Alliances, WvW and Cantha

vier.1327

Hello WvWers.

I have a question regarding the Alliances and world restructuring.

There are some hints that the next expansion could be related to Cantha. The GW veterans can remember what Cantha was about in PvP terms; Two Factions, Kurzick and Luxon and your guild could join one of them and with other guilds to form a bigger community.

On the other hand, we have the vaguely system described in the World Restructuring post. The initial D, I mean plan, could have been changed and be completely different now in the mind of the developer of WvW ( all of us know that there is only one).

Is WvW going to be something like GW Factions?

I mean, we need an excuse to buy the expansion, and a new map can be a possibility, but world restructuring is one the main problems today, so what a better way to sell the product than that.

?

New class specs.

New siege - ladders!

New gliders attachments for mounts, new set of glider skins!

There all you need to sell the expansion for wvw!

Also since alliances is a base mechanic change to population sorting for wvw which involves all levels of accounts, it won't be sold in the expansion separately unless they plan on separating the expansion population from the rest, which would just further damage what alliances was suppose to help fix. They could put in factions but doubt it would be anything hardcore, just like some group to join for exclusive rewards, like the storylines with the 3 groups priory, vigil and order of whispers type of thing, this could be sold in the expansion.

> @"Samug.6512" said:

> AFAIK both Luxons and Kurzics were dominated and assimilated by the Dragon Empire before the start of GW2.

There is not a problem, red vs blue vs green, chose the name of whatever you want. Dragon Empire vs Rebels vs Pact add some lore, not to much, and there you have it.

?

> @"vier.1327" said:

> > @"Samug.6512" said:

> > AFAIK both Luxons and Kurzics were dominated and assimilated by the Dragon Empire before the start of GW2.

>

> There is not a problem, red vs blue vs green, chose the name of whatever you want. Dragon Empire vs Rebels vs Pact add some lore, not to much, and there you have it.

> ?

What little lore there is of WvW I think it was alternate realities not a set team.

D:

> @"vier.1327" said:

> Hello WvWers.

>

> I have a question regarding the Alliances and world restructuring.

>

> There are some hints that the next expansion could be related to Cantha. The GW veterans can remember what Cantha was about in PvP terms; Two Factions, Kurzick and Luxon and your guild could join one of them and with other guilds to form a bigger community.

>

> On the other hand, we have the vaguely system described in the World Restructuring post. The initial D, I mean plan, could have been changed and be completely different now in the mind of the developer of WvW ( all of us know that there is only one).

>

> Is WvW going to be something like GW Factions?

>

> I mean, we need an excuse to buy the expansion, and a new map can be a possibility, but world restructuring is one the main problems today, so what a better way to sell the product than that.

> ?

I presumed alliances would come out with a cathan campaign for marketing purposes. Both seem like a pipe dream currently.

Do the right thing to save your ass if you care. Pay gems. Move to BG in off hours. The anet team will provide you with them new "magical sigils and we think runes" Join the map que and one push in straight line. If you down, you will magical res, bc anet does not lose more than 2 times in a row. After wiping them 2x, change maps requiring them to change maps. Keep doing it, they lose a few each time they chase the small group. Funny that the devs of a game are killing their own company.

one other thing, they push in straight line with 50. They will immob, hamma stan and then condi. They all push in straight line like lemmings, dodge to side and then hit their necros on the back line. Have a thief take out their idiot commander and they will all run like rats back into smc.

> @"vier.1327" said:

> But Alliances are the end of world transfer with gems?

>

> I mean, if they want to earn money with them, they will find the way... Just remember the build template fiasco.

> ?

Don’t be shocked if they remove guild buffs and make it alliance buffs for WvW, and lock them behind a guild hall style pay wall.

?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"vier.1327" said:

> > But Alliances are the end of world transfer with gems?

> >

> > I mean, if they want to earn money with them, they will find the way... Just remember the build template fiasco.

> > ?

>

> Don’t be shocked if they remove guild buffs and make it alliance buffs for WvW, and lock them behind a guild hall style pay wall.

>

> ?

And then abandon them and never mentioned or updated in the future.