them? Would you still want to?

> > >

> > > Yes, I'd love to be in a world of magic and fantasy. Plus, I can never die -- people could just "revive" me. xD

> >

> > But it still hurts.

>

> Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says different is selling something.

>

> -Dread Pirate Roberts

Inconceivable!

I mean, In a world where death essentially doesn't exist, (at least for the player characters), it might be nice to go out and experience what dying actually feels like, only to come back to life. Though, in a world where you'd never die, I think it might get boring after a while. My character(s) life right now is pretty interesting thus far considering I still have the expansions/Living Story 3, 4, and the Ice Brood Saga to go through, but I'd imagine it would get down to the point where people who have nothing left to but sign on, and do their dailies would get boring, you know, pretty much a "Rinse and Repeat" cycle. Couldn't imagine doing that for hundreds of years. I feel like one lifetime of waking up, going to work, get's old as is, that's why we have retirement.

I do sometimes wonder what having breasts would be like....

But... at least there is one thing I'm sure about: Fat lazy charr would not be able to fight very well and save the world.

My character have died over 2500 times. No, I don't want to be my charr. After experiencing so much death and pain (being stabbed, tormented, poisoned, burned alive, crushed etc), I would probably be extremly insane and out of my mind... OR just numb like Kenny from South Park. I don't know.

> @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> Indeed! Charr are awesome. Humans just cause problems. At least on planet Earth.

They caused a lot of trouble in Tyria too.

And for people fearing about danger, pain, and death : Go the craftmanship way !

Stay in a capital city, build and invent things. Sell them !

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > Indeed! Charr are awesome. Humans just cause problems. At least on planet Earth.

>

> They caused a lot of trouble in Tyra too.

>

> And for people fearing about danger, pain, and death : Go the craftmanship way !

> Stay in a capital city, build and invent things. Sell them !

Well, the OP said "your character" so I take my characters' way of life as a measure :)

> @"anninke.7469" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > Indeed! Charr are awesome. Humans just cause problems. At least on planet Earth.

> >

> > They caused a lot of trouble in Tyra too.

> >

> > And for people fearing about danger, pain, and death : Go the craftmanship way !

> > Stay in a capital city, build and invent things. Sell them !

>

> Well, the OP said "your character" so I take my characters' way of life as a measure :)

There's only 1 Commander of the Pact. None of my characters are the commander. Some of them are only craftsmen, never leaving the city.

I would be a non-fighter scholar with magical abilities selling my services.

There is one character of mine that was a bit of an indulgent self-insert who I suppose I could take the place of, but otherwise my characters are distinctly not me so I would genuinely feel bad replacing them.

Living in Tyria as myself would be cool, though.

> @"Zephire.8049" said:

> There is one character of mine that was a bit of an indulgent self-insert who I suppose I could take the place of, but otherwise my characters are distinctly not me so I would genuinely feel bad replacing them.

>

> Living in Tyria as myself would be cool, though.

Same here. I never make my characters to look like me, or to look the way I'd like to look. Instead I make them to look like the person I imagine them being.

I do sometimes wish I could have hair like my main character. It's slightly shorter than mine (mid-back instead of waist length) but hers is black and straight instead of brown and frizzy and never gets tangled or caught on anything. But apparently I'd only want it if it was naturally like that, I've never bothered to dye it and straightening isn't actually an option, even the one time I had it done professionally it was back to normal in under 12 hours and ended up worst than usual. (Which is annoying because I got it done the day before a friends wedding.)

> @"anninke.7469" said:

> > @"Jack O Lights.9312" said:

> > > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > > > @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > > > > @"anninke.7469" said:

> > > > > Hell no. All the wrinkles in the world are nowhere near as bad as what my toons go through (often caused by me). :D

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: What if you had to switch with one of them? Would you still want to?

> > > >

> > > > Yes, I'd love to be in a world of magic and fantasy. Plus, I can never die -- people could just "revive" me. xD

> > >

> > > But it still hurts.

> >

> > Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says different is selling something.

> >

> > -Dread Pirate Roberts

>

> Inconceivable!

Definitely not, I mean, being stuck in map that reset itself like a fractal at the end of the day during 30y.... Don't want to end like Auris. Characters getting older, and still same appearance year after year... what sorcery is that. Imagine everything you do reset at the end of the day....

I want to be in Tyria for one thing: Learning how to build stargates... Mhh I mean asuran gate.