When will Firebrand finally see a buff?

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Doesn't seem like it is supposed to be a 1 v 1 class.

>

> You notice how they nerf classes into oblivion when players make support classes into side noders?

A class able to 1vX is always nerfed. If a class is good in 1v1 against too many other builds, it's also nerfed.

If u want a 1v1 build you should actually try core symbols. FB is strong but having instant skills + virtues(extra sustain) is way better for 1v1ing. Depending on the map, as symbol builds require a small node and nice kiting spots to be effective, I’d say core symbol guard is one of the best 1v1ers rn.

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > Doesn't seem like it is supposed to be a 1 v 1 class.

> >

> > You notice how they nerf classes into oblivion when players make support classes into side noders?

>

> A class able to 1vX is always nerfed. If a class is good in 1v1 against too many other builds, it's also nerfed.

And there's thief who can't even 1v1.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> They should revert the tome casting nerf in PvP; the tooltip still marks 0.25 seconds but the swap to tome skills is almost as slow as Rev's hammer #5 (1.75). Are the Engineers kits currently as slow to swap?

Did they ever change it's cast time in PvE? It used to feel complete trash to press them.

> @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> Its very underperforming and discouraging to play. Almost turning my back to the game until something happens to Firebrand.

> Its quite hard to win any 1v1 situation as firebrand atm.

What was carrying FB soloing capacity was mantra of truth. Now it is dead. FB is no longer a good solo. It seems also to be getting pushed out of the meta. What it offers is pointless in my opinion. I think people are catching-up on that too.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > Its very underperforming and discouraging to play. Almost turning my back to the game until something happens to Firebrand.

> > Its quite hard to win any 1v1 situation as firebrand atm.

>

> What was carrying FB soloing capacity was mantra of truth. Now it is dead. FB is no longer a good solo. It seems also to be getting pushed out of the meta. What it offers is pointless in my opinion. I think people are catching-up on that too.

FB is not bad at all, just peeps moved to other degenerate stuff like all the revs, pthiefs and rangers.

Mantra of truth is STILL very good, but you have to use it in reaction to single hit skills, unlike before you just spammed it for 50% weakness uptime and crap ton of blinds.

Its no cast time blind, against every single 1hit skill its better version of daze mantra.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > > Its very underperforming and discouraging to play. Almost turning my back to the game until something happens to Firebrand.

> > > Its quite hard to win any 1v1 situation as firebrand atm.

> >

> > What was carrying FB soloing capacity was mantra of truth. Now it is dead. FB is no longer a good solo. It seems also to be getting pushed out of the meta. What it offers is pointless in my opinion. I think people are catching-up on that too.

>

> FB is not bad at all, just peeps moved to other degenerate stuff like all the revs, pthiefs and rangers.

> Mantra of truth is STILL very good, but you have to use it in reaction to single hit skills, unlike before you just spammed it for 50% weakness uptime and kitten ton of blinds.

> Its no cast time blind, against every single 1hit skill its better version of daze mantra.

So MoT is far less effective aegis that works only in melee and only for one sec. And you think that is better than instant ranged CC? LMAO

It surely needed a nerf from 4 secs of blind, cripple and weakness. But it is current iteration is useless. It is not worth a utility slot. Not even remotely. The effective nerf was to remove the weakness not make everything 1 sec. But Anet balance methodology "if something is a problem **FUCKING DELETE IT**."

As for FB effectiveness.. in my experience playing against them, they are highly ineffective. If you play a high sustain build (I typically play high sustain builds) they can barely deal any damage to you. The sage variant does damage but lacks sustain and lost the cover condis. The menders version is mostly support. The damage it does is abysmal against any semi tanky build. It seems they have been out of AT. Dunno how they are fairing in P2 and above (but indications from feedback is that they are out), but IMO all the build has is CC and some support. There are better CC builds and support is not all that good.

Personally, if I decide to play guardian in ranked (highly unlikely in the current sPvP state) I would put my money on core sage condi. It is the only guardian build that can do... damage (for now since there are rumors core condi burning will be nerfed). Sure, it is not P3 viable, but it can carry games lower than 1,600 if you know what you are doing. If your goal is to rank high in P3 or leg, guardian is not a good option IMO.

i cant kill while using ministrel buff my class :)

JK asside, Fibrand is quite strong on offensive as well while tuned to provide weaker support(in duration), there are stat mixtures that can make FB work w/o mbeing only ministrel.

Firebrand with FIRErbranding anemies can be setted for amazing condi cleanse and stab while providing offisive minor damage with condition pressure, thi sin small scale perpective.

its just not a class to easilly 1 vs 1+, its more of a support and "plus one".